Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+79
SolidarityWithRussia
walle83
mnrck
Ned86
bandit6
Sujoy
Regular
Kiko
Belisarius
Robert.V
Odin of Ossetia
lancelot
calripson
d_taddei2
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
Dr.Snufflebug
franco
Werewolf
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
par far
owais.usmani
lyle6
SeigSoloyvov
Walther von Oldenburg
Broski
Arsenic
PhSt
ahmedfire
Mir
andalusia
Ispan
VARGR198
Isos
LMFS
0nillie0
auslander
Podlodka77
Azi
Tolstoy
mnztr
Arkanghelsk
AlfaT8
ludovicense
ALAMO
mavaff
AMCXXL
GunshipDemocracy
Airbornewolf
Hole
GarryB
billybatts91
famschopman
Arrow
Firebird
nomadski
Erk
zepia
wilhelm
crod
sepheronx
TMA1
Lapain
ucmvulcan
flamming_python
Backman
Tsavo Lion
thegopnik
Big_Gazza
zorobabel
PapaDragon
caveat emptor
JohninMK
ArgentinaGuard
DerWolf
limb
Scorpius
83 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    avatar
    limb


    Posts : 1550
    Points : 1576
    Join date : 2020-09-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  limb Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:24 am

    Erk wrote:
    limb wrote:

    But I thought that the Russian army wont liberate anything for the foreseeable future. After all their goal is to denazify, not liberate.

    Don't try to think, you are not good at it.
    Just observe what actually happens, and leave it at that.

    I observe whats actually happening every day. Whats actually happening is that almost nothing is liberated since july. There is some denazification and decommuniazation though. However nazification in terms of terror and brainwashing of the russian population is going completely unimpeded in most of novorossiya, since nothing has been liberated for a long time.

    Odin of Ossetia likes this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 8988
    Points : 9050
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  flamming_python Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:30 am

    Ned86 wrote:Recent Ka-52 video 

    But the doomers told us Russian helicopters are not using ATGMs dunno

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, Ned86, Hole, Mir and like this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4638
    Points : 4630
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Big_Gazza Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:38 am

    Razz

    GarryB, Firebird, Airbornewolf, kvs, auslander, Hole, Mir and like this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 6667
    Points : 6757
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  ALAMO Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:38 am

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Russia doesn't have death penalty correct, I wonder as a federation that a region could be granted such. Either way people do die in captivity from their war injuries lol!

    It is not correct.
    Capital punishment do exist in the Russian Federation criminal code, yet it has been suspended in 1996 by the Yeltsin signed moratorium for 13 years. It has been prolonged, last time in 2009, so will cease to exist this year.
    That is why there has been some dispute about returning to the death penalty in Russia just by not prolonging it.
    It was one of the points valid for being an active member of the Council of Europe, and I suppose that RF gives a fuk about that.

    GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, kvs, JohninMK, Sprut-B, lancelot and like this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4638
    Points : 4630
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Big_Gazza Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:48 am

    So many Ukro civvie vehicles being commandeered for military use....



    Last edited by Big_Gazza on Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

    GarryB, kvs, auslander, zepia, Hole, Mir, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 10684
    Points : 10662
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 47
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Hole Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:49 am

    Erk wrote: No doubt they will alter it as countermeasures evolve.
    Just send more drones.  Very Happy

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, Mir, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4638
    Points : 4630
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Big_Gazza Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:55 am

    Razz

    GarryB, psg, d_taddei2, kvs, auslander, zepia, JohninMK and like this post

    franco
    franco


    Posts : 6705
    Points : 6731
    Join date : 2010-08-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  franco Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:56 am

    Shoot out at the K corral Twisted Evil

    Mercenaries from Warsaw and militants of the "Right Sector" * from Lvov began to beat each other in the trenches with machine guns

    Polish mercenaries and pravoseki * in the Kremennaya area shot each other.

    Sooner or later it had to happen.

    Contradictions between pravoseki and mercenaries are growing every day. And for a long time. Despite the fact that they seem to be fighting side by side. There are several reasons for this.

