Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
Krepost
Airbornewolf
marcellogo
klahtinen
Erk
Arsenic
littlerabbit
zare
T-47
walle83
Lapain
Azi
ucmvulcan
zorobabel
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
mack8
diabetus
DerWolf
11E
par far
Godric
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Big_Gazza
ArgentinaGuard
Podlodka77
Rasisuki Nebia
lyle6
Odin of Ossetia
sundoesntrise
Sujoy
ahmedfire
Werewolf
billybatts91
limb
nomadski
AMCXXL
Hinex1988
Walther von Oldenburg
pavi
Firebird
Scorpius
TMA1
SolidarityWithRussia
mavaff
Regular
sepheronx
kvs
PhSt
Belisarius
GarryB
VARGR198
JohninMK
franco
Kiko
Ispan
caveat emptor
mnztr
Isos
Broski
thegopnik
Dr.Snufflebug
ALAMO
SeigSoloyvov
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Arrow
flamming_python
Hole
Backman
higurashihougi
ludovicense
famschopman
PapaDragon
Arkanghelsk
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36

mavaff
    mavaff

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 4 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36

Post  mavaff Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:46 am

Isos wrote:The guy on the left didn't have rifle in hands. He surrendered. The guy on the right was confused but wasn't trying to shoot at him.

I understand the adrenaline and shock but that could have ended better.

He is also very shocked at the end of the video and will make bad dreams about this for sure.

Actually he had. On Twitter I have seen a slow-mo version of the video and the hand of the left soldier, at the very right bottom of the display, grabs his rifle. I am sorry I cannot find it right now. I still think it's a sad video but which other option had the Russian guy?

EDIT: found it.

Last edited by mavaff on Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, zepia and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 4 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36

Post  Regular Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:52 am

What option? Shoot first, ask questions later.

It was very dangerous for him to act like this, him being humane almost cost his and his soldiers lives.

Police in some US states wouldn't think twice in similar situations IN CIVILIAN environment.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs and owais.usmani like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:54 am

There will probably be a massive cruise missile barrage today, by the way. Probably, not certainly. The usual ships and submarines have restocked and left port, both the BSF out of Novorossiysk and Sevastopol, and the Caspian flottilla as well.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:55 am

There is a much longer vid of the whole battle that lasts a few minutes.
    It was a fearsome one, and a guy actually killed&wounded  several Ukrs in that.
    He looks like a very good shooter actually, and obviously a skilled assault trooper.
    Anyway, the heat of battle was very high there, and Ukrs refused to surrender after multiple calls and being surrounded.
    There was not a single clue why he shouldn't kill them on spot, yet he tried to save them.
    And reacted finally to the fact that the young one grabbed a rifle, and the old one refused to give away his.
    I will try to find it later.

Edit : OK, I have it.

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/75042

Gore content warning.

GarryB, flamming_python, Regular, kvs, zepia, Hole and Broski like this post

SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:59 am

I wonder what happens, when Russia is going to run out of targets. Western MSM would tell us that the Russian firing rate has decreased because they ran out of ammo. clown

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Belisarius like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:01 am

What a beautiful cathedral. Didnt think it possible to touch the glory of former days.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and lyle6 like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:57 am

According to information from the Ukrainian servicemen who surrendered, during the assault on Soledar, the units of the AFU and the National Guard lost about 16-17 KIA battalions.
    According to RT, taking into account the large number of seriously wounded and missing both from these units and from reinforcements that arrived in the city, the total losses of all armed formations of Ukraine in Soledar since the beginning of autumn 2022 may be about 20-25 thousand people.
    https://russian.rt.com/ussr/news/1096179-poteri-vsu-boi-soledar

GarryB, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:33 am

The usual Telegram channels have turned into a gore fest. Literally droves of KIA Ukrainians. In the forest, in trenches, on the streets, in buildings, everywhere.

Wouldn't surprise me if those numbers are true.

