Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
kvs
As Sa'iqa
higurashihougi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Sujoy
cracker
dino00
EKS
Mindstorm
KomissarBojanchev
dionis
medo
nemrod
arpakola
flamming_python
mack8
Cyberspec
onwiththewar
ali.a.r
magnumcromagnon
etaepsilonk
TR1
GustavoHF
sepheronx
Firebird
fragmachine
Asf
Petro007
gregoire
Airbornewolf
Werewolf
Mike E
Stealthflanker
Viktor
Vann7
Big_Gazza
Regular
d_taddei2
AlfaT8
Flyingdutchman
TheGeorgian
Hannibal Barca
Feldmarszal
47 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #8

Werewolf
    Werewolf

The Situation in the Ukraine. #8 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #8

Post  Werewolf Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:29 pm

arpakola wrote:http://dni.ru/incidents/2014/9/2/279621.html
    Яроша нашли убитым под Иловайском  ??

I really hope so, would give free beer for you all if that is true.
    gregoire

The Situation in the Ukraine. #8 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #8

Post  gregoire Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    arpakola wrote:dni.ru/incidents/2014/9/2/279621.html

I don't think it's true since he'd never leave is comfy chair in kiev. And if true nothing would change. I even think it would strengthen the position of porky and yatsenyuk (I which I had a pun for that weasel's name). This yarosh is trying to topple both of them.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:12 pm

gregoire wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

I don't think it's true since he'd never leave is comfy chair in kiev. And if true nothing would change. I even think it would strengthen the position of porky and yatsenyuk (I which I had a pun for that weasel's name). This yarosh is trying to topple both of them.

I call him "Twatsenyuk". Which means "cunt" in English.
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Firebird wrote:
    gregoire wrote:

I like that one Laughing .
    twatsenstuck. Laughing
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:58 pm

gregoire wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

True it would not change much, but the fact alone a bastard nazi less is at least some justice. Watching bastards of the West running unpunished freely around like Tie eating coward, Bush,Rize,Clinton,Bush,Merkel,Bini Netanjew, Scharping the bastard who till this day says there was a Genocide by Serbians against Kosovo Albanians and the rest of those unpunished sociopaths and massmurders.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:10 pm

gregoire wrote:
    Firebird wrote:
    gregoire wrote:

I like that one Laughing .
    twatsenstuck. Laughing

I like to call him Yatsenpuke!
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    gregoire wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

True it would not change much, but the fact alone a bastard nazi less is at least some justice. Watching bastards of the West running unpunished freely around like Tie eating coward, Bush,Rize,Clinton,Bush,Merkel,Bini Netanjew, Scharping the bastard who till this day says there was a Genocide by Serbians against Kosovo Albanians and the rest of those unpunished sociopaths and massmurders.

Exactly, when they ended up killing more brown people in Iraq than serbs did during the civil war. Fuck them. Im glad Russia is getting sanctioned by them. I hope its an eye opener to the Russian retards to actually ignore the west and do as they please. This in turn will do better for Russia than being a lapdog.

Start with sending real weapons to the rebels.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:31 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-01/ex-nsa-director-us-intelligence-veterans-write-open-letter-merkel-avoid-all-out-ukra

Seems there are still intelligent people left in the west.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:31 pm

A single MSTA-S with GPS guided ammunition and russian Intel could be not only devastating but also open entire fronts with minimum of own casualties.
    Or at least several Nonas which GPS guided ammunition would be actually even better to spread it around.
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Cyberspec wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:I can't stand this faggots who come by waves and ask whether Russia supplied this or that. We don't care, actually we complain why they don't supply the very best in unlimited amounts. And no we don't care if they shoot you out of USA taking your green card, you are cleaning stairs anyway.

Absolutely! (gets my vote)

The Novorus forces should have been better armed right from the start instead of playing silly diplomatic games....but the supply situation is getting a lot better. Looks like they wanted to force Strelkov out first.

http://cassad-eng.livejournal.com/16909.html
    On Political Underpinnings of Strelkov's Harassment

As it is quite obvious, the campaign of harassing Mr. Strelkov that was launched yesterday did not come from nowhere and has a purely political genesis. Leaving Slavyansk, where as many expected he would perish together with his brigade, he became a so-called "wildcard", which ruined a number of the previously existing scenarios.

