Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+82
Isos
Jokerpawn14
kvs
miketheterrible
Biggie
MechanizedOne
Borschty
leejee
Arn0ld
TsarOfBaghdad
nerovergil
PapaDragon
vitalyivanovvdv
KGBeast
Kolya
mehdi
StreetRanger
ult
Crisvb3965
par far
2SPOOKY4U
franco
Captain Nemo
Book.
suzu
Kyo
mx109
Werewolf
Hannibal Barca
Mike E
magnumcromagnon
Viktor
Swede55
Karkota
George1
ThatItalianGuy
Airbornewolf
Morpheus Eberhardt
CyricDamascus
macedonian
aar88
Mamut
mutantsushi
Asf
Firebird
sepheronx
VladimirSahin
j.mac
AlfaT8
mig7
Vann7
Jyshky
etaepsilonk
collegeboy16
TR1
Admin
As Sa'iqa
Regular
calripson
Ak103
BTRfan
mbwilding
Pirate
Cyberspec
Pugnax
ssk1777
Legionary74
KomissarBojanchev
SWAT Pointman
YuriBierazo
Russian Patriot
GarryB
flamming_python
Mr.Kalishnikov47
Jame2702
lorenzopopov
Gagydza
Pervius
NationalRus
Wan2345
Andrey Ponyrko
86 posters

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

j.mac

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

Post  j.mac Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:35 am

Does anyone know, if you get rejected by the russian army are you still eligible for the navy?
    George1
    George1

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

Post  George1 Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:23 am

Interesting....

Chechen conscripts begin to be drafted into Russian army first time since 1990s
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:21 pm

Nationalists want Defense Ministry to create Russia’s own ‘Foreign Legion’
    Published time: November 10, 2014 12:27
    RIA Novosti/Vitaliy Ankov

A Liberal Democratic Party lawmaker is proposing creating military units manned exclusively by foreigners to counter the threat from radical groups such as Islamic State in Central Asia.

MP Roman Khudyakov has requested the Defense Ministry and the Russia-led military bloc CSTO look into having within the Russian military a unit he likens to the French Foreign Legion.

“In the Foreign Legion they have contract soldiers from 136 nations and not a single French citizen has to die in a war. Why should our soldiers die? One way or another we must answer the modern day challenges – be it global security or the threat of terrorism,” Khudyakov said in an interview with Izvestia daily.

He said recent threats against Russia by the Islamic State group were very real and if the authorities wanted to stop the terrorists it was better to do this outside Russia’s borders and without direct participation of Russian troops.

“The legion could be manned by Tajiks and Uzbeks with commanders and instructors being career military officers from Russia. We are already doing this in Tajikistan because all their cadets are studying in Russian military schools. We have sufficient experience and resources,” the lawmaker added.

According to Khudyakov the project will not be expensive as even in the French Foreign Legion the monthly salary of a private soldier is less than €1000. Russian “foreign legionnaires” could receive the same allowance as Russian contract servicemen with an additional bonus of Russian citizenship after 6 years, the lawmaker suggests.

The sponsor of the plan also emphasized its urgency in times of the “hybrid warfare” conducted by the USA.

“The United States’ actions are full of insolence and lack any principles. They send private military companies in places where they cannot officially send their military. Wars are being waged and their government appears to have nothing to do with them. In such conditions we must act tougher and play by their rules,” the parliamentarian told the press.

Foreign citizens are accepted in the Russian military as contract servicemen, only if they have a Russian residence permit. Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years of age, have a secondary education and successfully pass a Russian language test. The 201st Infantry Division permanently stationed in Tajikistan is largely manned by Tajik citizens under a special agreement.

Russian lawmakers have wanted to attract more foreigners to the military by promising them citizenship after their contract term is over, but the suggestion has not yet been presented as draft legislation.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Smells like some 5th columnist think tank work.
    Asf

Post  Asf Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:00 pm

https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4521/94845085.7e/0_6beb8_1a1b3b69_XL.jpg

It's about only 170 foreigners currently serving in the Russian Army. All from the ex-USSR.

The main reason IMHO is the language - even "-stan" citizens not always speak good enough to make up their minds to leave in russian-speaking community. It's lik an additional hardship for the job hard enough already
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Asf wrote:
    https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4521/94845085.7e/0_6beb8_1a1b3b69_XL.jpg

It's about only 170 foreigners currently serving  in the Russian Army. All from the ex-USSR.

