Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+78
George1
walle83
jon_deluxe
thegopnik
Odin of Ossetia
ludovicense
Ned86
DerWolf
littlerabbit
OminousSpudd
Giulio
Tolstoy
Singular_Transform
Hannibal Barca
Broski
Sprut-B
par far
kvs
psg
marcellogo
ucmvulcan
Mir
mavaff
Werewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
Flyboy77
Ispan
11E
mnztr
jhelb
RTN
lancelot
LMFS
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
Arkanghelsk
Airbornewolf
zorobabel
owais.usmani
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
crod
Krepost
Kiko
Walther von Oldenburg
Hinex1988
Eugenio Argentina
GarryB
Sujoy
SeigSoloyvov
Firebird
lyle6
nomadski
Erk
Scorpius
Stealthflanker
limb
diabetus
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
Big_Gazza
Podlodka77
franco
Isos
caveat emptor
PapaDragon
sepheronx
JohninMK
Dr.Snufflebug
Arrow
Backman
dionis
Belisarius
Regular
Hole
Serberus
ALAMO
flamming_python
VARGR198
82 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 3488
    Points : 3733
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  par far Sat May 28, 2022 10:52 am






    https://thesaker.is/sitrep-operation-z-were-going-down/

    Big_Gazza and VARGR198 like this post

    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 11343
    Points : 11313
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Isos Sat May 28, 2022 11:02 am

    Podlodka77 wrote:

    Isos, if you are already writing that "Harpoon" is a threat to Sevastopol, does that mean that S-400 or S-300PM2 and other Russian air defense systems are worth nothing ? I will not write anything about writing about "Moscow" because I said a long time ago that conspiracy theories do not interest me. The real truth about that ship is not known and that is it.

    Ukrainian choppers managed to go attack a russian city. Air defences have weak areas that can be exploited.

    The images of the Moskva clearly show they got hit at mid ship where there was no weapons that could have damage accidentaly the ship.

    No, it was not.
    A full battalion was about to be delivered in April.
    With two radar stations already in ranks for a year+.
    Sure they are masters of stealing, still couldn't have stolen everything.

    Yeah like they were supposed to build hundreds of t-84 for export and themselves. There is a huge gap between what they say and what they can do. A missile system is way harder to create than a piece of metal like a tank.

    I suspect the neptunes they had were just soviet leftovers that they managed to put back in service somehow for a single attack.

    GunshipDemocracy likes this post

    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 1131
    Points : 1129
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Sat May 28, 2022 12:13 pm

    Fighting has supposedly reached Raigorodok, a mere 5-6km from Slavyansk (!)

    Big_Gazza and LMFS like this post

    Sprut-B
    Sprut-B


    Posts : 429
    Points : 435
    Join date : 2017-07-29
    Age : 31

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Sprut-B Sat May 28, 2022 12:31 pm

    I sincerely hope that these criminal bastards receive a painful death. It will create panic among the foreign hired thugs in Ukraine who are still hoping to kill some Russians. Fear is the only language they understand. So let them have nightmares of ruthless Russian-MAONGOL hordes coming after them. They would tremble in fear whenever Russians approach towards their position.

    https://www.rt.com/news/556221-mercenaries-ukraine-death-penalty/

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, bitch_killer and Arkanghelsk like this post

    RTN
    RTN


    Posts : 744
    Points : 721
    Join date : 2014-03-24
    Location : Fairfield, CT

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  RTN Sat May 28, 2022 12:44 pm

    Hinex1988 wrote:In addition, 1 Ukrainian Tochka-U ballistic missile have been intercepted near Svatovo, Donetsk People's Republic, and 7 Smerch rockets have been shot down near Sukhaya Kamenka, Kharkov Region, and Golaya Pristan, Kherson Region.
    Must be true. Ergo, no pictures of this shoot down was released by the Russian defense ministry.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 3743
    Points : 3723
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat May 28, 2022 12:56 pm

    RTN wrote:
    Hinex1988 wrote:In addition, 1 Ukrainian Tochka-U ballistic missile have been intercepted near Svatovo, Donetsk People's Republic, and 7 Smerch rockets have been shot down near Sukhaya Kamenka, Kharkov Region, and Golaya Pristan, Kherson Region.
    Must be true. Ergo, no pictures of this shoot down was released by the Russian defense ministry.

