Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+36
Sujoy
zg18
KomissarBojanchev
gaurav
TheArmenian
Flyingdutchman
calripson
partizan
Stealthflanker
medo
Intrigado
Firebird
Airbornewolf
AlfaT8
Regular
sepheronx
GarryB
etaepsilonk
Morpheus Eberhardt
navyfield
SOC
As Sa'iqa
Hannibal Barca
George1
mutantsushi
Austin
TR1
Cyberspec
flamming_python
macedonian
zino
Vann7
arpakola
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
Viktor
40 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #3

arpakola
    arpakola

The Situation in the Ukraine. #3 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #3

Post  arpakola Mon May 05, 2014 5:57 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:My uncle has a friend from donetsk and when he called him on telephone he said that the russian media version is the true one.

He also said that american satellites were supposedly using some kind of electronic jamming tools(in support of the kiev animals)  that could also disrupt phone calls. We have tried to call that guy since and we keep not getting connected.

Could the US really be using jamming tools over the eastern ukraine(I don't personally know satellites that can do such a thing)?

yes they have that capability, they used the same technology in Afghanistan to disrupt Cellphone traffic and NATO army's have it as well.

i have not heard of sattelites, but i know the yanks used Drones equipped with powerfull ECM suites to disrupt and meanwhile track ICOM and Cellphone activity during special forces operations in Afghanistan.

in case of cellphones abbility to call, they do not actually target the cellphone itself, but "attack" nearby transmission towers blocking their ability to receive and transmit signals. but if the ECM operator knows the number he is looking for he can easily find out that cellphone target as well.
    Big thanks for the info, however that does raise the question why haven't these ECM drones been detected by russian radar; I haven't heard any official info about them

It is possible and quite easy from satelite to transmit jaming noise exactly in the same frequency of the channel U want to nutralise.. facusing also in the aerea of interest.. this is plane broadcasting iregularity .. no sky tech ..
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #3 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #3

Post  flamming_python Mon May 05, 2014 5:57 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:I am dissatisfied with the way Russian government handles this. Irrelevant of the final result. Especially the foreign agents should be killed on sight let alone to be released.
    The way Putin handles this IMO demands no respect, and when you don't demand you don't get at this level.

Putin's staying silent

And we all know what that means..
    Apparently, EU corridors are in a panic over exactly this..

I think the decision has already been made. There will be an operation. Either in the coming days/week, or a little later on after first introducing more militias, together with possibly some special forces raids.

The diplomatic efforts to solve the crisis seem to have ended in complete collapse, and there is scarce movement on behalf of any of the Western nations to call for more UN/OSCE/whatever else meetings, reign in Kiev.
    A small exception by Germany, which is sending some OSCE representitive to Moscow or something and is calling for another forum, there is an OSCE meeting scheduled for the 7th I believe. But it's nothing serious.

At the same time though Germany is demanding Russia to not disrupt the coming elections. France too, it's threatened sanctions if the elections are disrupted. But of course, it's not even up to Russia, even if doesn't intervene, the situation will get worse anyway.
    Italy has already signalled its readiness to act as UN peacekeepers, signalling that at least some EU countries (I'd say that silently, at least half of them), have now realised that the situation cannot possibly be controlled by Kiev and there is the imminent need for another solution, other than for Kiev to continue with its CTO and conduct elections in order to attempt to legitimise itself.

Russia would be foolish, to agree with any EU demands about recognizing Kiev's elections. It's nothing more than the legitimisation of a leader that the US has already chosen for this country.
    There can be a stabilisation process, and de-escelation, but it has to come through constitutional reform, decentralisation and a representitive transitional government. Nothing less would be acceptable, never mind for Moscow - but most importantly for the Ukraine's own population in east Ukraine.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Mon May 05, 2014 6:07 pm

I know Putin is the greatest Russian leader after Alexander Nevsky and Ivan the Terrible but no matter what the cynical approach might be I feel a pain watching the Eastern population to be mistreated like this.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon May 05, 2014 6:08 pm

Im not dissatisfied with Putin when it comes to after the coup happens.,because im sure he have special forces already inside ,and understand NATO goals is to provoke Russia into invading Ukraine . Last thing he wants is their army to have to fight civilians to defend their civilians. and get a massive negative world image if for example CIA snipers start killing Ukrainians and later blame it on Russia. So he needs to know first what kind of support he will get in Ukraine first ,why referendum is important.. For me what is disgusting is the ukrainian people for their lack of participation in rallies. each city have 2millions average citizens and protest largely what we see is a few hundreds or even a few dozens.. in the average day or less.. and a couple of thousands in Sundays.  Ukrainians are a disgrace ,if they cannot fight for their own nation. I cannot imagine so careless people for the future of their country. 40 people burned alive and still Odessa people eating shit , doing nothing.business as usual ,most of the residents. It just crazy ,and makes want to slap in the face ,the people that continues living normally their lives ,after the illegal government in kiev allows the Nazi criminals to go to their city create a massacre and get away with it..