The main reason IMHO is the language - even "-stan" citizens not always speak good enough to make up their minds to leave in russian-speaking community. It's lik an additional hardship for the job hard enough already

Citizens from Asian ex-soviet republics, Belorussians, Armenians, Ukraine Russians and even Serbians could join a possible Russian foreign legion army
    Asf

Post  Asf Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:25 pm

j.mac wrote:Does anyone know, if you get rejected by the russian army are you still eligible for the navy?

Sorry, missed your post.

What do you mean by reject? Health problems or bad shape? It depends greatly on the branch of service you want to join not the army or navy. Say, if you are unfit for VDV, most likely you won't be good enough for naval infantry. But if you was rejected from serving, say, a special purpose recon unit you can be fit to serve as a regular tankman or seaman. There are different categories, you know.
    If you are physically fit for the service and have no other legal problems, you can even try to join different similar units in one branch as far as I know. It's because of centralized nature of military commissariats (MoD's offices which are in charge of personel issues). SO, if you was found you unfit for some kind (say, using drugs) you aren't allowed to join any of the Army or Navy. But, on the other hand, it seems like you can try another commissariat if you get rejected in one - as long as you aren't a russian citizen (as you aren't supposed to have a file and so commissariats aren't suppose to exchange information about you) - but it's only my guess-work.
    Asf

Post  Asf Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:26 pm

Citizens from Asian ex-soviet republics, Belorussians, Armenians, Ukraine Russians and even Serbians could join a possible Russian foreign legion army
    They can join the Army now - why they don't do that? No kepi blanc? Very Happy
    j.mac

Post  j.mac Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:59 pm

Asf wrote:
    j.mac wrote:Does anyone know, if you get rejected by the russian army are you still eligible for the navy?

Sorry, missed your post.

What do you mean by reject? Health problems or bad shape? It depends greatly on the branch of service you want to join not the army or navy. Say, if you are unfit for VDV, most likely you won't be good enough for naval infantry. But if you was rejected from serving, say, a special purpose recon unit you can be fit to serve as a regular tankman or seaman. There are different categories, you know.
    If you are physically fit for the service and have no other legal problems, you can even try to join different similar units in one branch as far as I know. It's because of centralized nature of military commissariats (MoD's offices which are in charge of personel issues). SO, if you was found you unfit for some kind (say, using drugs) you aren't allowed to join any of the Army or Navy. But, on the other hand, it seems like you can try another commissariat if you get rejected in one - as long as you aren't a russian citizen (as you aren't supposed to have a file and so commissariats aren't suppose to exchange information about you) - but it's only my guess-work.

Thank you, and well if i were to be rejected it would be because of my back, it's not a problem as i've never had back pain and my spine curves very mildly. According to some people on this forum they don't even remember the medical doctors checking the back for my issue.
    That foreign legion article seems very good, I think russia would benefit from a legion, expendable troops they can send out to a war zone, no questions asked just follow orders and get the job done without having to spill one drop of russian blood. However I think they should recruit everyone, not just people from ex soviet countries otherwise it wouldn't be much of a foreign legion, but thats just my opinion Wink
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:08 pm

First ethnic Chechen recruits after 1992

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 12 ATc4b8J
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:33 pm

When did Dennis Quaid join the Russian army?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 pm

That's an epic photo.

Those Chechens don't even look that Chechen in the photo.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:57 pm

No

TR1 wrote:That's an epic photo.

Those Chechens don't even look that Chechen in the photo.

You try finding me some Slavic Russians with that huge nose & eternal 5 o'clock shadow beard combo What a Face
    mx109

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 12 Empty Joining the russian military or gru and the possibility of suffering dedovshchina

Post  mx109 Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm

so im considering the possibility of Joining the russian military or gru  and but im wondering what is the possibility of  suffering dedovshchina im an american high school senior son of immigrants disenchanted with the usa
    What are my chances i just need more information
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:57 am

mx109 wrote:so im considering the possibility of Joining the russian military or gru  and but im wondering what is the possibility of  suffering dedovshchina im an american high school senior son of immigrants disenchanted with the usa
    What are my chances i just need more information
    Lurk more.
    Chances of dedovschina in GRU is almost as slim as Your chances joining them. Its not that they are desperate for fresh greenhorns. If You afraid of dedovschina do some physical combat training, mma preferably. Good luck
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:48 pm

