Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+54
Big_Gazza
The Mule
Cahaba
VladimirSahin
Walther von Oldenburg
whir
auslander
wilhelm
GarryB
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Monarchist
ExBeobachter1987
Morpheus Eberhardt
collegeboy16
max steel
Bolt
kap-the-head
medo
HardHawk
kvs
TheArmenian
gregoire
Nikander
Mike E
sepheronx
Boreas
Svyatoslavich
Flagship Victory
AlfaT8
Ghoster
Godric
Neutrality
par far
mack8
Regular
Khepesh
onwiththewar
Book.
OminousSpudd
2SPOOKY4U
flamming_python
BKP
PapaDragon
chinggis
Karl Haushofer
Werewolf
higurashihougi
Rodinazombie
Vann7
Mr.Comrade
franco
Erk
JohninMK
Cowboy's daughter
58 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #16

gregoire

The Situation in the Ukraine. #16 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #16

Post  gregoire Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:09 pm

higurashihougi wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:

No I hope this can be brought under control. Rampant prostitution in Moscow is a scary throwback to the Yeltsin years. Obviously no where near the same scale... But still a shame.

That's what women often do when they are poor from unemployment, the solution is not make them poor, give them jobs back in Ukraine. Kiev doesn't look like they are really working on that. Moscow could ramp up the casual workforce too as a stop gap, not sure how. Then there is always the chance the problem isn't as bad as the story makes out.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that the pimps, mafia and human traffickers usually catch Ukrainian women for prostitution. Is that due to social/economic/politic problems in that country ?

I heard human trafficking and prostitution was similar to ukrainian mafia. That bad. Really really bad. And now it got worse.
    whir

The Situation in the Ukraine. #16 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #16

Post  whir Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:13 pm

UNIAN via Google Translate wrote:Держборг України за місяць зріс на 7 мільярдів гривень
    National debt of Ukraine for the month increased by 7 billion
    25.06.2015 | 11:21

National debt is approaching 1.5 trillion USD

The total amount of public and publicly guaranteed debt of Ukraine on May 31, 2015 amounted to 67.661 billion USD., Which is 314 million USD., Or 0.47% more than in the beginning of the month, according to the website of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine.

According to the Ministry of Finance, the total public and publicly guaranteed debt in the hryvnia equivalent in May increased by 7 billion USD, or 0.49% - up to 1.424 trillion USD.

From the beginning, public and publicly guaranteed debt in foreign currency decreased by 2.151 billion USD., Or 3.08%, while the hryvnia equivalent, this figure increased to 323 billion USD, or 29.337%. Continue reading.

TASS wrote:Ukraine opposition wants Hague tribunal for those guilty of blockade in east
    World June 24, 20:49 UTC+3

"We have no choice — either Ukraine puts an end to war or war will put an end to Ukraine," the Opposition Bloc says in a statement

KIEV, June 24. /TASS/. Ukraine’s parliamentary faction Opposition Bloc on Wednesday expressed support for efforts of Russian, German, French and Ukrainian foreign ministers to achieve full implementation of ceasefire agreements reached in February and called on Kiev authorities to start carrying out its obligations under the deal signed in the Belarusian capital of Minsk.

"We have no choice — either Ukraine puts an end to war or war will put an end to Ukraine," the Opposition Bloc said in a statement.
    "Leaders of ‘the war coalition’ will be held accountable — to the extent of facing trial at the Hague tribunal — for sustaining the blockade of the Donbas region and stalling on the Minsk deal, which brings Ukraine new human losses every day," the statement said.

Members of the Opposition Bloc stressed that they supported the foreign ministers of France, Germany, Russia and Ukraine, who urged the conflicting parties to agree by June 26 on withdrawal of heavy weapons from the disengagement line.

At the same time, opposition deputies demanded that the Ukrainian authorities start implementing those points of the mid-February Minsk ceasefire which could be implemented unilaterally, noting agreement on granting "special status" to the country’s eastern Donetsk and Luhansk regions and ensuring amnesty, distribution of humanitarian assistance and restoration of trade and economic ties, as well as resumption of all social payments and decentralization of government.

