Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+54
KoTeMoRe
Kadmos45
BKP
flamming_python
Ispan
Akula971
higurashihougi
PapaDragon
auslander
Vann7
kvs
Godric
Cowboy's daughter
Firebird
Zivo
par far
ultron
Svyatoslavich
sepheronx
TheArmenian
wilhelm
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
NationalRus
medo
x_54_u43
Dforce
victor1985
whir
OminousSpudd
Morpheus Eberhardt
Osobist
gregoire
Karl Haushofer
Monarchist
VladimirSahin
GarryB
Project Canada
Lenny1983
Cyberspec
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Werewolf
KomissarBojanchev
Neutrality
franco
SturmGuard
Solncepek
Big_Gazza
marat
Khepesh
Rodinazombie
Erk
Viktor
58 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 36 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

Post  OminousSpudd Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:31 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Checking in to see what's happening...missed you guys...haven't felt too bueno for about a week...ugh...

welcome

@auslander, glad to hear things a moving along fairly smoothly concerning the power situation.
    auslander
    auslander

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 36 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

Post  auslander Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:57 am

JohninMK wrote:Not sure how power can get through from Ukraine given this on Interfax

Crimea on December 2 disconnected the system that transfers information from Crimea to control engineers of national energy company Ukrenergo, advisor to the Ukrainian Prime Minister and former head of Ukrenergo Kostiantyn Uschapovsky has told Interfax-Ukraine. "Unfortunately, now we don't have any unbiased information on the state of the power grid on the peninsula – Crimea yesterday disconnected the whole information system that transferred data to control engineers of Ukrenergo," he said.

Uschapovsky said that according to unofficial information, around 100 MW of electricity is transmitted from Russia to Crimea using the power bridge. "However, this is unofficial information, we don’t have reliable data," he said.

He said that it is not enough to build one power bridge to accept large electricity flow from Russia and distribute it in Crimea – expensive infrastructure projects on the peninsula are be realized.

This system has nothing to do with power supply to Krim, it simply gave 404 detailed information as to where Krim sent the power once in Krim.

The only local information I have is Mr. Aksyonov, the head of Krimu government, said late last night or early this morning that the power emergency declaration might end today. I think a bit more than 100 MW is coming through the first feed and it's already on line. No official confirmation of either thought, though.

Thanks, OP. It's been some rough days for the vast majority of the citizens of this berg and the peninsula.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:32 pm

14:30 today, electric off. Nothing on news today beyond 'we gave the people a little more electric yesterday so flats and house could be warmed'. Methinks this is going to last for a while.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Anti-Maidan site from Odessa
    not in English

http://timer-odessa.net/news/sudi_po_delu_2_maya_napisali_zayavleniya_ob_otstavke_896.html

Ivan Katchanovski The Right Sector also forced the Appeals Court to suspend the decision of the district court granting bail. http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2015/12/1/7090824/

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:06 pm

auslander wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Not sure how power can get through from Ukraine given this on Interfax

Crimea on December 2 disconnected the system that transfers information from Crimea to control engineers of national energy company Ukrenergo, advisor to the Ukrainian Prime Minister and former head of Ukrenergo Kostiantyn Uschapovsky has told Interfax-Ukraine. "Unfortunately, now we don't have any unbiased information on the state of the power grid on the peninsula – Crimea yesterday disconnected the whole information system that transferred data to control engineers of Ukrenergo," he said.

Uschapovsky said that according to unofficial information, around 100 MW of electricity is transmitted from Russia to Crimea using the power bridge. "However, this is unofficial information, we don’t have reliable data," he said.

He said that it is not enough to build one power bridge to accept large electricity flow from Russia and distribute it in Crimea – expensive infrastructure projects on the peninsula are be realized.

This system has nothing to do with power supply to Krim, it simply gave 404 detailed information as to where Krim sent the power once in Krim.

The only local information I have is Mr. Aksyonov, the head of Krimu government, said late last night or early this morning that the power emergency declaration might end today. I think a bit more than 100 MW is coming through the first feed and it's already on line. No official confirmation of either thought, though.

