Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Share
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 976
    Points : 978
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:03 am

    hoom wrote:And has arrived at St Petersburg


    Bastion Karpenko reckons Poliment-Redut is sorted & is likely to go into service soon http://foto-i-mir.ru/22350-gorshkov-161124/ (also more pics there)
    Google translate wrote:According to experts, the particular difficulties to ship test called new anti-aircraft missile system "Poliment-Redoute," but now these problems have been solved, and there is a great likelihood that the lead ship "Admiral Gorshkov" in a series of frigates of Project 22350 will soon join the Russian Navy.
    The decision on transmission Navy frigate "Admiral Gorshkov" project 22350 will be made after the audit of all its systems, naval sources say.
    I'll believe it when I see it  Suspect

    agreed, show me the system works then I'll believe it.

    Ned86

    Posts : 46
    Points : 46
    Join date : 2016-04-04

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  Ned86 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:23 am

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    agreed, show me the system works then I'll believe it.
    Well you can expect russian navy will now post all evidence about this system working, just to make you believe Smile

    you have plenty of videos on youtube, showing Redut system in operation(mostly on Project 20380 ships).
    Last one we have seen is this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jug4ddRm4M

    anyway it is the same system installed on Project 22350.
    All news about problems with redut were speculations, and officially they have some problems with system in condition with Electronic countermeasure systems on....where redut system apparently didn't act as they wanted....
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6834
    Points : 6934
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:26 am

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:...........

    agreed, show me the system works then I'll believe it.

    Check your inbox, they already emailed you all the data and blueprints. Razz
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 976
    Points : 978
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:28 am

    Ned86 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    agreed, show me the system works then I'll believe it.
    Well you can expect russian navy will now post all evidence about this system working, just to make you believe Smile

    you have plenty of videos on youtube, showing Redut system in operation(mostly on Project 20380 ships).
    Last one we have seen is this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jug4ddRm4M

    anyway it is the same system installed on Project 22350.
    All news about problems with redut were speculations, and officially they have some problems with system in condition with Electronic countermeasure systems on....where redut system apparently didn't act as they wanted....

    Far has I know they got the short range missile to work but not the long range one.

    "Well you can expect russian navy will now post all evidence about this system working, just to make you believe Smile"

    Did I mock you in a sarcastic manner, No?. Manners get them.

    To date the system wasn't fully operational there is nothing wrong with wanting to see it's full operation before you believe it. Because you know the Russian Navy has never lied before right?.

    Excuse me for wanting to see evidence of the claim.
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 976
    Points : 978
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:30 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:...........

    agreed, show me the system works then I'll believe it.

    Check your inbox, they already emailed you all the data and blueprints. Razz

    You express reasonable doubt given past circumstances and this is the reaction you get? Tisk.



    avatar
    VladimirSahin

    Posts : 408
    Points : 424
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 27
    Location : Florida

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  VladimirSahin on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:37 am

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:...........

    agreed, show me the system works then I'll believe it.

    Check your inbox, they already emailed you all the data and blueprints. Razz

    You express reasonable doubt given past circumstances and this is the reaction you get? Tisk.




    It's friendly sarcasm man Smile I understand your concern however I don't think there is any reason to doubt this ship being ready for its service.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6834
    Points : 6934
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:45 am

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:...........

    agreed, show me the system works then I'll believe it.

    Check your inbox, they already emailed you all the data and blueprints. Razz

    You express reasonable doubt given past circumstances and this is the reaction you get? Tisk.

    Humor. Try it, it's awesome.

    Also, nobody will be showing us anything. If it works it gets sent into service, if not then back to testing.
    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 883
    Points : 955
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  zg18 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:01 pm

    "Admiral Kasatonov"


    hoom

    Posts : 873
    Points : 867
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  hoom on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:26 am

    It's actually starting to look close to completion Shocked

    Dennis_3003

    Posts : 3
    Points : 3
    Join date : 2016-12-05

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  Dennis_3003 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:01 am

    Hopefully the lead Gorshkov will be commissioned this month.
    avatar
    Benya

    Posts : 527
    Points : 529
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  Benya on Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:13 pm

    Pictures: Russian Navy 2nd Project 22350 Gorshkov-class Frigate Being Fitted Out in St Petersburg

    Pictures published by spotters in Russia show the second Project 22350 (NATO reporting name: Admiral Gorshkov-class) frigate "Admiral Kasatonov" nearing completion at Severnaya Verf (Northern Shipyard) in Saint Petersburg.


    Admiral Kasatonov, the second Project 22350 Frigate of the Russia Navy at fitting out stage in St Petersburg. Picture: Alexey Akentev

    The pictures are showing that the Furke-4 volume search radar is in place at the top of the main mast. The A-192M 130mm main naval gun system is still to be fitted however.