"Starting today, these points of the Minsk agreements should be at the top of the agenda for all government bodies," according to the statement. Continue reading.

Franyk via Google Translate wrote:Ярослав Ободянський, який втік до Росії, написав у Фейсбуці про патріотизм, сім'ю та журналістів
    Jaroslav Obodyanskyy, who fled to Russia, wrote in Facebook about patriotism, family and journalists

Adviser to the Head of Ivano-Frankivsk Regional State Administration Yaroslav Educational Obodyanskyy, who fled to Russia, and asked for political asylum there, wrote an appeal in Facebook.

In his own page in Facebook network, there is a message in Russian, where he explains why it fled to Russia.

Full text published messages translated in Ukrainian language:

"For many of my act was, to put it mildly, incomprehensible. Few have tried to analyze something, most oburyuvalosya. I do not look for excuses. I still have a few questions that remained unanswered. Not sure if they satisfy the respected audience but all the same.

Why Russia?

Do not be surprised that any information made public by me in the media space in Europe, be dissolved in a stream of texts about Greece, African refugees lih and friend. In fact Europe Ukraine just as interesting map in the geopolitical solitaire. Russia, for different reasons: the flow of refugees, sanctions, kinship and other primarily interested in the normalization of the situation in Ukraine. Therefore, its media platform, even if miss all possible manipulation moves, here is open and information is not lost. I understand in this situation is not the most popular option, but other, more effective, was not. Objective was simple - stop the war, arrange and succeed.

On a family.

From the side it looks clear: left and dropped. Not so simple. First, I really cherish my family (my wife and 9 years together). Second, they knew nothing about my decision, and there is nothing to them because first come with questions, and so they do not know. In the third, I do everything as quickly as possible would have the opportunity to be all together again where it is safe and for that I do not have any exclusive conditions from the same Russia. Finally, if all the information about the situation in Ukraine, I voiced there, at best simply would have lost everything, and at worst would have repeated the fate Kotsaby, and so I have the opportunity to be with them again. Unfortunately it will take some time. Continue reading.

1-й Кировский Батальон ОМБ "ПРИЗРАК" wrote:Training shooting "Ghost"

Быль wrote:SBU raided in a convent
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:39 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:I refer to this article by Rostislav Ishchenko that is used as a template for a number of posts here and other places as to how the situation should unfold, and it does not include "merging" or letting Americans into Ukraine, but about all Ukraine returning to Russia. What Ishchenko writes can be taken as the "official - unofficial" plan in broad outline. It is against military action to achieve this, but any argument about that aside, the end result would be the same. Welcome home "congenital idiots" will be the cry at some time in the future?, or welcome home brothers who were led astray, and welcome to those who now sit in SBU prisons in Odessa, Dnepropetrovsk, Zaporozhia, Kharkov and other cities. http://cont.ws/post/95889

This is the kind of stuff I love to read. Very clear and to the point. Not that this should be taken as the "official" plan like you say but IMHO it comes very near to the position that Moscow takes. I wonder what lever the author is talking about when he mentions that Washington already developed a plan for a greater war. Transnistria maybe?
    Yes, Transnistria. I agree that Ishchenko's article is very good and I go with it almost 100% . But while bombardment continues it is flawed as his article is predicated on there being peace and it being possible to reasonably sit and wait. Just as it is easy to sit behind computer and call for war, so it is easy to say that the 500+ civilian deaths in Donbass this year are the "price to pay". Some want action now and everything to be done, tanks in Kiev etc, others want to do nothing at all. IMO, both are wrong in the current circumstances. VSN should be allowed to take necessary action to stop the bombardment of Donetsk and Gorlovka, and I believe this will happen soon and it will not cause WWIII, plague of locusts, death of first born or Volga to turn red with blood, tho an "exodus" of oligarchs with not Russian family names would be welcome....
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:40 pm

whir wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:I wonder if this qualifies as Ukrainian economic development?