Actually, the political rationale of leaving Slavyansk was even more significant than the military one. If the military necessity was already discussed in detail before, then the time has come to point at the political underpinnings of Mr. Strelkov's maneuver.
    After the turn of the foreign policy line of the Russian Federation in Ukraine in April 2014, virtually all decision pathways on Donbass started to pass through Mr. Surkov, and even Mr. Volodin was de-facto dismissed from supervising this question. After it became obvious that the military intervention is either delayed or is altogether off the table, the question arose on the topic of what to do with what was going on in Donbass. Because due to domestic political considerations dumping the DPR and the LPR was likely to cause internal turmoil (the risk of which is quite a lot higher than it may seem to some), an intermediate variant was chosen, where on the background of the retreat of the official diplomacy, Moscow continued to support the rebellious republics covertly (which the propagandists later passed off as the Putin's Clever Plan).

In doing so, the course was chosen towards forming Novorossia, which, according to the plans, was to be headed by Mr. Tsaryov, who, being in Moscow, started to receive funding (together with a number of other people, which would substitute him in the case of a failure) and on whom they tried to lock in the so-called people's governors of Novorossia totaling up to 7-9 people, who were for the most part virtual figures. The first attempt to implant Mr. Tsaryov into Donbass failed – Mr. Tsaryov announced Novorossia, but a number of characters like Mr. Bolotov and Mr. Borodai announced that Tsaryov can proclaim whatever he wants for himself, but the decisions are made by other people, after which the argument between them ensued with accusations of fraud thrown at the local leaders. From the second attempt, Mr. Tsaryov was finally seated into Donbass, because Moscow locked a part of funding and humanitarian aid channels on him and the local leaders were forced to trample on their pride.

After the development of the situation in Donbass started to follow a negative direction, due to the assist from the USA, who ensured the cover for the junta, the course was taken toward creating a peculiar analog of Transnistria on the territory of the DPR and the LPR based on 2 republics with a population of 7 million (the idea of Novorossia that consists of several regions became a propaganda phantom after a certain point).

They tried to negotiate the creation of this project with the USA and Kiev, but were refused, which is why the course was taken towards an agreement with Mr. Akhmetov and his people, which were offered, under assurances of power and property, to support the rebellion and take certain positions within the structures of the new state. All of these dances around nationalizing Mr. Akhmetov's property, when Mr. Pushilin first threatened to seize everything, and then Mr. Borodai appeared and said that we are no communists and won't seize anything, and then new threats – we'll seize anyway, no matter if not everything – all of this were the external echoes of the ongoing bargain with Mr. Akhmetov and his people. The surrender of Mariupol, in which Mr. Akhmetov had his finger in by blocking the coherent work on preparing the city defense, this was so to say a part of the "dialog". The story of Mr. Khodakovsky, who while already being the commander of "Vostok" continued to take money from Akhmetov and betrayed his people, was also a part of this behind-the-scenes haggling, when Akhmetov in essence was getting rid of uncontrollable militia fighters so that they wouldn't start building the DPR for real.

The problem of the DPR is essentially that Mr. Akhmetov still has significant influence on the DPR leadership and Donetsk elites. Moscow takes this moment into account and tries to (through Mr. Surkov and a number of authorized people) negotiate with him. But the junta and the USA are, of course, aware of these gestures and Mr. Akhemtov, whose financial capital is located in the West, is held by his private places much firmer. Therefore, these bargains are not bringing the liberation of the DPR and the LPR closer, even though the curators of the Ukrainian question seriously think that their plan with Mr. Akhmetov will work out.

It is precisely due to these bargains with Mr. Akmetov, who has contacts with both Moscow and Kiev, that Donetsk, being in the state of war, effectively is not subject to shelling and airstrikes (unlike, e.g., Luhansk), which suggests the existence of certain agreements with the junta on the topic of keeping Donetsk away from the real combat, which went on under Slavyansk and goes on in the territory of the LPR. The contacts, of course, are carried out through Mr. Akhmetov's representatives, who are accepted in both Kiev cabinets and in the cabinets of the DPR leadership.

