Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
Godric
Erk
kvs
2SPOOKY4U
Flagship Victory
Viktor
Khepesh
Inetwarrior
VladimirSahin
Ispan
Dforce
Walther von Oldenburg
Chersonesus
BKP
GarryB
Rodinazombie
calripson
Werewolf
franco
Regular
Big_Gazza
auslander
Ruthenius
ExBeobachter1987
Ghoster
Boreas
Cucumber Khan
gregoire
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
KomissarBojanchev
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Cowboy's daughter
Odin of Ossetia
flamming_python
Project Canada
par far
JohninMK
sepheronx
whir
Neutrality
47 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  JohninMK Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:40 am

higurashihougi wrote:@Khepesh: +1 for the info

BTW... Kaboom ! http://infopolk.ru/1/W/news/1439500778#6c945777-f0d6-4201-b042-84104abba344
    Yandex translate

East of Donetsk, according to preliminary information around n Pokrovskoe, drunken APU soldiers were unloading ammunition brought in. As a result of careless handling of explosive hazards detonation occurred. Losses of Ukrainian soldiers is unknown, but the glow from the gaps seen for many miles.

Readers of PB in Kostyantynivka also watched the glow from the huge fire.

Also reported a similar night incident in occupied APU n of zaytsevo, Artemovsky district, near Gorlovka.
    Ispan
    Ispan

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  Ispan Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:26 pm

auslander wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Memorial at Khryashchevatoe. Burned out VSN T-64B with "For our and your future!!!" written on the barrel. Last August the crew had destroyed eight ukrops machines in a battle described as a nightmare before their tank was hit. It does not say the fate of the crew, but as their tank is now a memorial indicates they gave their lives. https://donbass.media/5261-pamyatnik-otvazhnym-bojcam-novorossii-xryashhevatoe/
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 A87743e80de8

If they got 8, they need to put the kill rings on the barrel to show the people what these boys did.

No no, Germans painted kill rings, Russians painted stars as victory markings, yes, there should be a plaque as well, describing the action and names of the crew.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Article about visit of Turchinov to Avdeevka a few days ago. We see Pion, Msta-B and Bulat. Pion at Avdeevka could be seen as too close to the front, but Avdeevka is a good position as from there they can cover all of Donetsk down to Elenovka, then in an arc to Gorlovka. http://chervonec-001.livejournal.com/787223.html

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 366d080eb10d

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 Cebacf0aebb8

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 E11ac3ee2c6a

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 5aee37c071b3

And here we can certainly see it is in the country that does not exist......
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 Fc6d92b2c70e
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:11 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:And how would exactly the dutch know they are real? Let us not forget that the dutch has done a shit job on the mh17 investigation and they probably couldnt tell a Ukrainian apart from a Russian.

Add that, SBU of history of doctoring information gives us a good idea of the BS. And well, lack of flight recorders from the terminal is also a good question.

The dutch has a lot of political investment in this, so they will tow the line as normal. Give it to south africa or Argentina to see if it is real? Maybe to China. How about that?

I have no idea if they ARE real or not, but the Dutch say so at least. "Bez" also confirmed they were conversations he have had, but I am not sure how trustworthy he is?

The reason they think they know might have something to do wit the request from the investigators to gain access to telemasts in LPR/DPR?

If you remember, that tape was released in less than 24 hours by SBU after the crash which is horsesh*. This is coming from an agency that was caught doctoring (read: using Photoshop) pictures of the BUK's launch site. The same agency that screams about 10,000 active Russian soldier but still can't provide any solid fact regarding this.

The problem I have with that BUK story is they said it came from Torez which was on the right side of the aircraft, yet the damage is spread across the left side of the aircraft.

As for the 10,000 Russian troops, the OSCE had drones going up and down the Russian border, and came up empty handed, so how is the UAF meant to do better recon than that?
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:27 pm

1 Maidan soldier KIA and 6 Maidan soldiers WIA yesterday cheers
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:30 pm

Ispan wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Memorial at Khryashchevatoe. Burned out VSN T-64B with "For our and your future!!!" written on the barrel. Last August the crew had destroyed eight ukrops machines in a battle described as a nightmare before their tank was hit. It does not say the fate of the crew, but as their tank is now a memorial indicates they gave their lives. https://donbass.media/5261-pamyatnik-otvazhnym-bojcam-novorossii-xryashhevatoe/
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 A87743e80de8

If they got 8, they need to put the kill rings on the barrel to show the people what these boys did.

No no, Germans painted kill rings, Russians painted stars as victory markings, yes, there should be a plaque as well, describing the action and names of the crew.

I'll have to take the time to rummage through my extensive archives involving my other hobby, but I think I've seen more than one Sov tank with kill rings, late in the war. Sticks in my mind it was an IS2, east of Berlin.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Every month or so Ukrainian morons find some clown to pretent to be Russian paratrooper/spetznaz/general/black wizard/space marine and every time it is proven to be bullshit as usual.

Of course, every single time good ole' Dforce will generate several pages of crap on any forum he happens to be on based on it.