Maybe we should ask good old Doc P.  for one of his legendary pie-charts? lol1

High supply = Low prices, you lucky caviar-munchin'  SOBs lol1

We should have STD emoticon... Very Happy
    Prostitutes from Rostov complaining about Ukrainian prostitutes driving down prices it's not a serious long term problem since it could be expected as a consequence of ATO but a surge in street prostitution in Moscow, St. Petersburg and other not bordering cities it's not something to laugh at for the short, medium and long term serious ramifications (organised crime, public health, poverty pockets, etc.).

higurashihougi wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that the pimps, mafia and human traffickers usually catch Ukrainian women for prostitution. Is that due to social/economic/politic problems in that country ?
    While those that do it on their own will mainly do it out of necessity, women that forcefully end up in prostitution rings usually do it because they're extorted and/or deceived into it.

Spain and Italy are the main destinations for Ukrainian women and most of those involved in organised prostitution can be divided in two categories. The first group usually consists of young women (many of them single mothers or with relatives suffering from health conditions) from poor regions looking for prospects to support their families. Human traffickers usually go after them because they can be indebted easily by advancing part of the money they need. Since they can't pay they're forced to accept working into foreign countries but this women rarely fulfil the requirements to enter legally in EU so they're smuggled into it and consequently further indebted. Taking advantage over their illegal status they're forced into street prostitution under threats to their family to prevent they can run away. The second group are usually students that are lured into traveling abroad by their own means for a nonexistent job that usually translates into being secluded into a brothel without outside contact, this group is also a lot more valuable for traffickers because they can make hefty amounts of money in a short period of time prior to being sent back to Ukraine.
    If this was in the West (like the UK), where some countries include this activity in their GDP, this would be a boost to the country's output!!!
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Really curious that Cassad has a video of TOS-1A on firing exercise and no context to the video, no comment, nothing. An error, or....
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:54 pm

Khepesh wrote:Really curious that Cassad has a video of TOS-1A on firing exercise and no context to the video, no comment, nothing. An error, or....

Heh, I remember Graham Philips' video in which he asks Motorola what kind of present he wants for his birthday. He said that the best present would be a TOS-1A Buratino Very Happy
    whir

Post  whir Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:57 pm

JohninMK wrote:If this was in the West (like the UK), where some countries include this activity in their GDP, this would be a boost to the country's output!!!
    Well, it's not like both Italy and Spain have not used prostitution and drugs shamelessly to cover budget deficit by increasing GPD a few percentage points Rolling Eyes.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:14 pm

Maidan reports 0 Maidan casualty yesterday.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:35 pm

You would think Goldman Sachs of all people would have some kind words... Razz  

Goldman Sachs Predicts Solvency Crisis, Default in Ukraine as Soon as July

Goldman Sachs Group has warned that Ukraine is facing a solvency and liquidity crisis, will likely miss its bond coupon payment next month and will enter into default.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150625/1023821976.html

“Ukraine will not make the July 24 coupon payment and, as a result, will enter into default at that point,” Bloomberg quotes Goldman Sachs analyst Andrew Matheny as writing in his research note on Ukraine.

The analyst also warned that Kiev will likely issue a moratorium on its foreign debt repayment plan, as it will fail to settle the disagreement with its creditors.

“We do not expect the ad hoc committee to accept Ukraine’s latest restructuring proposal.”

Ukraine has asked creditors to take a 40 percent write-down in principal and accept new bonds tied to its future economic performance under its repayment plan.

Finance Minister Natalie Jaresko is set to meet investors in Washington next week as she assesses the potential damage from a default, which would limit future access to global capital markets.

The creditors, who own some $9 billion of Ukraine’s foreign-currency debt, have so far opposed the state’s terms after three months of negotiations.

The creditors’ committee that is engaged in talks with Ukraine includes T. Rowe Price, TCW Group, BTG Pactual and Franklin Templeton investment funds.

The creditors offer “not to pay the principal sum until 2019,” instead of writing off the debts. At the same time, they showed readiness to participate in trilateral talks in Washington with the participation of the Ukrainian Ministry of Finance and the IMF.
    whir

Post  whir Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:43 pm

Sputnik wrote:Cash-Strapped Saakashvili Misses His Days Collecting Money From US
    EUROPE 10:12 25.06.2015(updated 12:08 25.06.2015)

The Odessa Region's governor Mikheil Saakashvili seems to thoroughly miss the days when he was working for the US, and, as if to boast how he lived before, the politician has posted a document on his Facebook page offering proof of his official salary.