    Just because they didn't release photos doesn't mean it didn't happen, not to mention you think people are standing there 24/7 with cameras waiting?.

    Come on now your just sounding like a moron.

    If you want to disprove it then show proof

    GarryB, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and Arkanghelsk like this post

    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 1131
    Points : 1129
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Sat May 28, 2022 1:45 pm

    RTN wrote:
    Hinex1988 wrote:In addition, 1 Ukrainian Tochka-U ballistic missile have been intercepted near Svatovo, Donetsk People's Republic, and 7 Smerch rockets have been shot down near Sukhaya Kamenka, Kharkov Region, and Golaya Pristan, Kherson Region.
    Must be true. Ergo, no pictures of this shoot down was released by the Russian defense ministry.

    One of the running themes throughout this is that Russia is rather tight-lipped and publishes little in the way of PR. Their briefings are concise and boringly to the point and not much dwelling is done on it. Just plain text, on to the next.

    Days, sometimes even weeks after a particular briefing, things confirming it start trickling in. Less so now though, as Ukraine for two months have threatened with prison or KGB torture dungeons anyone confirming strikes etc with photos/video.

    Still, stuff typically trickles in eventually.

    UA briefings on the other hand come from a parallell universe. It's beyond parody sometimes, Baghdad Bob-ish for sure. They routinely exaggerate Russian losses by a factor of ten (!) and if even half of the things they claim were true the war certainly wouldn't be going the way it evidently is. Still, they're the #1 resource for most of western media, together with that Arestovich dude.

    GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan and like this post

    Kiko
    Kiko


    Posts : 2963
    Points : 3011
    Join date : 2020-11-11
    Age : 75
    Location : Brasilia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Kiko Sat May 28, 2022 2:03 pm

    So following VVP'S talks with Scholz and Macron, Moscow is open to peace negotiations with Kyiv, although the latter's position after Allied territorial gains is untenable and unacceptable. Anyway, Berlin and Paris will now exert pressure on Volodymyr for a compromise despite his extremely weak position as on a defensive right now.

    Besides, Kremlin should put forth the question of who will take care of Warsaw's extreme ambitions over Western Ukraine.

    nomadski likes this post

    nomadski
    nomadski


    Posts : 2847
    Points : 2855
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  nomadski Sat May 28, 2022 2:19 pm

    Nobody commented about a ceasefire . Well , perhaps not a great idea now that Donetsk is about to be liberated . A ceasefire now , kills the momentum , making the restarting of  the juggernaut , more difficult . But still the UA , suggested withdrawal from Donetsk , and  it is an idea ! The UA withdraw , then ceasefire , then Ukraine export wheat . Nobody dies of hunger . Perhaps talks start , but even if not , no problem . Everybody freezes movements and supply . External observers .


    I saw on TV , Russia manufactures chips . Iran also manufactures chips . Maybe not latest version , but still useful enough .  Ukraine can not stop a marine assault of Odessa . It can be taken by Sea . Using marine landing . This can not be stopped by anti- ship missiles . Too many small Boats . Ukraine better negotiate withdrawal from Odessa , in return for transit rights for goods and use of ports , shipping .

