Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
marat
NationalRus
ultron
The Mule
Crucible
Werewolf
Acheron
onwiththewar
mutantsushi
cracker
whir
eehnie
Morpheus Eberhardt
gregoire
VARGR198
PapaDragon
BKP
magnumcromagnon
victor1985
sepheronx
kvs
Bolt
Odin of Ossetia
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Karl Haushofer
Ruthenius
OminousSpudd
Nikander
zg18
Dforce
Regular
Ispan
Teshub
Project Canada
GarryB
Big_Gazza
higurashihougi
SturmGuard
franco
flamming_python
par far
Godric
medo
wilhelm
Inetwarrior
Vann7
Erk
Neutrality
TheArmenian
ExBeobachter1987
auslander
KoTeMoRe
Cowboy's daughter
Flagship Victory
JohninMK
Khepesh
Firebird
Rodinazombie
63 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Post  JohninMK Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Thanks for that. Sadly it is only going to get worse. You can certainly see why Poro can't have 60,000 demobed soldiers back in their home towns.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Post  PapaDragon Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:28 pm

Bessarabia.... Last time I heard that place being mentioned was in middle school history class. Life is strange I tell you.

Also:

Right Sector goons are installling concrete blockade on the border with Crimea. I guess in their fantasy reality Crimea actually gives a crap... Razz

http://tvzvezda.ru/news/vstrane_i_mire/content/201509201316-238s.htm

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 29 2
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:00 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Bessarabia.... Last time I heard that place being mentioned was in middle school history class. Life is strange I tell you.

Also:

Right Sector goons are installling concrete blockade on the border with Crimea. I guess in their fantasy reality Crimea actually gives a crap... Razz

http://tvzvezda.ru/news/vstrane_i_mire/content/201509201316-238s.htm

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 29 2

They started blocking the borders this morning, cutting of commerce, in particular food, from entering Krimea. POV's and pedestrians are allowed through to the Russian border after vehicle search and document check by RS. Trucks disappeared about an hour before the thugs arrived. It is my understanding that just about all orc foods are not allowed in Krim as they don't meet the current standards. It's a combination of RS and Tatar 'Mejlis in exile' pulling this stunt.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Useless actions. Perekop Isthmus is not the only supply line for Krym. The penisula can be supplied by Russia via Kerch.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Whether they know it or not this action makes sense. They will need all the food they can get this winter.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:34 pm

JohninMK wrote:Whether they know it or not this action makes sense. They will need all the food they can get this winter.

They haven't taken one thing into account. Remember Kerch Straight bridge construction?

As a part of that project a temporary bridge is being built. So in addition to ship transport which should more than suffice, they will have a backup option in the form of that bridge should need arise.

Ukrops are just being day late and a dollar(and quite a few brain cells) short as usual.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 29 0_1392a0_706ccfb9_XL

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 29 0_13929d_ee1c5343_XL

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 29 0_13929e_33e29968_XL
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Transport across the straights is no problem now, well organized with I think a friend said 10 ferries running, 5 each way on the tight schedule. About 6 klicks back from the actual landings on both sides are the kassa areas to buy tickets in a large pull off area. Lots of personnel to direct and organize the flow of vehicles. In the pull off area, which he described as 'huge', are also various kiosks for food, sundries, drinks and such plus toilets and shower facilities. Gone is the horror show of last summer.

The number of ferries does not include the railroad ferry system.

The only fly in this ointment is the winter storms. The straights are famous for the winter storms which can come up quickly and be quite fierce, the maelstrom of water is because the straights are relatively shallow.

Still and all, our friend said he had no delay in getting on a ferry to Kerch and this was in July, High Season.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:58 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Whether they know it or not this action makes sense. They will need all the food they can get this winter.

They haven't taken one thing into account. Remember Kerch Straight bridge construction?

As a part of that project a temporary bridge is being built. So in addition to ship transport which should more than suffice, they will have a backup option in the form of that bridge should need arise.

Ukrops are just being day late and a dollar(and quite a few brain cells) short as usual.

Think you got what I meant the wrong way round. No way will Crimea starve this winter, but Ukraine? Its them that need to keep as much food in Ukraine as possible.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:01 pm

auslander wrote:

The only fly in this ointment is the winter storms. The straights are famous for the winter storms which can come up quickly and be quite fierce, the maelstrom of water is because the straights are relatively shallow.

Think they need some of that Chinese dredging mania. Should be relatively easy to raise some giant sandbanks as breakwaters to take the edge off the waves. Protect the bridge too.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:27 pm

you must be shitting me Suspect

the last fodd products from ukraine (not that many left) will disapear (great for a failed state economy in ukraine) while the farry transportation in Kerch was increased by several fold since 2014.

this shit is amusing i hope they push through with this "blockade" and soon all ukrop stuff will disapear in crimea which will be magnificent for ukranian food retail business itself which is struggling to survive
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:54 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Think you got what I meant the wrong way round. No way will Crimea starve this winter, but Ukraine? Its them that need to keep as much food in Ukraine as possible.