Thanks, OP. It's been some rough days for the vast majority of the citizens of this berg and the peninsula.

I grew up without electricity the first 5 years of my life (coal oil lamps, fireplace, wood burning cookstove, an outhouse, non-electric ice box (put a block of ice in the top), and water from a well in the yard (with a hand pump).

Had electricity, but no running water from about 9 years old, until I was 14. We had a radio, that was it. I might have been 12 when we got a television.
    No fans, no a/c. Heated with a wood-burning cookstove and a fireplace. had an outhouse.

My kids could survive, but most people today I think, would be clueless...as to how to survive

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:10 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    auslander wrote:

I grew up without electricity the first 5 years of my life (coal oil lamps, fireplace, wood burning cookstove, an outhouse, non-electric ice box (put a block of ice in the top), and water from a well in the yard (with a hand pump).

Had electricity, but no running water from about 9 years old,  until I was 14. We had a radio, that was it. I might have been 12 when we got a television.
    No fans, no a/c. Heated with a wood-burning cookstove and a fireplace. had an outhouse.

My kids could survive, but most people today I think, would be clueless...as to how to survive

Lived like that basically myself till like 14-15 years old, thanks to the fact my home and properties were destroyed in war and we ended up displaced to Serbia. Except that we had electricity and fridge whole time, rest was basically the same. Heating water to bath, had "white and black" TV till i was like... 13-14, that was more not working than working Very Happy And this was just like abit over decade ago Smile
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Note that the 7th mobilisation, as well as getting new recruits, will go for those in the demobbed 1st, 2nd and 3rd mobilisations. More fleeing the country perhaps? Reassuring for Poro to tell them they could serve in places where they might not be killed!

KIEV, December 4 /TASS/. Ukraine has concentrated military groupings on the border with Crimea and Transdniestria, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said addressing the military on Friday. "We have focused powerful groupings in the direction of Crimea and unrecognized Transdniestria," he said. "We have increased the real rather than ‘paper’ strength of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. We have created groups of troopers who cover of all potentially dangerous directions, including from the sides of Crimea and unrecognized Transdniestria," the Ukrainian president said adding that it was the purpose why Ukraine had to carry out several mobilization campaigns and increase the numerical strength of its armed forces.

Poroshenko also said that Ukraine had increased its military budget, which is to reach 5% of the GDP (about 100 billion hryvnias) in 2016.

Earlier, Vladislav Seleznyov, a spokesperson for the Ukrainian Armed Forces General Staff, announced plans for the seventh round of mobilization in Ukraine due early in 2016. "In accordance with the rotation and mobilization plans, the servicemen drafted this year will be transferred to the reserve early next year when the next 7th round of mobilization is due to start," the Ukrainian president said. Ukraine has seen six rounds of partial mobilization. In mid-October 2015, President Petro Poroshenko promised that no new mobilization campaigns would take place in autumn except for military conscription. For the moment, the Ukrainian army is staffed with soldiers recruited in the fourth, fifth and sixth mobilization campaigns. Men who were drafted during the first, second and third rounds of mobilization would be recruited anew if the seventh mobilization campaign starts.

According to Ukraine’s defense minister, the strength of Ukrainian army has nearly doubled over the past year to 280,000 people. Seventy thousand Ukrainian troopers are deployed on the disengagement line in Donbas.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Thoughtful article on the future of Antonov and the An-124. Usual anti Russia aspect but fairly minimal. Interesting comments as well. But almost no account taken of the dire economic state of Ukraine.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/ukraines-antonov-will-westernize-this-huge-soviet-era-c-1746015355

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:27 pm

JohninMK wrote:Thoughtful article on the future of Antonov and the An-124. Usual anti Russia aspect but fairly minimal. Interesting comments as well. But almost no account taken of the dire economic state of Ukraine.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/ukraines-antonov-will-westernize-this-huge-soviet-era-c-1746015355

Sure, put Western engines, western weather radar, glass cockpit, fly by wire, life support.... basically Antonov builds the shell after that. You can do that with everything you are pleased, this is not something new, same stuff is being rumoned and reported at least 10 times in last decade. They just like to repost stuff coz it suits them now.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Thoughtful article on the future of Antonov and the An-124. Usual anti Russia aspect but fairly minimal. Interesting comments as well. But almost no account taken of the dire economic state of Ukraine.