    A resettlement programme for ethnic Russians or Ukrainians should be arranged , in conflict areas , to save their lives . Minorities can be helped into majority areas , by state aid or house exchanges . Businesses can be moved too . Equivalent land can be provided for lost land .


    https://www.rbth.com/science_and_tech/2016/08/16/the-rebirth-of-russias-microelectronics-industry_621421

    Vann7 likes this post

    PapaDragon dislikes this post

    avatar
    mnztr


    Posts : 2814
    Points : 2852
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  mnztr Sat May 28, 2022 2:36 pm

    Alexander Mercouris said on his show he got info that Russia is producing 30-50 Kaliber missiles a day. WOW. Even at 30 (I assume 7 days a week since its war time rates) that is 11K missiles a year. So I assume Russia is preparing for the worst at this point. A direct confrontation with the west. I assume all their other missiles are also at max production rates, so their output must be staggering. I don't see any evidence the west has engaged war production rates and all they have done is depleted their arsenals to supply Ukraine. There was a contract issued to replace Stinger missiles in the US, but how long will that take? 12-18 months?

    A lot of people claim cruise missile are expensive, but when you really break it down, its not that expensive vs a bombing mission. After all its a bomb with wings a simple engine and fuel tank. Fighters cost 20-30K/hour so 4 hours, 120K + guided bomb 4-10K min and you are at 125K. How much is a set of wings, a simple turbine and guidance computer?

    Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, owais.usmani and like this post

    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 1131
    Points : 1129
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Sat May 28, 2022 2:49 pm

    mnztr wrote:Alexander Mercouris said on his show he got info that Russia is producing 30-50 Kaliber missiles a day. WOW. Even at 30 (I assume 7 days a week since its war time rates) that is 11K missiles a year. So I assume Russia is preparing for the worst at this point. A direct confrontation with the west. I assume all their other missiles are also at max production rates, so their output must be staggering. I don't see any evidence the west has engaged war production rates and all they have done is depleted their arsenals to supply Ukraine. There was a contract issued to replace Stinger missiles in the US, but how long will that take? 12-18 months?

    A lot of people claim cruise missile are expensive, but when you really break it down, its not that expensive vs a bombing mission. After all its a bomb with wings a simple engine and fuel tank. Fighters cost 20-30K/hour so 4 hours, 120K + guided bomb 4-10K min and you are at 125K. How much is a set of wings, a simple turbine and guidance computer?

    I doubt 30+ a day, but it could be close. I have seen indications elsewhere (eg on some Russian forums they have shown that certain relevant companies were hiring people en masse to fill in the double or even triple shifts) that production of some gadgets has been ramped up like crazy (CMs and UCAVs...)

    And yeah, regarding your calculation you are absolutely correct. Can't vouch for the specific numbers, but it's definitely somewhere along those lines. Add to that the risk of losing a pilot. Pilots aren't cheap.

    Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, owais.usmani and Belisarius like this post

    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 1131
    Points : 1129
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Sat May 28, 2022 3:24 pm

    ucmvulcan wrote:

    Why is everyone in Kherson wearing winter clothing?  Is Kherson in Narnia or something?

    Khersons local babushki just doing their thing at the central market two days (not two+ months) ago:



    Most prices in hryvnia/griven (ГН), still. Took about a year for Crimea to fully ruble-ize back again to its roots so that's not too strange. Russian, their native language, rules tho.


    Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Sat May 28, 2022 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, zardof, Sprut-B and like this post

    avatar
    mnztr


    Posts : 2814
    Points : 2852
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  mnztr Sat May 28, 2022 3:26 pm

    Why would you risk taking Odessa by sea ,they can attack from land. An opposed amphibious landing is costly and dangerous. It would be much better if they stayed off shore while the land attack happened. Once that is underway sail 50 KM up the coast, take the resort town there and establish a logistics hub as well as attack from the west.



    nomadski wrote:
     Ukraine can not stop a marine assault of Odessa . It can be taken by Sea . Using marine landing . This can not be stopped by anti- ship missiles . Too many small Boats . Ukraine better negotiate withdrawal from Odessa , in return for transit rights for goods and use of ports , shipping .

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole and Mir like this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 15284
    Points : 15421
    Join date : 2014-09-10
    Location : Turdope's Kanada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  kvs Sat May 28, 2022 5:05 pm

    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    mnztr wrote:Alexander Mercouris said on his show he got info that Russia is producing 30-50 Kaliber missiles a day. WOW. Even at 30 (I assume 7 days a week since its war time rates) that is 11K missiles a year. So I assume Russia is preparing for the worst at this point. A direct confrontation with the west. I assume all their other missiles are also at max production rates, so their output must be staggering. I don't see any evidence the west has engaged war production rates and all they have done is depleted their arsenals to supply Ukraine. There was a contract issued to replace Stinger missiles in the US, but how long will that take? 12-18 months?