Mikheil Saakashvili seems to be totally unsatisfied with the humble salary of a Ukrainian civil servant, albeit insisting that he hadn't taken his public sector job for the money, as “service for society is more important than any money”.
    This makes it all the more surprising that the politician has decided to reveal how much he used to earn from his former US employer.

His post in Facebook now says: “For those interested, my American salary amounted to almost $200,000 [annually] before my appointment to Odessa, plus the further income from lectures and public appearances.”

The claim is supported by a certificate issued in Washington DC and signed by former Georgian Ambassador to the US Temuri Yakobashvili, certifying that Mikheil Saakashvili has been employed at the New International Leadership Institute since May 1, 2015 with an annual gross salary of $198,000.

A certificate issued in Washington DC and signed by former Georgian Ambassador to the US Temuri Yakobashvili
    The certificate, as it says, was issued on May 15, 2015.

Interestingly enough, Saakashvili was appointed as the governor of Odessa Region on May 30, 2015. And on May 13, he was appointed head of the Ukrainian National Council of Reforms. So it remains to be seen whether he had the chance to receive at least one monthly salary from the US institute.

Earlier in June the apparatus of the Odessa regional administration revealed what Saakashvili is getting now at his current post: an equivalent of $267 a month, a little more than the official income of a Verkhovna Rada deputy.

A certificate of the apparatus of the Odessa regional administration revealing what Saakashvili is getting now at his current post

Saakashvili however hastened to explain why he has turned down his expected wages in the US:

“Me and my friends are coming to the civil service not for money,” he claims, “anyway, the service for the society is more important than any money. It is hard to explain in a society where people experience hardship that the civil servants should be paid more. But my strong conviction is that we should employ new, unblemished people and in a while, when the tax revenues go up, in other words, when the money goes straight into the budget and not into the pockets of the corrupt officials, we will offer them a decent salary; we wll simultaneously be able to raise pensions, build roads and better equip our armed forces.” Continue reading.

Sputnik wrote:When in Doubt, Take on Debt: Poroshenko to Sign Off on $2Bln EU Loan
    EUROPE 12:16 25.06.2015(updated 12:21 25.06.2015)

Poroshenko will have to approve the legislation today, according to the Ukrainian Parliament.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Draft legislation on the ratification of a memorandum between Ukraine and the European Union, which would see Kiev receive 1.8 billion euro ($2 billion) in loans from Brussels, was submitted for the Ukrainian president's approval Thursday, the Ukrainian Parliament confirmed on its website.
    "The law has been sent for the president’s signature," a statement on the parliament, known as the Verkhovna Rada, website reads.

Late in May, during the Eastern Partnership Summit in Riga, the European Union and Ukraine signed a memorandum of understanding and loan agreement for the third EU Macro-Financial Assistance (MFA) program for Ukraine.

The memorandum stipulates that the European Union will provide Ukraine with up to 1.8 billion euro in three equal tranches of 600 million euro. The program is expected to be implemented in 2015 and early 2016, according to the European Commission.

The conflict between Kiev forces and independence supporters in the country's southeast that erupted in mid-April last year has left Ukraine on the brink of a default. Ukraine's total debt is currently estimated at about $50 billion, of which $30 billion is external debt. Continue reading.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Khepesh wrote:......................................................
    Yes, Transnistria. I agree that Ishchenko's article is very good and I go with it almost 100% . But while bombardment continues it is flawed as his article is predicated on there being peace and it being possible to reasonably sit and wait. Just as it is easy to sit behind computer and call for war, so it is easy to say that the 500+ civilian deaths in Donbass this year are the "price to pay". Some want action now and everything to be done, tanks in Kiev etc, others want to do nothing at all. IMO, both are wrong in the current circumstances. VSN should be allowed to take necessary action to stop the bombardment of Donetsk and Gorlovka, and I believe this will happen soon and it will not cause WWIII, plague of locusts, death of first born or Volga to turn red with blood, tho an "exodus" of oligarchs with not Russian family names would be welcome....