Sure, put Western engines, western weather radar, glass cockpit, fly by wire, life support.... basically Antonov builds the shell after that. You can do that with everything you are pleased, this is not something new, same stuff is being rumoned and reported at least 10 times in last decade. They just like to repost stuff coz it suits them now.
    Not just that. Antonov is desperate for funds so this could be part of a PR campaign.
    whir

Post  whir Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:36 pm

A westernised Ukrainian Antonov translates in stealing workload from Airbus and Boeing's voters workers, seems legit.
    Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Rare Bengal Tiger cub Dies in Crimea Due to Power Blackout

http://sputniknews.com/art_living/20151204/1031260931/crimea-zoo-tiger-cub-ukrainian-nationalist-blew-up-power-lines.html

This line makes you wonder WTF ?:

According to Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak, Moscow could respond to the Crimean blackout by halting coal deliveries to Ukraine.

I mean seriously.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 36 56792151

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:54 pm

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 36 CVZbl9jXIAAmQVx
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:49 am

whir wrote:A westernised Ukrainian Antonov translates in stealing workload from Airbus and Boeing's voters workers, seems legit.

This.

Anybody who thinks Antonov will be allowed to compete with Airbus, the regions it operates/manufactures in and their voters, and the politicians tied into that is very credulous. Airbus has a long history of politics surrounding regional issues/lobbying.

The An-70 will not be tolerated as competition. The An-124 has perhaps a niche Airbus doesn't have a product in at present, but even that would take work away from its design team.

Under Europe, Antonov at the most will probably wither into a cheaply paid regional assembly plant, thrown scraps manufacturing sub-assemblies.
    That's the harsh reality of it, unfortunately, which is a pity, as they've made some great planes, and the AN-70 should have had a bright future.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:01 am

Kadmos45 wrote:Rare Bengal Tiger cub Dies in Crimea Due to Power Blackout

http://sputniknews.com/art_living/20151204/1031260931/crimea-zoo-tiger-cub-ukrainian-nationalist-blew-up-power-lines.html

According to Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak, Moscow could respond to the Crimean blackout by halting coal deliveries to Ukraine.

I mean seriously.
    According to this Interfax report out of Kiev today and I have seen this comment before, Russia is not supplying coal. So who is correct?

Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk has instructed that profile ministries discuss the issue of redistributing the funds earlier accumulated by national energy company Ukrenergo to buy transformers to buy coal, a former member of Ukraine's National Commission for Energy, Housing and Utilities Services Regulation Andriy Herus wrote on his Facebook page.

"Yesterday the prime minister ordered that the possibility of redistributing the funds accumulated by Ukrenergo [over UAH 1 billion] to buy coal is discussed. TPPs [thermal power plants] have coal enough to work for 20-30 days, supplies from Russia and the ATO [Anti-Terrorist Operation] zone are fully halted," he said.

Acting Director General of Ukrenergo Vsevolod Kovalchuk confirmed this information.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:17 am

JohninMK wrote:

I mean seriously.
    According to this Interfax report out of Kiev today and I have seen this comment before, Russia is not supplying coal. So who is correct?

Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk has instructed that profile ministries discuss the issue of redistributing the funds earlier accumulated by national energy company Ukrenergo to buy transformers to buy coal, a former member of Ukraine's National Commission for Energy, Housing and Utilities Services Regulation Andriy Herus wrote on his Facebook page.

"Yesterday the prime minister ordered that the possibility of redistributing the funds accumulated by Ukrenergo [over UAH 1 billion] to buy coal is discussed. TPPs [thermal power plants] have coal enough to work for 20-30 days, supplies from Russia and the ATO [Anti-Terrorist Operation] zone are fully halted," he said.

