Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
Godric
Erk
kvs
2SPOOKY4U
Flagship Victory
Viktor
Khepesh
Inetwarrior
VladimirSahin
Ispan
Dforce
Walther von Oldenburg
Chersonesus
BKP
GarryB
Rodinazombie
calripson
Werewolf
franco
Regular
Big_Gazza
auslander
Ruthenius
ExBeobachter1987
Ghoster
Boreas
Cucumber Khan
gregoire
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
KomissarBojanchev
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Cowboy's daughter
Odin of Ossetia
flamming_python
Project Canada
par far
JohninMK
sepheronx
whir
Neutrality
47 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Khepesh
    Khepesh

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  Khepesh Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:21 pm

BKP wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

20th Guards Army units will be stationed in Voronezh, Kursk, Orel, Tambov, Lipetsk regions (Hours away from #Ukraine & #Belarus).

Quick question for anyone who knows: In the RAF, does the term "Guards" still designate an elite or otherwise elevated-status formation as was the case in the SU? Thanks.
    Hereditary, they started life as 4th Tank army, then guards then to 20th
    auslander
    auslander

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  auslander Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Khepesh wrote:It all started again, various places from Mariupol to Lugansk, tho different to yesterday it seems Telmanovo is under Grad which did not happem yesterday. This time I'm not staying awake until 0300 Sleep

Don't worry, the night shift will here. Still no real time commo with Gorlovka. As an added plus it's been noisy all day in this AO, just now quieting down a tad.

Belay that last, two of 'em just flew over the digs at Warp 9.

Edit. I understand what the orcs are doing now.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:44 pm

auslander wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:It all started again, various places from Mariupol to Lugansk, tho different to yesterday it seems Telmanovo is under Grad which did not happem yesterday. This time I'm not staying awake until 0300 Sleep

Don't worry, the night shift will here. Still no real time commo with Gorlovka. As an added plus it's been noisy all day in this AO, just now quieting down a tad.

Clue in the clueless. Please. Embarassed
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Ivan Katchanovski
    16 mins · Edited ·
    Facebook

"It is alarming that some Western journalists, scholars, and policy-makers are embracing a nationalist version of Ukrainian history that resonates only with part of Ukrainian society and not at all with serious academic discourse in Europe and North America."

http://www.thenation.com/article/how-ukraines-new-memory-commissar-is-controlling-the-nations-past/

It was no surprise when in late 2014 President Poroshenko chose him as head of the Ukrainian Institute of National Memory, a government body originally created by then President Yushchenko to support research and forge a national memory policy. wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Fighting doesn't stop. Ukr. forces leveled village of Novolaspa with the ground | Eng Subs

Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Basurin says will not break Minsk at any cost. It seems to me there will be no NAF offensive due to Zackarchenko's injury which appears to be of the permanent kind.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:Basurin says will not break Minsk at any cost. It seems to me there will be no NAF offensive due to Zackarchenko's injury which appears to be of the permanent kind.
    So is the Minsk agreement the new Holy Bible?
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:Basurin says will not break Minsk at any cost. It seems to me there will be no NAF offensive due to Zackarchenko's injury which appears to be of the permanent kind.
    So is the Minsk agreement the new Holy Bible?

Will strictly adhere to Minsk. Reject all provocations. thumbsup
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Sorry, my lady, I should have been more clear. We both monitor the situations all day and evening. I'm good to around 02, she normally sleeps for a couple hours and takes over at 02. We both get up at dawn and discuss what happened and what we expect.

Belbek Aerodrome is but a few kilometers north of us. We can hear everything going on up. There has been a constant aircap for the last 48 hours and lots of other odds and ends taking off and landing. Things got quiet for a short time, then two Dry (Sukhoi) roared right over our house low enough to muss my little remaining hair and send a 30 kilo alpha male collie back to puppy time and quite desirous of climbing in to Daddy's shirt pocket.

The orcs are going to bombard and make feints to keep NAF on guard 24/7 in an effort to wear them down. Eventually the orcs will attack, assuming that NAF will be so used to the bombardments and feints they will let their guard down. It is a fool's errand, our boys will not fall for that ancient trick.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:52 pm

West is already providing air support for Syrian rebels. Maybe Russia should provide air support for Ukrainian rebels too?
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:57 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:West is already providing air support for Syrian rebels. Maybe Russia should provide air support for Ukrainian rebels too?

Russia good guy. Will not interfere in the internal matters of any country. Russia Ukraine brother nations. thumbsup
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:West is already providing air support for Syrian rebels. Maybe Russia should provide air support for Ukrainian rebels too?

Too obvious. It is better to provide the rebels with state-of-art heavy artillery and more UAVs.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:00 pm

auslander wrote:The orcs are going to bombard and make feints to keep NAF on guard 24/7 in an effort to wear them down. Eventually the orcs will attack, assuming that NAF will be so used to the bombardments and feints they will let their guard down. It is a fool's errand, our boys will not fall for that ancient trick.