GarryB, Regular, Big_Gazza, kvs and owais.usmani like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:41 am

This time, according to analysts, Russia has run out of artillery ammunition.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:43 am

psg wrote:    psg wrote:    Better solution than awacs could be a tethered aerostat, with multi faceted radar, 4 of them at a height of around 150/200ft, that would be adequate enough to pick up the small uav's at a standoff range, outside of the danger  zone of parked aircraft and other essential facilities, with 24hrs coverage and more Panstir's plus 4 Tor M2 both with a mix of the mini missiles developed to counter small uav's

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:
    The better solution is to lay the entire atom bomber fleet to a completely new Airbase.

This should not have a forest, no villages or cities or other hills within a radius of 25km. Then pull three security zones around this new base of 1km, 5km, 25km.

Ring 1 close range 1km, with 2x S-400, 2xS-500, 2xBUKM3, 8x TorM2, plus fixed 12x AK630 near-area defense.
    Ring 2 at 5km, with 8x BukM3 in east, south, west and north from the base. In addition, 2 TorM2 for the BukM3, at Südost 2x TorM2, Südwest 2xtorm2, northwest 2x TorM2, northeast 2x TorM2.
    Ring 3 at 10km, every 3km 2x PanzirSM system.

Of course, the basis should also have a Groupe of MIG-31BM, a Groupe SU-35 and monitoring drones for the range with 24/7 service as protection.

Space for at least 48 protected parking spaces (which never allow a review from space) for TU-160 and TU-95. However, 96 parking spaces would be better. That means the base should be very large. In addition, three very wide runway.

Similar to T-3 the Syrian.
    Please put the whole base behind Moscow.
    T-3 The Syrian is also far from the IDF.

Would be a very big large solar park in the Place where sheep keep everything short.
    No tree within a radius of 25km. Everything solar. Everything can be easily overlooked by Radar.

Apparently the strategic forces were moved somewhere else ... as I hope.
    https://zn.ua/WORLD/rossijane-vtroe-umenshili-kolichestvo-boesposobnykh-samoletov-na-aerodrome-enhels-2-za-mesjats-skhemy.html
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:02 am

Arrow wrote:This time, according to analysts, Russia has run out of artillery ammunition.

Look, I'm no expert, and volumes are kinda semi-secret in this sphere but...

VTMZ alone has the stated production capacity of 500-700 million artillery shell casings per annum. Don't know about the other component manufacturers (fuzes, fillers etc) but that, to me, at least hints that the industry is set up in such a way that no, they aren't gonna run out. Like ever.

Also, that number was from a 2021 article I found. The market situation in 2022 and now going into 2023 has been a bit different concerning this industry.

edit: aaand speaking of that, Kronstadt has apparently started delivering Orion UCAVs in large numbers?

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, starman, Hole, owais.usmani, lyle6 and like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:15 am

On the topic of the 2 "Ukrainian" (I should really say AMERICAN) troops being killed, the Russian soldier was taking huge risks. He was literally milliseconds away from death.

Firstly look how the enemies are when he approaches. No hands up, no nothing.
    At the end, the right hand enemy has his gun pointing at the Russian. It would take milliseconds to move his hand to the trigger. And the Russian may well have died.

The lefthand enemy, again there is huge danger for the Russian. The enemy has persistently failed to put his hands up too. The hand movements across the chest mean nothing. It could be to freeze the Russian who is already contending with an enemy rifle still pointed at him after... 15 or so seconds or calls to surrender. The left hand enemy may easily have pulled for a pistol in his chest or wherever.

The Russian is very lucky to be alive. He was an absolute hero. In fact far too much of a hero. Hopefully he will be far more cautious from now on. I would have killed both from 20 ft away. Without malice, just common sense as part of the operation of liberation from evil.

And the "Ukrainians" only have themselves to blame. If I can work out what happened over 8 yrs of advancing Fascism from England, I'm sure they could have worked it out from Ground Central. That can only be a warning to others, who refuse to question the lies the Western Establishment peddle.

GarryB, kvs, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:27 am

Looks like Sarovikin has a new rank. What is it, from the shoulder badge?

What is the significance of the blue jacket?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 4 FmPqFYYaAAItMjx?format=jpg&name=small

GarryB likes this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:31 am

He's been General of the Army since 2021, that's what he still is.

Blue is the VKS color.

edit: And regarding Surovikin, western media goes with "Putin sacks Surovikin", he's "demoted" etc, and replaced with Gerasimov.

