Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
JohninMK
ali.a.r
nihilusa
Zivo
zg18
Heartbeer
flamming_python
KiloGolf
Project Canada
Werewolf
Grazneyar
AlfaT8
Erk
VARGR198
Khepesh
HeNeArKrXeRn_
calm
eehnie
TheGeorgian
d_taddei2
cheesfactory
arpakola
NationalRus
Regular
Kadmos45
Rodinazombie
sepheronx
Vann7
OminousSpudd
Svyatoslavich
VladimirSahin
Ispan
George1
SturmGuard
Odin of Ossetia
GarryB
ultron
KoTeMoRe
Morpheus Eberhardt
Walther von Oldenburg
ExBeobachter1987
magnumcromagnon
Godric
kvs
franco
Neutrality
PapaDragon
medo
Karl Haushofer
TheArmenian
par far
Cowboy's daughter
56 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

sepheronx
    sepheronx

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

Post  sepheronx Sun May 22, 2016 1:13 am

https://translate.yandex.by/web?url=http://rusnext.ru/news/1463850836
    kvs
    kvs

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

Post  kvs Sun May 22, 2016 4:26 am

The Novorussian army had 35,000 over a year ago. It did not stop building up its manpower. If Kiev had a 3 to 1 advantage
    it would have kept trying to grab back the Donbas. It clearly doesn't have this sort of advantage.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun May 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Briefing detailing potential provocation by ukrops in the area of Avdeevka. It is suggested that ukrops may use their own aircraft disguised with Russian markings to bomb civilians and even their own forces. Sinenkov mentions about the foreign journalists, particulary from BBC, now operating in the Avdeevka area, and that they may be there for an "event". Sinenkov also suggests that a film of the "atrocity" may have already been made ready for distrubution. This seems very similar to the situation in Syria in 2013, I think, with the abduction by rebels of civilians, including many children, and using them in a film of so called victims of the infamous fake nerve gas attack said to have been carried out by Assad forces.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun May 22, 2016 2:16 pm

And the Russians will put them in their place just like they did to America regarding the so called Sarin gas attack.

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Might sound funny but back in 1999. i remember soldiers that were stationed near my home talking about how Intelligence officers told them that US might bomb some targets on Kosovo and maybe even Albania with aircraft having Yugoslav markings (Back then they still had MiG29s obtained via Moldova).

I still remember that story as it was yesterday.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun May 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Tho I think there are no limits to any cynical actions that Kiev could carry out, I am rather skeptical about something like this, but Syria shows such things are possible. The issue is that while the truth will eventually be revealed, as it was in Syria, what will be happening between this fake "atrocity" happening and the synthetic rage from the West, and the revealing of the truth, war?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun May 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Khepesh wrote:Tho I think there are no limits to any cynical actions that Kiev could carry out, I am rather skeptical about something like this, but Syria shows such things are possible. The issue is that while the truth will eventually be revealed, as it was in Syria, what will be happening between this fake "atrocity" happening and the synthetic rage from the West, and the revealing of the truth, war?

Between Russia and Ukraine maybe. Not US though. They wont, as we have seen already and multiple times, wont stick their neck out for these people. Remember Georgia?
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun May 22, 2016 2:36 pm

I was thinking in terms of war only in Ukraine, as using any fake provocations as an excuse to launch offensive. I don't think there will be any WWIII potential caused by Ukraine situation as it is now, only if a situation develops in the future were America sees opportunity to base armored formations at Kharkov, Sumy etc, but tho I have written about this before, I doubt it will ever be a reality.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Sun May 22, 2016 2:39 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Tho I think there are no limits to any cynical actions that Kiev could carry out, I am rather skeptical about something like this, but Syria shows such things are possible. The issue is that while the truth will eventually be revealed, as it was in Syria, what will be happening between this fake "atrocity" happening and the synthetic rage from the West, and the revealing of the truth, war?

