Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
JohninMK
ali.a.r
nihilusa
Zivo
zg18
Heartbeer
flamming_python
KiloGolf
Project Canada
Werewolf
Grazneyar
AlfaT8
Erk
VARGR198
Khepesh
HeNeArKrXeRn_
calm
eehnie
TheGeorgian
d_taddei2
cheesfactory
arpakola
NationalRus
Regular
Kadmos45
Rodinazombie
sepheronx
Vann7
OminousSpudd
Svyatoslavich
VladimirSahin
Ispan
George1
SturmGuard
Odin of Ossetia
GarryB
ultron
KoTeMoRe
Morpheus Eberhardt
Walther von Oldenburg
ExBeobachter1987
magnumcromagnon
Godric
kvs
franco
Neutrality
PapaDragon
medo
Karl Haushofer
TheArmenian
par far
Cowboy's daughter
56 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

sepheronx
    sepheronx

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:39 pm

I wish I could but it isn't mobile friendly.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

Post  Cowboy's daughter Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:57 pm

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:Does anybody have any idea how many Ukrainians disagree with the Kiev government, and what is going on in Ukraine today. Not happy. In Western Ukraine, not the Donbass. ??? especially the finances of everyday people decreasing so much, and the fact that it will probably take 25 years to get back to the economy of 2008. Not to mention all of the draconian stupid laws...

I suspect more than a few...altho I get the feeling it isn't healthy to disagree openly nor about everything.

Dynamics of Socio-Political Attitudes in Ukraine: March 2016

Funded by the republicans, .ua website and mentions about Crimea as occupied. I think we need another source.

Have you seen what the survey says?
    Even this source admits that Ukrainian people are now more pessimistic about the future of Ukraine than in Yanuk's era or how little Ukrainian executive and legislative are approved by the questioned people.

I'm an English speaking, reading, writing person only, altho I can understand some written Spanish (from working as a nurse in Immigration prison), so I can't read it.

but I did note it said: "The survey was financed by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)."

It seems to me that Ukraine is unraveling at a fast clip. I've read that Ukraine isn't getting rid of corruption fast enough to suit the EU and USA. I think Poroshenko will be replaced. By whom I have no idea.

Just my observation, as an outsider who knows little, it seems to me that there are persons in Kiev who are not happy with the corruption, but at the meantime may be working for someone who is corrupt, & that persons in Ukraine can not freely speak on Facebook. or do not, out of fear or discretion.

Futhermore, it appears to me that either the Obama Admin or the CIA has put out more than one "survey", such as this one by VoxUkraine,

Ivan Katchanovski
    21 hrs · Facebook

VoxUkraine ideology scale places Donald Trump as similarly authoritarian as Stalin and Hitler and to the far right of Hitler. They also place Hillary Clinton, Margaret Thatcher and Milton Friedman to the right of Hitler, whom they place close to the center on the left-right scale. This is a result of some politically active Western-educated Ukrainian economists venturing into political science. PS. VoxUkraine took the political scales and such invalid placements of Hitler, Stalin, etc. from the political compass website. The political compass website is created by anonymous persons or a person, who reportedly are/is not academic and not political scientists. Use of such unreliable Internet sources by VoxUkraine raises even more questions.

NOW the link that Ivan posted 21 hours ago, has disappeared. It was DATA.VOXUKRAINE.ORG / BY CODROPS
    Not Found

The requested URL /posts/compass/index.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

but Tymofiy Mylovanov is an assistant professor of economics at the University of Pittsburgh. or he was in 2014, so perhaps he founded Vox Ukraine at the request of the Obama Administration. and Vox Ukraine  took the political scales and such invalid placements of Hitler, Stalin, etc. from the political compass website. The political compass website is created by anonymous persons or a person, who reportedly are/is not academic and not political scientists. Use of such unreliable Internet sources by VoxUkraine raises even more questions. https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2

& Political Compass https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_compass

and Glenys Kinnock: https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Glenys_Kinnock,_Baroness...

& politics is like a spider web!!

THIS IS WHERE THE DATA POSTED APPARENTLY DISAPPEARED FROM

http://data.voxukraine.org/

When I look at voxukraine posts about data, it reminds me of a bunch of cia pencil pushers, collecting & "putting out" data, but what do I know?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:08 pm

https://southfront.org/donbass-news-agency-released-a-documentary/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    par far

Post  par far Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:35 pm

"Turkey Takes Steps to Destabilize Caucasus and Crimea".

https://southfront.org/turkey-takes-steps-to-destabilize-caucasus-and-crimea/

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:00 am

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

http://korrespondent.net/ukraine/3671937-opros-ukraynoiazychnye-bolee-sklonny-k-kommunyzmu

Google Translation wrote:VoxUkraine Organization states that interviewed more than forty thousand Ukrainians for their ideology.

At the end of 2015 VoxUkraine analytical platform launched a political compass test that allows to determine the ideological commitment of the respondents.