I do not think that bombardment has any effect on validity of this strategy. Civilian lives have very little effect on geopolitics. Bombardment or not, plan is still in effect and the wait is on.

Shelling Donbass does not in any way improve Ukrainian chances of survival, you could even say that opposite is true. As long as war is on Ukraine remains, as Indians would put it, untouchable.

I agree that NAF should take out UAF positions to stop the shelling but I believe that this will be done as a part of bigger ops. And despite bluster, it is quite possible that NAF is still not ready to carry out such ops. It would still be a risky procedure and you do not want to risk troop's lives unless it is worth it.

What is just as important is that NAF and Russia make sure that, after this is over, all those scumbags who were shelling civilians, who gave orders to do so, those who stood by and all other assorted assholes get what is coming to them.    

This chaos started because 70 years ago commies decided to sweep crimes of local Nazis under the rug in order to "facilitate reconciliation" or some BS like that. Justice was not carried out and now you have this mess. Same thing happened in former Yugoslavia with same results.

This time Nazis, all of them, need to be erased from existence. Every last one of them. No exile, no prison. Bullet to the head rights all injustices.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Russia should give NAF long range counter battery radars and artillery to wipe out Maidan's artillery positions the moment they fire at cities. Doing so does not risk the lives of any NAF soldiers.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Maidan says NAF attacked a Red Cross convoy

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/unian-russian-separatists-attack-humanitarian-convoy-of-red-cross-mission-says-sbu-391988.html

Western media harping about Russian troops invading Ukraine. dunno

http://news.yahoo.com/lone-russian-activists-battle-prove-kremlin-troops-ukraine-114154682.html
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Vladimir Solovyov talks about Donbas

Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:41 pm

I do hope NAF gets a free rein to take towns and cities like FSA does in Syria. The best way to beat Maidan is through military operations rather than waiting and hoping for Maidan's economy to collapse.

Serbian volunteer Dejan Beric talks about situation in Donetsk. It's a good thing NAF is still in Marinka, contrary to Maidan's claim that NAF retreated from Marinka.

NAF fighters in trench near Marinka. Good think they have thermal viewers. NATO has sent like hundreds of thermal viewers to Maidan.

Last edited by Flagship Victory on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    par far

Post  par far Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:00 pm

PapaDragon wrote:You would think Goldman Sachs of all people would have some kind words... Razz  

Goldman Sachs Predicts Solvency Crisis, Default in Ukraine as Soon as July

Goldman Sachs Group has warned that Ukraine is facing a solvency and liquidity crisis, will likely miss its bond coupon payment next month and will enter into default.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150625/1023821976.html

“Ukraine will not make the July 24 coupon payment and, as a result, will enter into default at that point,” Bloomberg quotes Goldman Sachs analyst Andrew Matheny as writing in his research note on Ukraine.

The analyst also warned that Kiev will likely issue a moratorium on its foreign debt repayment plan, as it will fail to settle the disagreement with its creditors.

“We do not expect the ad hoc committee to accept Ukraine’s latest restructuring proposal.”

Ukraine has asked creditors to take a 40 percent write-down in principal and accept new bonds tied to its future economic performance under its repayment plan.

Finance Minister Natalie Jaresko is set to meet investors in Washington next week as she assesses the potential damage from a default, which would limit future access to global capital markets.

The creditors, who own some $9 billion of Ukraine’s foreign-currency debt, have so far opposed the state’s terms after three months of negotiations.

The creditors’ committee that is engaged in talks with Ukraine includes T. Rowe Price, TCW Group, BTG Pactual and Franklin Templeton investment funds.

The creditors offer “not to pay the principal sum until 2019,” instead of writing off the debts. At the same time, they showed readiness to participate in trilateral talks in Washington with the participation of the Ukrainian Ministry of Finance and the IMF.

The best thing Russia can do is try to get all the money that Ukraine owes Russia and start unrest in other regions, then divide up the country and their is no more Ukraine, then the EU, US and the ahole IMF are left holding the bag.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:13 pm

Maidan news reports life in the village of Tryohizbenka

Maidan news on Maidan soldiers near Donetsk airport. Notice that really old WW2 era machine gun. Shocked

Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Kuchma says Western sanctions on Russia are not working fast enough.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/kuchma-says-western-economic-sanctions-against-russia-arent-working-fast-enough-392001.html
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:35 pm

Kuchma should understand that they are not really working at all with reciprical effects.