Between Russia and Ukraine maybe.  Not US though.  They wont, as we have seen already and multiple times, wont stick their neck out for these people.  Remember Georgia?

America silently behind the scene loads the bullets then then walks away while others fire the bullets then America steps in and tries to play the good guys with the media doing their bidding
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun May 22, 2016 3:18 pm

We all know they are dumb enougt to do it.

We also know even better that it won't accomplish jack sh*t.

So nothing new there...
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Propaganda is like a Ponzi scheme. You need fresh input to keep the racket going. The useful life of false flags such as MH17 is
    short and the truth comes out eventually. So new false flags are needed to keep the sheep distracted and agitated. This warning
    is very plausible. The average media consumer sheep does not have the attention span to notice details such as the fact that
    the so called Russian invasion (every Friday) never used air power. They will just remember that Putler invaded and any claim
    will fall nicely into that retarded perception model.

There are upcoming elections in Russia for the Duma. I think that the 2011 style street theater will not be successfully organized
    this time around. NATzO needs some sort of incident to de-legitimize the electoral process in Russia. Having its sock puppets in
    Kiev launch another attack on the Donbas together with a series of false flags would be rather useful. Russia's "crimes" will be
    used to feed the 5th column talking points and give them new pretexts to stage street theater other than the tired and useless
    "corruption" BS. We'll have the liberast, kreakl fringe pose as fighters for peace and justice instead.

BTW, I don't think that the lawsuit against Putin and Russia over MH17 which has been just launched is an accident. There
    has been no new evidence in two years yet for some reason they are launching the lawsuit now. The trial will be in full swing
    later this year for maximal propaganda benefit during the Russian election. Some extra false flag contributions will certainly
    have their appeal for the NATzO lunatics.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun May 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Presidential elections are in 2018. As well, what makes you think it will change Russians minds? They are more aware of the BS than we are, and they don't give a shit what the westerns think, that is evident enough. And it is pretty much a yearly thing for opposition to stage protests. But Russians won't fall for it and there are always counter protesters against these protesters. As well, NG will be on full Duty.

KVS, you talk as if these methods of NATO actually do anything or achieve anything in Russia. Only reason why they worked in Ukraine and S.American countries is because of both pure incompetence of the leadership and the fact that Oligarchs who were pro US ruled the country. Russia's pro US oligarchs are mostly dead, in jail or exiled. The new oligarchs are on the Russian gov side.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun May 22, 2016 6:29 pm

BS or do the local guys have confirmation in regards to the desertions;

http://c-in.ru/smi/148932-dvadcat-dvaukrainskih-voennih-dezertirovali-soruzhiem-nadonbasse--narodnaya-miliciya-lnr.html
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 22, 2016 8:24 pm

sepheronx wrote:Presidential elections are in 2018. As well, what makes you think it will change Russians minds? They are more aware of the BS than we are, and they don't give a shit what the westerns think, that is evident enough. And it is pretty much a yearly thing for opposition to stage protests. But Russians won't fall for it and there are always counter protesters against these protesters. As well, NG will be on full Duty.

KVS, you talk as if these methods of NATO actually do anything or achieve anything in Russia. Only reason why they worked in Ukraine and S.American countries is because of both pure incompetence of the leadership and the fact that Oligarchs who were pro US ruled the country. Russia's pro US oligarchs are mostly dead, in jail or exiled. The new oligarchs are on the Russian gov side.

Duma elections. NOT presidential. The 2011 farce was associated with Duma elections also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_legislative_election,_2016

I am not saying anything about their chance for success. That is 100% your contribution to my post. I am getting tired
    of explaining myself because people at too lazy to read what I actually post. The 2016 Duma elections will draw NATzO
    propaganda in one form or another. Ukraine was not an issue in 2010/11. It is now. In fact, "poor invaded Ukraine" is the
    current liberast theme in Russia. So why would Ukraine associated false flags be totally unlikely?