The website stated that more than 40 000 people have been the compass of four months, of which about 15,000 completed detailed questionnaires. Analysts VoxUkraine analyzed and got some surprising results. For example, Ukrainian-speaking respondents are more prone to left-authoritarian ideology (communism) than the Russian-speaking (16% vs. 12%).

So, in Kiev, left-liberal views are held by 48% of respondents (the majority of the respondents), less likely (3%) have a right-authoritarian views. In Kharkov, the left-liberal views professed 49% of the population, the right-authoritarian - only two percent.

Among the 51% of the inhabitants of Odessa citizens express left-liberal views, 4% - the right-authoritarian. In Donetsk, 56% of respondents have, in their words, the left-liberal views, one percent of them share the right-authoritarian outlook.

In Lviv, 43% of citizens admitted in the left-liberal views and 6% - in the right-authoritarian.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 20 Ukr10

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:43 pm

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 20 CglWZSaWMAARzgO

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 20 CglWY64W4AA5J6r

Russia's 51st humanitarian convoy delivers some 1200 tonnes of vital supplies to Novorossia
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:22 pm

Militarov wrote:The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 20 CglWZSaWMAARzgO

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 20 CglWY64W4AA5J6r

Russia's 51st terrorist convoy delivers some 1200 tonnes of evil supplies to Novorossia

Fixed clown ...

AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:29 pm

Derailed: Ukrainian Silk Road Train Returns Home Empty

Ukraine's experimental new transit route, which had been designed to bypass Russia via the so-called New Silk Road project, has proven a failure. Ukrainian Railways has announced that the train has returned home empty.

http://sputniknews.com/business/20160422/1038432755/ukraine-freight-train-empty.html

I don't get it, they wanted to go European, but they still want Eurasian Silk Road help. Suspect Rolling Eyes
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:37 pm

higurashihougi wrote:What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

http://korrespondent.net/ukraine/3671937-opros-ukraynoiazychnye-bolee-sklonny-k-kommunyzmu

Google Translation wrote:VoxUkraine Organization states that interviewed more than forty thousand Ukrainians for their ideology.

At the end of 2015 VoxUkraine analytical platform launched a political compass test that allows to determine the ideological commitment of the respondents.

The website stated that more than 40 000 people have been the compass of four months, of which about 15,000 completed detailed questionnaires. Analysts VoxUkraine analyzed and got some surprising results. For example, Ukrainian-speaking respondents are more prone to left-authoritarian ideology (communism) than the Russian-speaking (16% vs. 12%).

So, in Kiev, left-liberal views are held by 48% of respondents (the majority of the respondents), less likely (3%) have a right-authoritarian views. In Kharkov, the left-liberal views professed 49% of the population, the right-authoritarian - only two percent.

Among the 51% of the inhabitants of Odessa citizens express left-liberal views, 4% - the right-authoritarian. In Donetsk, 56% of respondents have, in their words, the left-liberal views, one percent of them share the right-authoritarian outlook.

In Lviv, 43% of citizens admitted in the left-liberal views and 6% - in the right-authoritarian.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 20 Ukr10

This is pure comedy gold. Would be interesting to identify what exactly are "left-liberal", "right-wing liberal" and "right-wing authoritarian" ideologies in the case of Ukraine and this survey.

My guess is that "left-wing liberals" from Lvov are an entirely different animal from "left liberals" in the West and the USA. Especially when looking at their street and square names, and voting preferences. How does this survey deal with the current 3 top UkrOp parties? Which one of them is "left liberal"?

Personally, I am divided between Khepesh's opinion, and an ever stronger impression that all of them got what they deserved. A 28% public approval president was "rightfully" ousted with a coup, while they keep silent and obedient under the rule of 1-2% support PM and 17% approval president.

Last edited by SturmGuard on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:41 pm

No chance of NATO expansion for years, U.S. ambassador says

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKCN0XJ1GM

NATO gave Georgia an open-ended promise of membership at a summit in April 2008 and other Balkan states such as Macedonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina are keen on membership while Ukraine, which has battled Russian-backed separatists in its east since 2014, has also set its sights on joining.

Lute said the policy line for additional members remained open but all NATO's 28 allies had to agree on inviting new members and there was little likelihood of that.

"There's no way we're going to get consensus any time in the near future on adding ... Georgia or Ukraine," he said.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:46 pm

Alcomaidan assaulted the Kiev mayor's office

A new word from Ukraine: alcomaidan, n. — the riot of the small alcohol shops and stands owners in Kiev after banning their businesses by mayor Vitali Klitschko.

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c6f_1461328210#ediZiX42IYDYG0CA.99

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:59 pm

How many soldiers does Ukraine have now?

AP Exclusive: Ukraine children eat food tainted by Chernobyl

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6571b70ca68441caadc7d069bc27e7ad/ap-exclusive-ukraine-children-eat-food-tainted-chernobyl
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:18 pm

Reuters wrote:There is no chance of NATO expansion in the near future because of fears it could destabilize Russia, the U.S. ambassador to the military alliance said on Friday, a prospect which could disappoint Georgia and a number of Balkan states.