Sleep deprivation? Two can play this game Sleep

Last edited by Flagship Victory on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:02 pm

auslander wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Sorry, my lady, I should have been more clear. We both monitor the situations all day and evening. I'm good to around 02, she normally sleeps for a couple hours and takes over at 02. We both get up at dawn and discuss what happened and what we expect.

Belbek Aerodrome is but a few kilometers north of us. We can hear everything going on up. There has been a constant aircap for the last 48 hours and lots of other odds and ends taking off and landing. Things got quiet for a short time, then two Dry (Sukhoi) roared right over our house low enough to muss my little remaining hair and send a 30 kilo alpha male collie back to puppy time and quite desirous of climbing in to Daddy's shirt pocket.

The orcs are going to bombard and make feints to keep NAF on guard 24/7 in an effort to wear them down. Eventually the orcs will attack, assuming that NAF will be so used to the bombardments and feints they will let their guard down. It is a fool's errand, our boys will not fall for that ancient trick.

Thank you, Sir.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:25 pm

BKP wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

20th Guards Army units will be stationed in Voronezh, Kursk, Orel, Tambov, Lipetsk regions (Hours away from #Ukraine & #Belarus).

Quick question for anyone who knows: In the RAF, does the term "Guards" still designate an elite or otherwise elevated-status formation as was the case in the SU? Thanks.

Guard titles are given for past unit military honor... ie a battle or a campaign. Then the unit is considered elite.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Sergey Bobkov ‏@sbobkov 2h2 hours ago

All the NATO saber rattling along #Russia's Western borders didn't go unnoticed. 20th Guards army is permanently moved to Western region.

Large troop contingents being redeployed to Russia’s western regions
    Russia
    August 13, 14:53 UTC+3
    Russia's 20th combined army in the Western Military District will be complemented with more units and troops from other military districts

http://tass.ru/en/russia/814207

The 20th Army already was at the Western border. It will give some of its units to the 1st Tank Army and then other units will be created or transferred to it. They will be stationed closer to the border.

Last edited by franco on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:32 pm

OMG! A battlefield commission cheers
    My mother will be so proud Very Happy
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Interfax news - Ukrainian military positions are shelled on contact line more frequently at night - headquarters

Yes dumb-ass, it cuts down on civilian causalities and is suppressive fire to you for shelling the civilians at night.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:49 pm

Time to supply NAF with some long range counter battery radars russia
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:31 pm

The night falls and so my watch begins...   yes sir russia
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Anyone know if this is real or fake?

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine-abroad/radio-free-europeradio-liberty-ukraine-posts-video-of-captured-russian-soldier-asking-for-putins-help-395710.html
    2SPOOKY4U
    2SPOOKY4U

Post  2SPOOKY4U Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:55 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:Anyone know if this is real or fake?

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine-abroad/radio-free-europeradio-liberty-ukraine-posts-video-of-captured-russian-soldier-asking-for-putins-help-395710.html

Well you are the one that posted this information...

Where is the video anyway?

Followed the link in the KievPost story, had no video embedded in RFE/RFL.

You do know that those are literally shill organizations?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:15 pm

If the Kiev regime claims of regular Russian army units engaged in combat in the Donbas were true they would
    have more than a handful of Russian POWs to parade around.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:09 pm

kvs wrote:If the Kiev regime claims of regular Russian army units engaged in combat in the Donbas were true they would
    have more than a handful of Russian POWs to parade around.

I am quite sure they could pay or blackmail Russian's to say they were from the Russian Army easy enough, they haven't even got that right, probably can't afford it.

Dforce

Post  Dforce Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:31 pm

2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:Anyone know if this is real or fake?

Well you are the one that posted this information...

Where is the video anyway?

Followed the link in the KievPost story, had no video embedded in RFE/RFL.

You do know that those are literally shill organizations?

Here is a video of him:

http://lugansk-news.com/captured-russian-officer-starkov-explained-how-and-how-many-russian-soldiers-get-recruited-to-fight-in-ukraine-full-transcript-of-the-video/

I guess it is quite easy to check up the details he is giving:

- Passport series 2203 and number 080912, issued on December 9 2002, by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Bor city in Nizhny Novgorod Oblast.
    - For 12 years I have been serving in Taiga where there were only 4 houses, a school and a kindergarten…
    - You get official position in 12th Command in Novocherkassk city (military unit created in 2014 as part of Southern Military District the Commander of 12th Command is Col. Bakhtiyar Nabiyev since July 25, 2014, see http://mil.ru).

EDIT: Here is the latest vid of him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVDCILef6E

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:34 pm