Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Share

    marcellogo

    Posts : 70
    Points : 74
    Join date : 2012-08-02

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  marcellogo on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:50 pm

    At this point you would have the PAK-FA completed andproduced in scores way before of the MiG-35.
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 774
    Points : 776
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:58 pm

    Even if it's a new design the airframe is the same and is well known so the test will go fast, the test of the avionics however will go normally.

    They still need to test the engine and avionics for pak fa. Till today they don't have the engine and all the test with the prototypes were made for testing structure and materials. Some were made for testing the radar but they are far away from the final Pak Fa they want.

    avatar
    mack8

    Posts : 953
    Points : 1013
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  mack8 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:26 pm

    MiG-35 was oficially presented to president Putin:
    http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=2847620

    We now see bort 712, which is a two seater, apparently called MiG-35UB. Bort 702 was single-seater.
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 774
    Points : 776
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:39 am

    First test with RuAF

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10235
    Points : 10723
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  George1 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:55 am


    • All systems of the aircraft MiG-35 are of Russian development and production, including the the inertial system and helmet-mounted target designation system.


    • Serial purchases of the MiG-35 multirole fighter under the state arms procurement program will begin in 2019, President of the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) Boris Slyusar said Thursday.

    • He added that a presentation of the MiG-35 for potential foreign buyers will be held on January 27.


    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2398668.html

    https://sputniknews.com/russia/201701261050036409-russia-new-fighter/


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5672
    Points : 6321
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Viktor on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:40 pm

    So this settles wierd debate from the start about 30 or so MiG-35  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

    Also on Thursday, attending a demonstration flight of the fighter during a meeting of the Military-Industrial Commission, President Vladimir Putin clarified that upon the successful completion of state trials, the Aerospace Defense Forces will order their first batch of 30 MiG-35s, and will purchase 140 more in the coming years in order to completely upgrade Russia's fleet of light frontline aviation aircraft.

    https://sputniknews.com/military/201701271050083906-mig35-analysis-interview/
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 774
    Points : 776
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:42 pm

    Do they have a double luncher rail for missiles in Russia ? Like those we can see on F-15 which can carry 2 AAMRAM. There is space between the engine and the first pylon on mig-35 for 2 (even 3) R-77 instead of 1 which coud bring the total load to 8 R-77 + 2 R-73


    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5532
    Points : 5577
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Militarov on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:51 pm

    Isos wrote:Do they have a double luncher rail for missiles in Russia ? Like those we can see on F-15 which can carry 2 AAMRAM. There is space between the engine and the first pylon on mig-35 for 2 (even 3) R-77 instead of 1 which coud bring the total load to 8 R-77 + 2 R-73



    Not to my knowledge. There are few variants of "grape" holders for bombs, but even those are actually very rare in RuaF service.
    avatar
    archangelski

    Posts : 440
    Points : 463
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  archangelski on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:05 pm

    Isos wrote:Do they have a double luncher rail for missiles in Russia ? Like those we can see on F-15 which can carry 2 AAMRAM. There is space between the engine and the first pylon on mig-35 for 2 (even 3) R-77 instead of 1 which coud bring the total load to 8 R-77 + 2 R-73

    " />
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10235
    Points : 10723
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  George1 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:11 pm

    Official presentation of the fighter MiG-35

    Today [27 January 2017] in the production complex RAC "MiG" (part of the United Aircraft Corporation) in Lukhovitsy near Moscow hosted an international presentation of the latest modification of the famous light fighter MiG-29 - the MiG-35 aircraft 4++ generation.

    1. In the production hall you could see 3 of the MiG-35 in various stages of assembly (So more MiG-35s are under construction?)

    2. Externally, the MiG-35 is similar to the MiG-29K/KUB and MiG-29M/M2, but does not have a tail hook and folding wings

    3. The basis of the propulsion system of the MiG-35 - RD-33MK engines developed by JSC "Klimov" and made to MMP. VV Chernysheva.

    4. Russian VKS Commander VN Bondarev said that after the testing of the MiG-35 will come to replace the MiG-29.



























    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2399425.html



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    mack8

    Posts : 953
    Points : 1013
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  mack8 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:46 pm

    And another photo report, this time from the famous Marina Lystseva:
    http://fotografersha.livejournal.com/871861.html
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10235
    Points : 10723
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  George1 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:23 pm

    mack8 wrote:And another photo report, this time from the famous Marina Lystseva:
    http://fotografersha.livejournal.com/871861.html

    this article says that Defence Ministry plans to buy around 170 MiG-35s in total. This number along with the 52 MiG-29SMTs and 23 MiG-29Ks will bring the number of all new MiG-29 variants in RuAF at about 250 aircrafts


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    mack8

    Posts : 953
    Points : 1013
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  mack8 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:44 pm

    I was bewildered by that number myself, seeing how protracted the MiG-35 aquisition was over the last years. I don't speak russian, i have to look it again but i saw an excerpt somewhere and i have the feeling that while they indeed said something about 170 aircraft, perhaps they meant this would be the total number of light fighters, so logically the new MiG-29SMTs count against this total, that still leaving 120 MiG-35, and if the VMF MiG-29Ks are also included, still leaves 100 MiG-35 to be built into the 2020s, a respectable number if they will build this many. Certainly the existing 9.12s and 9.13s still in service in mostly second line badly need replacing as they are hopelessly perimated and even the youngest ones  are almost 30 years old.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1116
    Points : 1116
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:53 pm

    Compared to their enemies, that number is Fucking pathetic. They will need hundreds more just to be able to fight off NATO.....