Then again, Ukraine and economic knowledge are two things you wont find together in a dictionary.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:38 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:......................................................

I do not think that bombardment has any effect on validity of this strategy. Civilian lives have very little effect on geopolitics. Bombardment or not, plan is still in effect and the wait is on.

Shelling Donbass does not in any way improve Ukrainian chances of survival, you could even say that opposite is true. As long as war is on Ukraine remains, as Indians would put it, untouchable.

I agree that NAF should take out UAF positions to stop the shelling but I believe that this will be done as a part of bigger ops. And despite bluster, it is quite possible that NAF is still not ready to carry out such ops. It would still be a risky procedure and you do not want to risk troop's lives unless it is worth it.

What is just as important is that NAF and Russia make sure that, after this is over, all those scumbags who were shelling civilians, who gave orders to do so, those who stood by and all other assorted assholes get what is coming to them.    

This chaos started because 70 years ago commies decided to sweep crimes of local Nazis under the rug in order to "facilitate reconciliation" or some BS like that. Justice was not carried out and now you have this mess. Same thing happened in former Yugoslavia with same results.

This time Nazis, all of them, need to be erased from existence. Every last one of them. No exile, no prison. Bullet to the head rights all injustices.

agreed 100% PapaDragon especially the last sentence of your post
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:39 pm

Does anyone by any chance know what the 241 mark means? Twitter guy says it's Russian rail transport marking.

https://twitter.com/RobPulseNews/status/613776569572720640
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:Russia should give NAF long range counter battery radars and artillery to wipe out Maidan's artillery positions the moment they fire at cities. Doing so does not risk the lives of any NAF soldiers.
    I'm sure they have them, they certainly did in the winter as the photos proved. Most days Kiev reports some KIA/WIA so perhaps there is an element of it going on. DNR have certainly said after 'bad' incidents that they counter fired. We can be pretty sure that the weaponry is in place.

As said above, there will be an element of political control being exercised. There seems to be a concious effort by DNR/LPR not to be drawn into some kind of tit for tat battle that could inflame the front. Much better to take the punishment and watch Kiev slowly head into the financial abyss that is this summer.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Is Maidan able to manufacture artillery? If not, counter fire should eventually eliminate all of Maidan's artillery.
    Ghoster
    Ghoster

Post  Ghoster Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:01 am

OSCE is finally being somewhat useful. Looks like Kiev forces are preparing for something.

Despite claims that withdrawal of heavy weapons was complete, the SMM observed the following weapons’ movements and presence in areas non-compliant with the withdrawal lines. In government-controlled areas in the north of the Donetsk region, the SMM observed four main battle tanks (MBT) (one T-64 and three T-72s), one being repaired and three moving north. In government-controlled areas to the north-north-west of Donetsk city, the SMM noted a significant Ukrainian Armed Forces presence, and lines of defensive trenches being developed and strengthened. In government-controlled Novoselivka Druha (36km north-north-east of Mariupol), the SMM observed three military flatbed trucks carrying 120mm mortars, moving north. In areas in and around “DPR”-controlled Novoazovsk (39km east of Mariupol), an SMM UAV spotted four MBTs, 50 armoured personnel carriers, five artillery pieces and 69 military trucks.
    http://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/166856

OSCE being vague as always, doesn't actually name whose equipment it is in the last part.
    Ghoster
    Ghoster

Post  Ghoster Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:21 am

Inside Putin's secret 'troll factory': How mother turned whistleblower to reveal the secrets of shadowy propaganda unit where staff were told to call Obama a 'monkey' and Ukraine 'Nazis' online
    She described how armies of online foot soldiers pose as ordinary Russians to write hundreds of biased comments on social media.

They comment on topics such as sanctions, the Ukraine conflict, the seizure of Crimea, the shooting down of flight MH17 and assassinations of Putin enemies - like Boris Nemtsov -
    Shit, we're busted guys. What a Face

But seriously, is anyone in the West even stupid enough to believe this nonsense?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:49 am