Meanwhile, the work on creating a joint military command was sabotaged for 3 months in Donetsk, the fact of the existence of the authorities that report to Kiev was ignored, the nation building is flushed down the toilet, the militia squads are fragmented, weakly organized, and incapable of solving tasks of the offensive nature – the fact that over May-June the groups for striking at the external encirclement ring in Slavyansk weren't organized is the best evidence of the unwillingness of a number of people to wage war for real.
    In Donetsk the following thrived: looting, banditism, murder, protection rackets, the murder of Mr. Pushilin's aide, an attempt on Mr. Gubarev's life, the militia are screwing around near the airport for more than a month, no serious force for capturing the tank warehouse in Artyomovsk was deployed, even though nothing prevented them from moving the available tanks and IFVs from Donetsk into Artyomovsk, add 2-3 militia companies to them and finally take the desired base. This moment was also torpedoed from Donetsk.
    By the time of the end of the truce, the situation that formed in Donetsk was close to the dump of the DPR, the city effectively avoiding war, and the local politicians tried to negotiate with both Moscow and Kiev, where the DPR itself was in essence a bargaining chip, actually as well as the population of the DPR, which became hostages of this bargain.
    Mr. Strelkov in Slavyansk was supposed to perish beautifully, away from this political shit.

But in July, when it became clear that the "truce" was used to concentrate the junta's forces in Donbass, the defeatist party started to gain strength in Donetsk, which, while not stopping the negotiations with the Kremlin representatives, effectively started to prepare the city for surrender through Mr. Akhmetov's people. They didn't need war and they didn't need Mr. Strelkov even more – therefore as the junta was cutting off supply lines for Slavyansk, until he was hanging on Nikolayevka alone – nobody wasn't even thinking about piercing a robust corridor to him. The military intervention from the Russian Federation was not expected (and Slavyansk was, in essence, held just for it, as an important communications hub), neither was the blockade-lifting strike. By the evening of July 2nd Mr. Strelkov understood that, although judging from his announcements, the understanding of being prepared for slaughter emerged in him somewhat earlier. Plus, the information about the growing treachery in Donetsk was obtained.

When the rapid breakthrough of Mr. Strelkov into Donetsk occurred, it caused a minor shock at first, and then panic – Mr. Strelkov gathered the garrisons of the abandoned cities and came into Donetsk, in order to create a fortified district out of it and conduct active defense relying on Donetsk and Gorlovka. That is, he ruined the plans of peacefully surrendering Donetsk to the junta. From here comes Mr. Akhmetov's aggravated crying of "don't bomb Donetsk". Of course, this brings war into Donetsk, because there was a sustained desire to surrender Donetsk to the junta without war and bury the DPR. With this fact, the Strelkov spoiled the whole game for the defeatists, and also ruined Mr. Surkov's combinations on negotiating with Mr. Akhmetov, in which Mr. Strelkov simply had no place. No place for two reasons.

1. Mr. Strelkov represents the notational "party of war", which doesn't want peace with the junta and demands war until victory with raising a victory flag over Kiev.  There is simply no place for him in backstage talks with the junta and Mr. Akhmetov – fighting inside the Donetsk agglomeration will obviously lead not only to the prolonged confrontation, but also to major destruction, which will touch the numerous property of Mr. Akhmetov as well. This is not something he expected when he was flirting with the DPR, injecting his people there.
    2. Mr. Strelkov, due to his right-wing monarchist beliefs is no stranger to right-wingers, nationalists, and even semi-fascists like Mr. Prosvirin, accepting aid from everybody who provides it, without being very selective and by the principle – give all - take all. Mr. Surkov and Co. don't need the right-wing Novorossia with a nationalist spirit, which some characters try to attach to Mr. Strelkov's image, who openly supports Putin and doesn't propose any state projects from his own name, although he was already ascribed the intent of capturing Rostov and march on to Moscow, which is obvious and utter BS.
    People like Mr. Akmetov, Mr. Medvedchuk, Mr. Tsaryov, to whom in the case of creating "Donetsk Transnistria" power will be delegated, are much closer to a person like Mr. Surkov. People's people, like Mr. Mozgovoi or Mr. Gubarev are unlikely to have access to making the crucial decisions – these figures are more likely to scare those who are used to "deciding" everything in a close circle of "their own".