    A lot of people claim cruise missile are expensive, but when you really break it down, its not that expensive vs a bombing mission. After all its a bomb with wings a simple engine and fuel tank. Fighters cost 20-30K/hour so 4 hours, 120K + guided bomb 4-10K min and you are at 125K. How much is a set of wings, a simple turbine and guidance computer?

    I doubt 30+ a day, but it could be close. I have seen indications elsewhere (eg on some Russian forums they have shown that certain relevant companies were hiring people en masse to fill in the double or even triple shifts) that production of some gadgets has been ramped up like crazy (CMs and UCAVs...)

    And yeah, regarding your calculation you are absolutely correct. Can't vouch for the specific numbers, but it's definitely somewhere along those lines. Add to that the risk of losing a pilot. Pilots aren't cheap.

    Your doubts are misplaced. It is clear that Russia is playing for keeps so it needs to be able to produce thousands of missiles in a short period of time.
    NATzO can attack at any moment. Also, if factories can make 30, then they can make 60 with marginal effort. If they had real bottlenecks, then they
    would not be able to produce even 30. The effort to produce a single unit falls off with volume and is not constant.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Hole and Podlodka77 like this post

    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 692
    Points : 690
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Broski Sat May 28, 2022 5:21 pm

    We could only guess how much territory the Ukraine will cede by the time 'elensky and his AngloZionist handlers are done fighting Russia down to the last Ukrainian.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 5enal9Y
    My guess is Russia will reach the Polish border and "Evacuate" the Banderites and NATO Mercenaries to the nearest graveyard.

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 13335
    Points : 13377
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  PapaDragon Sat May 28, 2022 5:29 pm

    mnztr wrote:Alexander Mercouris said on his show he got info that Russia is producing 30-50 Kaliber missiles a day. WOW. Even at 30 (I assume 7 days a week since its war time rates) that is 11K missiles a year. So I assume Russia is preparing for the worst at this point. A direct confrontation with the west....

    Nah, that's what nukes are for

    They just developed a taste for contactless warfare after Syria, that is all

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, owais.usmani, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

    avatar
    limb


    Posts : 1550
    Points : 1576
    Join date : 2020-09-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  limb Sat May 28, 2022 5:33 pm

    Serberus wrote:US vassal regime of Australia’s donation to Ukraine, the tin can “Bushmaster” has had its first confirmed case of denazification.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 426df510

    I'm more interested in seeing close up images ofdozens of m777s, FH70s, Caesars and PzH2000s destroyed or captured. Who cares about jeeps.

    Also if the Russian government declares a ceasefire and mission accomplished after it completely breaks through in the Donbass, this is would be disgusting and a repeat of the winter war. Right when the Russians were on their way to Helsinki and nothing was stopping them, the Finns sued for peace, the Russians accepted and Finland has declared the war as a victory since then, because they didn't turn communist. For Russia's sake, I hope Putin doesnt entertain any talks of peace for neutrality, since this gives Ukraine the ability to declare propaganda victory of not being dismembered. Finlandization failed once, it will fail twice. All it creates ais a temporarily neutral state which spreads russophobic dehumanizing propaganda.


    Last edited by limb on Sat May 28, 2022 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Eugenio Argentina likes this post

    Kiko
    Kiko


    Posts : 2963
    Points : 3011
    Join date : 2020-11-11
    Age : 75
    Location : Brasilia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Kiko Sat May 28, 2022 5:42 pm

    With today's VVP talks with Scholz and Macron, he might just potentially driven a slight wedge over up till now West's unified diplomatic positions.