From what I can tell, that's not really the case. Instead, it's a streamlining thing. Gerasimov was always Surovikins superior anyway.

I know very little of how these things work, but after having read multiple analyses by people far more knowledgeable than me my understanding goes something like:

Code:

So from:

(Putin)
        |
    (Shoigu)
        |
    Gerasimov -- (Kim, Salyukov)
        |       /
        |      /
     Surovikin

To:

(Putin)
        |
    (Shoigu)
          \
           \
            \
             \
          Gerasimov
        /     |     \
      /       |       \
    Kim   Surovikin   Salyukov

So Gerasimov "steps down" to the position (or elevates it, rather) that was created for Surovikin ("joint forces commander"). The latter keeps his turf though, they want him to keep doing what he's doing, so nothing really changes for him, but the operation is widened with two additional commanders (General of the Army Salyukov, and Colonel General Kim) that some assume will be responsible for new axes, ie some form of escalation in terms of forces committed.

That makes sense to me, anyway.

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Hannibal Barca, Hole and Broski like this post

pavi

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 4 Empty WIA vs. KIA

Post  pavi Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:40 am

"I don't want to dampen the mood. But here's another example of Russia respecting the rules of war too much.

That depends on the perspective.
    A KIA is a thing done. Cause no further issues.
    WIA needs medevac, treatment, medicines. Consumes resources of all kinds.
    From that perspective, letting them go with WIAs makes more harm than taking them out. "

I totally agree latter one. When I was in military service, I was thought to aim always middle of the torso: 1) biggest target and therefore most propable hit. 2) Hit on stomach won't kill instantly, but leaves enemy totally disabled, and causes a lot of trouble for medics, transportation, hospitals, etc. Eventually it burdens your enemy much more than KIA. In most cases severly injured is also out of action permanently.

GarryB, Regular, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:59 am

One of the Ukrainian soldiers who wanted to didn't know how to give up was doxed and apparently, he was a Bandera fan who worked in Gdansk before he got back to fight. Could have his whole life ahead of him. His Instagram is being trolled, pretty low class and I thought only Ukrainians do that.

Also, not sure if the longer footage was posted here

The GoPro guy killed 3 more Ukrainians (one with shots in the torso, one took the whole mag until he died, and another one got his head drilled with two shots by the end. The footage is not graphic, but the pictures are. He reports the kills over the radio and to his fire team member)

He was trying to get them to surrender during the whole firefight and it seems no one surrendered in the end.

Video and pictures can be found here

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/75040?single

Also, don't believe Ukrainians saying that Russians were dressed as Ukrainians, they were clearly not.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 4 Image98

GarryB, Firebird, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, lyle6 and Broski like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:18 pm

What comes next after Soledar and Bakhmut are liberated?
    Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:34 pm

Regarding this situation with the video: at first, the Ukrainian unit was surrounded, and they were offered to surrender several times. Then the assault began, during which the video with the murder of two Ukrainians was filmed - there a fighter storming the positions of the enemy who refused to surrender gives these idiots another chance to stay alive. They didn't take this chance. The question is closed. After the first refusal to lay down their arms, Russian fighters could simply request the closure of Ukrainian positions from artillery, MLRS or thermobaric weapons. Instead, they, risking their heads every time, tactically outplayed the Ukrainians and ONCE AGAIN offered them to lay down their arms. So in this video , every murder of Ukrainian soldiers is the result of their independent careful efforts .

GarryB, Firebird, Big_Gazza, kvs, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:36 pm

GENEVA, January 12. /TASS/. A total of 7,967,409 Ukrainian refugees have arrived in European countries since Russia launched its special military operation, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) said on Wednesday.

According to the information available to the UNHCR, the number has increased by 52,122 over the past week.

The UNHCR said that between February 24, 2022 and January 10, 2023, the biggest number of 2,852,395 people sought refuge in Russia. It is followed by Poland (1,563,386), Germany (1,021,667), the Czech Republic (478,614), Italy (167,925), Spain (161,012), the UK (154,600), Bulgaria (150,510), France (118,994), Romania (106,786), Slovakia (105,732) and Moldova (102,016). The figure does not exceed 100,000 people in other states. As many as 4,926,369 refugees are included in national temporary protection and support programs.

