Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+78
George1
walle83
jon_deluxe
thegopnik
Odin of Ossetia
ludovicense
Ned86
DerWolf
littlerabbit
OminousSpudd
Giulio
Tolstoy
Singular_Transform
Hannibal Barca
Broski
Sprut-B
par far
kvs
psg
marcellogo
ucmvulcan
Mir
mavaff
Werewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
Flyboy77
Ispan
11E
mnztr
jhelb
RTN
lancelot
LMFS
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
Arkanghelsk
Airbornewolf
zorobabel
owais.usmani
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
crod
Krepost
Kiko
Walther von Oldenburg
Hinex1988
Eugenio Argentina
GarryB
Sujoy
SeigSoloyvov
Firebird
lyle6
nomadski
Erk
Scorpius
Stealthflanker
limb
diabetus
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
Big_Gazza
Podlodka77
franco
Isos
caveat emptor
PapaDragon
sepheronx
JohninMK
Dr.Snufflebug
Arrow
Backman
dionis
Belisarius
Regular
Hole
Serberus
ALAMO
flamming_python
VARGR198
82 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 3743
    Points : 3723
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:02 pm

    Personally, if I was a russian general I'd be wishing Ukraine used the himmers on major cities, why? because that might actually make Putin treat this as a real war.

    owais.usmani and Backman like this post

    RTN
    RTN


    Posts : 743
    Points : 720
    Join date : 2014-03-24
    Location : Fairfield, CT

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  RTN Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:28 pm

    GarryB wrote:Would be a good challenge for the Russians... testing their forces against current HATO weapons... I suspect the DIRCMS fitted to Ka-52s should be suffiicent to deal with IIR guided missiles but we will find out.
    IRIS-T has higher ECM-resistance and flare suppression and also higher target discrimination abilities. To improve the probability of a direct hit, the missile is equipped with an active radar proximity sensor.

    Ka-52s have been shot down by 90s era IGLA-S.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 3743
    Points : 3723
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:31 pm

    RTN wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Would be a good challenge for the Russians... testing their forces against current HATO weapons... I suspect the DIRCMS fitted to Ka-52s should be suffiicent to deal with IIR guided missiles but we will find out.
    IRIS-T has higher ECM-resistance and flare suppression and also higher target discrimination abilities. To improve the probability of a direct hit, the missile is equipped with an active radar proximity sensor.

    Ka-52s have been shot down by 90s era IGLA-S.

    You do know there is no such thing has a 90's era IGLA-S right....that system debuted in 04 and every single chopper in the world can be targetted by a MANPAD.

    GarryB, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, lancelot and Broski like this post

    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77


    Posts : 2589
    Points : 2591
    Join date : 2022-01-06
    Location : Z

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Podlodka77 Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:48 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:If someone has not understood me so far, I will write openly.
    The people who voted for Poroshenko and Zelensky (50+% of population), for the most part, DO NOT DESERVE to ever join Russia ! No, never ever as part of the Russian Federation !
    And you who disagree with me that I wrote that Russia should never take the regions west of the Dnieper, you are mistaken and not me.
    Are you aware that if Russia includes parts west of the Dnieper, it would mean the spread of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church and the Ukrainian language in Russia itself in the future ? Do you really want that ?
    The same ukrainian people accepted the government, which banned the Russian language, Russian political parties, the translation of Russian films into Ukrainian, burned people in Odessa, torture of people in Donbass for 8 years and many other evils. And would you like such people to be a part of Russia? You who are Russians on this forum, I have to ask you if you want such "brothers" as part of Russia ?
    I am convinced that Russia does not have a goal to occupy the whole of Ukraine, but aims to break Ukraine militarily into pieces and economically to stone age, so that after the conflict, only misery and despair remain for the diminished Ukraine. And then in the future, let them ask themselves what they needed all that for, to be cannon fodder for foreign interests. Leave them a couple of decades to sober up.