In the meantime he will spend his time ranting about MH-17 and evil rocket fired by Putin himself, even though if there was a single shred of evidence of anyone's guilt other than Ukrainian's it would have been blasted on every media outlet in existence long ago...

Man, feels like old MP.net days...

Never change Big D thumbsup lol1 pwnd
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Erk wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:And how would exactly the dutch know they are real? Let us not forget that the dutch has done a shit job on the mh17 investigation and they probably couldnt tell a Ukrainian apart from a Russian.

Add that, SBU of history of doctoring information gives us a good idea of the BS. And well, lack of flight recorders from the terminal is also a good question.

The dutch has a lot of political investment in this, so they will tow the line as normal. Give it to south africa or Argentina to see if it is real? Maybe to China. How about that?

I have no idea if they ARE real or not, but the Dutch say so at least. "Bez" also confirmed they were conversations he have had, but I am not sure how trustworthy he is?

The reason they think they know might have something to do wit the request from the investigators to gain access to telemasts in LPR/DPR?

If you remember, that tape was released in less than 24 hours by SBU after the crash which is horsesh*. This is coming from an agency that was caught doctoring (read: using Photoshop) pictures of the BUK's launch site. The same agency that screams about 10,000 active Russian soldier but still can't provide any solid fact regarding this.

The problem I have with that BUK story is they said it came from Torez which was on the right side of the aircraft, yet the damage is spread across the left side of the aircraft.

As for the 10,000 Russian troops, the OSCE had drones going up and down the Russian border, and came up empty handed, so how is the UAF meant to do better recon than that?

I remember when Phil Black of CNN, who was reporting from Moscow for over a decade, spent two weeks on the border looking for Russian troops and went on the record that he ain't found sh*t.

He promptly disappeared for nearly a year and when he showed up on the air again, he was in Iraq.

Bad move pissing off your employers Phil... lol1
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Khepesh wrote:Article about visit of Turchinov to Avdeevka a few days ago. We see Pion, Msta-B and Bulat. Pion at Avdeevka could be seen as too close to the front, but Avdeevka is a good position as from there they can cover all of Donetsk down to Elenovka, then in an arc to Gorlovka. http://chervonec-001.livejournal.com/787223.html

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 366d080eb10d

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 Cebacf0aebb8

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 E11ac3ee2c6a

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 5aee37c071b3

And here we can certainly see it is in the country that does not exist......
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 25 Fc6d92b2c70e

Yeah the problem is this. From what I see here there are only ywo companies worth of armour in Adviivka. Worse they're 64M1's probably what's remaining from the DRC contract. I see also antiquated BMP-2 freshly repainted.

So this has to be the actual fighting force there. And we don't see the reserves. One thing that firghtens me though on the video is that despite having a lot of time Ukrops don't try and have deep field trenches. Just like Debalstevo, the defensive points (festungs, hedgehogs, what ever) aren't well connected. The other issue is that the view from the airport to the positions, is heavily obstructed on a tactical level. There's a huge risk of Ukrop on Ukrop (which is good) that goes on to show the realities of the "much improved" Ukrop force.

Edit: Theose are indeed Bulats after seeing the Video.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:30 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:

Yeah the problem is this. From what I see here there are only ywo companies worth of armour in Adviivka. Worse they're 64M1's probably what's remaining from the DRC contract. I see also antiquated BMP-2 freshly repainted.

So this has to be the actual fighting force there. And we don't see the reserves. One thing that firghtens me though on the video is that despite having a lot of time Ukrops don't try and have deep field trenches. Just like Debalstevo, the defensive points (festungs, hedgehogs, what ever) aren't well connected. The other issue is that the view from the airport to the positions, is heavily obstructed on a tactical level. There's a huge risk of Ukrop on Ukrop (which is good) that goes on to show the realities of the "much improved" Ukrop force.

Edit: Theose are indeed Bulats after seeing the Video.
    I think one of the reasons for the visit was to show Turchinov bringing new presents to add to what is already there, but that we do not see. Everything in the video looks fresh from refurbishment. Could of course be some kind of travelling "Potemkin village" and we will see the same equipment at other locations he visits.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:33 pm

So when is fighting going to start to liberate Donbas?
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Nazi doing

Ukraine's GDP for the quarter ІI fell by 14.7%
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:52 pm

pwnd angel lol1

"Ukrainians Become Jehovah’s Witnesses to Avoid Conscription''

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150814/1025754560.html
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:36 pm

I made a post yesterday about "Self defence Gorlovka" and then deleted it as it was "dirty washing". I now see this "war" has spread to a place were it is now noticable to large numbers of people around the world. On military maps over Gorlovka you will see the red rings with "Донбасс медиа" written by them. This is part of this "networks war" and is designed to take you to where the old admin are now continuing to operate on the "Donbass media" VK page.

Edit: I want to correct an article I just saw on "Fortruss". They state that 10,099 items of infrastructure and properties have been damaged or destroyed in Donbass until 14 August. The error is that this is only for DNR, not all Donbass, and that 6,278 of this figure is just for Donetsk city.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Khepesh wrote:I made a post yesterday about "Self defence Gorlovka" and then deleted it as it was "dirty washing". I now see this "war" has spread to a place were it is now noticable to large numbers of people around the world. On military maps over Gorlovka you will see the red rings with "Донбасс медиа" written by them. This is part of this "networks war" and is designed to take you to where the old admin are now continuing to operate on the "Donbass media" VK page.