    Firstly, the Right Sectors are a kind of elite of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Like SS units in the Ukrainian army. They have really good military training. They clearly demonstrated this in Mariupol. They have been fighting for a long time, they have gained enough combat experience. This raises them even more in their own eyes. Right-wingers have a saying: “Above us, there are only stars. Brighter than us - only the sun. The status among the security forces is obvious.

    And then impudent Poles come and begin to “swing rights”. The Nazis, of course, "by nature, everything boiled inside." And they grabbed their guns. But the Poles, too, were not a blunder. And they sent opponents to Bandera first.

    In fact, both the Right Sectors and the Poles had the same military concept - not to take risks themselves once again, but to send the least valuable members of society into battle. Those who are not sorry. If the Poles had not been at hand, the right-wingers would have driven the therodefense into battle.

    And if there are both, they sacrifice less valuable personnel. Less valuable in this case, of course, are mercenaries - regardless of origin, whether they are Africans, British, Croats or Poles. Are you paid a salary? Here, go and do it. In addition, there could be close relatives between the National Battalion and the defense forces. Of course, it is better to throw a pshek under the fire of Russian artillery than a godfather, son-in-law or nephew.

    And the Poles understood this very well. And in order to demonstrate their courage to these Ukrainian “serfs” (and the “branded” Polish arrogance obliges), they really went on the attack on Russian borders several times. And the Russian art, as expected, “unwound” them all over the steppe. The push didn't work.

    The very first "two hundred" sobered hot Polish heads. They realized that they were being thrown to the slaughter. In the modern Ukrainian army, it is generally not customary to feel sorry for people.

    And the proud Poles raised a small-town revolt on the scale of a brigade - they say, if you really want to die, break into the Russian positions yourself. Word for word, the situation escalated. National insults were used as heavy artillery (as is most often the case). The last argument should have been an automatic queue. But here the Poles were quicker.

    In this case, the Polish ambition played a positive role. He added determination and bitterness to the Poles. In addition, their comrades-in-arms had just died in their arms. This embittered them even more. And instead of languages, automata spoke.

    After this exchange of fire in the “opornik”, the Poles and the Right Sectors fled to different flanks of the brigade. The authorities of the unit extinguished the conflict as best they could by removing the mercenaries from the unit. But the bloody residue remained.

    What conclusions will the leadership of the Armed Forces draw from this? Will do some. Most likely, the Poles will be withdrawn from mixed formations. Mercenary brigades will now be formed on a national basis.

    The Poles are likely to be allowed to engage in their favorite kind of activity - intelligence, local sabotage and attacks on rear columns. And as a bonus - the robbery of civilians.

    Apparently, the Poles will no longer want to take part in direct clashes. This right after a shootout they won with blood. Some of the mercenaries will understand that the "Russian safari" obviously did not work out in Ukraine. Little of. It turns out that the Ukrainians, for whom they are fighting, also keep them as a “consumable”. The most intelligent, after realizing this fact, will return home. The more frostbitten will continue to tempt fate.

    And the Ukrainians, especially those who were exhausted from the desire to become "Czeuropa", once again understood how this "Czeuropa" treats them.

    Of course, the Ukrainian media will do everything possible to hush up this bloody conflict. The thimbler Arestovich will come up with another cheap excuse. Or even pretend that nothing happened. Unless the soldier's "overcoat radio" will work. But that's good too.

    By the way, ironically, there are also quite a few ethnic Poles among Ukrainian Rightists. The same Biletsky , for example. That is, it turns out that the Poles - representatives of one people, but citizens of different states - shot at each other. Political addictions were stronger than the call of blood.

    This once again emphasizes that the Americans do not care not only for the Slavs, but for all Europeans in general, regardless of nationality. And for the right to remain the world's gendarme, they are ready to fight with Russia to the last Ukrainian, Pole, Croat, German, and further down the list.

    https://svpressa-ru.translate.goog/war21/article/350427/?utm_source=warfiles.ru&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

    GarryB, auslander, JohninMK, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

    Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4638
    Points : 4630
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Big_Gazza Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:07 am



    grrr.. now deleted.

    Twatter are censoring MFers...