    And when this operation is over, then what is left of Ukraine will no longer be interesting to anyone. And that will also bring the main thing, the defeat of the West.
    PapaDragon wrote:
    It will be more than interesting and it's exactly what they want

    If you give them anything you lose (they already lost this way before)

    Russia doesn't need to absorb the whole thing but nothing can be given to anyone

    Take everything, depopulate it if required and if there's something​ left turn it into eternal drone-bombed hellscape


    (Sell safari tickets afterwards to rich weirdos who want to do freaky shit to other people without consequences)



    That feeling when the Russia-Ukraine threads get taken over by genocidal Serb monarchists

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Feelin10


    A genocidal monarchist ?
    I don't know if it should have been a joke, since I don't know what kind of Serbian "genocide" it is ?!
    And what should I do, dream about that shit from Lenin, like you, as well as cry for the fictional "red" nation - the Soviets ?
    Russia was destroyed more during the Reds than by the Wehrmacht itself, remember that ! I would tear Lenin's mausoleum to the ground.
    I would take all the RED STARS off the Kremlin and bring back the IMPERIAL EAGLES !!!

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 1103_i10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 10879310

    kvs likes this post

    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77


    Posts : 2589
    Points : 2591
    Join date : 2022-01-06
    Location : Z

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Podlodka77 Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:08 pm

    RIA Novosti; 18:39 06/02/2022 (updated: 19:00 06/02/2022)

    DPR forces will soon close the cauldron near Severodonetsk and Lisichansk, Basurin said

    Basurin: DPR expects to close boiler near Severodonetsk and Lisichansk in a few days


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 67782010


    MOSCOW, June 2 - RIA Novosti. The forces of the Donetsk People's Republic in a few days expect to take into the "boiler" a grouping of Ukrainian military in the area of ​​Lisichansk and Severodonetsk, Deputy Head of the People's Militia Department of the DPR Eduard Basurin said on the Rossiya 1 TV channel.
    "There are a few days left to completely close the cauldron, which is connected with Lisichansk and Severodonetsk, with the exit of our troops to the Artemovsk region after that ... We are not speeding up the process, we just hold them back and slowly grind those parts that are here," he said.

    According to him, in recent days, the Ukrainian military tried to break through in the area of ​​​​Novomikhailovka and Avdeevka, but were repulsed and suffered enormous losses.

    https://ria.ru/20220602/kotel-1792719192.html

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, LMFS and Broski like this post

    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 3743
    Points : 3723
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:11 pm

    I will need to see how many troops they actually trap, people here stated colossal numbers if it's just something like 10k that's rather sad
    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 10926
    Points : 10904
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 48
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Hole Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:19 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Fuqvjp10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Fuqvlj10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Fuqvnx10

    sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 10926
    Points : 10904
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 48
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Hole Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:20 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Scree342
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Scree343
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Scree344
    Field maintenance

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, zardof, MMBR and like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 10926
    Points : 10904
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 48
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Hole Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:21 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Scree345
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Scree346
    More stuff
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Scree347
    Chechens having fun

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, MMBR, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 10926
    Points : 10904
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 48
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Hole Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:22 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Fuqa4v10
    Very Happy
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Fuqux010
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Scree348
    Bridge in Odessa, old or new strike?

    GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, kvs, PapaDragon, MMBR, Sprut-B and like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 10926
    Points : 10904
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 48
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Hole Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:23 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Fup1mv10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Fup7wb10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Fuqnzw10

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, MMBR, Sprut-B and like this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 3290
    Points : 3292
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Mir Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:27 pm

    Podlodka77 wrote:

    A genocidal monarchist ?
    I don't know if it should have been a joke, since I don't know what kind of Serbian "genocide" it is ?!
    And what should I do, dream about that shit from Lenin, like you, as well as cry for the fictional "red" nation - the Soviets ?
    Russia was destroyed more during the Reds than by the Wehrmacht itself, remember that ! I would tear Lenin's mausoleum to the ground.
    I would take all the RED STARS off the Kremlin and bring back the IMPERIAL EAGLES !!!

