Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+55
Isos
dino00
RusAviaGuy
Dima
miketheterrible
Firebird
PapaDragon
Hole
LMFS
GunshipDemocracy
GarryB
Arrow
ATLASCUB
auslander
MC-21
Singular_Transform
JohninMK
marat
Austin
franco
par far
Svyatoslavich
Arctic_Fox
Walther von Oldenburg
Airman
OminousSpudd
Project Canada
Giulio
ult
Rmf
zg18
wilhelm
AlfaT8
Book.
x_54_u43
Big_Gazza
KiloGolf
RedJasmin
william.boutros
max steel
TheArmenian
Werewolf
DTA
KoTeMoRe
sepheronx
Cyberspec
ExBeobachter1987
Neutrality
flamming_python
higurashihougi
Hannibal Barca
Viktor
mutantsushi
magnumcromagnon
kvs
59 posters

Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

Austin

Russian Civil Aviation: News #2 Empty Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

Post  Austin Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Voronezh aircraft plant to build 14 IL-96 in 9 years

http://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2015/08/10/352383.html

Employees Voronezh Aircraft Company (VASO) will gather 14 new Il-96 of various modifications in nine years - from 2015 to 2024. The main part of the order is for the Ministry of Defence. The work plans of the Voronezh aircraft factory became one of the meetings of the regional government on Monday, August 10th.

In addition to IL-96, the Voronezh aircraft factory experts do the production of light military transport aircraft Il-112V. In late March, Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said that the Defense Ministry plans to buy at least 35 Il-112. According to him, the new freighter should make its first flight in 2017, and mass production of the aircraft will begin in late 2018 and early 2019.

In co-operation on the creation of a new transporter will include 30 Russian companies, including Ulyanovsk ZAO "Aviastar-SP" and more than 50 suppliers of components. Completion of construction of prototypes and carrying out the first flight scheduled for 2016, the first issue of the production model - for 2018.

Another state contract in the portfolio involves the construction VASO 15 AN-148 aircraft for the Defense Ministry until 2017. Aircraft Factory signed a contract with the Defense Ministry in May 2013. The contract amount - 18.438 billion rubles, delivery of aircraft - from 2013 to 2017. According to the agreement, the Ministry of Defense will receive one aircraft in 2013, four - in 2014 and 2015, as well as three ship - in 2016 and 2017.

Aircraft Factory passed the War Department first aircraft under contract in early December 2013 in Borisoglebsk. The ceremony was attended by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu. Second liner Defense Ministry received in February 2014, the third - in early July 2014. A fourth AN-148-100E VASO Defense Ministry handed in late August 2014, and the fifth plane - in January 2015. At the end of April at the site VASO began flight tests of the sixth An-148-100E for the Russian Defense Ministry.

Russian Civil Aviation: News #2 Empty Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:02 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Austin wrote:Vladimir Karnozov is reliable writer so far.

And I am calling bullshit on him, regardless who is considered reliable.  I want actual figures, not claims.

And here is the problem, Astana airlines is very much smaller airlines company than Aeroflot.  In these situations, as anyone would know, a major company adapts to different events.  Much like Sony as an example on how they managed to adapt to gain profits again.  Same will happen.  Yeah, airlines will go belly up.  But once they go belly up, what will happen?  No one flies anymore?  No.  It just means a gap is created, a demand is there, and someone will fill it in.

Cant fly to europe or flights to europe reduces?  Then reduce flights to europe and try to increase flights to Asia, middle east, Africa and south America.  Or, increase domestic flights, and try to reduce overall costs.  Buying up a bunch of ultra expensive and expensive to fly long range jets for even regional flights wont work and these airlines doing so will be in tough times.  Things like SSJ-100 will benefit even more for various airlines for not being only cheaper, but about close to as cheap to fly, just for short range flights.  Doing so, they can reduce overall charges on flights.  Lower oil prices are supposed to stump costs on fuel for planes, thus being able to reduce overall charges on flights.  That is not being seen due to pure greed.  Guess what will happen?

So they are facing an issue? They will adjust so that they can increase traffic.  Traffic, or in this case, volume, will guarantee a profit of some sort.  Hence why there are such things as last minute seats, or reduced cost airlines, or Wal-Mart (one of the largest companies in the world).

I have seen it with my eyes.  How a company will adjust in order to survive and thrive.  To say they are in "survival mode" just indicates that they are moving to a new direction of market and eventually with thrive.  Aeroflot has been around longer than you or I, so they know what to do.  They survived during Soviet union era.  Take a gander how many sanctions USSR had.

Also, I would like to see his 9% gdp drop figures.  World bank? I don't think they even said that as I cannot find news on it.  Also, can we verify any of his other accounts if he is an reliable reporter?
    Kinda old but here is some news from Aeroflot themselves.
    https://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/new/52537
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:54 am

Interestingly contradicting Austin's last post re: plans for SSJ, Rogozin now says there is other plans...
    They are now talking about using Perm's PD-14 core for applications including SSJ and Mi-26NEO/Ru-Chi JV helo.
    Unclear how the plans for SSJ "stretch" vs. existing model fit into that,
    whether they would aim at replacing existing SSJ engine ASAP, or just aim for "stretch" initially...?
    Likewise unclear what the plans are beyond the core, i.e. integration of GTF?

EDIT: Of course, standard caveats that go with the phrase "Rogozin says..."

Last edited by mutantsushi on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:13 am

Kazakh airline Scat can order for 20 SSJ100 aircraft
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Sukhoi has reported that any sanction on SSJ will jeopardize the project

Manufacturer "Superjet" told about possible problems due to sanctions

http://vpk.name/news/138749_proizvoditel_superdzhetov_rasskazal_o_vozmozhnyih_problemah_izza_sankcii.html

The company "Sukhoi Civil Aircraft", dealing with the issue of passenger plane Sukhoi SuperJet 100, in its report under RAS for the second quarter of the year wrote about possible problems with the supply of foreign parts because of the sanctions against Russia's "Vedomosti" on Tuesday, 18 of August.

The document says that in the first half of the foreign components accounted for more than 83% of deliveries of materials and goods, despite the fact that last year imports of slightly over 50%. According to the GSS, this is due to the delivery schedule and the whole "Superjet" is collected from foreign parts by 40%.

Some foreign partners may refuse to supply because of the sanctions. For example, the report mentions the French Thales Avionics SAS, which is from December to July did not send evaluators piloting system for dual-use code in the software - had to put three blocks without firmware which established later. Now the French have changed the code to resume supplies.

The GSS fear that a manufacturer of hydraulic systems in the US Parker may require a certificate of refusal to supply products to the Crimea or fallen under the sanction oil and gas companies. Although deliveries from the German and French Liebherr Linderberg PowerJet is going on without any problems, the report says about possible delays in the delivery.

Now the manufacturer is trying to carry out the program on import of 22 types of components, but it may require changes to the type certificate of the aircraft.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:31 pm

If NATO imposes sanctions that affect Sukhoi, then Russia should ban all NATO produced aircraft imports
    and start to limit overflight areas for commercial airlines.
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:45 pm

kvs wrote:If NATO imposes sanctions that affect Sukhoi, then Russia should ban all NATO produced aircraft imports

Agree , Any idea how much ban on over flight will Impact EU and Western nation ?

I recollect Medvedev threatening that last year , I read russia earns some $1 billion due to over flight rights
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:51 pm

I am hoping Russia in MAKS signs more civil deal like buying more Tu-204SM , Superjet export , MS-21 export etc.

I would be more happy if they managed to sell more civil aircraft both with numbers and money then says defence stuff.

I think buying Tu-204SM in big numbers is long over due , and hope they just wont allow any A-320/737 deals to happen atelast discourage airlines buying it
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:06 pm

I mentioned that importing nearly all western parts was a bad idea. So now Sukhoi civil is sitting on a fiber because they imported the parts. I say let this be a lesson for all other domestic producer. In future, seak from other countries more impartial.