Douglas Lute said NATO was at an "an inflection point", facing an upheaval matched only by circumstances at the end of the Cold War, and the alliance did not want to exacerbate internal weaknesses in Russia.

Translation into human language: woof ! woof ! bow wow ! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    ultron

Post  ultron Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:19 pm

More than 2870 Ukrainian soldiers died so far. These people would have been alive had Putin sent polite to put down the coup.

http://memorybook.org.ua/

Now it's going to be a brutal decades long grinder.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:15 pm

SturmGuard wrote:

This is pure comedy gold. Would be interesting to identify what exactly are "left-liberal", "right-wing liberal" and "right-wing authoritarian" ideologies in the case of Ukraine and this survey.

My guess is that "left-wing liberals" from Lvov are an entirely different animal from "left liberals" in the West and the USA. Especially when looking at their street and square names, and voting preferences. How does this survey deal with the current 3 top UkrOp parties? Which one of them is "left liberal"?

Personally, I am divided between Khepesh's opinion, and an ever stronger impression that all of them got what they deserved. A 28% public approval president was "rightfully" ousted with a coup, while they keep silent and obedient under the rule of 1-2% support PM and 17% approval president.
    This video still makes more sense about Ukraine than most of what is written by armies of commentators....
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:No chance of NATO expansion for years, U.S. ambassador says

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKCN0XJ1GM

NATO gave Georgia an open-ended promise of membership at a summit in April 2008 and other Balkan states such as Macedonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina are keen on membership while Ukraine, which has battled Russian-backed separatists in its east since 2014, has also set its sights on joining.

Lute said the policy line for additional members remained open but all NATO's 28 allies had to agree on inviting new members and there was little likelihood of that.

"There's no way we're going to get consensus any time in the near future on adding ... Georgia or Ukraine," he said.

Funny, as Hig has pointed out their excuses. Russia is a stable country with southern Caucuses states being a problem. Outside of that, Ukraine being in NATO wouldn't cause any form of destabilization for the country. On the contrary, it would further degrade Ukraine and cause more infighting of even greater proportions if they were accepted into NATO. They are trying to make Russia the excuse when they know it is Ukraine that is the real problem.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Allegedly video of Ukrainian ATGM hitting DNR forces mortar position
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:35 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    This video still makes more sense about Ukraine than most of what is written by armies of commentators....

This is really funny and at the same time very depressing due to being very true. My only hope is that people who have risen and decided to make a stand have not died in vain, and that there might be a positive future for them.

Going through recent combat and casualties reports suggets otherwise, that future is still far away.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:How many soldiers does Ukraine have now?

AP Exclusive: Ukraine children eat food tainted by Chernobyl

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6571b70ca68441caadc7d069bc27e7ad/ap-exclusive-ukraine-children-eat-food-tainted-chernobyl

Given Kiev's track record they will probably say that it is patriotic radiation that will repel Russian invaders... lol1

AlfaT8 wrote:
    Derailed: Ukrainian Silk Road Train Returns Home Empty

Ukraine's experimental new transit route, which had been designed to bypass Russia via the so-called New Silk Road project, has proven a failure. Ukrainian Railways has announced that the train has returned home empty.

http://sputniknews.com/business/20160422/1038432755/ukraine-freight-train-empty.html

I don't get it, they wanted to go European, but they still want Eurasian Silk Road help. Suspect Rolling Eyes

How the hell does train bypass Russia from there??? It's not exactly Lichtenstein or San Marino.  Suspect

EDIT: I just correctly spelled "Lichtenstein" on my first try! lol1 Cool Laughing
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:28 pm

SturmGuard wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:

This is really funny and at the same time very depressing due to being very true. My only hope is that people who have risen and decided to make a stand have not died in vain, and that there might be a positive future for them.

Going through recent combat and casualties reports suggets otherwise, that future is still far away.

Wasn't this posted @ the "other place"?

Edit: Oh god that and Nash Myash, good old times when no one serious was actually dead (but some svidomites).
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Militarov wrote:

Not allegedly, legit. Also first ATGM gyro was fucked up. Probably old ATGM.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:09 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Not allegedly, legit.  Also first ATGM gyro was fucked up. Probably old ATGM.
    What on earth did it hit at 1.33, a petrol tank? It was an instantaneous massive single explosion.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:11 am

JohninMK wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

What on earth did it hit at 1.33, a petrol tank? It was an instantaneous massive single explosion.

It hit the crates of ammo that were stacked and that were...full. Mind-bending stuff.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:16 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

It hit the crates of ammo that were stacked and that were...full. Mind-bending stuff.
    Saw a couple of figures run away after first hit. Hope there was no-one left inside.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:40 am

JohninMK wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Saw a couple of figures run away after first hit. Hope there was no-one left inside.

Caption says 5 200 on "ork" side (which the Ukropitheques use to talk about DNR/LNR personel)...5dead.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:47 pm