    Last edited by Big_Gazza on Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

    d_taddei2, kvs and Mir like this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4638
    Points : 4630
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Big_Gazza Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:30 am

    Spoiler:

    GarryB, auslander and Broski like this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4638
    Points : 4630
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Big_Gazza Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:40 am

    Spoiler:

    GarryB, auslander, klahtinen and Broski like this post

    Ispan
    Ispan


    Posts : 643
    Points : 655
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 47
    Location : Madrid

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Ispan Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:52 am

    Ispan wrote:A belated report of the past 4 days, with some analysis about casualties and the general situation, more entries to come soon

    https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/10/26/noticias-de-la-guerra-resumen-del-21-al-25-octubre-informe-especial/

    and an analysis in depth about losses in the past two months

    https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/10/26/perdidas-de-ucrania-septiembre-a-octubre/

    Follow up, on the battle for Kherson

    https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/10/27/sobre-la-batalla-de-kherson-situacion-y-perspectivas-ii/

    about Ukrainian armored vehicles and replacements

    https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/10/26/perdidas-de-ucrania-blindados/

    GarryB and zepia like this post

    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2929
    Points : 3103
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland Alba

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  d_taddei2 Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:59 am

    Haven't been following the Germany and Hamburg port issue, but it seems Germany is allowing the Chinese to buy a stake in the Hamburg energy hub at the port but at a lower stake. And German chancellor is planning a visit to China soon, I can't help but feel this is going to be a back door into getting cheap Russian gas via China. Germany has pretty much cut fossil fuel and nuclear production in favour of Russian energy, and now with the war it's found itself screwed and being held to ransom by USA LNG. Germany needs a solution and maybe this is it.

    GarryB, psg, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, auslander, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4638
    Points : 4630
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Big_Gazza Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:22 am

    flamming_python, Hole and Podlodka77 like this post

    avatar
    Firebird


    Posts : 1722
    Points : 1752
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Firebird Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:26 am

    Big_Gazza wrote: Razz

    In England they have stopped using wooden benches it seems. Maybe Greta Fuckwitberg doesn't like them?
    They definitely have begun stopping iron benches. Because gypsies sell them for scrap.

    The metal bins and benches are replaced by plastic ones... which often get burnt and melt down due to vandals.

    But anyway, Latvia... what wankers. The 3 Baltics are certainly high on a list for deCommunisation. Altho I think Kazakstan needs sorting next as well.

    psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, auslander, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 38931
    Points : 39427
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  GarryB Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:53 am

    Puzzle solved. This is what the Iranians are flying in and its not drones.

    ZOKA
    @200_zoka
    ·
    46m
    Iranian Sprite in Donetsk and Iranian Coca-Cola in Mariupol

    That is excellent... if people have to drink shitty sugar drinks then make sure America does not get the profits from their evil.

    I really cannot understand for the life of me why Russia hasn't done this. Putin just seems to be too "nice" ie deluding himself that he is going the right way.

    He doesn't need to stoop to their level and Russian relations with the rest of the world will be better if he doesn't.

    The fact of the matter is that the US is destroying itself... Putin just needs to let them do it.

    Western media: Iran sending chemical weapons to Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Deadly WMD chemicals at that... give the Iranian name till it hits the head lines and then show the photo of them to punchline the joke.

    West wants to destroy Orthodox Christianity but not the other denominations.

    With the west it is our way or the highway... they want to destroy all alternatives...

    If that were true why have the alleged "Poles" not defected to the Russian side?

    It can be true without suggesting those Poles have changed sides... they simply don't want to be cannon fodder used in suicide charges on machine guns and artillery, they still want to kill Russians or they could have left the battlefield and tried to go home.

    Just think about it, if that really happened they would have had no other choice.

    Not really... they could simply say that the nazis that came to make them attack the well defended enemy positions were not very convincing and so to get us to attack they showed us how to do it and were killed trying... or some such bullshit.

    Do you expect me to believe that they sit there and await some sort of fair trial?

    They would have went over to the Russian side of the front-line by now.

    They are mercenaries... they already know they wont be treated as prisoners of war by the other side... given the choice of life in prison or death charge on enemy positions, or staying where you are I think I understand they decision they have taken.

    Probably a clever fabrication in order to make these ethnic Ukrainians from Poland look "more genuinely Polish."