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 10879310

    "All that glitters is not gold"

    Tsarists Russia suffered from very poor levels of literacy. Only 33% of men and 12.5% of the female population was considered literate.
    Rural areas suffered the most and almost all peasants were illiterate. The Bolshevik "Likbez" literacy campaign during the 20's and 30's was highly successful and pretty soon the USSR had one of the highest literary levels in the world at 99%.

    The Soviet Union became THE leading country in the field of science, physics and mathematics. Not bad for a bunch of potato peelers! Laughing

    GarryB, Firebird, flamming_python, MMBR, Sprut-B, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 3290
    Points : 3292
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Mir Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:34 pm

    Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Fuqvjp10

    This pretty much a modification of the BMP-2 that was offered for export some time ago >>

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 63b3a710

    GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, MMBR, Sprut-B, LMFS and Belisarius like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 9158
    Points : 9220
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  flamming_python Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:41 pm

    Podlodka77 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:If someone has not understood me so far, I will write openly.
    The people who voted for Poroshenko and Zelensky (50+% of population), for the most part, DO NOT DESERVE to ever join Russia ! No, never ever as part of the Russian Federation !
    And you who disagree with me that I wrote that Russia should never take the regions west of the Dnieper, you are mistaken and not me.
    Are you aware that if Russia includes parts west of the Dnieper, it would mean the spread of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church and the Ukrainian language in Russia itself in the future ? Do you really want that ?
    The same ukrainian people accepted the government, which banned the Russian language, Russian political parties, the translation of Russian films into Ukrainian, burned people in Odessa, torture of people in Donbass for 8 years and many other evils. And would you like such people to be a part of Russia? You who are Russians on this forum, I have to ask you if you want such "brothers" as part of Russia ?
    I am convinced that Russia does not have a goal to occupy the whole of Ukraine, but aims to break Ukraine militarily into pieces and economically to stone age, so that after the conflict, only misery and despair remain for the diminished Ukraine. And then in the future, let them ask themselves what they needed all that for, to be cannon fodder for foreign interests. Leave them a couple of decades to sober up.

    And when this operation is over, then what is left of Ukraine will no longer be interesting to anyone. And that will also bring the main thing, the defeat of the West.
    PapaDragon wrote:
    It will be more than interesting and it's exactly what they want

    If you give them anything you lose (they already lost this way before)

    Russia doesn't need to absorb the whole thing but nothing can be given to anyone

    Take everything, depopulate it if required and if there's something​ left turn it into eternal drone-bombed hellscape


    (Sell safari tickets afterwards to rich weirdos who want to do freaky shit to other people without consequences)



    That feeling when the Russia-Ukraine threads get taken over by genocidal Serb monarchists

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Feelin10


    A genocidal monarchist ?
    I don't know if it should have been a joke, since I don't know what kind of Serbian "genocide" it is ?!
    And what should I do, dream about that shit from Lenin, like you, as well as cry for the fictional "red" nation - the Soviets ?
    Russia was destroyed more during the Reds than by the Wehrmacht itself, remember that ! I would tear Lenin's mausoleum to the ground.
    I would take all the RED STARS off the Kremlin and bring back the IMPERIAL EAGLES !!!

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 1103_i10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 10879310

    Not Serbian genocide, that's a hoax
    Take it easy Francis
    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 1131
    Points : 1129
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:42 pm

    UA claimed to have destroyed 6 "Raptor" small fast attack boats.

    The BSF only had 3 available, and 2 of them were photographed today back in Sevastopol, one with some visible damage but not anything critical.

    So that leaves one still unaccounted for. Perhaps UA destroyed it. One. Perhaps. And they spent what, 8 Bayraktars to do so.

    IR footage always makes explosions look way bigger, so I guess it was convenient to cut right at the boom, not to show them moving on afterwards.


    Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 3751
    Points : 3757
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:43 pm

    Very nice to see employment of the Russian weapon systems

    LMFS : that's a nice post there of the Su35 employing R77 and turning hard away from target able to guide the missiles adequately and employing its supermaneuverability

    The BTG concept worked well in the battles in Donetsk

    Russian units were able to nicely encircle and take the bulk of settlements, the fight for Slavyansk and Kramatorsk as well as Avdeyevka will be important and experience from Mariupol and Severodonetsk can also be applied

    Also, units of Russian Armed forces have rebuffed VSU to Stary Saltov, returning to the outskirts of Kharkov

    Ergo, it's a positional battle with Russia toying with the VSU near Kharkov

    The volume of fire available to Platoons and Companies of the BTG is better than air support, the fire mission is there 24/7 delivered instantaneously

    It seems like the artillery covers the movement of the BTG and they just employ mortars

    The K 8 GRAN laser guided mortar is a nice weapon for trench strikes

    A 120mm mortar employed by observers from the spetznaz brigades working with the army BTG

    GarryB, d_taddei2, MMBR and Hole like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 3751
    Points : 3757
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:54 pm

    While the BTG might not be the best formation for large scale warfare

    It seems suited for the Special Military Operations in Syria and Ukraine

    It is the optimal choice, the BTG reduces the usage of manpower , employing a manpower to artillery ratio of 1:3

    This gives a standard battalion such a punch, that they can afford to stare down brigades which Outman the attacker by a factor of 3

    A russian battalion can engage brigades like OMBR 52nd or 24th , and face them with superior firepower

    Radically changing the concept of overmatch

    If you recall, US army wrote a journal titled "defeating the Russian Battalion Tactical Group" written by army level of Fort Benning , Georgia

    They wrote that it was possible to overmatch the Russian battalion and exhausting it

    But this actually proved untrue and totally broke US army doctrine

    In fact the Russian BTG has endured in attrition style warfare, rolling back brigades of US army style VSU

    In fact the entire US army concept was proven wrong

    The Russian BTG could just sit back and engage the larger formation due to the fire volume available to it

    The kettle by fire basically tied down VSU brigade, and the manpower could focus its attack on key sectors of the enemy lines

    The divisional and regimental groups are overkill for Ukraine

    Where Russian manpower of 70,000 to 90,000 men can adequately roll back a force which outnumber it by factor of 4

    We saw this over and over again against entrenched brigades at severodonetsk, Liman, popasnaya, Svyatogorsk

    There really isn't an answer to this problem facing the western and Ukrainian military planners , who begin relying on MLRS and adapt to Russian doctrine

    The problem of the VSU is not a question of weapons, but of poor leadership by USA which has not fought a high intensity war and continues to utilize concepts and doctrines from the cold war

    GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, MMBR and Hole like this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 15282
    Points : 15419
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Turdope's Kanada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  kvs Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:18 pm

    Mir wrote:

    "All that glitters is not gold"

    Tsarists Russia suffered from very poor levels of literacy. Only 33% of men and 12.5% of the female population was considered literate.
    Rural areas suffered the most and almost all peasants were illiterate. The Bolshevik "Likbez" literacy campaign during the 20's and 30's was highly successful and pretty soon the USSR had one of the highest literary levels in the world at 99%.

    The Soviet Union became THE leading country in the field of science, physics and mathematics. Not bad for a bunch of potato peelers! Laughing

    Literacy was not much higher in the "advanced" west in the late 1800s. I am not quite sure what your point is.

    PapaDragon and Podlodka77 like this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1803
    Points : 1803
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  caveat emptor Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:21 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:I will need to see how many troops they actually trap, people here stated colossal numbers if it's just something like 10k that's rather sad

    It won't be a big pocket. Between Lisichansk, SeveroDonetsk and Gorskoe estimated number of deployed troops are btw 15-20k.

    GarryB likes this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1803
    Points : 1803
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  caveat emptor Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:29 pm

    kvs wrote:
    Mir wrote:

    "All that glitters is not gold"

    Tsarists Russia suffered from very poor levels of literacy. Only 33% of men and 12.5% of the female population was considered literate.
    Rural areas suffered the most and almost all peasants were illiterate. The Bolshevik "Likbez" literacy campaign during the 20's and 30's was highly successful and pretty soon the USSR had one of the highest literary levels in the world at 99%.

    The Soviet Union became THE leading country in the field of science, physics and mathematics. Not bad for a bunch of potato peelers! Laughing

    Literacy was not much higher in the "advanced" west in the late 1800s.   I am not quite sure what your point is.

