Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

Post  George1 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:52 pm

TsarOfBaghdad wrote:Здравствуйте

I am from Iraq. I am currently majoring mechanical engineering in a first world country. I always had the dream of a military career and I thought Russia would be a perfect country. I am devastated to have left my country in a fight against ISIS.
    I wasn't thinking in joining the Russian army. I just want to gain a rank to have a good start in the Iraqi Army. It should be an academy or university just something that would give me a diploma that I completed a military rank.
    It can be in every department. What would be the fastest way.

I will be 24 years old when I am done with my major.

Also, does Saint Petersburg Military Engineering-Technical University offer masters degree?

read the rules and introduce yourself first here pls
    http://www.russiadefence.net/f6-member-introductions-and-rules

TsarOfBaghdad
    Private
    Private

Post  TsarOfBaghdad on Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:29 pm

George1 wrote:
    TsarOfBaghdad wrote:Здравствуйте

I am from Iraq. I am currently majoring mechanical engineering in a first world country. I always had the dream of a military career and I thought Russia would be a perfect country. I am devastated to have left my country in a fight against ISIS.
    I wasn't thinking in joining the Russian army. I just want to gain a rank to have a good start in the Iraqi Army. It should be an academy or university just something that would give me a diploma that I completed a military rank.
    It can be in every department. What would be the fastest way.

I will be 24 years old when I am done with my major.

Also, does Saint Petersburg Military Engineering-Technical University offer masters degree?

read the rules and introduce yourself first here pls

Ok, I will do that

Arn0ld
    Private
    Private

Possible or not?!?!

Post  Arn0ld on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Hello
    I'm an austrian citizen, 18 years old and was thinking now for already 3 years about this idea. My plan is to finish my school here in Austria and move to Russia in order to join the spetsnaz. I know it sounds very stupid but let me first tell what my qualities are. So I go to a militarized school in Austria which is not part of their army. I speak German, Hungarian, English and learning Russian. I run 400m in 60s, 2km in 7:30, 3km in 12:40 and besides I do kickboxing. So my question is: Is possible for me to join the russian army and maybe later the spetsnaz after let's say 5 years of service. I really would like to do it BUT JUST if I speak russian fluently. My teacher told me that I speak very good (almost no accent) but I would have to learn the language a bit more (like a trip to Russia for 4 months)
    I would be very thankful for any kind of help!

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Arn0ld wrote:Hello
    I'm an austrian citizen, 18 years old and was thinking now for already 3 years about this idea. My plan is to finish my school here in Austria and move to Russia in order to join the spetsnaz. I know it sounds very stupid but let me first tell what my qualities are. So I go to a militarized school in Austria which is not part of their army. I speak German, Hungarian, English and learning Russian. I run 400m in 60s, 2km in 7:30, 3km in 12:40 and besides I do kickboxing. So my question is: Is possible for me to join the russian army and maybe later the spetsnaz after let's say 5 years of service. I really would like to do it BUT JUST if I speak russian fluently. My teacher told me that I speak very good (almost no accent) but I would have to learn the language a bit more (like a trip to Russia for 4 months)

Introduce yourself first here pls:

VladimirSahin
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  VladimirSahin on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Arn0ld wrote:Hello

If you want a career in the Russian military I'd recommend you go speak with an embassy about it, atleast through e-mail if you can. There's something out there where you sign a 5 year contract and after 3 years of service you get your citizenship.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:03 am

Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:03 am