    Or just a fact that the Nazis when they are outnumbered, can't force large groups to commit suicide when they understand what is happening.

    You do realize as mercenaries they are subject to the death penalty right?

    And the British mercs had the problem that the UK government did not recognise the groups holding their ex citizens and I suspect Poland would be just as stubborn.

    This is why Western Ukraine needs to be invaded and the Polish/Ukraine border shut.

    He is confident because all of Americas lackeys have to feed the machine and buy American overpriced weapons... it is how they sell weapons... expansion of HATO or invasion.

    Esit: and Smoothi X12 was saying they were made and designed in Russia. Not Ukraine. Or did he say they were designed in Ukraine?

    Designed in Russia is a bit of a stretch... they took an Iranian shell design and probably put Russian bits into it like GLONASS navigation electronics, and probably other components Iran could not source from the west... I suspect the Russians approached the Iranians after observing them in Syria and asked to have a go and after playing with them made a deal with Iran... I rather suspect a GLONASS guided drone is better than one just using INS (Inertial navigation system), and they could probably already supply components they have to make themselves because they can't import them from the west any more...

    Sounds like Russia gets a mature and capable strike drone and Iran gets a customer and money and probably a source for components for Drones and likely a lot more they are using those bits for.

    Countries like Turkey forced to go to Ukraine for parts after western sanctions can probably get better parts from Russia now too.

    I'm hoping they will increase the damage and range of lancet now to make it effective in hitting formations.

    Drone designs are not fixed and are evolving all the time... the current Lancets are called Lancet IIIs aren't they?

    And with that Russian company stating they will be making electric motors from very small to rather large the options are expanding too... I mean even fitting an electric motor with extra propellers to a drone with a small internal combustion engine could radically boost performance... a small diesel driven motor with a propeller on one end of the drive shaft and a dynamo on the other generating power that could be used directly to drive another electric motor driving another propeller to boost thrust and speed and range without adding a lot of weight or drag would be interesting, but electric motors could just be attached to fuel driven engines to generate power on a drone for running jammers or signal boosters or radar or a range of other electronics...

    i hope russia passed on the anti radar tech to iran - would add a decent bit of potency for them.

    It would be a good way to sweeten the deal for Iran...

    Wrong. May have been before they became part of Russia but I seem to remember discussion that Russia doesn't have the death penalty.

    They still don't recognise mercs as combatants so it is likely life in prison...

    You say how u behave returns back to you.
    Problem is, with America it hasn't.

    But the rest of the world are not supporting America because they see how they behave... if Russia turns out to be just the same but with a slightly different hymn book to preach to them and tell them what to do... well I can tell you a lot of people will be disappointed.

    In any case, Putin has made some cryptic suggestions that he might not be "Mr Nice Guy" forever with Uncle Scam.

    He has recognised the situation and understands Russia has no future with the west in its current form... there has even been mention that Russian diplomats are not safe in some countries and serve no purpose for instance in the EU because the EU is not calling the shots so why bother talking to them just as an example?

    The Dnieper and across Odessa is a long border. With many Banderite troops to fight.
    That is why I wonder N Transnistria to Belarus is a far shorter distance (1/3rd or less?).

    If Banderites run across to this "neck of the regime", Russia can mop up more of the S East in the meantime.

    Since Russian forces withdrew from Kiev Zelensky has not be interested in any negotiations... the initial attack was made with rather less than 300K soldiers... I suspect with the addition of 300K soldiers they could capture large areas of territory if they bypass settlements and surround occupied cities and towns including Kiev, as they lose soldiers the quality is going down dramatically... I wonder how current forces would deal with being surrounded and not supplied or supported by Kiev...

    but if russia liberates a further 4 oblasts, stops nato building a monster naval port in odessa, plus russia enjoying trillions in gdp in resources over the coming decades couple with neutrality then it will be worth the pain, suffering and loss.

    The fact of the matter is that Russia had no choice... this conflict was happening one way or another... if they didn't start it on their terms Kiev would have started it on their terms and it would have been a lot bloodier in terms of Russian loses in that case.