    No to ceasefire, yes to prolonged talks. Each day that passes with Allied territorial gains renders Zelensky's masters Blinken and Nuland positions untenable and unacceptable.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole and Mir like this post

    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan


    Posts : 1192
    Points : 1192
    Join date : 2022-02-26

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  ucmvulcan Sat May 28, 2022 5:49 pm

    Broski wrote:We could only guess how much territory the Ukraine will cede by the time 'elensky and his AngloZionist handlers are done fighting Russia down to the last Ukrainian.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 5enal9Y
    My guess is Russia will reach the Polish border and "Evacuate" the Banderites and NATO Mercenaries to the nearest graveyard.

    Judging solely from where Russia is concentrating its forces, and considering Putin is not committing a lot more troops for major pushes, it seems that the goal is to drive out the Ukrainians from the Donbass completely and that the land bridge to Crimea will be kept. Now the situation could change, but other than to cut off Ukraine from the Black Sea it seems that Russia may be close to achieving its occupation objectives of this war, but alas, I am just a guy who sits in his study and reads David Glantz, Richard Overy, John Erickson and the memoirs of Zhukov, Konev, and other Soviet generals so I do not know what is in the mind of Putin and the Russian military and political leadership and I do not pretend to think I do.

    Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, gc3762, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 9163
    Points : 9225
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  flamming_python Sat May 28, 2022 6:03 pm

    Kiko wrote:With today's VVP talks with Scholz and Macron, he might just potentially driven a slight wedge over up till now West's unified diplomatic positions.

    No to ceasefire, yes to prolonged talks. Each day that passes with Allied territorial gains renders Zelensky's masters Blinken and Nuland positions untenable and unacceptable.

    I don't buy it

    The West is unified on Russia and this is just the good cop bad cop act

    Biden even 1-2 months ago had reportedly already accepted that Russia had no choice but to win the war, and that means he was looking for a way out of the situation. Because his plan to orchestrate this unsustainable war that would bleed Russia was countered and largely failed.

    So here come France and Germany with some phony peace initiative, to save face, to spin it all as a Ukrainian victory afterwards, and most importantly to keep the Maidan regime in power
    If they wanted peace, they had the chance to pressure Kiev into following the Minsk agreements right up until the very last day, as we all remember
    Or even prevent Kiev from going back on its preliminary agreements in the Istanbul talks. But neither Scholz, nor Macron nor anyone else didn't do that either.

    But now it's as Medvedev says - no possibility of any sort of peace deal that would serve to the Western unilateral order. The West literally just attempted to destroy Russia via the Ukraine, kill its soldiers, topple its authorities and give the Ukraine weapons to attack Russian soil. I'm sorry, that's quite the escalation. Russia should be providing ICBMs to Iran and North Korea and Venezuela, not trying to etch out a deal with some Scholz and Macron. I understand it's likely just a manuever, that Moscow knows Kiev will reject - but it still evokes bewilderment

    GarryB, Werewolf, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, MMBR, Sprut-B, Mir and like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 9163
    Points : 9225
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  flamming_python Sat May 28, 2022 6:06 pm

    limb wrote:
    Serberus wrote:US vassal regime of Australia’s donation to Ukraine, the tin can “Bushmaster” has had its first confirmed case of denazification.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 426df510

    I'm more interested in seeing close up images ofdozens of m777s, FH70s, Caesars and PzH2000s destroyed or captured. Who cares about jeeps.

    Also if the Russian government declares a ceasefire and mission accomplished after it completely breaks through in the Donbass, this is would be disgusting and a repeat of the winter war. Right when the Russians were on their way to Helsinki and nothing was stopping them, the Finns sued for peace, the Russians accepted and Finland has declared the war as a victory since then, because they didn't turn communist. For Russia's sake, I hope Putin doesnt entertain any talks of peace for neutrality, since this gives Ukraine the ability to declare propaganda victory of not being dismembered. Finlandization failed once, it will fail twice. All it creates ais a temporarily neutral state which spreads russophobic dehumanizing propaganda.

    Where would you get such images from, if they're getting wrecked behind Ukrainian front-lines?