President Putin has signed a decree which lets foreign citizens serve in the Russian army as contractors.

http://rt.com/news/219563-putin-army-foreigners-contractors/
    mx109

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread - Page 12 Empty Dedovoschina

Post  mx109 Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:57 pm

This came up the other day as i was talking to someone dedovoschina is it prevelant anymore and also training and as far as corruption how bad considering i didn't know to respond
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:25 pm

mx109 wrote:This came up the other day as i was talking to someone dedovoschina  is it prevelant anymore and also training and as far as corruption how bad considering i didn't know to respond

This has been asked so many times already.... there should be another thread about this.

Does dedovoschina exist still? From what I heard, a little bit. Some groups still have them. But you get this in US and British army as well (and Canadian Airborn when we still had them, they got disbanded for how horrific they can be). For contract soldiers I heard it is pretty much none existent since everyone that is a contract soldier is clearly there for making money and doing their job.

Flaming python was a conscript. He mentioned already what it was like for him.
    mx109

Post  mx109 Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:44 pm

i dont mean to offend it was just a question im wondering what about training and the corruption they alwas site here
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:59 am

The western media will over emphasise corruption and bullying in Russia... because anything that makes Russia look bad is good in the west.

Some of it is tradition and some of it is not even corruption... for instance... there are all sorts of claims about Putin having enormous bank balances... but then Dick Cheney left office to a very good paying job at Halliburton... a construction company that basically rebuilds all the countries the US has bombed in the last decade or three... Halliburton has had government contracts worth 40 billion dollars since Dick was there... if that isn't corruption I don't know what is.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:47 am

GarryB wrote:The western media will over emphasise corruption and bullying in Russia... because anything that makes Russia look bad is good in the west.

Some of it is tradition and some of it is not even corruption... for instance... there are all sorts of claims about Putin having enormous bank balances... but then Dick Cheney left office to a very good paying job at Halliburton... a construction company that basically rebuilds all the countries the US has bombed in the last decade or three... Halliburton has had government contracts worth 40 billion dollars since Dick was there... if that isn't corruption I don't know what is.

Old man Dick actually was an employee of Halliburton while he was in office, a major share holder at least. So technically, during his vp tenure, he was a billionair.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:40 am

sepheronx wrote:
    GarryB wrote:The western media will over emphasise corruption and bullying in Russia... because anything that makes Russia look bad is good in the west.

Old man Dick actually was an employee of Halliburton while he was in office, a major share holder at least. So technically, during his vp tenure, he was a billionair.

This is already entire state corruption when it is legal that politicians who get already paid around million or more can have a second job completley open and "legal", people don't really expect that they will work in Walmart to raise their income. I have a friend and he is naive to say the least, he has no problems that our german politicians have 2nd jobs even in revealed cases like with Steinbrück who gets 75% more in his lobbyist job at Mercedes than he does as politician. That is open corruption and nothing more that legalized lobbyism which is defacto State legalized corruption. We in the west call russia corrupt because most of the time it is convinient to label them in every bad light it is possible to portray but in our countries which are without doubt the most corrupt by several times fold what russia has don't call it corruption at most we say lobbyism and like it is treated here in our controlled MSM in germany when they speak about Lobbyism in germany they make same verbal excuses that most things about the so called german lobbyism is conspiracy theories. This regime is disgusting.
    j.mac

Post  j.mac Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:06 pm

mx109 wrote:This came up the other day as i was talking to someone dedovoschina  is it prevelant anymore and also training and as far as corruption how bad considering i didn't know to respond

I'm British and I don't know much, but from what I've heard dedovschina is no where as bad as it used to be. If someone can't handle a beating though then military life is probably not for them I think.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:14 pm

j.mac wrote:

I'm British and I don't know much, but from what I've heard dedovschina is no where as bad as it used to be. If someone can't handle a beating though then military life is probably not for them I think.
    Pretty much.

You still hoping to join the Russian army? What's your progress?
    suzu
    suzu

Post  suzu Wed May 13, 2015 6:43 am

Hello all.
    Would love to hear how your journey is going jmac, I'm in a similar situation myself !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm