Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+82
Isos
Jokerpawn14
kvs
miketheterrible
Biggie
MechanizedOne
Borschty
leejee
Arn0ld
TsarOfBaghdad
nerovergil
PapaDragon
vitalyivanovvdv
KGBeast
Kolya
mehdi
StreetRanger
ult
Crisvb3965
par far
2SPOOKY4U
franco
Captain Nemo
Book.
suzu
Kyo
mx109
Werewolf
Hannibal Barca
Mike E
magnumcromagnon
Viktor
Swede55
Karkota
George1
ThatItalianGuy
Airbornewolf
Morpheus Eberhardt
CyricDamascus
macedonian
aar88
Mamut
mutantsushi
Asf
Firebird
sepheronx
VladimirSahin
j.mac
AlfaT8
mig7
Vann7
Jyshky
etaepsilonk
collegeboy16
TR1
Admin
As Sa'iqa
Regular
calripson
Ak103
BTRfan
mbwilding
Pirate
Cyberspec
Pugnax
ssk1777
Legionary74
KomissarBojanchev
SWAT Pointman
YuriBierazo
Russian Patriot
GarryB
flamming_python
Mr.Kalishnikov47
Jame2702
lorenzopopov
Gagydza
Pervius
NationalRus
Wan2345
Andrey Ponyrko
86 posters

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

Book.
    Book.

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

Post  Book. Fri May 15, 2015 7:16 am

I think student edu better. Learn the language. the culture. the custom. try 1-2 semster.

Here English degree sample.

University of Nizhni Novgorod
    http://www.unn.ru/eng/academic-programmes/degree-programmes

Pre-University Program (technical) in English
    http://iie.tpu.ru/en/3_preparatory_course_en.php

Army servce done? degree help job later
    suzu
    suzu

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

Post  suzu Fri May 15, 2015 12:57 pm

^
    Novogorod link is excellent.

спасибо!
    Captain Nemo
    Captain Nemo

Post  Captain Nemo Fri May 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Did you know that Napoleon tried to join the Russian army a couple of times, but was refused...
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri May 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Captain Nemo wrote:Did you know that Napoleon tried to join the Russian army a couple of times, but was refused...

And his last attempt to get into russia broke his neck...
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:35 am

New Russian Army recruitment video;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=21&v=XMjuYpVf1W8
    2SPOOKY4U
    2SPOOKY4U

Post  2SPOOKY4U Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Captain Nemo wrote:Did you know that Napoleon tried to join the Russian army a couple of times, but was refused...

Wait, what?
    par far

Post  par far Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:19 pm

Imagine if they get him join, the Russian empire would have stretched from the far east of modern Russian all the way to Britain and Iceland and would have included most of Europe.
    suzu
    suzu

Post  suzu Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:10 am

I have gathered enough funds to study the russian language for a year in Russia.
    The course compromises of 10 hours a week of class time, and of course home study as well.
    I will learn military terms and language in my own time as well. Immersion via living in the country also helps speed up the process of fluency

Anyone with past experience, do you feel this is sufficient time to get a functional understanding of Russian to serve in the army? Of course I will continue to learn whilst serving

спасибо!
    calripson

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 13 Empty It Depends

Post  calripson Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:44 am

Have you been to Russia before ? How proficient are you in learning languages ? I know ex-pats that lived in Russia for 10 years and "studied" the language and were barely conversational - enough to get by. Russian is a difficult language and even among Russians the difference in background, region, and education is easily discernible to a Russian speaker. Your odds of ever speaking fluently or like a native are close to nil, but you can learn enough to function there as a foreigner trying to speak Russian - probably with a very noticeable accent.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:12 am

suzu wrote:I have gathered enough funds to study the russian language for a year in Russia.
    The course compromises of 10 hours a week of class time, and of course home study as well.
    I will learn military terms and language in my own time as well. Immersion via living in the country also helps speed up the process of fluency

Anyone with past experience, do you feel this is sufficient time to get a functional understanding of Russian to serve in the army? Of course I will continue to learn whilst serving

спасибо!

With some effort, you will have a rudimentary grasp on things and will be able to hold a conversation after a year of living/study here.

I know people who've become quite fluent after say 2 years here. It all depends on your effort and immersion into social life here.

What you.need for the Russian army I dunno.
    suzu
    suzu

Post  suzu Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:32 pm

calripson wrote:Have you been to Russia before ? How proficient are you in learning languages ? I know ex-pats that lived in Russia for 10 years and "studied" the language and were barely conversational - enough to get by. Russian is a difficult language and even among Russians the difference in background, region, and education is easily discernible to a Russian speaker. Your odds of ever speaking fluently or like a native are close to nil, but you can learn enough to function there as a foreigner trying to speak Russian - probably with a very noticeable accent.

no experience learning a language other than english because my parents felt I didn't need to learn my homelands tongue >.<. I do understand Russian language is quite complex to get around, as I've bought a book to learn a bit in the meantime.

@flamming_python appreciate the answer. Did you experience anyone with less than stellar Russian whilst in your service? If so how did they fare?

Thanks for the answers
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Learn the language, If you really dedicate yourself you can learn basic Russian even in less than a year. I have studied some languages with different alphabets compared to Cyrillic but in terms of learning a whole new alphabet I would say ours is easier then all other non-Latin languages. Some personal questions you can PM me if you want, Do you know any other languages? Are you familiar with foreign military terms (foreign being non-Russian btw) Just these can help you qualify for special service, But you must be a Russian citizen first.
    suzu
    suzu

Post  suzu Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:15 am

VladimirSahin wrote:Learn the language, If you really dedicate yourself you can learn basic Russian even in less than a year. I have studied some languages with different alphabets compared to Cyrillic but in terms of learning a whole new alphabet I would say ours is easier then all other non-Latin languages. Some personal questions you can PM me if you want, Do you know any other languages? Are you familiar with foreign military terms (foreign being non-Russian btw) Just these can help you qualify for special service, But you must be a Russian citizen first.

Cheers for the reply
    Cyrillic was actually very easy to learn for me. Can read Russian newspapers phonetically (slowly) now. Unfortunately can't PM as of yet because I haven't reached the post limit. Am quite pleased to hear I would be eligible for try special services after the 5 years of service.

VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:37 pm

suzu wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:Learn the language, If you really dedicate yourself you can learn basic Russian even in less than a year. I have studied some languages with different alphabets compared to Cyrillic but in terms of learning a whole new alphabet I would say ours is easier then all other non-Latin languages. Some personal questions you can PM me if you want, Do you know any other languages? Are you familiar with foreign military terms (foreign being non-Russian btw) Just these can help you qualify for special service, But you must be a Russian citizen first.

Cheers for the reply
    Cyrillic was actually very easy to learn for me. Can read Russian newspapers phonetically (slowly) now. Unfortunately can't PM as of yet because I haven't reached the post limit. Am quite pleased to hear I would be eligible for try special services after the 5 years of service.

After 5 years of service, You can get into good ranks too. And when I meant PM I didn't mean in Russian Very Happy I meant if you have any other questions. And thank you for even contemplating on joining the Russian armed forces. We has some people here who don't even give a sh**. Having a foreigner wanting to serve, Makes me proud but also ashamed that we have people who even avoid their 1 year mandatory service.
    Crisvb3965

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 13 Empty Non Russian joining the Russian army?

Post  Crisvb3965 Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:44 am

Hi so I'm a southamerican but live in the U.S . Chilean and I want to join the army when I get out of highschool. But I'm actually thinking of dropping out. The only thing that stops me is that the Chilean army you need to finish highschool. And I've always been admired with the Russian. I really want to join the Russian army. If I start learning Russian would I still be accepted? Even if I don't have a citizen ? Also the Russian army has a better trained army. And I want the best training there is. Chilean army . I hate to say this but the Chilean army training is not good. I which it could be better. Also would I need to finish highschool to join the Russian army?im thinking of joining at 17 which there isn't that much left.
    Crisvb3965

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 13 Empty Russian army for South American?

Post  Crisvb3965 Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:24 am

So I want to join the Russian army . Is there any way I can? I'm from chile but live in the U.S and I want to join . Do I need to finish highschool? I do boxing so I'm pretty fit. Anyone who I can talk to?
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:43 am

Read the rules and introduce yourself first

https://www.russiadefence.net/f6-member-introductions-and-rules
    Crisvb3965

Post  Crisvb3965 Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:32 am

Okay sorry.
    Well I live Washignton U.S but I'm originally from chile. Iam 16 years old and wanted to join the Russian army since I was 7. Um I do lots of sports. Boxing and soccer and I also lift. Oh and my name is Cristobal

Is that an introduction?
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Crisvb3965 wrote:Okay sorry.
    Well I live Washignton U.S but I'm originally from chile. Iam 16 years old and wanted to join the Russian army since I was 7. Um I do lots of sports. Boxing and soccer and I also lift. Oh and my name is Cristobal

Is that an introduction?

https://www.russiadefence.net/f6-member-introductions-and-rules

post a thread with your introduction in the section above. See other friends introduction for example.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:56 am

we have this thread for foreign citizens in russian army
    Crisvb3965

Post  Crisvb3965 Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:49 pm

George1 wrote:we have this thread for foreign citizens in russian army
    Which thread? Thank you
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:59 pm

Crisvb3965 wrote:
    George1 wrote:we have this thread for foreign citizens in russian army
    Which thread? Thank you

this we are talking now "The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread"
    Crisvb3965

Post  Crisvb3965 Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Oh okay and do you know by any chance of i go to the Russian Embassy if they can help me?
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Crisvb3965 wrote:
    Oh okay and do you know by any chance of i go to the Russian Embassy if they can help me?

i am not from russia, perhaps some other friends could answer on this

Last edited by George1 on Thu May 04, 2017 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    ult

Post  ult Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:49 pm

The foreigners can serve in the Russian army, but they have to know Russian language. They must be at least 18 years old and not older than 30. They shouldn't have previous convictions. The first contract is for 5 years, available ranks are private and sergeant. They can apply at military registration and enlistment office or directly at the military unit they want to serve in.

http://lenta.ru/news/2015/01/02/inostranets/

On the official website there is a list of 10 steps required.

http://stat.mil.ru/enlistment_contract/send_form.htm

The questionnaire:
    http://mil.ru/files/morf/Anketa.rtf

For example here is a list of required documents.

http://mil.ru/enlistment_contract/docs.htm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:40 am