Acting Director General of Ukrenergo Vsevolod Kovalchuk confirmed this information.

From what i was aware coal supplies from Russia are halted.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:34 am

Militarov wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Had electricity, but no running water from about 9 years old,  until I was 14. We had a radio, that was it. I might have been 12 when we got a television.

Lived like that basically myself till like 14-15 years old, thanks to the fact my home and properties were destroyed in war and we ended up displaced to Serbia. Except that we had electricity and fridge whole time, rest was basically the same. Heating water to bath, had "white and black" TV till i was like... 13-14, that was more not working than working Very Happy And this was just like abit over decade ago Smile

Wow. I can not imagine living through war. Sad

1948 to 1960 for me. although I did live for about 15 years in the late 1980's-to 2000, heating with wood, and cooking on a wood-burning cookstove.
    My daughter finally loaned me an elec. stove. gah. I cooked over a fire pit in the yard (we lived out in the country) until I found a wood-burning cookstove to buy. My ex husband had everything a person needed growing up, & was a city boy, but wanted to live "primitive" like his grandparents did when he was a kid. idiot.  Smile & I was the bigger idiot. lol
    Very Happy

I guarantee, politicians in Washington D.C. (Texas also) are clueless how ppl really live, or don't care...

One time I was driving around this little town going to garage sales, and saw a Mexican lady doing her washing on a wringer washer sitting in her yard. I felt such compassion for her, because I've done the same thing, except the washing machine I had wasn't a wringer washer.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:54 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Wow. I can not imagine living through war. Sad

1948 to 1960 for me. although I did live for about 15 years in the late 1980's-to 2000, heating with wood, and cooking on a wood-burning cookstove.
    My daughter finally loaned me an elec. stove. gah. I cooked over a fire pit in the yard (we lived out in the country) until I found a wood-burning cookstove to buy. My ex husband had everything a person needed growing up, & was a city boy, but wanted to live "primitive" like his grandparents did when he was a kid. idiot.  Smile & I was the bigger idiot. lol
    Very Happy

I guarantee, politicians in Washington D.C. (Texas also) are clueless how ppl really live, or don't care...

One time I was driving around this little town going to garage sales, and saw a Mexican lady doing her washing on a wringer washer sitting in her yard. I felt such compassion for her, because I've done the same thing, except the washing machine I had wasn't a wringer washer.

Walked to school 5km since i was..well 6,5 till end of my elementary school (8 grades). Lived in isolated house in forest it was built in 1923. to be used by workers in nearby sawmill, around 1km of my way though forest with no real road but more like, trail, nearest neighbours were also like 1km away or so i guess. Lived from garden behind the house, had chickens and goat (yeah, goat), used water from water spring nearby. Plenty of wood around, electricity was available, had old TV, freezer but no real bathroom so dad built one.

Both clothes and dishes mom washed by hands, actually most of the people still wash their dishes like that here, dishwashers are not really affordable for common people and they are not very popular in general.

Actually i remember two wars, one 1991-1995. (when my family was forced to leave Bosnia) and second one in 1999. when NATO bombed Yugoslavia, first one not that well since i was very young, but still i remember enough, second one very clearly.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:38 am

Militarov wrote:
    Walked to school 5km since i was..well 6,5 till end of my elementary school (8 grades). Lived in isolated house in forest it was built in 1923. to be used by workers in nearby sawmill, around 1km of my way though forest with no real road but more like, trail, nearest neighbours were also like 1km away or so i guess. Lived from garden behind the house, had chickens and goat (yeah, goat), used water from water spring nearby. Plenty of wood around, electricity was available, had old TV, freezer but no real bathroom so dad built one.

Both clothes and dishes mom washed by hands, actually most of the people still wash their dishes like that here, dishwashers are not really affordable for common people and they are not very popular in general.

Actually i remember two wars, one 1991-1995. (when my family was forced to leave Bosnia) and second one in 1999. when NATO bombed Yugoslavia, first one not that well since i was very young, but still i remember enough, second one very clearly.