However definitively i agree ,that Putin in an inept ,and could have avoided the conflicts he have now if he just sent ,3000-5000 strong body guards ,martial fighters ,to help yakunovych to stay in Power. All of them dressed as Ukraine Police. But they did nothing. While NATO was exporting mercenaries to protest in Kiev with knowledge how to counter police..to overthrow a government, Putin was in Sochi watching the games. And Yakunovych had to visit him several times in Sochi.. After Libya and Syria , Putin should had some kind of Clue that perhaps NATO will try again another coup in Ukraine ..after the failed one in 2004. But again Putin simple left Yakunovych alone with its own problems and now needs to solve the problems in Ukraine ,he did not avoided to happen.

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon May 05, 2014 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Mon May 05, 2014 6:19 pm

At this point I have to agree with those calling for some sort of intervention.
    While they're standing and waiting, the deaths of people in Slavyansk and Kramatorsk are increasing.
    This has to stop. They should've done something by now. Diplomacy won't solve a thing.
    Especially if you're waiting for the SAME people that instigated this, and are now running it -pulling the strings from the background- TO DO SOMETHING.
    The only thing they want to happen is what we see on the ground every day: More dead Russians. They are happy if things keep going the way they do.

Russia should make a move. And not Lavrov this time but Shoygu.
    There are literally thousands of options to choose from.
    Israel didn't attack Iran, but its nuclear scientists were disappearing (if you catch my drift).
    Plenty that Russia can and should do.

Forget about 'the West'. It'll NEVER treat Russia with respect. Never. Unless forced to, that is...
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Mon May 05, 2014 6:28 pm

You cannot make this sh/t up...
    They're giving medals to the pilots that were downed near Slovyansk.

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Mon May 05, 2014 6:44 pm

macedonian wrote:You cannot make this sh/t up...
    They're giving medals to the pilots that were downed near Slovyansk.

thats not pride when they take the medals. they rather look very concerned and nervous. no one in the vid smiles and no one speaks. not just those guys but also the others in the vid. thats not regular infantry behaviour, the bit of morale they had propably crashed and burned with the MI-24.

this is just a cheap attempt at PR if you ask me.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon May 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Some skirmish fights in Slavyansk  ,seems the Kiev Forces are getting some wounded soldiers in the fire interchange..

My major concern is the drones and or artillery advantage the neo nazis have.. a simple attack drone that squeeze by surprise can ruin the day of anyone.. on another note ,when it comes to combat.. the Anti-kiev defenses are not doing too bad at all ,when you take into account the massive advantage in numbers and equipment they have. They are keeping at distance the pro Kiev forces..

If Russia plans to invade they might consider seriously decapitating the leadership with an iskander or kaliber missile of the illegitimate junta..Create a void of power.. That will break any loyalty that was left in the government. Albeit this will be more efficient if done by a lonely sniper armed with a Kornet-D.. and bomb any convoy of the Nazy president.

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon May 05, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon May 05, 2014 7:56 pm

There was info, that Mi-24 was sent to destroy rebel's BMDs. Could be, that it was shot down by 30 mm gun from BMD-2. I think 1 Mi-24 was also shot down by ATGM, so it could be, that this BMD-2 is used for rebel's air defense.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Mon May 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:thats not pride when they take the medals. they rather look very concerned and nervous. no one in the vid smiles and no one speaks. not just those guys but also the others in the vid. thats not regular infantry behaviour, the bit of morale they had propably crashed and burned with the MI-24.

this is just a cheap attempt at PR if you ask me.

Precisely.
    And who can blame them...What's there to be proud of?
    Firing your missiles on someone who may very well be your cousin FFS.

You know, one thing in this whole mess that stands out to me is that the soldiers in Ukraine seem pretty reluctant to fight this war.
    Contrary to the loonies in Kiev and their Nazis.
    And I honestly don't think it's just the fact that they're underpayed. I think it's something deeper than that - they don't see Russia/Russians as their enemies.
    They know this is meaningless and that they're sent out to fight someone just like them. Their people.
    That's why we saw massive defections (and more to come I hope), and why the idiots occupying the power in Kiev right now needed to bring reinforcements from the west of the country, and in the form of the deranged Right Sector.

