Perm Motors Interview
Today, Russian civil aviation lives in expectation of new aircraft. Superjet, MS-21, the modern versions "Tu" and "Il" - these liners should determine the future of domestic aviation. The success of the aircraft in the sky will largely depend on the technical and economic characteristics of the engines installed on its wing. That is why the domestic aircraft engine now given special attention.
OAO Perm Engine Company "- one of the largest engine-building enterprises in the country - is involved in several large and ambitious projects of the Russian aircraft. About the future of the enterprise, as well as about the current state of affairs says managing director of OAO "Perm Engine Company" Michael Dicheskul.
- Michael D., with some indicators of the company plans to finish this year?
- According to the business plan for OAO "Perm Motor Factory" will be made 24 aviation engine PS-90A and 36 gas turbines. Compared with last year the volume of production will remain the same. However, in 2010 the plant began mass production of new products - aircraft engine PS-90A2, and gas turbines 25 MW.
- You mentioned the engine PS-90A2. It is known that it's designed specifically for the Tu-204SM, the appropriateness of registration which is currently being discussed at government level. You, as the engine supplier, how do you evaluate this project?
- We are actively working with manufacturers of the Tu-204SM. In July, OAO "Perm Motor Plant dispatched two engine PS-90A2 at Aviastar-SP to be installed on the first aircraft Tu-204SM. We are currently working on two more PS-90A2, which will also be put to the test. In 2011, we plan to produce between four and seven PS-90A2. The exact number of engines will depend on the contracts KLA.
Now the main problem of the Tu-204SM - price. For its part, OJSC Perm Motors Plant have already identified the cost of an engine: it should be 11% of the price of the entire aircraft. We are currently negotiating with the KLA on the cost of flying hours. As far as I know, the negotiations on the harmonization of prices under way with other suppliers. We all need patience to go through this difficult stage and begin to produce Tu-204SM. The liner is competitive, with good performance - it needs to produce.
- PS-90A2 - the latest modification of the PS-90A. What is the fate of other engine modifications that have been certified before? First of all, I mean the PS-90A1, PS-90A76.
- These engines are in demand in the market. PS-90A1 is successfully exploited, such as IL-96-400T Airline Flight. Today the airline's fleet - three similar liner. The following year, the flight should get the fourth IL-96-400T. At the moment, the airline successfully exploits these planes and because of them, ranked fourth in Russia in terms of cargo and mail.
PS-90A76 mounted on the IL-76 and their modifications. For example, a month ago, we shipped 4 engine PS-90A-76 for military transport aircraft Il-76MF-EI. This is the second aircraft under contract with the Air Force, Jordan. The first plane has already been built Tashkent Aircraft Production Association and is currently in flight developmental testing in Zhukovsky near Moscow. Anticipated that by mid-2011 after passing all the tests, both IL-76MF-EI will be transferred to the customer.
For us is very interesting and a program to create the IL-476, which will also be installed PS-90A76. This ship, which will be produced at the plant Aviastar-SP "- a deep high-tech modernization of the Il-76. The main customer of Il-476 is a Russian Defense Ministry. Russian state armaments program for 2011-2020 provides for the procurement of defense department of over 50 such aircraft in two versions - the transporter and a tanker.
In short, new projects in civil aviation there, but we, of course, very difficult to compete with foreign companies, because for the 90th years, we strongly behind them. And have to compete directly, because airlines are set to profit and take into account the imperfection of the domestic industry does not intend to.
But still we have achieved a number of positions that we are not going to pass under any circumstances. Today, the world operated by the order of 80 planes with PS-90A engines. Actively on the wing are about 290 engines. Our task - to make sure that their operation was cost effective for airlines. Therefore, we are the only ones in our country had a system of payment per flight hour. In this form of calculating the airlines can clearly plan their hourly costs. Air carriers know that more than agreed to, they do not pay, whatever problems may arise with the engine. For them, this system is economically beneficial, understandable and transparent.
- How is the second area of business - manufacture of gas turbines for industrial applications?
- Quite successfully. We are stable in this market. Over the past 10 years in the market selling gas turbines for gas compressor units and our share - 36%, the business goal for the coming years - to increase it to 40%. The market share of small-scale power Perm STU is also significant - about 35%.
Today the main customer of the Permian GTU - Gazprom. The plant is involved in major projects of Gazprom for the construction of the North European gas pipeline, gas pipelines Bovanenkovo-Ukhta-Torzhok, the Sakhalin-Khabarovsk-Vladivostok.
Thus, the land of the North European Gas Pipeline includes 7 compressor stations, of which 4 are equipped with gas turbines Permian production. The gas main Bovanenkovo-Ukhta-Torzhok at this stage includes 16 compressor stations, of which 5 will be equipped with our facilities. In addition, OJSC Perm Motors Plant signed a contract to supply two sets of gas turbine compressor station for the head of the Sakhalin gas pipeline Sakhalin-Khabarovsk-Vladivostok.
Most of the plants that we now deliver on OAO Gazprom, the large capacity - 16 and 25 MW.
In the field of small power politics conducts an excellent marketing Aviadvigatel for which we produce low-power gas turbines. In late October, General Designer Aviadvigatel and CEO of OAO "LUKOIL - Western Siberia have signed a cooperation agreement. According to the document in the next 10 years on-site LUKoil - Western Siberia will be built power plants with total capacity of 144 MW.
We are firmly established in the gas turbine market. Our products a good reference list so we can confidently offer it to the customer.
- Michael D., recently in the media widely reported visit to Perm Motors Industry Minister Viktor Khristenko, who got acquainted with the work on creating a new DD-14 engine.
- This visit took place on November 10. At that time, the design bureau Aviadvigatel, which is a leading developer of a new family of engines, and now manages all the work, began testing a gas generator-demonstrator. Discuss the progress of these works and was the main theme of the visit
Feature of the PD-14 engine is that it creates a wide cooperation with enterprises of United Engine Corporation. JSC "PMZ" is defined as the head producer of the serial. During 2010 the JSC "PMZ" were working on making parts and components for gas-generator-engine demonstrator PD-14. Together with the PMZ in this work have been actively involved, and such companies as RBC UMPO "Federal State Unitary Enterprise" MMPP "Salut", JSC "NPP" Motor "and several others. Cooperation with companies developing: identify common goals and objectives, there are regular teleconferences, conducted a rigorous financial reporting.
All participants in the project to create a family of engines based on a single gasifier understand that this government order that this family of engines - the future of the domestic civil aviation. We have many competitors and make your way among them, to bring to market a competitive, cost-effective product. Moreover, it should produce a large series, only then can the question of competition with world leaders in engine development.
OAO "Perm Motor Plant, interviews