Sorry, my bad... pale thumbsup
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:27 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Think they need some of that Chinese dredging mania. Should be relatively easy to raise some giant sandbanks as breakwaters to take the edge off the waves. Protect the bridge too.

Can't do that, the width of the straights is not small, plus there's a good amount of small ship traffic from the Black Sea to the Donau almost at the head of the Azov.
    marat

Post  marat Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Crimea have ports, classic ports, ferries are not only solution for sea lines. At worst case it had airports, if Allies managed to supply Berlin 70 years ago, Russians will surelly managed to supply Crimea. Ukraina will just lose some more market space, and Russia will get it.
    But, somehow, i am sure that this blocade will not last long, it is not first one either iirc.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:30 pm

marat wrote:Crimea have ports, classic ports, ferries are not only solution for sea lines. At worst case it had airports, if Allies managed to supply Berlin 70 years ago, Russians will surelly managed to supply Crimea. Ukraina will just lose some more market space, and Russia will get it.
    But, somehow, i am sure that this blocade will not last long, it is not first one either iirc.

It's the money that will decide about this silly little charade, in essence right sector wants a piece of the action as does mejlis. It won't be long before someone's nostrils are braided and things return to normal at the border. Compared to two years ago the volume today of imports from and exports to 404 is at roughly 10% of previous volume. Basically 404 has shoved that .45 down their skivvies, taken careful aim and shot themselves right in the oh-my-yes. Figures.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:57 pm

Good to see they are working on the Kerch Strait bridge, I was wondering how long it was going to take before construction began.

This is whats planned

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:34 am

I seen these photos on twitter a couple of days ago of the UAF reportedly using 1910 vintage heavy machineguns

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 29 1912_zps9vevajpd

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 29 CPKpTjwWcAAbxdE_zpsmbpil54a

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 29 CPMbFUlW8AIH7pV_zpst8xqjqsw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PM_M1910
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:06 am

^^^Savages, those things should be in a museum!
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:58 am

Sorry Asswenuts but you are DEAD.

http://free-news.su/politika/4967-zapadnaya-ukraina-territoriya-polshi

Google Translate wrote:Yatsenyuk: Western Ukraine - the territory of Poland, the USSR got it illegally

Statement by the Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk shocked the whole world, all the Polish media publish his speech, which he delivered in front of Bykovnya Polish Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz.

He said that the Soviet Union and Germany signed the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was illegal and gave the Polish Western Ukraine SSR.

Many Polish publications quoted Yatsenyuk. He also said that the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, not only acted to the detriment of Poland and Ukraine.

According to the Ukrainian prime minister, the Nazis wanted to destroy the Communists, both Poland and Ukraine, signing the pact.

Further, Yatsenyuk spoke that Bykovnya - this tragic place of the Poles and Ukrainians. He hoped that Poland would support Ukraine and together they demonstrate the unity that united the country in a "Russian aggression".

"We are obliged to swear in this holy place, we will continue to fight for the sake of a peaceful and democratic world," - said Ukrainian Prime Minister.

Yatsenyuk said that those who promote regime imperialism and totalitarianism and our civilized world must stand trial in The Hague. He called the friendship of Kiev and Warsaw, the very thread that would lead all to a common European future brighter. He ended his speech with cries of "Long live Poland! Long live Ukraine! ".
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:32 am

Regular wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:
    Crucible wrote:

How incredibly offensive, this man most likely died to free Poland(I may be wrong, just posting here as soon as I saw this), then they tear it down.

Starting to agree with Zhirinovsky.

Moskva didn't stand still.

http://www.rt.com/news/315795-poland-russia-monument-dismantle/

Russian authorities have summoned the Polish diplomatic mission’s highest-ranking officials to account for the dismantling of a monument in the Polish town of Pieniezno which honored a Soviet Army World War II general.

Both Russia's Foreign Ministry and Defense Ministry have condemned the dismantling of the monument to General Ivan Chernyakhovsky, who was one of the leaders of the Soviet campaign against Nazi Germany in Poland.

The Polish Ambassador Katarzyna Pelczynska-Nalecz was called in by the Foreign Ministry on Thursday to provide an insight into what has happened in Pieniezno, the press service of the Polish embassy in Moscow said.