Also, the authorities are starting to scare themselves with a "patriotic Maidan", which is precisely the consequence of the course towards creating the "new Transnistria" pursued by Mr. Surkov through negotiations with Mr. Akhmetov. Those who yesterday were the members of the pro-Putin consolidated majority don't understand and don't accept the changed political course and first start to ask questions, then search for somebody to blame, and sooner or later they find the Kremlin. That is, it must be understood, that it is precisely this policy which destroys the pro-Putin majority and creates the threat of the "patriotic Maidan", which is only a potential consequence of the "Donetsk machinations" of Mr. Surkov. And here there is nothing new – it is worth reminding how the analogous "clever" combinations of Mr. Surkov in the domestic policy already caused mass turmoil in Moscow after the elections of December 4th, 2012, after which he was thrown out from the position of the curator of the domestic policy and after which Mr. Volodin came with his United People's Front and over less than a year arrested Mr. Surkov's disaster, moving the percentage of Putin's supporters from the official 36% in January 2012 to 86% in April 2014.

Now, apparently, history repeats itself – Mr. Surkov is starting to overplay it and exposes not only the DPR, but also Putin himself, by splitting the very "post-Crimean" pro-Putin majority, throwing out a fraction of patriots into the opposition, and constructing the paper tiger of "patriotic Maidan" out of yesterday's Putin supporters, which may be used by the Americans on the occasion, if they seriously start solving the question of organizing the real "Maidan". That is, in essence, by crying about the "threat of patriotic Maidan", the hurrah-guardians prepare the foundation for it by splitting the post-Crimean pro-Putin majority. This is, certainly, quite obvious for certain circles in Moscow, which is why Mr. Strelkov was, of course, warned about the situation that was forming in Donetsk. He shouldn't be imagined as some kind of Don Quixote. Therefore, when Mr. Strelkov's suspicions were augmented with the information about what was going on in Donetsk, the rapid breakthrough into Donetsk was organized, in order to nip the defeatist party in Donetsk in the bud, which threatened the very existence of the DPR with the following surrender of the whole Donbass and with a potential consequence – a revolution in the Russian Federation in the style of "Russian revolt lite".

Mr. Strelkov, having left the blockade under Slavyansk, already caused a partial exodus of the potential helpers in the dump of the DPR and the potential bargain with Mr. Akhmetov from Donetsk – the former commander of "Vostok" Mr. Khodakovsky, who was on Mr. Akhmetov's payroll (but who regularly travels in and out of Moscow anyway), departed Donetsk into the undisclosed location (into Mariupol, according to the rumors), the Ukrainian authorities, which quietly existed in Donetsk prior to Strelkov's arrival, also bid a hasty farewell, the military units that were previously not captured were cleansed, and today the Donetsk mayor Mr. Lukyanchenko suddenly departed the city into Kiev "for consultations". That is, Strelkov (at the probable suggestion of certain circles in Moscow) simply destroys the base of the collusion between the junta and Mr. Akhmetov, because surrendering the city together with a bunch of militia fighters who fight the junta will be unlikely, and Mr. Strelkov has one of the largest groups of armed men and a significant authority among the population of the DPR and the militia. This authority needs to be rapidly dismantled, because he is now becoming a threat for the policy being conducted.

This is why the propaganda campaign of "Strelkov-traitor" was launched, when various hypocrites try to throw mud at Strelkov, trying to save the crumbling combination of Mr. Surkov and Mr. Akmetov and Co. In this respect, of course, it is not worth focusing on Mr. Kurginyan and Mr. Bagirov, they are only the talking heads, which deliver a certain message related to the disappointment with the survival of Mr. Strelkov and his not allowing to "plot" in Donetsk in the style of "and then the forester came and told everybody to go home".
    The hysterical nature of the campaign, which started at Mr. Kurginyan's suggestion (who became the initiator, but not the organizer) showed well that it was hastily prepared, that is why it ended up so unconvincing, and Mr. Kurginyan has finally become a complete joke – his allegations against somebody who held Slavyansk for 3 months against overwhelming odds and provided sufficient time to create a state, which due to those who are now scattering out of Donetsk and those who feel uneasy in the light of the arrival of Strelkov's men, wasn't created. In this respect, the lies of Mr. Kurginyan that "in Donetsk everything is OK" are also revealing, considering that Donetsk was on the border of betrayal and surrender.