According to the UNHCR, 17,408,643 people have arrived in neighboring countries from Ukraine since February 24. At the same time, 9,376,677 people crossed the border into Ukraine.

GarryB, Hole, lancelot and Broski like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:44 pm

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, starman and Hole like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:45 pm

franco wrote:GENEVA, January 12. /TASS/. A total of 7,967,409 Ukrainian refugees have arrived in European countries since Russia launched its special military operation, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) said on Wednesday.
    Add to this the approximately 6 million people living in the regions that became part of Russia in 2022.
    Roughly speaking, if 41 million people lived in Ukraine in 2013, by 2023 this number only due to these data decreased by -2.5 million (Crimea, 2014), -8 million (refugees, 2022), - 6 million (2022, lost territories), at least 16.5 million in total. That is, now no more than 24.5 million people live in the territories controlled by Ukraine.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs and owais.usmani like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:51 pm

Add the first wave of refugees that left 404 after 2014, and that was some +/-7 mln as well.
    Ukroshitstan as we speak is a shithole well below 20 mln.
    With totally inadequate societal characteristics.
    That is what all the new models for population structure put them as one of the oldest societies in the WHOLE of Europe by 2050.
    They are really at the edge of mobilization potential. Russkie already took out half of the entire mobilization potential, and we are talking the best one. The regular army of 2021, the first waves of mobilization ...
    Half of the POWs we can watch have no teeth. And I mean it.

And, no matter if we like it or not, this is I guess the Russian Generalplan West. They will make the remains of 404 such a shithole, with a shadow of the population, that their potential against the RF will be equal to the Romanian. They will soon be jealous for the African standards of living.
    And that rotten corps will be further drained of all the resources Russkie will consider useful.

My very first idea is that they can't be left with a single atomic grade infrastructure, because we don't know what idiocy they can figure out having nuclear waste and reactors. And that would require dismantling all the NPPs that will be left on the remains of Ukr. Because who said that a nuclear reactor can't be dismantled?

GarryB, kvs, Rodion_Romanovic, Hole and Broski like this post

Hinex1988

Post  Hinex1988 Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:55 pm

⚡ Russian Defence Ministry report on the progress of the special military operation in Ukraine (12 January 2023)

The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue the special military operation.

💥 In Kupyansk direction, Russian forces launched strikes with artillery and Army Aviation at the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) near Kislovka, Berestovoye (Kharkov region), and Novosyolovskoye (Lugansk People's Republic).

◻ 5 hostile sabotage and reconnaissance groups have been eliminated near Kislovka, Olshana, Tabayevka, Krakhmalnoye, and Pershotravnevoye (Kharkov region).

◻ The enemy has lost over 30 personnel, 2 armoured fighting vehicles, and 3 pickups.

💥 In Krasny Liman direction, complex fire attacks launched by Russian units at the AFU have resulted in the elimination of over 100 Ukrainian personnel, 4 armoured fighting vehicles, and 3 motor vehicles near Stelmakhovka, Novolyubovka, Nevskoye (Lugansk People's Republic), Serebryanka, and Grigorovka (Donetsk People's Republic).

💥 In Donetsk direction, Russian forces continued successful offensive.

◻ Air and artillery strikes have resulted in the irretrievable losses of up to 70 Ukrainian personnel, 1 tank, 3 armoured fighting vehicles, and 4 motor vehicles.

💥 In South Donetsk direction, complex fire strikes launched at AFU units have resulted in the elimination of up to 30 Ukrainian personnel, 2 armoured fighting vehicles, and 3 motor vehicles near Novomikhaylovka, Prechistovka, and Novosyolka (Donetsk People's Republic).

💥 Operational-Tactical and Army Aviation, Missile Troops and Artillery have neutralised 2 AFU ordnance depots near Zaporozhye and Novoivanovka (Zaporozhye region), as well as 76 artillery units at their firing positions, manpower and hardware in 123 areas.

