Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+45
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
ahmedfire
franco
max steel
sepheronx
Vann7
Hisroyalhighness
NationalRus
Brovich
d_taddei2
gregoire
Rmf
collegeboy16
As Sa'iqa
Mike E
Zivo
KomissarBojanchev
cracker
Viktor
mutantsushi
mack8
ExBeobachter1987
VladimirSahin
F-15E
Strizh
Nikander
Kimppis
etaepsilonk
GarryB
kvs
TR1
Hannibal Barca
Walther von Oldenburg
flamming_python
Morpheus Eberhardt
medo
Kyo
Airbornewolf
2SPOOKY4U
Firebird
George1
par far
Regular
arpakola
49 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

Post  higurashihougi Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:48 pm

Origial language is not English and I have to use Google Translate and try to guess the content.

http://www.argia.eus/albistea/ukrainako-batailoi-naziei-armak-ematen-dizkioten-gobernuak-dira-terroristak

(We are accused of) Explosives and weapons possession, murder, going against the interests of the Kingdom of Spain, participation in an armed struggle, Spain's neutrality violations and terrorism. All of them are false.

(...)

We are not terrorists. We were going to defend the civilian population in Donbass and we are proud of it. Terrorist are the goverments who supported the Nazis in Ukraine, like Spain. Weapons in the hands of the terrorists who have came into our homes. They have violated the neutrality of Spain. This neutrality, they scratched them before us, supporting NATO and Ukraine to finance the Nazi battalion.

(...)

I could not watch TV, but I am surprised. I do not have guns at home and I do not think anyone could have. We do not bring any weapons in the Donbass, and assembly is pure nonsense (...) my job has been published in the newspaper El Pais. We did not deserve this, our privacy has to be respected.

We will continue to work through the internationalism. Donbass people need our help more than ever.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

Post  sepheronx Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:54 pm

So with the US sending 500 - 800 airborne units to "train" PUke troops, what do you think will happen next?

The US is breaking the ceasefire agreement and ambassader to NATO from Russia did warn that they would go deal with Ukraine if there is threat from NATO, does this mean Russia will actually do something useful or eat their own words?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Russia will do nothing. Nothing in the open. Smile
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Regular wrote:Russia will do nothing. Nothing in the open. Smile

I hope they do something, cause this would mean that whatever Russia says, wont be backed up and they will be pushed around even more, or worst, invaded because they (nato) will call their bluff.

This can be real dangerous for Russia and Putin. If he sits idly by, eventually the nationalists and patriots may see him as weak. Which is somewhat the case. In my mind, Russia should provide openly equipment to Novorussians and training as well to combat the western forces. So how come in 2008, they invade and destroy Georgia but now not doing a thing in Ukraine? Sad really.

Anyway, hopefully they have other plans, cause anyone could see this a mile away. So hopefully they will now seek Novorussias independence from Ukraine, and build them up.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:39 pm

My last post was semi hysterical. 500 - 800 troops (1 batallion) isnt a lot to make a choice.

Anyway, can anyone tell me the size of the population of the novorussian territory in its current form?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 pm

Look at these animals. There's people who actually believe 'chimpanzees' can actually run a stable govt?

...btw inflation for the Hryvnia is over 270%!
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:33 pm

sepheronx wrote:So with the US sending 500 - 800 airborne units to "train" PUke troops, what do you think will happen next?

The US is breaking the ceasefire agreement and ambassader to NATO from Russia did warn that they would go deal with Ukraine if there is threat from NATO, does this mean Russia will actually do something useful or eat their own words?

Do you remember when the last time, about a year ago, "US" sent ~300 military personal to Ukraine what happened?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    I hope they do something, cause this would mean that whatever Russia says, wont be backed up and they will be pushed around even more, or worst, invaded because they (nato) will call their bluff
    Russia already got caught by Ukrainian ATO. Puyin promised to protect people in separatist areas. 1st speach after Crimea. Look it up.
    And good luck invading Russia. If whole NATO and ISAF couldn't handle Taliban for so many years.. NATO war against Russia would be won by... Chinese...

This can be real dangerous for Russia and Putin. If he sits idly by, eventually the nationalists and patriots may see him as weak. Which is somewhat the case. In my mind, Russia should provide openly equipment to Novorussians and training as well to combat the western forces.

Better to do it in open secret. Let west loose face with their open involvement.
    So how come in 2008, they invade and destroy Georgia but now not doing a thing in Ukraine? Sad really.
    Russia didn't destroy Georgia. It routed their army back to Tbilisi. Same could be done at the beggining of ATO. Only with airforce.
    hopefully they have other plans, cause anyone could see this a mile away. So hopefully they will now seek Novorussias independence from Ukraine, and build them up.
    Was Transnistria, South Ossetia, Abkhazia built up? Or it's still Kosovo like shitholes?
    I have a feeling eastern and western Ukraine will be equally stinking. One destroyed by war another by IMF.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:24 pm

Abhkazia is apparently doing well. South ossetia is different case. The thing is, it may have been the ambassader to NATO who made the comment about dealing against NATO, but if they want to be taken seriously, put up or shut up. I suppose Russia will up the supplies of goods to Novorussia when US troops arrive for training. More weapons and possibly training of their own. Ukraine is economically destroyed so regardless, it is a lose lose situation.