    I sometimes wonder if the Russian MoD live in a fantasy land thinking their equipment is so good, that it can handle hundreds of F-35's with a single MiG-35....
    avatar
    mack8

    Posts : 953
    Points : 1013
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  mack8 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:17 am

    What is your uncalled for foul language and off-topic ranting has to do with "MiG-29/35 news"? If you want to discuss Russia vs NATO strategic situation, please do it in the apropriate section elsewhere on this board.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1116
    Points : 1116
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:50 am

    Its in regard to the procurement number of MiG-35 and the need for more. Quite fitting since you guys are talking about procurement number in first place.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2396
    Points : 2434
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  franco on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:40 am

    mack8 wrote:I was bewildered by that number myself, seeing how protracted the MiG-35 aquisition was over the last years. I don't speak russian, i have to look it again but i saw an excerpt somewhere and i have the feeling that while they indeed said something about 170 aircraft, perhaps they meant this would be the total number of light fighters, so logically the new MiG-29SMTs count against this total, that still leaving 120 MiG-35, and if the VMF MiG-29Ks are also included, still leaves 100 MiG-35 to be built into the 2020s, a respectable number if they will build this many. Certainly the existing 9.12s and 9.13s still in service in mostly second line badly need replacing as they are hopelessly perimated and even the youngest ones  are almost 30 years old.

    I don't see any plans for the long term replacement of the Su-25. Perhaps Mig-35's, Su-34 and Mil-28NM's dunno
    avatar
    Russian Patriot

    Posts : 1169
    Points : 2063
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 26
    Location : USA- although I am Russian

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Russian Patriot on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:47 am

    https://www.rt.com/news/375349-russia-mig-fighter-jet/

    Russia has launched flight tests of its latest lightweight fighter, MiG-35. The military aircraft, which has been constructed to be potentially equipped with laser weapons, will in the near future replace previous generation jets in the Russian Air Force.
    The new fighter jet by the Mikoyan Aircraft Corporation (MiG) can fly at speeds of over 2,700 km/h (1,700 mph) and reach heights of up to 17,500 meters (57,400 feet). Its strike radius is 1,000 km (620 miles), while it can be in action twice as long as previous generation fighters, as there is an option to replace the second pilot's seat with an extra fuel tank.

    "The 3,500 kilometers [2,175 miles] that MiG-35 is able to fly suits us very well," Russian Air Force Commander Viktor Bondarev has said.

    According to Bondarev, flight tests of the new fighter are expected to be completed in summer this year, right after which a contract to purchase 30 MiG-35 jets will be concluded between the Mikoyan corporation and the Russian Defense Ministry. "Then in a short while we will replace the whole fleet of lightweight fighters with such jets," he added, saying there are plans to purchase no less than 170 MiG-35 planes.

    At the international premiere of the fighter, which took place in the Moscow region on Friday, the head of Russia's Air Force confirmed that the new multifunction military jet will also be deployed in tests of laser weapons right after its flight trials are concluded.


    The MiG 35 aviation complex during presentation held at the MiG Russian Aircraft Corporation in Lukhovitsy, Moscow Region. © Ramil SitdikovRussia's latest MiG-35 fighter jet takes to the sky
    The president of Russia's United Aircraft Corporation has said that the MiG-35 is designed to use laser guns in the future.

    "The fighter is designed especially to carry out military tasks in conflicts of higher intensity, in conditions of high density of air defense," the head of the corporation, Yury Slyusar, said at a meeting in the Kremlin on Thursday. Saying that thanks to its new onboard equipment, which provides for a much lower radar signature, the construction of the MiG-35 "allows the use of both current and future munitions, including laser weapons."

    Russia's President Vladimir Putin has congratulated "the designers, engineers, workers and pilots" on the launch of the MiG-35 flight tests, which he called "an important event." During a video conference with the testing site, Putin also expressed hopes that the fighter will not only strengthen the Russian armed forces, but will also be in demand with international buyers.

    "Our other aircraft, the MiG-29, is actively used in more than 30 countries, with a good infrastructure and well-trained staff providing for the use of such Russian fighters," the president said.