💥 Couterbattery warfare operation resulted in destruction of:

▪ 3 Ukrainian fighting vehicles equipped with Grad multiple-launch rocket system (MLRS) near Kupyansk, Petropavlovka (Kharkov region), and Ivanovka (Donetsk People's Republic);

▪ 2 U.S.-manufactured M-777 and M109 Paladin artillery systems near Lozovoye and Peschanoye (Donetsk People's Republic);

▪ 2 2S1 Gvozdika self-propelled howitzers near Burlatskoye (Donetsk People's Republic) and Orekhov (Zaporozhye region).

◻ 1 U.S.-manufactured AN/TPQ-50 counterbattery warfare radar has been destroyed near Lozovoye (Donetsk People's Republic).

✈💥 Fighter Aviation of Russian Aerospace Forces has shot down 1 Su-25 airplane of Ukrainian Air Force near Nikanorovka (Donetsk People's Republic).

💥 Air defence facilities have destroyed 5 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Starobelsk, Chervonopopovka, Sofiyevka (Lugansk People's Republic), Nikolskoye (Donetsk People's Republic), as well as three rocket-propelled projectiles launched by HIMARS and Olkha MLRS near Molochansk and Chistopolye (Zaporozhye region).

📊 In total, 372 airplanes and 200 helicopters, 2,873 unmanned aerial vehicles, 400 air defence missile systems, 7,486 tanks and other armoured fighting vehicles, 979 fighting vehicles equipped with MLRS, 3,813 field artillery cannons and mortars, as well as 8,019 units of special military equipment have been destroyed during the special military operation.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #report
    @mod_russia_en
    ▪

https://t.me/mod_russia_en/5755

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, starman, Hole and Broski like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:03 pm

"TeGeran", which blows up the Western world

CNN, of course, well done. Are able to work. They know how, most importantly, to get information and present it beautifully. They know how to think a little worse, because if they thought, then the information would be kept in the style of the Russian Ministry of Defense. Sometimes, you know, it's better to chew than to talk, if there is no time to think.

What's the question?

The question is that the Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down the "Tegeranka" and she got to them in a very necessary form. What the specialists took advantage of and made an analysis of the fallen offal of the drone.

In general, "Shahed-136" is an outrageously simple thing. Ukrainian specialists counted only 52 details. Everything is fine, you can be happy for them, men know how to count. What is the gap?

And the problem is that out of 52 parts, 40 were not made in Iran. And not even in China, which would be understandable and forgivable. They are American. Moreover, not one of some traitor companies, 13 American companies worked on the components! The remaining 12 parts have a distinct trail leading to Canada, Switzerland, Japan, Thailand and China.

Like Raikin: “Who sewed the suit? - We!!!".

Cianan's, as expected, climbed with revelations, and here it became somewhat inconvenient. So much has been done to the rustle that very high-ranking officials in some countries became worried.

For example, the Canadian company Tallysman Wireless supplied some components for Shahed-136, and in such quantities that Giles Panter, the company's executive director, had to take the rap, saying that the company generally supports Ukraine, but the trouble is, you can't always find out where the path of each individual product released by the company ends.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also noted the statement that "attention will be increased, measures taken and in general!".

“Ay, darling, what a chic module for Wi-Fi! Give me a hundred, I'll set it up for the whole village! - said a dark-skinned and bearded citizen of the world, placing an order via the Internet with delivery to Libya.

Themselves, perhaps unwillingly, but employees of CNN gave a hefty slap in the face to everyone, including the special services. Unpleasant, but it turned out that the sanctions do not just not work, no, they work that way, but the market ...

In short, the whole world has long been making money on the shadow trade in components for Iranian UAVs. And because of the obvious corruption schemes, Canada bears the greatest reputational cost, which has worked very hard to supply the Iranian unmanned program.

FULL ARTICLE: https://topwar-ru.translate.goog/208426-tegeran-kotoraja-vzryvaet-zapadnyj-mir.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

GarryB, kvs, ALAMO, Hole and Broski like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:11 pm

Reminds me of the "nuclear proliferation threat" of the 90´s. All western MSM talked about poor russian scientists leaving for 
    Iran or NK or selling them a nuclear bomb. Then Pakistan build the bomb and sourced all needed parts from western countries.  Laughing

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 4 Fmrgp410
    Something is brewing.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #36 - Page 4 Rus-ar10

GarryB, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, VARGR198 and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:13 am