I dont believe in leaving these people out to dry. Russia could have solved this issue long ago by bombing the PUkes, and end up in same position economically and pollitically now as before, but with a proper ceasefire. So this pisses me off and the ones responsible for saying they would protect the eastern Ukrainians should be let go, even Putin.

That said, my question still stands: what is the total population of novorussia in its current form?

Edit: if Russia wants decent allies capable of protecting themselves mixed with reducing discontent internally, they need to build them up. Provide Russian industry so people work, and continue to buy their products.

Last edited by sepheronx on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:26 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:So with the US sending 500 - 800 airborne units to "train" PUke troops, what do you think will happen next?

Do you remember when the last time, about a year ago, "US" sent ~300 military personal to Ukraine what happened?

This is 1 batallion (500-800) soldiers, and they are planning to stay till summer.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:38 am

Austerity, Ukrainian version bounce bounce

http://uatoday.tv/politics/ukraine-s-government-brings-in-draft-of-new-budget-measures-to-secure-imf-bailout-412946.html

The price of "freedom" Laughing

http://uatoday.tv/news/ukraine-raises-natural-gas-price-for-public-413105.html

The National Commission for State Energy and Public Utilities Regulation has decided to raise from April 1 the gas price limits for the population by 3.3 times
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:32 am

sepheronx wrote:My last post was semi hysterical. 500 - 800 troops (1 batallion) isnt a lot to make a choice.

Anyway, can anyone tell me the size of the population of the novorussian territory in its current form?

I've read about 4 to 5 million. I could be wrong but that's how I remember it.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:32 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

This is 1 batallion (500-800) soldiers, and they are planning to stay till summer.

Well, those 300 were planning to participate in the fighting, but the outcome had nothing to do with their plans and everything to do with what Russia decided to do. Similarly in Georgia.
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:50 am

Ukraine ‘modernization agency’ to seek revival of war-torn economy

http://rt.com/news/237453-ukraine-economy-forum-vienna/

What do you guys think?

They are planning to get 300 billion... somehow. What are the prospects of (anti-Russian) Ukraine anyway? They are not going to become a member of EU anytime soon (or, more likely, never) and their economy has been totally dependent on Russia. They were like the poorest country in Europe to begin with and now the economy has totally collapsed. What a horrible mess. Atleast things can't get much worse... or can they?
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 pm

Kimppis wrote:Ukraine ‘modernization agency’ to seek revival of war-torn economy

What do you guys think?

They are planning to get 300 billion... somehow. What are the prospects of (anti-Russian) Ukraine anyway? They are not going to become a member of EU anytime soon (or, more likely, never) and their economy has been totally dependent on Russia. They were like the poorest country in Europe to begin with and now the economy has totally collapsed. What a horrible mess. Atleast things can't get much worse... or can they?

Ukraine is doomed. It will be worse than before. If the oligarch didn't already own everything, they'll own everything including man, woman and child. As I see it, without russia's help it will become a black hole of misery. Thing is, russia probably will help but not for "free". I bet they'll ask for reassurance of the EU to stay away from any such adventures in the future and neutralize their masters (the US) influence in foreign policy. That's how I think things should play out for ukraine (or The ukraine?) to have a shot at normalcy. In my not so expert opinion I think the ukraine should be broken up, de-loused (all nazis dead) and reprogrammed...which means piles and piles of more dead people, which I don't like to see either. This whole civil war was harrowing to say the least and I can't wait for it to stop. (and I'm not even a slav...or a rus) In short, the ukraine is the ball in the play between world powers and will be for a very long time, sadly, because russia won't loose and the west won't stop.
    cracker

Post  cracker Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:40 pm

"12 000 russian army troops in support of separatists" - white house.

thumbsup

so the US finally went full mental retards... no shame anymore. Well... anything will be tried now anyway, there are no limits anymore.

This kind of dog crap usually came from Ukr "authorities", left untouched by "serious" US / EU representatives... Only balts and PL reported these kind of jokes... now, USA too.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:11 pm

cracker wrote:"12 000 russian army troops in support of separatists" - white house.

thumbsup

so the US finally went full mental retards... no shame anymore. Well... anything will be tried now anyway, there are no limits anymore.

This kind of dog crap usually came from Ukr "authorities", left untouched by "serious" US / EU representatives... Only balts and PL reported these kind of jokes... now, USA too.

Not really, as they been claiming a lot of BS for a while. Trying to pass off grainy sat photos of Tractors as tanks and photos of Georgian conflict as Ukraine.