    Russia doesn't have death penalty correct, I wonder as a federation that a region could be granted such. Either way people do die in captivity from their war injuries

    They don't consider mercs to be combatants so non combatants found armed on a battlefield... do they even take them prisoner in the first place?

    But this doesn't matter... these poles are there because they hate Russians and want to kill them... they are just not ready to die in a suicide frontal charge just yet.

    The enemy is heavily stretched along the front, forced to use foreign mercenaries on the main lines, which mercenaries in turn refuse to fight as infantry, causing many conflicts between them and the national battalions—in disputes over the right to hide behind the backs of untrained AFU soldiers of the 50+ age category.

    So they have not had a change of heart... they just want meatshields to operate from behind when engaging the enemy...

    Also 2 sets of Nasmas were delivered and are in use already - so sky over Ukraine will get more dangerous for Russian planes and missiles long term.

    Slowly more advanced weapons systems will arrive, Russia can not do much about it.

    They are only arriving in token amounts, because the US knows there is little they can do to really stop the Russians winning, but they would like to test their systems against the Russians, but they forget the Russians actually benefit from analysing how US and EU military equipment works and how to defeat it.

    They stopped using Turkish drones because it was embarrassing the makers to see how easily large slow drones can be shot down with decent air defence systems... will be interesting for Russian experts to get a chance to learn how to defeat IRS-T and AMRAAM.

    And then how amazing will HATO look...

    I observe whats actually happening every day. Whats actually happening is that almost nothing is liberated since july. There is some denazification and decommuniazation though. However nazification in terms of terror and brainwashing of the russian population is going completely unimpeded in most of novorossiya, since nothing has been liberated for a long time.

    Picking the correct time to strike can be critical... do you think mud only stops Ukrainian boots?

    That is why there has been some dispute about returning to the death penalty in Russia just by not prolonging it.
    It was one of the points valid for being an active member of the Council of Europe, and I suppose that RF gives a fuk about that.

    In time of war laws can change too, and the fact that it would piss off the council of europe is just an added bonus.

    Just send more drones.

    They have drones looking for targets for suicide drones to kill and those drones looking for targets observe the attack and the results so they can look for themselves at real world cases and determine if they are working properly or not or if they need new warheads or warhead types or other features perhaps... drone design will not stand still.

    d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, auslander, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 8988
    Points : 9050
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  flamming_python Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:04 am

    limb wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    limb wrote:

    But I thought that the Russian army wont liberate anything for the foreseeable future. After all their goal is to denazify, not liberate.

    Don't try to think, you are not good at it.
    Just observe what actually happens, and leave it at that.

    I observe whats actually happening every day. Whats actually happening is that almost nothing is liberated since july. There is some denazification and decommuniazation though. However nazification in terms of terror and brainwashing of the russian population is going completely unimpeded in most of novorossiya, since nothing has been liberated for a long time.

    There is nothing to liberate

    What's actually happening each day, is that there is a NATO-propagandized horde being trained, armed and sent against Russian lines. When they run out of men they will send women. When they run out of women they will send children, or at least will attempt to do so. And this regime will do it for as long as its commanded. It has plenty of motivated fanatics, while the rest of the rank and file are either cowed into submission or buy into bullshit themselves to maintain their sanity - either way they're not defecting and passing info and co-ordinates to the Russian side or shooting their comrades in the back. In fact the amount of captured is fairly low and their morale high, driven by all sorts of Nazi and NATO nonsense. They regularly fight to the death.

    Liberation of what and who exactly are you looking for?
    The only victory possible is to grind the regime down into submission, or provoke some sort of uprising against it in Kiev.
    In the meantime the priority should be on saving friendly manpower and destroying the enemy. The fact that they are themselves assaulting Russian fortified lines massively simplifies things. Don't complicate it.

    Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

    avatar
    Firebird


    Posts : 1722
    Points : 1752
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Firebird Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:21 am

    https://www.rt.com/russia/565432-commercial-satellites-target-ukraine/

    RT "Russia makes veiled threat against Muskrat's Starlink".

    Interesting. I think I asked people the question on Starlink yesterday.
    Surely it needs to be neutralised as its responsible for many deaths of innocent people.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    avatar
    limb


    Posts : 1550
    Points : 1576
    Join date : 2020-09-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  limb Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:28 am

    flamming_python wrote:
    limb wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    limb wrote:

    But I thought that the Russian army wont liberate anything for the foreseeable future. After all their goal is to denazify, not liberate.

    Don't try to think, you are not good at it.
    Just observe what actually happens, and leave it at that.

    I observe whats actually happening every day. Whats actually happening is that almost nothing is liberated since july. There is some denazification and decommuniazation though. However nazification in terms of terror and brainwashing of the russian population is going completely unimpeded in most of novorossiya, since nothing has been liberated for a long time.

    There is nothing to liberate

    What's actually happening each day, is that there is a NATO-propagandized horde being trained, armed and sent against Russian lines. When they run out of men they will send women. When they run out of women they will send children, or at least will attempt to do so. And this regime will do it for as long as its commanded. It has plenty of motivated fanatics, while the rest of the rank and file are either cowed into submission or buy into bullshit themselves to maintain their sanity - either way they're not defecting and passing info and co-ordinates to the Russian side or shooting their comrades in the back. In fact the amount of captured is fairly low and their morale high, driven by all sorts of Nazi and NATO nonsense. They regularly fight to the death.

    Liberation of what and who exactly are you looking for?
    The only victory possible is to grind the regime down into submission, or provoke some sort of uprising against it in Kiev.
    In the meantime the priority should be on saving friendly manpower and destroying the enemy. The fact that they are themselves assaulting Russian fortified lines massively simplifies things. Don't complicate it.

    The neoliberal terrorist horde is inexaustible. When ukrainian russians run out, they have hundreds of thousands of mercs and volunteers from NATO countries to replace them. If the ukrainians really lost a few hundred thousand, in 3-4 years itll be mainly polish troops vs russians. Poland still has several hundred thousand russophobic scum ready to go fight.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 8988
    Points : 9050
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  flamming_python Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:38 am

    franco wrote:Shoot out at the K corral  Twisted Evil

    Mercenaries from Warsaw and militants of the "Right Sector" * from Lvov began to beat each other in the trenches with machine guns

    Polish mercenaries and pravoseki * in the Kremennaya area shot each other.

    Sooner or later it had to happen.

    Contradictions between pravoseki and mercenaries are growing every day. And for a long time. Despite the fact that they seem to be fighting side by side. There are several reasons for this.

    Firstly, the Right Sectors are a kind of elite of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Like SS units in the Ukrainian army. They have really good military training. They clearly demonstrated this in Mariupol. They have been fighting for a long time, they have gained enough combat experience. This raises them even more in their own eyes. Right-wingers have a saying: “Above us, there are only stars. Brighter than us - only the sun. The status among the security forces is obvious.

    And then impudent Poles come and begin to “swing rights”. The Nazis, of course, "by nature, everything boiled inside." And they grabbed their guns. But the Poles, too, were not a blunder. And they sent opponents to Bandera first.

    In fact, both the Right Sectors and the Poles had the same military concept - not to take risks themselves once again, but to send the least valuable members of society into battle. Those who are not sorry. If the Poles had not been at hand, the right-wingers would have driven the therodefense into battle.

    And if there are both, they sacrifice less valuable personnel. Less valuable in this case, of course, are mercenaries - regardless of origin, whether they are Africans, British, Croats or Poles. Are you paid a salary? Here, go and do it. In addition, there could be close relatives between the National Battalion and the defense forces. Of course, it is better to throw a pshek under the fire of Russian artillery than a godfather, son-in-law or nephew.

    And the Poles understood this very well. And in order to demonstrate their courage to these Ukrainian “serfs” (and the “branded” Polish arrogance obliges), they really went on the attack on Russian borders several times. And the Russian art, as expected, “unwound” them all over the steppe. The push didn't work.

    The very first "two hundred" sobered hot Polish heads. They realized that they were being thrown to the slaughter. In the modern Ukrainian army, it is generally not customary to feel sorry for people.

    And the proud Poles raised a small-town revolt on the scale of a brigade - they say, if you really want to die, break into the Russian positions yourself. Word for word, the situation escalated. National insults were used as heavy artillery (as is most often the case). The last argument should have been an automatic queue. But here the Poles were quicker.

    In this case, the Polish ambition played a positive role. He added determination and bitterness to the Poles. In addition, their comrades-in-arms had just died in their arms. This embittered them even more. And instead of languages, automata spoke.

    After this exchange of fire in the “opornik”, the Poles and the Right Sectors fled to different flanks of the brigade. The authorities of the unit extinguished the conflict as best they could by removing the mercenaries from the unit. But the bloody residue remained.

    What conclusions will the leadership of the Armed Forces draw from this? Will do some. Most likely, the Poles will be withdrawn from mixed formations. Mercenary brigades will now be formed on a national basis.

    The Poles are likely to be allowed to engage in their favorite kind of activity - intelligence, local sabotage and attacks on rear columns. And as a bonus - the robbery of civilians.

    Apparently, the Poles will no longer want to take part in direct clashes. This right after a shootout they won with blood. Some of the mercenaries will understand that the "Russian safari" obviously did not work out in Ukraine. Little of. It turns out that the Ukrainians, for whom they are fighting, also keep them as a “consumable”. The most intelligent, after realizing this fact, will return home. The more frostbitten will continue to tempt fate.

    And the Ukrainians, especially those who were exhausted from the desire to become "Czeuropa", once again understood how this "Czeuropa" treats them.

    Of course, the Ukrainian media will do everything possible to hush up this bloody conflict. The thimbler Arestovich will come up with another cheap excuse. Or even pretend that nothing happened. Unless the soldier's "overcoat radio" will work. But that's good too.

    By the way, ironically, there are also quite a few ethnic Poles among Ukrainian Rightists. The same Biletsky , for example. That is, it turns out that the Poles - representatives of one people, but citizens of different states - shot at each other. Political addictions were stronger than the call of blood.

    This once again emphasizes that the Americans do not care not only for the Slavs, but for all Europeans in general, regardless of nationality. And for the right to remain the world's gendarme, they are ready to fight with Russia to the last Ukrainian, Pole, Croat, German, and further down the list.

    https://svpressa-ru.translate.goog/war21/article/350427/?utm_source=warfiles.ru&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

    A peculiar little story but no evidence it has ever happened. As yet anyway.

    Odin of Ossetia and limb like this post

    avatar
    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E


    Posts : 701
    Points : 717
    Join date : 2016-01-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:57 am

    Please only facts in this topic and no political discussion. It is annoying.
    Another topic could be opened for this. Especially stories that are not militarily nerves here are just.

    Sprinter Monitor
    @SprinterMonitor
    ·
    Ukrainian military expect another attack on Kyiv
    They feel that they cannot break through the front either to the south or to the east. Therefore, one of the options is the capture of Kyiv and the elimination of the military-political leadership.

    Eugenio Argentina likes this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 6667
    Points : 6757
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  ALAMO Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:58 am

    flamming_python wrote:
    A peculiar little story but no evidence it has ever happened. As yet anyway.

    People continuously forgot that both sides are using propaganda.

    By the way, col McGregor made quite an interesting observation lately that I must admit having missed.
    Those mighty offensives are obviously getting smaller and smaller.
    Kupyansk was performed by some 20+k strong forces, maybe even more.  
    The very first attempts to advance Cherson direction was kind of same level of forces involved.
    Now on the Cherson direction, we talk about a company-size Ukro units trying to make something that look like an armed recon at most.
    In most cases, they can't even get into the fire contact range with the Russian defensive positions being slaughtered by the artillery both on advance and retreat.
    Again, the Russian language Internet is full of materials on how they just run away ... crawling.
    While most of the tech they brought in is proudly smoking in the background.
    This is a real scale of the decimation Russkie unleashed on them.
    Technical SUVs are there not only due to the lack of heavier gear, but the fuel supply shortage either.

    Edit : some claims that the Kiev itself is 30% short of the required energy. And the flowers keep falling ...