These diplomatic protests are a waste of time.   Kick Poland in the 'nads, ban more food imports and it is about time Russia started to build
    a vocal case for force majeure on its gas contracts.    These clowns don't deserve normal treatment.   They need costs imposed on them
    and Russia should impose a one year limit on all gas contracts.    No 20-30 year commitments and no discounts.
    Well that Ivan dude actually fought against Polish resistance in Vilnius. So it's not like he is hero of Poland. More or less he helped to get capital city back to Lithuania. To be honest I am quite happy that Armija Krajowa got their arses kicked, they weren't nice guys (not as bad as banderites in Ukraine, but they were trying)

Actually you are all wrong.

As usual "kvs" tries his venomous anti-Polish bull-shit.

Czerniachowski was apparently of ethnic Polish origin, and he fought against the AK in what is now eastern Lithuania, but that very AK from that area is known to have collaborated with the Germans during the occupation. So he actually fought against German collaborators.

The removal of the monument has been done under the inspiration of the super influential ethnic Ukrainian community in Poland; the "AK thing" is only a smokescreen. Many ethnic Poles have opposed the monument's removal.

And the AK and UPA are two different worlds. There was collaboration between the AK from Belarus and Lithuania with the Germans, also some sporadic collaboration, and attempts to achieve such collaboration, in Poland-proper, but nothing on the UPA level.

http://asaland.proboards.com/thread/375/jews-poles-soviet-partisans-belarus

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-OBAL1.html

UPA was also far more genocidal. The AK also put up at least some effort into the anti-German resistance, UPA hardly any.

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-Truth.html
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:49 am

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:
    Crucible wrote:

How incredibly offensive, this man most likely died to free Poland(I may be wrong, just posting here as soon as I saw this), then they tear it down.

Russian authorities have summoned the Polish diplomatic mission’s highest-ranking officials to account for the dismantling of a monument in the Polish town of Pieniezno which honored a Soviet Army World War II general.

Both Russia's Foreign Ministry and Defense Ministry have condemned the dismantling of the monument to General Ivan Chernyakhovsky, who was one of the leaders of the Soviet campaign against Nazi Germany in Poland.

The Polish Ambassador Katarzyna Pelczynska-Nalecz was called in by the Foreign Ministry on Thursday to provide an insight into what has happened in Pieniezno, the press service of the Polish embassy in Moscow said.

These diplomatic protests are a waste of time.   Kick Poland in the 'nads, ban more food imports and it is about time Russia started to build
    a vocal case for force majeure on its gas contracts.    These clowns don't deserve normal treatment.   They need costs imposed on them
    and Russia should impose a one year limit on all gas contracts.    No 20-30 year commitments and no discounts.
    Well that Ivan dude actually fought against Polish resistance in Vilnius. So it's not like he is hero of Poland. More or less he helped to get capital city back to Lithuania. To be honest I am quite happy that Armija Krajowa got their arses kicked, they weren't nice guys (not as bad as banderites in Ukraine, but they were trying)

Czerniachowski was apparently of ethnic Polish origin, and he fought against the AK in what is now eastern Lithuania, but that very AK from that area is known to have collaborated with the Germans during the occupation. So he actually fought against German collaborators.

The removal of the monument has been done under the inspiration of the super influential ethnic Ukrainian community in Poland; the "AK thing" is only a smokescreen. Many ethnic Poles have opposed the monument's removal.

And the AK and UPA are two different worlds. There was collaboration between the AK from Belarus and Lithuania with the Germans, also some sporadic collaboration, and attempts to achieve such collaboration, in Poland-proper, but nothing on the UPA level.

UPA was also far more genocidal. The AK also put up at least some effort into the anti-German resistance, UPA hardly any.

I am so sorry your thin Polish skin can't handle the medicine you love to dish out. For people who love to hate Russians
    including right now where you are in a frothing frenzy of hate for Russia and support for Banderites, you know the ones that
    killed tens of thousands of Polish civilians during WWII, you sure can't handle any criticism.

You are always the victims. It is always the Russians who do you wrong. Poland loves to start the clock in 1939 and not in
    1918 when it comes to western Ukraine and Belorus. Gee, how convenient. Also convenient for you that you forget the
    100,000 Soviet POWs who died in your internment camps during your 1918-1922 war of aggression to grab territory from
    the USSR.

You are actually offended by calls for more sanctions against your country when you are rabidly pushing for sanctions against
    Russia. Surreal.
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:58 am

kvs wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:
    Crucible wrote:

I am so sorry your thin Polish skin can't handle the medicine you love to dish out.   For people who love to hate Russians
    including right now where you are in a frothing frenzy of hate for Russia and support for Banderites, you know the ones that
    killed tens of thousands of Polish civilians during WWII, you sure can't handle any criticism.