    The frigate was laid down at Severnaya Verf on 26 November 2009 and launched on December 12, 2014. Start of sea trials was scheduled for 2016 but has been pushed back to 2017.

    The lead ship of the Project 22350 series was laid down in early 2006 and set afloat in the fall of 2010. The frigate started its trials in November 2014. Delivery date to the Russian Navy is still uncertain. Launch of the third ship of the class, the Admiral Golovko, is scheduled for 2017.


    Admiral Kasatonov, the second Project 22350 Frigate of the Russia Navy at fitting out stage in St Petersburg. Picture: Alexey Akentev

    The Project 22350 frigate is designed to fight surface warships and submarines in the ocean and coastal areas and repel air attacks both independently and within a formation. The Project 22350 frigate is flush-decked and has three-island superstructures, a tower mast and a steel tube. The ship has a lower radar signature.

    The Project 22350 frigate has a displacement of 4,550 tons and a length of 135 meters. The capacity of its diesel-gas-turbine power plant is 65,000 hp. The ship is armed with the new A-192 130mm artillery gun and anti-ship, antisubmarine and air defense missile systems, including the Kalibr and Redut-Poliment systems.
    The ship is capable of carrying a Kamov Ka-27 (Helix) helicopter or its versions.

    Source: Arrow http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2016/december-2016-navy-naval-forces-defense-industry-technology-maritime-security-global-news/4724-pictures-russian-navy-2nd-project-22350-gorshkov-class-frigate-being-fitted-out-in-st-petersburg.html



    If NPO Saturn has started to produce the engines for the ships of the class, then the delays won't affect the "Admiral Golovko" and "Admiral Isakov" (3rd and 4th ships of the class) that much, so they could be delivered in time. I don't want to speculate, but I think that if "Admiral Gorshkov" (lead ship of the class), will be commissioned in early 2017 (or maybe this month), and Kasatonov will start its trials at the same time, it is likely to be commissioned in late 2017 or early 2018, then Golovko would finish its trials in mid to late 2018, and would be commissioned shortly after that.

    I have heard some rumors that Golovko and Isakov would be commissioned to the Pacific Fleet, which is IMO highly unlikely, since they should be constructed at an other shipyard in the Far East, and AFAIK all current ships of the class will be constructed at Severnaya Verf, and will be issued to the Northern Fleet.

    In the future (around 2025-2030) other fleets will receive such frigates too (except the Black Sea Fleet, which will have 6 Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates,— currently, they have 2 — and the Caspian Flottila, which has 2 Gepard-class frigates)
    avatar
    Benya

    Posts : 527
    Points : 529
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  Benya on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:05 pm

    Russian Navy to receive 1st Project 22350 Frigate Admiral Gorshkov in first half of 2017

    The Project 22350 lead frigate Admiral Gorshkov will be delivered to Russia’s Navy in the first half of 2017, Navy Chief-of-Staff Vice-Admiral Andrei Volozhinsky said.


    Project 22350 lead frigate Admiral Gorshkov in St. Petersburg in October 2016

    "Shipyards always face difficulties when they develop vessels, especially lead ships. However, this task will be accomplished within the next several months. I am glad that there are no time limits. Thorough work is under way so that the Navy receives a perfect finished ship," Volozhinsky said.

    It was reported in November that the frigate Admiral Gorshkov had completed its state trials but the decision on its joining the Navy would be taken only after all its systems were checked.

    The Project 22350 lead frigate Admiral Gorshkov was laid down in early 2006 and put afloat in the autumn of 2010. The ship started undergoing trials in November 2014. The second Project 22350 frigate Admiral Kasatonov was floated out in 2014. The third frigate Admiral Golovko is expected to be put afloat in 2017.

    The Project 22350 frigate has a displacement of 4,500 tons and a speed of 29 knots. The frigate is armed with Oniks (NATO reporting name: SS-N-26 Strobile) and Kalibr (SS-N-27 Sizzler) missiles and the Poliment-Redut air defense missile system.

    Source: Arrow http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2016/december-2016-navy-naval-forces-defense-industry-technology-maritime-security-global-news/4745-russian-navy-to-receive-1st-project-22350-frigate-admiral-gorshkov-in-first-half-of-2017.html
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1808
    Points : 1959
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  TheArmenian on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:22 am

    Second unit of this class (Adm. Kasatonov) will start sea trials this summer.
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 976
    Points : 978
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:45 am

    Benya wrote:Russian Navy to receive 1st Project 22350 Frigate Admiral Gorshkov in first half of 2017

    The Project 22350 lead frigate Admiral Gorshkov will be delivered to Russia’s Navy in the first half of 2017, Navy Chief-of-Staff Vice-Admiral Andrei Volozhinsky said.