    Edit 2 : https://t.me/intelslava/40117
    And again, RusNet full of that. Zeitsevo direction, Wagner taking POWs.
    Keep your eye on the strongpoint itself. It is physically obliterated by the artillery. The POWs are the lucky ones who were lucky enough to hide in a foxhole that was not hit, what can't be said about the other ones ...

    flamming_python, auslander, Hole, lancelot, Mir, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

    AMCXXL
    AMCXXL


    Posts : 985
    Points : 985
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  AMCXXL Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:17 am

    https://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/7938855.html

    About the losses of the Armed Forces

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 3415286_900

    The Wartears project posted its research on the losses of Ukrainian formations since the beginning of the war.

    About the losses of the Armed Forces


    Having a database of more than 125,000 records on the project, we decided to try to estimate the losses and the total strength of the VFU (the armed formations of Ukraine, which includes the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the NSU, and the territorial defense, and volunteer battalions) based on the data obtained by statistical methods. It is quite difficult to do this directly because of the many reasons that can significantly distort the statistics. But some of the records, namely the records of the dead, prisoners and applications from relatives, we manually check for uniqueness, so duplicates can affect the estimate of the total number, but not the estimate of losses.

    We make the assumption that the distribution of people searched through the WarTears.org project ( https://wartears.org/), and the distribution of data obtained by the project from open sources are independent. For the most part, we receive information about the prisoners and the dead from open sources. Losses in the officers of the VFU regularly surface in the media, we monitor these losses on purpose, and also monitor posthumous awards, so in this case we can assume that we know about all or almost all cases of officer deaths.

    For each state (dead, prisoners), the score was calculated by the formula: T = R / (A / Q)

    where:

    T is the total number of VFU soldiers in this state,
    R is the number of records about this state in our database,
    Q is the total number search requests from relatives,
    A is the number of requests for which the soldier was found and is in this state.

    In other words, we a priori assume that the probability that we have an entry about someone in our database is the same as the probability that it was found in our database, provided that we searched.

    As of October 27, 2022, the loss of VFU by the dead: 100,523 people.
    Prisoners - 22,940 people.
    The active composition of VFU is 356,422 people.


    <...>

    The real losses of the VFU, in addition to these numbers, also include the wounded, deserters and actually missing

    We assume that the total irretrievable losses of VFU (both dead and wounded, unfit for military service) may be twice as high as our estimate.The numerical composition, perhaps, is exaggerated.

    It should also be remembered that this is a delayed smoothed estimate. Firstly, it takes into account the fact that relatives applied to our project. This can happen in two weeks or five months, as was the case with the attack on the location of 137th OBMP in Nikolaev on March 18, 2022. The jumps in our estimates, for example, on October 5 or 24, are directly related to the fact that we stumbled upon some a fairly large list of the dead and made it at once.

    We did not make an assessment of the missing and other categories. In the case of the missing, we know for sure many cases where the Kyiv regime informed relatives that people were missing, while this person died in a rocket attack on a location deep in the rear.
    For the time being, we consider the assessment of other categories to be premature, because the number of known cases in them is not enough to obtain statistically significant values.
    We also understand that the estimate of the total number of HFU is likely to be overestimated. We plan to clean up the database of duplicate entries and, accordingly, adjust the estimate.

    The full text and graphics are available in a post on our website ( https://wartears.org/posts/math-model/ ).
    [/size][/b]


    Last edited by AMCXXL on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

    franco, Big_Gazza, auslander, JohninMK, Ispan, Mir, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

    Ispan
    Ispan


    Posts : 643
    Points : 655
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 47
    Location : Madrid

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Ispan Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:29 am

    A revised translation with my comments on an article that explains the rationale behind the suicidal Ukran attacks by single battalions, specially in the Kherson "offensive"

    Those that know Russian can read the original, for all others the machine translation to english is still hard to read so I think it will easier to read the translation of my Spanish translation from my blog entry, with my comments and explanations.

    https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/10/24/ofensivas-y-tacticas-de-ataque-y-defensa-de-ambos-bandos-ii/

    Robert.V, franco, flamming_python, Big_Gazza and Mir like this post

    franco
    franco


    Posts : 6705
    Points : 6731
    Join date : 2010-08-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  franco Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:21 pm

    flamming_python wrote:

    A peculiar little story but no evidence it has ever happened. As yet anyway.

    Legends have been started with less... including the original OK Corral one Very Happy

    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 am