Wow. Militarov, thank you so much for sharing!
    You and I grew up, and have lived very much alike, except for war.
    Growing up we lived mostly 16 miles from town. When I started to school, age 6, rode a school bus to and from school. We had horses, milk cows, calves, once had a goat, 2 burros, chickens, 2 geese, 2 sheep, dog, cat... Very Happy  My Mom always had a big garden, & canned food. At the house we lived at from age 9-14, water ran off of the roof by metal gutters into a tin cistern, and into a rock cistern, that's where we got our water, or hauled it from an earthen tank, or pond. in 55 gallon metal barrels. My Mom washed on a wringer washing machine, sitting on the porch.
    I've also seen my Mom wash clothes by boiling them in an iron pot over a wood fire in the yard.
    My parents could do everything. They butchered their own hogs, made homemade sausage..My Mother could butcher/cut up a deer for venison.
    My Dad roped wild hogs from horseback, and hauled them home and fattened them out.

No chain saw, my brothers was cutting wood with an axe, & one of my older brothers was sneaking around smoking a cigarette at the outhouse, & accidentally burned it down lol Very Happy He had to build a new one.
    I had the happiest childhood, living in the country, riding my horse, swimming and fishing...

I've never owned a dishwasher in my life Smile

There was no such thing as food stamps, or medical care or food banks when I was growing up. Nothing. You worked. You grew it, you canned it, you fished, you hunted, you killed it, you made it and if you didn't have money, you did without. My Mom sewed and made my Dad and brothers' shirts,  and any dresses I wore. I wore a lot of hand me downs, and very few clothes bought in a store.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:01 am

Humanitarian crisis Spartak Donetsk no gas, water or electricity 95% of homes damaged by UA Shelling

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:04 am

I mean seriously.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 36 56792151

Coal deliveries were halted from Novorossiya within two days of the destruction of the electric feed to Krim.

There is no excuse for the tiger cub dying from exposure. Heads will roll and a criminal investigation has already commenced.

Electric came on at 20:30 yesterday and as of 06:45 today is still on. Remains to be seen as to how long it will be on today. No information is being provided as to the increased hours of power.

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:03 pm

I mean seriously.

I don't know if the tiger may haunt Porkie in his dream...

Well. The tiger has to wait. Since there are thousands of dead souls who are registering for that.
    Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:33 pm

higurashihougi wrote:

I don't know if the tiger may haunt Porkie in his dream...

Porkie incoming doom :

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 36 Sumatra-tiger-with-pig

higurashihougi wrote:
    Well. The tiger has to wait. Since there are thousands of dead souls who are registering for that.

Yeah, poor cub.

But i'm more concerned about this ambiguous statements from the Russian side.
    So Donbass halted coal deliveries ( that's probably true ). But what about russian ones ?
    I'm hoping this Alexander Novak guy was just plain wrong or mistranslated.

Recent piece about heating situation in Crimea:

http://novorossia.today/power-bridge-brings-warmth-to-crimean-households-ahead-of-schedule-crimean-pm/

Probably auslander could verify some statements made there.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Oh ye with little faith... angel lol1

''Moscow to Sue Kiev if It Fails to Fulfill Debt Obligations Before Dec. 20''

http://sputniknews.com/business/20151205/1031296405/russia-ukraine-debt.html

''Russia says U.S. refused guarantees for Ukraine's liabilities''

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-says-u-officially-refused-guarantees-ukraines-liabilities-141126050--business.html
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:23 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Oh ye with little faith... angel lol1

''Moscow to Sue Kiev if It Fails to Fulfill Debt Obligations Before Dec. 20''

http://sputniknews.com/business/20151205/1031296405/russia-ukraine-debt.html

''Russia says U.S. refused guarantees for Ukraine's liabilities''

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-says-u-officially-refused-guarantees-ukraines-liabilities-141126050--business.html

Putin plays them like an orchestra Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:45 pm