Edit: I want to correct an article I just saw on "Fortruss". They state that 10,099 items of infrastructure and properties have been damaged or destroyed in Donbass until 14 August. The error is that this is only for DNR, not all Donbass, and that 6,278 of this figure is just for Donetsk city.
    Khepesh, what is the significance of the 404 you ringed on that last photo?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:02 pm

Kiev seem to have unleashed a bit of a bigger problem than they might have expected in Azov.

THE AZOV MOVEMENT
    War actualizes the spirit of the past, not only tests our own. Since the onset of a new historical era, we seized an opportunity to stand at the forefront of myth making. Time was passing, and we were changing with it. We were growing: from two dozen of activists in the Maidan to two thousand of soldiers in the special purpose brigade. From several firearms gained in the battle to our own tank.

Relying solely on our own strength and capabilities, we have managed to build our own military and public power, ontologically new for Ukraine. Within a half a year of intensive work was created more than a highly battle-worthy brigade of fighters on the front: around the military unit was created a powerful framework that includes a number of political, social, environmental, cultural and educational initiatives.

To ensure the operation of such a broad organization, were involved hundreds of volunteers and activists. Predominantly these are the initiative young people with a similar ideological and ideological way of thinking. Namely through the common understanding of the historical context of our time, a man of our structure himself understands the need for further development.

That's why AZOV has its own Officer School for training the military commanders in accordance with the standards of NATO, the training camp for new recruits who pass the final exam "Azov - Spartan," its own engineering group, which carries out repair and modernization of military equipment, Drone School as the "eyes" of intelligence, the volunteer group of foreign instructors with extensive combat experience, and Natiocracy School for political education of the activists of Civil Corps.

Previously, the name of "Azovians" was attributed only to the fighters of the combat unit, now the "Azovian" is a man of a new structure who represents a qualitatively new identity. Each "Azovian" carries a trail of the combat achievements of the military unit, social activism, political ambitions and ideological-political vector - the spirit of the military family AZOV.

http://fortruss.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/august-13th-2015-olena-semenyaka.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Short extract from the Fortrus article on Turchinov. What is it about middle aged men who can't be bothered to shave and think the resulting look is somehow 'cool'?

As previously reported by "Russian Spring" late last night the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko signed a decree on the entry into force of the secret decision of the NSDC of Ukraine dated July 20 "On urgent measures to neutralize threats to national security" ("classified").
    Judging by the rhetoric speech Poroshenko at the meeting of the National Security Council on July 20th, this decree includes a set of measures aimed not only against the People's Republic of LC and the DNI, but against Russia.
    This statement by Turchinov, as the head of the National Security Council, reveals the content of a secret decree.
    We also remind you that yesterday, Mr. Turchynov visited positions of MAT systems in Avdeevka, where there the soldiers described him as "a complete moron" . See link http://rusvesna.su/recent_opinions/1439534423

http://fortruss.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/turchinov-martial-law-if-russia-sends.html
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:10 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    When you click on a link and the site does not exist you get an error 404. On some Russian sites the name Ukraine is hardly used, only "country 404" Smile

Last edited by Khepesh on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:23 pm

how much mechanised units are in service with the Hahols .. when I mean units I mean how many Tanks, APCs, IFVs etc are in operable condition ... I haven't seen them use T-80s yet ... the video that I did see of them trying to service T-80's they looked in very bad shape
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:54 pm

Godric wrote:how much mechanised units are in service with the Hahols  .. when I mean units I mean how many Tanks, APCs, IFVs etc are in operable condition ... I haven't seen them use T-80s yet ... the video that I did see of them trying to service T-80's they looked in very bad shape

I estimate about 300 tanks left. They started out with about 600 tanks and must have lost half of them already. Will there be an offensive this year? Had NAF been given a free rein, NAF would have taken Kiev by now.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:09 pm

The fact that OSCE reports at Maidan media center and never at DPR media center is clear whose side OSCE is on. Kick them out Twisted Evil

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:35 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    When you click on a link and the site does not exist you get an error 404. On some Russian sites the name Ukraine is hardly used, only "country 404" Smile

Excellent thought. In future I may use that.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:45 pm

Godric wrote:how much mechanised units are in service with the Hahols  .. when I mean units I mean how many Tanks, APCs, IFVs etc are in operable condition ... I haven't seen them use T-80s yet ... the video that I did see of them trying to service T-80's they looked in very bad shape

With what engines? Most of the usable ones are either in Pakistan either in China. They haven't produced new Engines since 2009 for the Malaysian (?) tender. What they have is two dozen engines give or take.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Donetsk, Kievsky tonight https://vk.com/video34693578_172642435
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Khepesh wrote:Donetsk, Kievsky tonight https://vk.com/video34693578_172642435

28 impacts in 89 seconds. Time to dig OCSE out of their comfortable hotel and stick them in Gorlovka, sans helmets and vests.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:03 pm