    While the latest Class 4++ MiG-35 jets are being tested, the Mikoyan corporation will start developing new, fifth generation fighters, Russia's Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin has announced. So far, fifth-generation F-22 and F-35 aircraft are only deployed by the US Air Force.
    avatar
    Russian Patriot

    Posts : 1169
    Points : 2063
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 26
    Location : USA- although I am Russian

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Russian Patriot on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:48 am

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5024
    Points : 5132
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:55 am


    If they manage to keep production rate high and cost low, these will be great ''hole fillers'' for more quiet parts of Russia.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1116
    Points : 1116
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:59 am

    Russian Patriot wrote:https://www.rt.com/news/375349-russia-mig-fighter-jet/

    Russia has launched flight tests of its latest lightweight fighter, MiG-35. The military aircraft, which has been constructed to be potentially equipped with laser weapons, will in the near future replace previous generation jets in the Russian Air Force.
    The new fighter jet by the Mikoyan Aircraft Corporation (MiG) can fly at speeds of over 2,700 km/h (1,700 mph) and reach heights of up to 17,500 meters (57,400 feet). Its strike radius is 1,000 km (620 miles), while it can be in action twice as long as previous generation fighters, as there is an option to replace the second pilot's seat with an extra fuel tank.

    "The 3,500 kilometers [2,175 miles] that MiG-35 is able to fly suits us very well," Russian Air Force Commander Viktor Bondarev has said.

    According to Bondarev, flight tests of the new fighter are expected to be completed in summer this year, right after which a contract to purchase 30 MiG-35 jets will be concluded between the Mikoyan corporation and the Russian Defense Ministry. "Then in a short while we will replace the whole fleet of lightweight fighters with such jets," he added, saying there are plans to purchase no less than 170 MiG-35 planes.

    At the international premiere of the fighter, which took place in the Moscow region on Friday, the head of Russia's Air Force confirmed that the new multifunction military jet will also be deployed in tests of laser weapons right after its flight trials are concluded.


    The MiG 35 aviation complex during presentation held at the MiG Russian Aircraft Corporation in Lukhovitsy, Moscow Region. © Ramil SitdikovRussia's latest MiG-35 fighter jet takes to the sky
    The president of Russia's United Aircraft Corporation has said that the MiG-35 is designed to use laser guns in the future.

    "The fighter is designed especially to carry out military tasks in conflicts of higher intensity, in conditions of high density of air defense," the head of the corporation, Yury Slyusar, said at a meeting in the Kremlin on Thursday. Saying that thanks to its new onboard equipment, which provides for a much lower radar signature, the construction of the MiG-35 "allows the use of both current and future munitions, including laser weapons."

    Russia's President Vladimir Putin has congratulated "the designers, engineers, workers and pilots" on the launch of the MiG-35 flight tests, which he called "an important event." During a video conference with the testing site, Putin also expressed hopes that the fighter will not only strengthen the Russian armed forces, but will also be in demand with international buyers.

    "Our other aircraft, the MiG-29, is actively used in more than 30 countries, with a good infrastructure and well-trained staff providing for the use of such Russian fighters," the president said.

    While the latest Class 4++ MiG-35 jets are being tested, the Mikoyan corporation will start developing new, fifth generation fighters, Russia's Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin has announced. So far, fifth-generation F-22 and F-35 aircraft are only deployed by the US Air Force.

    if this is the case, then that may explain the smaller order numbers. Would make sense too since majority of components for MiG-35 are 5th gen, all they need now is the airframe for it. Buying the jets will subsidize Mikoyan to help build the next MiG aircraft.

    Russia is in desperate need of these aircrafts. But they are not cheap. MiG-35 is roughly $30M per aircraft from some figures while Su-35 is roughly $27M per aircraft so technically, this mig isn't cheap.

    HM1199

    Posts : 50
    Points : 52
    Join date : 2016-07-03

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  HM1199 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:14 am

    Guys there are things im not understanding .
    First , what is that optical locator about ? Is it an irst ? And what is up with the 15 km range ? Like , they reached 50 before and now 15 ? Idk mabe it works differently or the ranges are for different things , can someone explain?
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10235
    Points : 10723
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  George1 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:19 am

    "Thank God there are no large-scale armed conflicts now, only local, as in Syria. We need such aircraft, which would be able to solve the task," he said.

    https://sputniknews.com/military/201701271050065455-russia-su-35-syria/


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5532
    Points : 5577
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Militarov on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:15 am

    franco wrote:
    mack8 wrote:I was bewildered by that number myself, seeing how protracted the MiG-35 aquisition was over the last years. I don't speak russian, i have to look it again but i saw an excerpt somewhere and i have the feeling that while they indeed said something about 170 aircraft, perhaps they meant this would be the total number of light fighters, so logically the new MiG-29SMTs count against this total, that still leaving 120 MiG-35, and if the VMF MiG-29Ks are also included, still leaves 100 MiG-35 to be built into the 2020s, a respectable number if they will build this many. Certainly the existing 9.12s and 9.13s still in service in mostly second line badly need replacing as they are hopelessly perimated and even the youngest ones  are almost 30 years old.

    I don't see any plans for the long term replacement of the Su-25. Perhaps Mig-35's, Su-34 and Mil-28NM's dunno

    Didnt they say Su-34 will in next few years get its fully optimised CAS variant.
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 774
    Points : 776
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:13 am

    Militarov wrote:Didnt they say Su-34 will in next few years get its fully optimised CAS variant.

    It would be so stupid to do that, like replacing A-10 with F-35.

    Sponsored content

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:51 am