And, you nailed it - by giving them medals Kiev wants to score some PR points and boost patriotism.
    Seeing the sour look on the soldiers' faces, I don't think it's working though.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon May 05, 2014 8:09 pm

For all have to be clear ,that NATO fully knows Ukraine have no chance to fight Russia ,not remotely ,Russia can break the forces of kiev in the east in just one day far easier than Georgia. Because Russia don't need to go beyond the territories of Donetsk. So what the western powers wants is to use the Ukraine conflict to significantly damage the world image... you will see suddenly as soon they invade.. Civilians killed by mysterious snipers in the hundreds in the east and bombs in residences ,to blame it on Russian airforce. Is a dirty game. Also use Russia invasion to pressure Europe to stop any trade with Russia. Why is prefferible that Russia first use undercover special forces ,ideally people retired and veterans from afgan war ,as long as possible before any invasion.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon May 05, 2014 8:15 pm

macedonian wrote:At this point I have to agree with those calling for some sort of intervention.
    While they're standing and waiting, the deaths of people in Slavyansk and Kramatorsk are increasing.
    This has to stop. They should've done something by now. Diplomacy won't solve a thing.
    Especially if you're waiting for the SAME people that instigated this, and are now running it -pulling the strings from the background- TO DO SOMETHING.
    The only thing they want to happen is what we see on the ground every day: More dead Russians. They are happy if things keep going the way they do.

Russia should make a move. And not Lavrov this time but Shoygu.
    There are literally thousands of options to choose from.
    Israel didn't attack Iran, but its nuclear scientists were disappearing (if you catch my drift).
    Plenty that Russia can and should do.

Forget about 'the West'. It'll NEVER treat Russia with respect. Never. Unless forced to, that is...

I understand your anger in all this mess. You have to understand, that to win a war you need cool head and good strategy, not high emotions. Nazis in Kiev and nuts in Washington play exactly on high emotions for too early russian invasion. US want to crash Russia in Ukraine. With too early invasion, majority of Ukrainians will stand with nazis against Russia and get NATO military help to push Russian army back or to trap it in long lasting war. They have to wait, that majority of Ukrainians will stand with Russian army against nazis, that the operation will be quick and that NATO could not dictate its game in battlefield. Russia should push quickly to Dnieper river and secure border on river and let NATO have their nazis on the other side. This is very important, that Russian army is not trapped in long lasting guerila war. East Ukraine must be independent state and Russia should have only military bases there, that Ukrainians themselves clean their state of nazis after operation.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon May 05, 2014 9:02 pm

It now confirmed ...
    and Ukrainian Mi-24 attack helicopter shot down near Slavyansk with heavy machine gun fire - defense ministry

Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_05_05/Ukrainian-Mi-24-attack-helicopter-shot-down-near-Slavyansk-defense-ministry-7885/

Perhaps this same helicopter caused the 20 casualties of  and dozens civilians injured from the Pro Russian side..
    because there were reports of an Helicopter shooting rockets at the check point.

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_05_05/20-militiamen-killed-dozens-of-civilians-injured-in-Slavyansk-fighting-self-defense-HQ-9182/

medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon May 05, 2014 9:15 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:My uncle has a friend from donetsk and when he called him on telephone he said that the russian media version is the true one.

He also said that american satellites were supposedly using some kind of electronic jamming tools(in support of the kiev animals)  that could also disrupt phone calls. We have tried to call that guy since and we keep not getting connected.

Could the US really be using jamming tools over the eastern ukraine(I don't personally know satellites that can do such a thing)?

yes they have that capability, they used the same technology in Afghanistan to disrupt Cellphone traffic and NATO army's have it as well.

i have not heard of sattelites, but i know the yanks used Drones equipped with powerfull ECM suites to disrupt and meanwhile track ICOM and Cellphone activity during special forces operations in Afghanistan.

in case of cellphones abbility to call, they do not actually target the cellphone itself, but "attack" nearby transmission towers blocking their ability to receive and transmit signals. but if the ECM operator knows the number he is looking for he can easily find out that cellphone target as well.
    Big thanks for the info, however that does raise the question why haven't these ECM drones been detected by russian radar; I haven't heard any official info about them

Kiev have repetitors and centrals in their hands, so they could easily jam or block cellphone communications or listen to them.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon May 05, 2014 9:34 pm

When they don't have time suckling on the teat of Eastern and Southern Ukraine, the parasites have time to protest and demonize them:

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 pm

If you are using "somebody's" base station (in this case the base stations "controlled" by Nazi terrorists), they can, pretty much, do whatever they want with your call; there would be no need for jamming.

-------

https://www.russiadefence.net/viewtopic.forum?t=3142

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm