Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Share

    Austin

    Posts : 6376
    Points : 6776
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Austin on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:51 pm

    I am hoping Russia in MAKS signs more civil deal like buying more Tu-204SM , Superjet export , MS-21 export etc.

    I would be more happy if they managed to sell more civil aircraft both with numbers and money then says defence stuff.

    I think buying Tu-204SM in big numbers is long over due , and hope they just wont allow any A-320/737 deals to happen atelast discourage airlines buying it
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:06 pm

    I mentioned that importing nearly all western parts was a bad idea. So now Sukhoi civil is sitting on a fiber because they imported the parts. I say let this be a lesson for all other domestic producer. In future, seak from other countries more impartial.

    Hopefully MS-21 is more secured.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4488
    Points : 4661
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:50 pm

    kvs wrote:If NATO imposes sanctions that affect Sukhoi, then Russia should ban all NATO produced aircraft imports
    and start to limit overflight areas for commercial airlines.  

    Meanwhile Russia produces landing gear at a cost-effective price for those countries, as well as a large portion of titanium (even high-valued finished products) sold to NATO states. Are they really stupid enough to open Pandora's box lol?
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5582
    Points : 5686
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:34 pm

    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16709
    Points : 17317
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  GarryB on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:59 am

    I am sure if international flights by Russian carriers are losing money that with the next range of sanctions that if Russia bans overflights of its airspace that EU and NATO and US civil air companies will become rather less competitive with non US/EU/NATO air companies.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    mutantsushi

    Posts : 282
    Points : 304
    Join date : 2013-12-11

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  mutantsushi on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:52 am

    I don't think US carriers have significant cross-Russia flights...?
    It's more of an issue for EU <-> East & SE Asia Asia flight routes, IMHO.
    But unlikely to happen because EU can counter by blocking Russian routes to N/W Africa and Americas.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Guest on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:31 am

    mutantsushi wrote:I don't think US carriers have significant cross-Russia flights...?
    It's more of an issue for EU <-> East & SE Asia Asia flight routes, IMHO.
    But unlikely to happen because EU can counter by blocking Russian routes to N/W Africa and Americas.
    It would affect flights from the East Coast to Asian destinations. As flights there do cross Russia's Far East. But you are right, it could really hurt European carriers heading to China, Japan, India, etc.
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5669
    Points : 6312
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 37
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Viktor on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:07 pm


    Austin

    Posts : 6376
    Points : 6776
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Austin on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:55 pm

    How many firm contracts signed for SSJ-100 so far ? In last count total firm order for SSJ before MAKS was 192 aircraft.

    Any news for more orders for MS-21 and most important Tu-204 ?

    Austin

    Posts : 6376
    Points : 6776
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Austin on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:28 am

    At MAKS-2015 was able to sell 80 aircraft, "Sukhoi" Superjet thumbsup

    The total amount of transactions exceeded $ 3 billion.

    http://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2015/08/31/356721.html

    mutantsushi

    Posts : 282
    Points : 304
    Join date : 2013-12-11

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  mutantsushi on Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:18 am

    http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2015/9/3/3511/

    Superjet will be offering the uprated engines meant for long range/high MTOW version also in standard MTOW version.
    (uprating is solely via FADEC)
    This will facilitate operations in hot and high climates.
    The chief designer mentioned South and Central Africa as major market for this (by which I understand S & Central AMERICA),
    as well as China and India with high elevation areas, as well as EU markets with short airports close to city centers etc.
    I do know Mexico City elevation has specific requirements and this goes for a few other major markets in Mexico, as well as the Andes.

    He also mentioned the winglet modification which will be offered from 2017, claiming it offers up to 4% decrease in fuel consumption,
    which is a signficant amount, I believe P&W GTF on E-Jets had about 15% increase and Superjet already had around 5% on E-Jet,
    so that could possibly halve the gap to newer GTF/ E-Jet T2, while having much lower airframe costs especially with ruble.
    (incidentally I remember asking on avia forums when SJ was launching "why not use winglets" which were cropping up everywhere at the time,
    and people answered me "only older wings benefit from them, SJ's wing is designed so it doesn't need them" ... cue 4% fuel reduction)
    avatar
    Hannibal Barca

    Posts : 1241
    Points : 1263
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:01 pm

    Austin wrote:At MAKS-2015 was able to sell 80 aircraft, "Sukhoi" Superjet  thumbsup

    The total amount of transactions exceeded $ 3 billion.

    http://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2015/08/31/356721.html

    This is some serious quantity.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1659
    Points : 1699
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:31 pm

    fresh from Irkut - assembly of MS-21



    Hannibal Barca wrote:
    Austin wrote:At MAKS-2015 was able to sell 80 aircraft, "Sukhoi" Superjet  thumbsup

    The total amount of transactions exceeded $ 3 billion.

    http://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2015/08/31/356721.html

    This is some serious quantity.

    Great news ! next MAKS 150 MS-21 Smile
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2149
    Points : 2250
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  higurashihougi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:35 pm

    Farewell, Antonov. Kyiv Maidan ***holes are killing you.

    http://www.rt.com/business/315403-ukraine-russia-aircraft-antonov/

    Kiev has forced Ukrainian plane maker Antonov to sever its contract with Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC). This decision is likely linked with Kiev’s move to include Antonov as part of Ukroboronprom, a state-owned strategic conglomerate, Ukrainian media reported.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:58 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:Farewell, Antonov. Kyiv Maidan ***holes are killing you.

    http://www.rt.com/business/315403-ukraine-russia-aircraft-antonov/

    Kiev has forced Ukrainian plane maker Antonov to sever its contract with Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC). This decision is likely linked with Kiev’s move to include Antonov as part of Ukroboronprom, a state-owned strategic conglomerate, Ukrainian media reported.

    I think Saudi Arabia had its arm twisted or sonething cause they ordered something like 60 Antanovs from Ukraine (dont remember model). So that will keep them alive.

    That, or Saudi is going to get back at Russia for supporting assad by supporting Ukraine.
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3258
    Points : 3364
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  flamming_python on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:Farewell, Antonov. Kyiv Maidan ***holes are killing you.

    http://www.rt.com/business/315403-ukraine-russia-aircraft-antonov/

    Kiev has forced Ukrainian plane maker Antonov to sever its contract with Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC). This decision is likely linked with Kiev’s move to include Antonov as part of Ukroboronprom, a state-owned strategic conglomerate, Ukrainian media reported.

    I think Saudi Arabia had its arm twisted or sonething cause they ordered something like 60 Antanovs from Ukraine (dont remember model). So that will keep them alive.

    That, or Saudi is going to get back at Russia for supporting assad by supporting Ukraine.

    Or they just decided to take advantage of Antonov's desperation and the Ukrainian currency's devaluation to cut a good deal for themselves, with tech transfer and domestic production of aircraft that they need.

    ..

    But hell, it's Saudi Arabia. I'm going with them having their arm twisted/doing favours for the US State Dept.
    avatar
    Neutrality

    Posts : 846
    Points : 864
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Neutrality on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:06 pm

    Iran and Russia concluded a deal worth 21 billion dollars. Iran will buy SSJ-100s, plane parts and satellite parts. That's a huge deal.

    http://lenta.ru/news/2015/09/26/iran/
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:16 pm

    Neutrality wrote:Iran and Russia concluded a deal worth 21 billion dollars. Iran will buy SSJ-100s, plane parts and satellite parts. That's a huge deal.

    http://lenta.ru/news/2015/09/26/iran/

    No way! That is a massive deal.

    Hopefully Russia can secure deals for Su-30's to Iran and maybe help them with their tank production.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1659
    Points : 1699
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:43 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:Iran and Russia concluded a deal worth 21 billion dollars. Iran will buy SSJ-100s, plane parts and satellite parts. That's a huge deal.

    http://lenta.ru/news/2015/09/26/iran/

    No way!  That is a massive deal.

    Hopefully Russia can secure deals for Su-30's to Iran and maybe help them with their tank production.

    Well they will unfreeze Iranian ~$100BLN or so and Iran will soon start selling crude. Hope next 20BLN will go to Russian MIC - better deal crude is cheaper but Russian hi-tech in demand:)
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:53 pm

    There is possibility that the news is fake or at least wrong.  Someone commented that on twitter, some high echelon people in Iran stated there was no deal for SSJ-100.  But lets wait and see what Iran says.

    http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/68280/?pid=695827#comments

    marat

    Posts : 157
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-04-26

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  marat on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:23 pm

    I hope that new is true, Iran needs civillian aircrafts.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:53 am

    http://www.trend.az/iran/politics/2436759.html

    According to this, Iran has no plans to buy Russian jets but Boeing or Airbus.......

    So is it possible that Iran took advantage of Russia's assistance on removing sanctions? Cause oil prices are gonna drop further thanks to Iran and now Russia wont get any sales to Iran? Iran is interested in purchasing more aircrafts from the nations that sanctioned them for 30 years?

    Did Iran fold?
    avatar
    ExBeobachter1987

    Posts : 445
    Points : 445
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:07 am

    sepheronx wrote:According to this, Iran has no plans to buy Russian jets but Boeing or Airbus.......

    Makes sense if Iran wants larger plans and does not want to wait.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:16 am

    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:According to this, Iran has no plans to buy Russian jets but Boeing or Airbus.......

    Makes sense if Iran wants larger plans and does not want to wait.

    Not really, no.  Most distances Iran will travel are well within what SSJ-100 can do.

    As well, since the sanctions have lifted, no deals with Russia is being made with Iran.  None.  Besides the completion of the nuclear power plants.  But they are loving the swaths of potential political knob polishing coming from the people who wanted them dead no more than half a year ago.  As well, now Iran wants Russias gas and oil market.  While Russia was offering oil barter trade (probably cancelled now) so Iran can stay afloat.

    I find it also funny that Iran is willing to threaten suing Russia over S-300 but wont sue west over illegal sanctions and sanctioning spare parts of civil jets.

    I think Iran f*d Russia. One of the few nations defending it.
    avatar
    ExBeobachter1987

    Posts : 445
    Points : 445
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:14 am

    sepheronx wrote:Not really, no.  Most distances Iran will travel are well within what SSJ-100 can do.

    The SSJ has only 108 passenger seats.

    sepheronx wrote:As well, since the sanctions have lifted, no deals with Russia is being made with Iran.  None.  Besides the completion of the nuclear power plants.  But they are loving the swaths of potential political knob polishing coming from the people who wanted them dead no more than half a year ago.  As well, now Iran wants Russias gas and oil market.  While Russia was offering oil barter trade (probably cancelled now) so Iran can stay afloat.

    We'll see.
    It was expected that Russia's oil and gas exporters are going to get more competition.

    sepheronx wrote:I find it also funny that Iran is willing to threaten suing Russia over S-300 but wont sue west over illegal sanctions and sanctioning spare parts of civil jets.

    Now you know how the Iranians felt when Russia did not deliver them the S-300 for the sake of the West & Israel.

    sepheronx wrote:I think Iran f*d Russia. One of the few nations defending it.

    How much did it cost Russia to "defend" Iran?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:16 am