If there were 12,000 Russian troops in Ukraine, I think this war would be over, due to Ukraine horrid military performance.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:23 pm

gregoire wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:Ukraine ‘modernization agency’ to seek revival of war-torn economy

What do you guys think?

Ukraine is doomed. It will be worse than before. If the oligarch didn't already own everything, they'll own everything including man, woman and child. As I see it, without russia's help it will become a black hole of misery. Thing is, russia probably will help but not for "free". I bet they'll ask for reassurance of the EU to stay away from any such adventures in the future and neutralize their masters (the US) influence in foreign policy. That's how I think things should play out for ukraine (or The ukraine?) to have a shot at normalcy. In my not so expert opinion I think the ukraine should be broken up, de-loused (all nazis dead) and reprogrammed...which means piles and piles of more dead people, which I don't like to see either. This whole civil war was harrowing to say the least and I can't wait for it to stop. (and I'm not even a slav...or a rus) In short, the ukraine is the ball in the play between world powers and will be for a very long time, sadly, because russia won't loose and the west won't stop.

Ukraine wont be able to pull it off simply due to lack of skilled workers, and lack of a proper judical system, and heavy corruption. Look at Poroshenko's promise to end his business when he was to become president, yet he still owns it.

There has been many promises and as much as I believe there will be some gains, nothing that substantial will happen. Especially when majority of industries and resources that can pull this off are found in Eastern Ukraine, and how Eastern Ukrainians are now wanting to separate, it isnt looking good for them.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:18 pm

What do you guys think?

hahahahhahahaaaaa even Tsipras is not so fucking retard! There is no limit in how bad things can turn out!
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:49 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    gregoire wrote:

What do you guys think?

Ukraine wont be able to pull it off simply due to lack of skilled workers, and lack of a proper judical system, and heavy corruption. Look at Poroshenko's promise to end his business when he was to become president, yet he still owns it.

There has been many promises and as much as I believe there will be some gains, nothing that substantial will happen. Especially when majority of industries and resources that can pull this off are found in Eastern Ukraine, and how Eastern Ukrainians are now wanting to separate, it isnt looking good for them.

I agree. It doesn't look good to put it mildly.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:14 pm

cracker wrote:"12 000 russian army troops in support of separatists" - white house.

thumbsup

This is US 1984 style newspeak for 12,000 volunteers.   I can see there being this many since there were 5,000 last summer.

I don't see the US and NATO bitching about volunteers fighting in Syria or previously in Libya.

Also, I don't recall NATO bitching at the KLA (or UCK) in Kosovo for having thousands of volunteers from Albania.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:21 pm

sepheronx wrote:Abhkazia is apparently doing well. South ossetia is different case. The thing is, it may have been the ambassader to NATO who made the comment about dealing against NATO, but if they want to be taken seriously, put up or shut up. I suppose Russia will up the supplies of goods to Novorussia when US troops arrive for training. More weapons and possibly training of their own. Ukraine is economically destroyed so regardless, it is a lose lose situation.

I dont believe in leaving these people out to dry. Russia could have solved this issue long ago by bombing the PUkes, and end up in same position economically and pollitically now as before, but with a proper ceasefire. So this pisses me off and the ones responsible for saying they would protect the eastern Ukrainians should be let go, even Putin.

That said, my question still stands: what is the total population of novorussia in its current form?

Edit: if Russia wants decent allies capable of protecting themselves mixed with reducing discontent internally, they need to build them up. Provide Russian industry so people work, and continue to buy their products.

What Russia can do is that they can give all of the business they did with Western Ukraine to Abhkazia and South Ossetia and later to Eastern Ukraine(if that is what it is called).
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 26 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:46 pm

well it even looks like Janes Defence are giving some praise to Russia. Russian seem to be doing a good job (and they are) in Ukraine

http://www.janes.com/article/49469/update-russia-s-hybrid-war-in-ukraine-is-working?utm_campaign=%5bPMP%5d_PC5308_J360%204.3.15_KV_Deployment&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&elqaid=11848&elqat=1&elqTrackId=4493fdb8d087439c84f080b445bc9df1
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:56 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:well it even looks like Janes Defence are giving some praise to Russia. Russian seem to be doing a good job (and they are) in Ukraine

http://www.janes.com/article/49469/update-russia-s-hybrid-war-in-ukraine-is-working?utm_campaign=%5bPMP%5d_PC5308_J360%204.3.15_KV_Deployment&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&elqaid=11848&elqat=1&elqTrackId=4493fdb8d087439c84f080b445bc9df1

Janes is growing more disappointing by the minute. Instead of just focusing on military technology, do they really need get involved in to politics?
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:11 pm

Thinkin' (dreaming) what if that US batallion gets captured. Maybe exchanging it for equipment or some territorial gains would be a good option? That would require more determined RU stance - much more balls and determination.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:56 am