    And they're certainly not going to ruin morale and show-up their masters by photographing destroyed NATO tech
    They might even go as far as carting the wreckage out, who knows.

    But fair enough, it's really up to Russia to show such footage. The Ukrainians have UAVs recording their footage and are publishing it all the time, nothing to stop Russia doing the same thing.
    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 11343
    Points : 11313
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Isos Sat May 28, 2022 6:25 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    mnztr wrote:Alexander Mercouris said on his show he got info that Russia is producing 30-50 Kaliber missiles a day. WOW. Even at 30 (I assume 7 days a week since its war time rates) that is 11K missiles a year. So I assume Russia is preparing for the worst at this point. A direct confrontation with the west....

    Nah, that's what nukes are for

    They just developed a taste for contactless warfare after Syria, that is all

     

    They still don't have that many plateforms for kalibr and ships are pretty slow to come back for reloads.

    They better build more kh-101 and kh-59mk2 as well as Oniks for which they have truck based launchers.

    IMO it's 50 cruise missiles instead of just kalibr.

    IMO they will also build truck launchers for the kalibr. I think the treaty on ground based long range missile is dead now.

    Big_Gazza and owais.usmani like this post

    avatar
    limb


    Posts : 1550
    Points : 1576
    Join date : 2020-09-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  limb Sat May 28, 2022 6:34 pm

    ucmvulcan wrote:
    Broski wrote:We could only guess how much territory the Ukraine will cede by the time 'elensky and his AngloZionist handlers are done fighting Russia down to the last Ukrainian.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 5enal9Y
    My guess is Russia will reach the Polish border and "Evacuate" the Banderites and NATO Mercenaries to the nearest graveyard.

    Judging solely from where Russia is concentrating its forces, and considering Putin is not committing a lot more troops for major pushes, it seems that the goal is to drive out the Ukrainians from the Donbass completely and that the land bridge to Crimea will be kept.  Now the situation could change, but other than to cut off Ukraine from the Black Sea it seems that Russia may be close to achieving its occupation objectives of this war, but alas, I am just a guy who sits in his study and reads David Glantz, Richard Overy, John Erickson and the memoirs of Zhukov, Konev, and other Soviet generals so I do not know what is in the mind of Putin and the Russian military and political leadership and I do not pretend to think I do.

    Any conclusion of the war that doesnt take at least all regions of novorossiya is akin to finlandization, and all finlandization brings is a mostly intact state full of rabidly russophobic brainwashed masses. Chernigov, poltava and sumy must be taken too, because they're historically russian cities.,

    Hannibal Barca, GunshipDemocracy and Broski like this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4711
    Points : 4703
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Big_Gazza Sat May 28, 2022 8:14 pm

    Mir wrote: Laughing
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Z-capt10

    Clearly the Ukropi are putting the Polikarpov I-15 back into production...  but they are having some issues with their early prototypes not being fully up to specifications...   Razz

    On the positive side however, they have selected a 4-blade main prop which will clearly provide a performance boost over the twin-bladed original, and they must be planning for a winter campaign given the choice of skis for landing gear rather than wheels (alternatively could be an economy measure?).

    They have also managed to get the colour scheme correct - blue on top and yellow beneath. It has great national significance as it represents the tears flowing down the face, and the piss running down the legs... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Polika10

    GarryB, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, 11E, Mir, Broski and like this post

    Krepost
    Krepost


    Posts : 717
    Points : 719
    Join date : 2021-12-07

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Krepost Sat May 28, 2022 8:21 pm

    From Charly:

    The Russian Navy losses 3 months into the conflict:

    Sunk
    Cruiser Moskva: sunk (still unknown cause)
    Large Landing ship Saratov (burnt and sunk at Berdyansk pier)
    Small Serna Class landing ship 9sunk at Sanke Island)

    Damaged
    5 Raptor class assault boats

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 28-10711

    GarryB, franco, kvs, zardof, MMBR and Arkanghelsk like this post


    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:41 pm