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 22, 2016 8:30 pm

franco wrote:BS or do the local guys have confirmation in regards to the desertions;

http://c-in.ru/smi/148932-dvadcat-dvaukrainskih-voennih-dezertirovali-soruzhiem-nadonbasse--narodnaya-miliciya-lnr.html

Why are 22 deserters so unlikely? Why would the popularity of the Kiev regime be increasing with time?
    As Bill Clinton said, "it's the economy, stupid". Morale in the non-irregular component of Banderastan's
    forces was always low and there are no indications it is getting better. By now it is clear to any Ukr with
    a functional brain that Putler is not invading. So any morale associated with preservation of Ukraine is
    just not there. That leaves pretty much nothing to support the morale for the war of suppression in the
    Donbas.

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2016 9:04 pm

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 32 13239956_1211836695517808_3021029090840274652_n

Somewhere south of Doneck
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Mon May 23, 2016 2:51 am

Ukrainian Army losses in ATO (“anti-terrorist operation”) according to the IISS’s Military Balance.......

http://thesaker.is/ukrainian-army-losses-in-ato-anti-terrorist-operation-according-to-the-iisss-military-balance/

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon May 23, 2016 11:06 am

zg18 wrote:Ukrainian Army losses in ATO (“anti-terrorist operation”) according to the IISS’s Military Balance.......

http://thesaker.is/ukrainian-army-losses-in-ato-anti-terrorist-operation-according-to-the-iisss-military-balance/

Well spotted. This is the quite perceptive last paras, the first is what the author wrote a couple of years ago on Cassad.

One can argue anything in the Internet, but diplomats would play ping-pong for weeks and months. There is certain job to be done, and there is its informational and diplomatic cover. Just like in Crimea. This game continues, and is accepted by all sides. One would think that the masters of the junta have many “proofs” of the work of “Voentorg” (literally “Military Store”; the name stands for the for Russia sending supplies to the rebels – translator’s note), but with amazing constancy they repeat the same line “But the rebels certainly could not have that” and receive the standard answers like “Whoever understands whatever, and whatever do the rebels have, you have no proof”. As this arrangement is cyclical, it can last indefinitely, even until Kiev or Lvov is taken: Lavrov will step up to the microphone and state that Russia does not participate in anything. And officially this will be so. Whereas anything that any blogger or commenter wrote in his blog would remain personal opinions of individuals. I dare you to say that this scheme does not work.

As we see, the scheme, where officially nothing exists, can work not just for weeks and months but for years, and these rules of the game are accepted by all participants, with some stipulations.

Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Mon May 23, 2016 11:10 am

The situation regarding elections in DNR became a little more complicated, and drawn out. After a meeting with Surkov, Zakharchenko has said that primaries will be held in Donetsk city in September and October in order to choose candidates for the main elections. If succesfull, primaries will then be held across all DNR and that the main elections may be held before the end of this year or early next year. I presume that the otherwise unnecessary addition of primaries is to test the reaction of Kiev, and when Zakharchenko says about if they are successfull does he actually mean they take place without an assault by Kiev? Also, the slowing down of the election process will show that DNR is not being provocative, and is giving Kiev every opportunity to start to implement Mink, and that it is they who are the block to peaceful outcome. To me it is simply delaying the inevitable, but the issue is that Kiev may not be interested in any of these delays on elections made by DNR, and while holding elections will be seen as a potential casus beli by Kiev, they will act whenever they want, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, who knows. Whatever either side says is irrellevant as there is now the admission that Minsk is frozen, and that is not the same as a frozen conflict as it makes war more likely as neither side can agree on anything. http://dan-news.info/politics/glava-dnr-zaxarchenko-obyavil-o-provedenii-vo-vsex-rajonax-goroda-doneck-obshhestvennyx-prajmeriz.html
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon May 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Militarov wrote:The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 32 13239956_1211836695517808_3021029090840274652_n

Somewhere south of Doneck

For the second I thought it was FN-FAL

Hatchet is a nice touch, would fit in with colonial theme had that really been FN-FAL lol1
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Mon May 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Mean war: Report from the front line in Donbass

https://dninews.com/article/mean-war-report-front-line-donbass
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon May 23, 2016 3:43 pm

@Ispan

You posted a link the other day to a comparison of UAF and NAF but I couldn't access it. Can you give it again? Thanks...
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon May 23, 2016 3:45 pm

zg18 wrote:Ukrainian Army losses in ATO (“anti-terrorist operation”) according to the IISS’s Military Balance.......