    Project 22350 lead frigate Admiral Gorshkov in St. Petersburg in October 2016

    "Shipyards always face difficulties when they develop vessels, especially lead ships. However, this task will be accomplished within the next several months. I am glad that there are no time limits. Thorough work is under way so that the Navy receives a perfect finished ship," Volozhinsky said.

    It was reported in November that the frigate Admiral Gorshkov had completed its state trials but the decision on its joining the Navy would be taken only after all its systems were checked.

    The Project 22350 lead frigate Admiral Gorshkov was laid down in early 2006 and put afloat in the autumn of 2010. The ship started undergoing trials in November 2014. The second Project 22350 frigate Admiral Kasatonov was floated out in 2014. The third frigate Admiral Golovko is expected to be put afloat in 2017.

    The Project 22350 frigate has a displacement of 4,500 tons and a speed of 29 knots. The frigate is armed with Oniks (NATO reporting name: SS-N-26 Strobile) and Kalibr (SS-N-27 Sizzler) missiles and the Poliment-Redut air defense missile system.

    Source: Arrow http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2016/december-2016-navy-naval-forces-defense-industry-technology-maritime-security-global-news/4745-russian-navy-to-receive-1st-project-22350-frigate-admiral-gorshkov-in-first-half-of-2017.html

    Really? ANOTHER delay going on eleven years now.

    marat

    Posts : 194
    Points : 196
    Join date : 2015-04-26

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  marat on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:31 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

    Really? ANOTHER delay going on eleven years now.
    oh comon....you are overreacting now 10 or 15 years more or less no big deal....

    Smile
    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1438
    Points : 1601
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:58 pm

    A lazy conman wrote: I am glad that there are no time limits
    State rearmament program 2020??? HELLO????? Ever heard of it??? Mad Mad Mad angry angry angry angry angry
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17754
    Points : 18316
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  GarryB on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:29 am

    Yeah, of course it is vastly more important to get ships into service on time because those times were set by god and must be adhered to within the strict bounds of religion and mother nature.

    Then again putting a vessel into service just to meet a deadline that has no other meaning than being an arbitrarily date based on guesses of how long everything takes that did not take into account unforseen problems with the engines and the 130mm guns and the self defence missile systems, is very naive.

    Here is your ship... it is on time even though it does not work but boy I guess you are really happy you got it on time... right?
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 976
    Points : 978
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:21 am

    GarryB wrote:Yeah, of course it is vastly more important to get ships into service on time because those times were set by god and must be adhered to within the strict bounds of religion and mother nature.

    Then again putting a vessel into service just to meet a deadline that has no other meaning than being an arbitrarily date based on guesses of how long everything takes that did not take into account unforseen problems with the engines and the 130mm guns and the self defence missile systems, is very naive.

    Here is your ship... it is on time even though it does not work but boy I guess you are really happy you got it on time... right?

    Look man you can defend this colossal failure all you wish.

    11 YEARS for a ship of that size regardless of it being built with new tech is a disgrace.

    If this was a carrier that would be MUCH MUCH more understandable.

    All your are saying here means the shipbuilding industry cannot get their heads out of their ass. THe mere fact the systems or whatever isn't done yet is NO excuse after 11 years.

    There is NO defending this failure. Also this ship HAS it's engine so don't even use that here.
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1185
    Points : 1191
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  Big_Gazza on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:25 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Look man you can defend this colossal failure all you wish.

    11 YEARS for a ship of that size regardless of it being built with new tech is a disgrace.

    If this was a carrier that would be MUCH MUCH more understandable.

    All your are saying here means the shipbuilding industry cannot get their heads out of their ass. THe mere fact the systems or whatever isn't done yet is NO excuse after 11 years.

    There is NO defending this failure. Also this ship HAS it's engine so don't even use that here.

    Agreed.  The Zumwalt Class is an unmitigated disaster. Or maybe you mean the LCT?....

    By contrast, the Gorshkov may be well behind schedule, but she is a useful design and will be a huge leap forward for the RuN once all the bugs are resolved and the engine supply issues are resolved.  Until then, test her until she breaks and make 100% sure that all of her systems, sensors and weapons function as intended and that she is fully fit for purpose.
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 976
    Points : 978
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:41 pm

    Big_Gazza wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Look man you can defend this colossal failure all you wish.

    11 YEARS for a ship of that size regardless of it being built with new tech is a disgrace.

    If this was a carrier that would be MUCH MUCH more understandable.

    All your are saying here means the shipbuilding industry cannot get their heads out of their ass. THe mere fact the systems or whatever isn't done yet is NO excuse after 11 years.

    There is NO defending this failure. Also this ship HAS it's engine so don't even use that here.

    Agreed.  The Zumwalt Class is an unmitigated disaster. Or maybe you mean the LCT?....