If Mr. Strelkov's reputation won't be ruined, then of course they'll try to kill him, just like they already tried to kill Mr. Bolotov and today tried to kill Mr. Mozgovoi, who represent the "party of war". These people interfere with collusion and surrender, which is why they have to be either defamed or eliminated. In this respect, those characters who are now trying to throw mud at Mr. Strelkov in essence play into the junta's hand and into the hand of the defeatist party, which are preparing the surrender of Donetsk and the backstage collusion with Mr. Akhmetov. The question of what's more there – the material interest or the ideological convictions, is purely rhetorical. The internet dummies who picked up this wave represent only consumables of big politics, which is performed behind the backs of those militia fighters, who heroically fight against the superior junta forces every day.

Mr. Strelkov should not be idealized, he is not likely to become a decent statesman, and his ideological convictions are, frankly, quite special, but the thing is that by his actions under Slavyansk and by the efforts of the Russian propaganda, he turned from an unknown reconstructor into a serious political figure, behind which there are many armed men. He has to be reckoned with, he is being afraid of, and of course they will try to eliminate him – both the Ukrainian fascists and the Russian defeatists.
    Here it must be understood that Mr. Strelkov is one of those on whom the real and not the virtual DPR is based on. The strike against people like Strelkov, Gubarev, or Mozgovoi is primarily a strike against the real DPR, where there is no place for Akhmetov, Khodakovskiy, or Medvedchuk. That is why the current situation around Strelkov is so revealing in the sense of uncovering the hidden enemies of the real independence of the DPR. So, please record the surnames and the nicknames of these characters, who act as the DPR undertakers voluntarily or out of ignorance. One has to know one's enemy.

http://cassad-eng.livejournal.com/18814.html
    Alexander Dugin
    As expected, Khodakovsky took up defensive positions at Makeev Coal building. The fighters who are loyal to Novorossia leave the "Vostok" battalion. Only the people close to Khodakovsky and the people from SBU remain behind him. This is a revolt against the DPR. Kurginyan was a part of the plan. One more trial. Igor Strelkov, stick it!

Earlier he wrote: "There is information that Khodakovsky refuses to participate in the defense of Donetsk and to obey Strelkov."
    http://voicesevas.ru/news/yugo-vostok/2619-voyna-na-yugo-vostoke-onlayn-09072014-hronika-sobytiy-post-obnovlyaetsya.html – link (in Russian, there is also the online broadcast on "Voice of Sevastopol" of the events in Donetsk on 07/09). The information is confirmed by Novorossia agency http://www.novorosinform.org/news/id/2419 (in Russian), which also adds its own remark – Military opposition to the republican command revealed a traitor and a provocateur in Mr. Khodakovsky.

PS. On the topic of Mr. Khodakovsky we inquired from our people in Donetsk, we are waiting for the confirmation.
    It is interesting that when yesterday in his interview Strelkov mentioned the "Vostok" battalion, then he said that "Vostok" is fighting under Snezhnoye and fights well and the commander is well up. But he didn't say the name, if Mr. Khodakovsky indeed sits at the Makeev Coal, then this means that a different person leads the "Vostok" that actually fights.
    Regarding Mr. Dugin himself, representing the "party of war" recently suffered for it – the monsters took away his chair in the university, furthermore he named Surkov http://www.nakanune.ru/news/2014/6/11/22356410/ (in Russian) as the main guilty party in his misadventures , whose course related to Mr. Akhmetov is precisely serviced by Mr. Kurginyan in Donetsk using the protection by people of Mr. Khodakovsky (the majority of whom now fights under Snezhnoye), which miraculously is closely linked to Mr. Akhmetov. It must be mentioned that the humanitarian aid that Mr. Kurginyan shipped into Donbass ended up exactly in Mr. Khodakovsky's hands.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:37 pm

huyakt! Ear is gone.
    Life is not easy for some POWs(rapist in this case?) in Donbawe and Luganda
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Regular wrote:

What rapists?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Regular wrote:

What rapists?
    The guy who got his ear cut attacked a girl aged 12.
    http://sharij.net/1284/
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Regular wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Regular wrote:

What rapists?