    Not exactly. For example, average literacy rate was much higher in K und K monarchy, which was one of the less developed places in Western Europe. Literacy in Russian Empire in late 19th century can be compared, in levels, to Krajina or Transylvania regions of Austro Hungarian empire.
    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 3290
    Points : 3292
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Mir Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:33 pm

    kvs wrote:
    Mir wrote:

    "All that glitters is not gold"

    Tsarists Russia suffered from very poor levels of literacy. Only 33% of men and 12.5% of the female population was considered literate.
    Rural areas suffered the most and almost all peasants were illiterate. The Bolshevik "Likbez" literacy campaign during the 20's and 30's was highly successful and pretty soon the USSR had one of the highest literary levels in the world at 99%.

    The Soviet Union became THE leading country in the field of science, physics and mathematics. Not bad for a bunch of potato peelers! Laughing

    Literacy was not much higher in the "advanced" west in the late 1800s.   I am not quite sure what your point is.


    In 1870 the average literacy throughout the world was as low as 19% with Russia coming in below average at 15%
    On the other side of the coin the more "advanced" United kingdom had a literacy rate of 76% - well above the average!
    https://ourworldindata.org/literacy
    nomadski
    nomadski


    Posts : 2846
    Points : 2854
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  nomadski Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:43 pm

    Mir wrote " This pretty much a modification of the BMP-2 that was offered for export some time ago >> " , If I see correctly , then it is up-armouring operation with cage armour . Good to see cage armour , however I saw recently some Artillery shells that were captured by the trunks of trees , without exploding in Ukraine Forest  ! Then this remind me of the old Persian Wicker or Rattan shield , the purpose of this " flimsy" shield , was not to stop the point of sword or sphere , but to allow it to penetrate and then be captured by it by engagement in plant fibres . The shield then dragged the weapon away from attackers hand !

    Now these Iron bars , allow detonation of ATGW , are hard and are  quite close to body of APC  . Two improvements can be made : first is to replace Iron bars with Kevlar type fabrics or other ( elasticated , to not reduce speed too fast ) that are loose women to capture incoming and trap it without detonation . The other is to have these " wicker" shields further away from body of vehicle . These shields could fold in during transport and fold out during engagement by mechanical device . If using plant fibres , can be very light and can be lowered outwards by hand -  An experimental " wicker shield " could be constructed and tested very quickly .

    The fibres open up slightly , allowing small charge to pass through , but body of ATGW  too fat and captured ! Tandem charge defeated . Without any explosions , can capture many ATGW , like Christmas decorations ! Light - weight tube frame and fabrics , allows extending frame further away from vehicle , without frame breaking !


    Last edited by nomadski on Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:30 pm; edited 6 times in total

    Hole likes this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 6945
    Points : 7037
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  ALAMO Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:46 pm

    Belgium won't deliver M109 they have talked about, because those are ... asked too expensive by the private supplier, OIP Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Official claim of Ludivine Dedonder, she is an acting MiDef of that small circus Laughing Laughing
    Carry on, Ukro cannon fodder! Embarassed

    GarryB, d_taddei2, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and Belisarius like this post

    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 3743
    Points : 3723
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:22 pm

    caveat emptor wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:I will need to see how many troops they actually trap, people here stated colossal numbers if it's just something like 10k that's rather sad

    It won't be a big pocket. Between Lisichansk, SeveroDonetsk and Gorskoe estimated number of deployed troops are btw 15-20k.

    My my that's not the massive amount of forces the experts here claimed,
    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 3290
    Points : 3292
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Mir Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:29 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:I will need to see how many troops they actually trap, people here stated colossal numbers if it's just something like 10k that's rather sad

    It won't be a big pocket. Between Lisichansk, SeveroDonetsk and Gorskoe estimated number of deployed troops are btw 15-20k.

    My my that's not the massive amount of forces the experts here claimed,

    Probably because thousands of them have been killed already?

    d_taddei2, LMFS and Hole like this post


    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:04 am