You are always the victims.  It is always the Russians who do you wrong.  Poland loves to start the clock in 1939 and not in
    1918 when it comes to western Ukraine and Belorus.   Gee, how convenient.   Also convenient for you that you forget the
    100,000 Soviet POWs who died in your internment camps during your 1918-1922 war of aggression to grab territory from
    the USSR.  

You are actually offended by calls for more sanctions against your country when you are rabidly pushing for sanctions against
    Russia.   Surreal.

Did you even bothered to read my post? If you want to punish the real culprits, you have to punish the ethnic Ukrainians who currently run Poland and are oppressing the ethnic Poles in their own country. Why do you think that three million Poles have left Poland since 2004? Poland is already paying the highest price for Russia's natural gas, so what else do you want to do? And it is those ethnic Ukrainians who were cemented on the Poles' heads by your Soviet government starting in 1944. Now they are showing you their "gratitude." You cannot blame the ethnic Poles for everything.

Post  Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:08 am

Shut up you two.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:34 am

@KVS, Odin:

You two have to differentiate the Poles/Ukr PEOPLE from the Poles/Ukr ARISTOCRAT.

Polish and Ukrainian people had participated in heroic patriotic struggle against Nazi invaders, millions of Poles/Ukr sacrificed their lives during the fight for independence and freedom.

But the Polish aristocrats and Ukr facists are a**holes. They pushed their own people to the death to serve their selfish benefits.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:00 pm

What?

Ukrainians - yes. But Poles as a nation were probably the least willing to cooperate during ww2 - it was the only occupied country that did not have it's own volunteer unit in Waffen SS
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Ukie fascist arrested in Crimea trying to plot for crimes..

And the tatar terrorist leader.and his nuland nazi cronies.. who sold his soul for a price blocking the road from Ukraine to Crimea..

They will begging for food to Russia , onces Ukraine collapse. and asking Russian
    citizenship.

About soviets vs Hitler molotov pact.. that was consequence of Polan ,UK and France ,
    refusing the request of Stalin to make an alliance against hitler. to stop him before he
    became stonger. But then Poland refused and did everything possible to not allow Russia
    to get any alliance with anyone in Europe.. in hopes that they could get Hitler and Russia to destroy each other and get rid of both. What happened in the end?  everyone knows.. Hitler
    invaded Poland..and France and it was not until they invaded.. that they decided to accept
    Stalin alliance against Hitler..

The so called "Russia invasion" of Poland is a total lie.. You cannot invade territory that is yours.
    Russia took the lands that were theirs.. lands that poland stole from Russia ,taking advantage of the RUssian civil war. Russian lands with Russian citizens ,that is what Russia "took" away from Poland. Territories that Poland took not by any referemdum..but by an army invasion on Russian lands. Is not like Poland had any good relations at that time with Russia.. Russia saw what Poland was trying to do.. it was trying to isolate Russia from europe ,and get hitler into a fight with them. So naturally Russia did what it did..and only Poland is to blame for it. Had Poland did not was as hostile with RUssia and trying to isolate them from Europe and put their nation at risk.. history will have been different. and probably Nazis will have been stopped before they invaded Poland and france whey they were not ready for war.

As a matter of Fact.. Poland will not exist today if it wasn't by Russia .
    Because it was Russia and not the allies who defeated Hitler and kicked them from Poland lands.. and Americans did not invaded Europe ,to fight Hitler until they know they were already defeated and the war will be over in few months.... and Stalin once Hitler defeated ,returned all REAL lands that hitler took away from Poland.. ..and i will say today that was Russia major mistake.. because As soon Germany was defeated ,american and Britist began to turn Russia in their new enemies. and began to militarize Poland and baltics against Russia..and make it a NATO member.. If you give food to a snake it will byte your hand.. There was NO reason for Russia to return any land to Poland after Polish lost their lands to Hitler.. Russia defeated Hitler with the blood of millions of their citizens.. and returned the real lands of Poland..
    and now today is the most rusophobic nation in all Europe..   This is a lesson for Russia..to never forget ,to never do favors to any enemy.. And Next time that Poland provoke again
    a Major world war.. it should invade Poland permanently and never again leave. Simply disband
    the entire country and Annex it.  If you want to destroy a nation ,as Poland wants with RUssia and later fail  then the  aggressor state will have no right to claim back any territory that they lost in a fight they provoked.

This is the same as baltic states.. if they use their territories to deploy Americans nuclear missiles.. as NATO wants to do with the missile shield and later they launched against Russia..
    then any retaliation of Russia can be no less ,than invade them ,remove from power its leadership and permanently stay forever and never leave.. either annex the territories or turn
    them into a puppet colony. Its citizens will lose their right for  freedom. and will have to pay with money and territory for their criminal aggression.

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:17 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:37 pm