Hopefully MS-21 is more secured.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:50 pm

kvs wrote:If NATO imposes sanctions that affect Sukhoi, then Russia should ban all NATO produced aircraft imports

Meanwhile Russia produces landing gear at a cost-effective price for those countries, as well as a large portion of titanium (even high-valued finished products) sold to NATO states. Are they really stupid enough to open Pandora's box lol?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:34 pm

MS-21

Russian Civil Aviation: News #2 C2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy84LzEvODE3MTQ0MDIzMTU1Nl9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD02NjU2MQ==

http://www.sdelanounas.ru/blogs/66561/
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:59 am

I am sure if international flights by Russian carriers are losing money that with the next range of sanctions that if Russia bans overflights of its airspace that EU and NATO and US civil air companies will become rather less competitive with non US/EU/NATO air companies.
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:52 am

I don't think US carriers have significant cross-Russia flights...?
    It's more of an issue for EU <-> East & SE Asia Asia flight routes, IMHO.
    But unlikely to happen because EU can counter by blocking Russian routes to N/W Africa and Americas.

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:31 am

mutantsushi wrote:I don't think US carriers have significant cross-Russia flights...?
    It's more of an issue for EU <-> East & SE Asia Asia flight routes, IMHO.
    But unlikely to happen because EU can counter by blocking Russian routes to N/W Africa and Americas.
    It would affect flights from the East Coast to Asian destinations. As flights there do cross Russia's Far East. But you are right, it could really hurt European carriers heading to China, Japan, India, etc.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Nice thumbsup

Manufacturer SSJ 100 aircraft will deliver 32 regional airlines
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:27 pm

IL-114 needs of the Defense Ministry, in KLA await a positive verdict on the plane
    08/26/2015 14:32:42

Zhukovsky (Moscow region). August 26th. Interfax-AVN - In the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) is calculated on a positive solution to the issue of Russia's short-haul aircraft IL-114, said the president of the KLA Yuri Slusar.

"As long as there is no final decision on the project Il-114. I hope that soon we will get a decision, and it will be positive," - said Yu.Slyusar reporters Wednesday at MAKS-2015.
    Earlier it was reported that the draft decision on the resumption of the production of IL-114 is planned to submit to the government at the end of July this year.

Yu.Slyusar noted, "IL-114 - a machine that need and end carriers and customers in the face of the Defense Ministry, the FSB and other structures."

"This machine is now in the market. In view of departing aircraft" Antonovsky "subjects, demand for this machine over time will only increase. In reality, replace the demand is nothing. In my opinion, the Il-114 has bright prospects," - said Yu .Slyusar.

Asked what would be required investment for production of IL-114 in Russia, he said: "Development work associated with the digitization of documents, with the modernization of the board to give the new engines, it is - about 11 billion rubles and 4 billion for the binding engine TV3-117 (by plane or-114). Plus, the order of 4 billion rubles for the modernization of companies that will participate in the manufacture of aircraft, including plant-finalist. "

"We hope that we will be able to use the reserve of the Chkalov factory in Tashkent. There was a reserve of the order of eight to twelve vehicles," - said Yu.Slyusar.
    According to him, the issue on which the company will be organized production, will be decided later.

As reported, the IL-114 was produced until 2012 at an aircraft factory in Tashkent. There were built 17 cars. Seven aircraft are still operated by the airline Uzbekistan airways.
    According to forecasts, sales of the Il-114 for various customers from 2019 to 2030 will be about 320 aircraft. The maximum production capacity - 24 cars a year - must be achieved in 2025. According to the plans the production of the first prototype can be delivered in 2018-2019 gg., And 2025 customers will be transferred to 24 such aircraft (estimated price of each - 960 million rubles. VAT in the prices of 2014).

The IL-114 is designed to carry up to 64 passengers. Its power plant consists of two engines TV7-117S (SM) with a capacity of 2500 hp each. Maximum takeoff weight is 23.5 tons; kommepcheskoy nagpuzki maximum mass - 6500 kg (with maximum fuel payload of up to 1500 kg). Kpeysepskaya skopost - 500 km / h. Kpeysepskaya height - flight 7600 m; range with 64 passazhipami - 1000 km, with a load of 1.5 tonnes - 4800 km.
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:55 pm

How many firm contracts signed for SSJ-100 so far ? In last count total firm order for SSJ before MAKS was 192 aircraft.

Any news for more orders for MS-21 and most important Tu-204 ?
    Austin

Post  Austin Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:28 am

At MAKS-2015 was able to sell 80 aircraft, "Sukhoi" Superjet thumbsup

The total amount of transactions exceeded $ 3 billion.

http://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2015/08/31/356721.html
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:18 am

http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2015/9/3/3511/

Superjet will be offering the uprated engines meant for long range/high MTOW version also in standard MTOW version.
    (uprating is solely via FADEC)
    This will facilitate operations in hot and high climates.
    The chief designer mentioned South and Central Africa as major market for this (by which I understand S & Central AMERICA),
    as well as China and India with high elevation areas, as well as EU markets with short airports close to city centers etc.
    I do know Mexico City elevation has specific requirements and this goes for a few other major markets in Mexico, as well as the Andes.

He also mentioned the winglet modification which will be offered from 2017, claiming it offers up to 4% decrease in fuel consumption,
    which is a signficant amount, I believe P&W GTF on E-Jets had about 15% increase and Superjet already had around 5% on E-Jet,
    so that could possibly halve the gap to newer GTF/ E-Jet T2, while having much lower airframe costs especially with ruble.
    (incidentally I remember asking on avia forums when SJ was launching "why not use winglets" which were cropping up everywhere at the time,
    and people answered me "only older wings benefit from them, SJ's wing is designed so it doesn't need them" ... cue 4% fuel reduction)
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Austin wrote:At MAKS-2015 was able to sell 80 aircraft, "Sukhoi" Superjet  thumbsup

This is some serious quantity.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:31 pm

fresh from Irkut - assembly of MS-21

Hannibal Barca wrote:
    Austin wrote:At MAKS-2015 was able to sell 80 aircraft, "Sukhoi" Superjet  thumbsup

This is some serious quantity.

Great news ! next MAKS 150 MS-21 Smile
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:35 pm

Farewell, Antonov. Kyiv Maidan ***holes are killing you.

http://www.rt.com/business/315403-ukraine-russia-aircraft-antonov/

Kiev has forced Ukrainian plane maker Antonov to sever its contract with Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC). This decision is likely linked with Kiev’s move to include Antonov as part of Ukroboronprom, a state-owned strategic conglomerate, Ukrainian media reported.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:58 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Farewell, Antonov. Kyiv Maidan ***holes are killing you.

Kiev has forced Ukrainian plane maker Antonov to sever its contract with Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC). This decision is likely linked with Kiev’s move to include Antonov as part of Ukroboronprom, a state-owned strategic conglomerate, Ukrainian media reported.

I think Saudi Arabia had its arm twisted or sonething cause they ordered something like 60 Antanovs from Ukraine (dont remember model). So that will keep them alive.

That, or Saudi is going to get back at Russia for supporting assad by supporting Ukraine.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:Farewell, Antonov. Kyiv Maidan ***holes are killing you.

I think Saudi Arabia had its arm twisted or sonething cause they ordered something like 60 Antanovs from Ukraine (dont remember model). So that will keep them alive.

That, or Saudi is going to get back at Russia for supporting assad by supporting Ukraine.

Or they just decided to take advantage of Antonov's desperation and the Ukrainian currency's devaluation to cut a good deal for themselves, with tech transfer and domestic production of aircraft that they need.

But hell, it's Saudi Arabia. I'm going with them having their arm twisted/doing favours for the US State Dept.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Iran and Russia concluded a deal worth 21 billion dollars. Iran will buy SSJ-100s, plane parts and satellite parts. That's a huge deal.

http://lenta.ru/news/2015/09/26/iran/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:12 am