Not sure how many caught the comment that Ukrainian has a problem repairing it's stored military equipment due to not being able to get replacement parts from Russia.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Mon May 23, 2016 7:00 pm

The man alleged to be responsible for killing 12 bus passengers and wounding 18 at Volnovakha on 13 January last year has been named as Captain Bogdan Garnagi, a company commander of UA 72 Ombr. DNR prosecutors have also named him with the brigade commander, Andrei Sokolov, for bombarding Dokuchaevsk on May 16 this year. http://rusnext.ru/news/1464002112
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon May 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Its time to pay the piper and the banksters in the West really know how to asset strip a bankrupt country like Ukraine. Ten cents on the dollar? More like one cent.

There is a possible sting in the tail for Russia and the EU if the oil/gas networks move to US ownership. with no revenues to Kiev to encourage them to keep it flowing. Another potential Washington pressure point on Brussels. See the headlines next winter 'Russia turns gas off' when it is a US ploy.

Even though the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has approved a new loan to Kiev, Ukrainians have little reason to rejoice as the next tranche is smaller than expected and the government has kept mum about the price the people will have to pay for it.

Radical Party leader Oleh Lyashko wanted to see the full text of what he called a “deadly” cooperation memorandum signed by Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman. “I’ve seen these documents and I know that they envisage raising the retirement age and greenlighting the sale of land and strategic facilities,” Lyashko wrote on Facebook. “This will send our economy down the drain, along with our pensioners because people will simply not be able to live to 70. We should forget about these IMF loans altogether,” Lyashko added.

So far, Ukraine has received only the first tranche of $5 billion and a second one worth $1.7 billion. Kiev now expects a third, $1.7 billion tranche to arrive in late June instead of two instalments worth $3.4 billion Ukraine originally hoped for. The IMF wants Kiev to slash spending and increase revenues, while making major changes to receive the promised $1.7 billion.

Pension reform is another major condition, and it looks like Kiev has agreed to raise the retirement age. “Life expectancy in Ukraine is among the lowest in Europe as one in four Ukrainians doesn’t live long enough to become a pensioner. And still, the IMF demands that we raise the retirement age and the authorities are ready to make it happen,” Viktor Medvedchuk, the leader of the opposition Ukrainian Choice movement, wrote on Facebook.

Privatization of state-owned enterprises is yet another condition for unlocking IMF funds for the money-starved Ukrainian government.

The Verkhovna Rada has two weeks to approve the privatization of almost 400 state-run enterprises, including several in the fuel and energy sector, which had earlier been listed as strategically important. “Selling state property for a song is the price Ukraine will have to pay for another handout by these loan sharks,” Medvedchuk wrote.

Ukraine will apparently have to also reform its gas market, even though it has already raised gas utility prices bringing them in line with the so-called “market levels.”

The IMF also believes that Ukraine is spending too much to keep its state-run energy company Naftogaz afloat and demands that it be broken up in line with EU’s energy packages.

The European Commission, for its part, demands a reform of Ukraine’s gas-transit system depriving Naftogaz of its transit duties. The government has already promised to do this before the year is out.

This means that the Ukrainian state is going to lose control of its gas transit sector, which will wind up in private hands with the loss of much-needed transit payments from Russia’s Gazprom.

Meantime, Ukraine’s state government debt keeps rising and now stands at $65.2 billion, an imposing figure several generations of Ukrainians will have to work hard to repay.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160523/1040073545/ukraine-imf-tranche.html#ixzz49VGwzIwg

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:17 pm