    By contrast, the Gorshkov may be well behind schedule, but she is a useful design and will be a huge leap forward for the RuN once all the bugs are resolved and the engine supply issues are resolved.  Until then, test her until she breaks and make 100% sure that all of her systems, sensors and weapons function as intended and that she is fully fit for purpose.

    We aren't talking about another ships here.

    I have no doubt it will be a good ship, just saying this timeframe is beyond absurd.

    It shouldn't take them 11 years to sort out all these bugs, hell they still haven't gotten the Redut to work fully.

    Russia has a major problem with it's ship building industry in getting things done on time.

    To pretend otherwise does nothing.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6834
    Points : 6934
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:11 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:...............

    We aren't talking about another ships here.

    I have no doubt it will be a good ship, just saying this timeframe is beyond absurd.

    It shouldn't take them 11 years to sort out all these bugs, hell they still haven't gotten the Redut to work fully.

    Russia has a major problem with it's ship building industry in getting things done on time.

    To pretend otherwise does nothing.

    I am quoting you Seig but this is directed at everyone and I have to start somehow:

    This is not fast and Russia does have problems with naval construction. This is no mystery.

    However this most recent news you seem to be arguing over is at least month old. At first I assumed it was some big news that got all of you guys to lose your mind but it was just false alarm. This delay is nothing new.


    And as for delays in general I will repost something I wrote elsewhere:

    I personally have one very simple rule about Russian Naval construction: ignore vessels whose construction started before 2010. I just don't take their delivery speed into any assessment.

    Reason: before 2008 Georgia incident nobody in Russia gave 2 sh*ts about military and navy in particular. So let's say it took them couple of years to get off their asses and you get year 2010.

    I will gladly criticize any ship whose construction started after that point but as for stuff before that, when they come, they come.

    Call it force majeure and save yourself (and others) some hassle.
    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1438
    Points : 1601
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:23 pm

    Shouldn't we blame almaz antey for not fixing the redut
    on time?
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 1834
    Points : 1828
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  Isos on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:39 pm

    If I'm right, the naval versions of land based air systems are done by a different design bureau. Maybe that's the problem. Like I said before It's the implimentation of system that has issues not the building part. The second ship of the class is ready when it comes to its construction. It's not really shipbuilders that are bad, it's the engineers of these systems.

    Gorshkov is a small frigate compare to what's done abroad. It should be build very fast. Kilos and Grigorovitch frigates are done normally. I don't know but they probably will do the next ones faster once they resolve all the issues. They really need Gorshkov frigates, they will be the backbone of the Russian Navy, at least they should build those which will replace sovremenys.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6834
    Points : 6934
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:53 pm

    Isos wrote:...........
    Gorshkov is a small frigate compare to what's done abroad. It should be build very fast. Kilos and Grigorovitch frigates are done normally. I don't know but they probably will do the next ones faster once they resolve all the issues. They really need Gorshkov frigates, they will be the backbone of the Russian Navy, at least they should build those which will replace sovremenys.

    Kilo class is proof that they can get things done when they have their sh*t together.

    As for Gorshkovs they need to build them in several shipyards. Like Karakurts.

    If it is that important platform then give it priority.
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1808
    Points : 1959
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  TheArmenian on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:16 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Isos wrote:...........
    Gorshkov is a small frigate compare to what's done abroad. It should be build very fast. Kilos and Grigorovitch frigates are done normally. I don't know but they probably will do the next ones faster once they resolve all the issues. They really need Gorshkov frigates, they will be the backbone of the Russian Navy, at least they should build those which will replace sovremenys.

    Kilo class is proof that they can get things done when they have their sh*t together.

    As for Gorshkovs they need to build them in several shipyards. Like Karakurts.

    If it is that important platform then give it priority.

    Well said Papa,
    The bolded part is the key factor.

    Some members here think that the new frigates (Gorshkovs) are the most important thing for the Navy.
    They are not.
    The Navy's priorities are different from the priorities of some forum armchair generals. In addition, priorities change from time to time depending on geopolitics, finances, military objectives etc.

    A few years ago, the Black sea fleet had only one old submarine (Alrosa) which was most of the time in repairs and overhauls. Priority was for the 6 new Kilos which were built quickly. Same applies for the Grigorovich frigates which were being built in decent timeframes until the Ukrainian sourced engine problem occurred. Same can be said about the Buyan missile ships.
    Currently the priorities seem to be the Karakurts and more recently the minesweepers.

    Sorry, the Gorshkov and Steregushy classes are not that high on the priority list. The Ivan Gren is also not an eagerly waited ship as long as there are enough Ropuchas and Alligators for the Syrian express.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Project 22350: Admiral Sergei Gorshkov

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:38 pm