Well then the guy cut the wrong part off.
    Flyingdutchman
    Flyingdutchman

Post  Flyingdutchman Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:39 pm

Laughing
    Werewolf wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Regular wrote:

What rapists?

Well then the guy cut the wrong part off.

Laughing i agree!
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Even the despicable curs at CNN are starting to admit the horrors of the Ukr regime indiscriminate assault on DPR/LPR:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/02/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I don't for one minute believe they are sincere however, as they are nothing but slimy, immoral pressitutes in the service of their corporate masters and the US Deep State, but they must really be loosing the publics trust if feel that they are forced to start telling some truth...
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:06 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:Even the despicable curs at CNN are starting to admit the horrors of the Ukr regime indiscriminate assault on DPR/LPR:

I don't for one minute believe they are sincere however, as they are nothing but slimy, immoral pressitutes in the service of their corporate masters and the US Deep State, but they must really be loosing the publics trust if feel that they are forced to start telling some truth...

They (CNN) have sold their soul to the devil. I will always see them as they are; whores.

Last edited by gregoire on Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:15 pm

CNN operates CIA agents since years that is known have posted that several times with investigation somewhere in 80/90s about CNN used as CIA's opinion making tool. Today this counts for almost every bigger source, i usually stay with ex MSM journalists that are now small but with lot of insider knowledge and connections that survive on donations mostly, not some government or corperate media owned by some companies.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Can anyone give me a quick latest update on situation ? Everyone on my side are saying "EVIL RUSSKIES SEND TANKS AND 15000 TROOPS OR MOAR TO POOR UKRAINE" or "MOAR SANCTIONS...NATO KNIGHTS ARE ON LE_MOVE"

I would love to browse far back here but it seems this thread somewhat cluttered with unecessary political stuff, racial things.. covering up stuff one actually need to read.

I don't watch TV or read newspaper (except local news) now (Let alone those CNN or Fox shits..My cable decoder went broke..Maybe i should thanks for that :3)
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:17 pm

US Troops Are Heading To Ukraine
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-02/us-troops-are-heading-ukraine

While it faces a civil war. Good luck. But if they decide to get involved, I wont be sad if any of them die.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:20 pm

sepheronx wrote:US Troops Are Heading To Ukraine

While it faces a civil war. Good luck. But if they decide to get involved, I wont be sad if any of them die.

Here comes the inevitable... I knew this would happen from day 1!
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:28 pm

Mike E wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:US Troops Are Heading To Ukraine

Here comes the inevitable... I knew this would happen from day 1!

Dont be alarmed as it is only about exercuse. But why allow a nation whom is shelling its own people, join a peacekeeping exercise?
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:34 pm

President Ilves: Estonia Wants Permanent NATO Bases
    MOSCOW, September 2 (RIA Novosti) - Estonia would like permanent NATO bases to be set up on its territory, Estonian president Toomas Hendrik Ilves told reporters on Tuesday.

“NATO countries should not be divided into different levels, where some have permanent bases and some don’t,” Ilves said during a press conference in Oslo, Norway.

According to the president, NATO bases in Estonia would reduce the fear of potential threats from neighboring Russia.

NATO has been strengthening its military presence in Eastern Europe following the escalation of the Ukrainian crisis this spring. The alliance is expected to unveil further plans for the expansion of its military infrastructure during the summit in Wales on September 4 and 5.

Russia has repeatedly expressed concern over NATO’s increasing military presence in its neighboring states.
    http://en.ria.ru/world/20140902/192569242/Estonia-Wants-Permanent-NATO-Bases--President-Ilves.html
    Russia should keep an eye on the Baltics, and by keeping an eye, i mean reinforce there nearby military bases. Neutral
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Yeah, even more NATO expansion only means one thing...
    dionis

Post  dionis Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:52 am

NATO has been expanding anyway. Why not just place some nuclear armed Iskanders near the border and point them right at the new permanent bases? Hopefully the Estonians, et al. will feel really safe knowing there are some dedicated ballistic missiles looking right at them. Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:56 pm