Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+78
George1
walle83
jon_deluxe
thegopnik
Odin of Ossetia
ludovicense
Ned86
DerWolf
littlerabbit
OminousSpudd
Giulio
Tolstoy
Singular_Transform
Hannibal Barca
Broski
Sprut-B
par far
kvs
psg
marcellogo
ucmvulcan
Mir
mavaff
Werewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
Flyboy77
Ispan
11E
mnztr
jhelb
RTN
lancelot
LMFS
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
Arkanghelsk
Airbornewolf
zorobabel
owais.usmani
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
crod
Krepost
Kiko
Walther von Oldenburg
Hinex1988
Eugenio Argentina
GarryB
Sujoy
SeigSoloyvov
Firebird
lyle6
nomadski
Erk
Scorpius
Stealthflanker
limb
diabetus
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
Big_Gazza
Podlodka77
franco
Isos
caveat emptor
PapaDragon
sepheronx
JohninMK
Dr.Snufflebug
Arrow
Backman
dionis
Belisarius
Regular
Hole
Serberus
ALAMO
flamming_python
VARGR198
82 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

Post  Sujoy Fri May 27, 2022 5:07 pm

Isos wrote:They already have bm-27 and bm-30 as well as tochka. It didn't really helped them. US counterparts are not any better and they will have far less than soviet systems.
    Yes! And the rate of fire of BM-27, BM-30 is far higher than M-270.

Was Russia able to successfully intercept BM-27, BM-30 rockets in flight?

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

Post  sepheronx Fri May 27, 2022 5:15 pm

Hole wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Hole wrote:https://thesaker.is/sitrep-operation-z-consequences-petty-tabaquis-howling/

This part:

...The deputy chair of the Russian Security Council, former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, said that “any peace proposal built purely in the interest of NATO and the Western world order should simply be ignored.”

“Or rather, their authors should be told to go in a certain direction,” Medvedev said...

I told all y’all already that Dmitry is fuckin' crazy

If he were running the show VKS would have been doing Rolling Thunder all over Ukrop asses for months now  Cool

Ukrainians curse Putin when in fact they should be sending him thank you notes and wishes for good health and long life

Martyanov mentioned a while ago in one of his videos that Medvedev is some nasty guy. He is unforgiving. If you make a mistake he will go nuts on you even in front of others. On the other and Putin always stays polite.

Now remember what happened as Medvedev was President. The west tried to screw him and did so with Libya. He remembers. Twisted Evil

Remember when Kudrin went to Washington and bad mouth Medvedev when he was president? Yeah, he had his wee wee slapped when he got back.

I noticed Kudrins been real fricking quiet. I think it was already fact people hated him for "buy everything from west and compromise on everything for FDI!" And it all blew up in his face now. I imagine if he utters another word, he will be removed.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri May 27, 2022 5:21 pm

Sujoy wrote:
    Isos wrote:They already have bm-27 and bm-30 as well as tochka. It didn't really helped them. US counterparts are not any better and they will have far less than soviet systems.
    Yes! And the rate of fire of BM-27, BM-30 is far higher than M-270.

Was Russia able to successfully intercept BM-27, BM-30 rockets in flight?

MOD mentioned it on several occasions with their briefings.

GarryB, flamming_python, Sprut-B, LMFS and Broski like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri May 27, 2022 5:29 pm

VARGR198 wrote:

Where is that gushing fire that looks awfully like burning propellant coming from then?
    dionis

Post  dionis Fri May 27, 2022 5:29 pm

Did any Russian forces remain in Belarus, or did everything rotate to Donbas?

What's left in Belarus, if anything?
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri May 27, 2022 5:56 pm

I'd like to criticize certain aspects of the war and have an adult conversation about it. But we cant have those discussions because we have children like Van around posting the most vacuous Kiev Independent propaganda that sucks all the air out of the threads.

It would be nice if we could give it a try without Van.

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, AMK, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, lyle6, Broski and like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Fri May 27, 2022 6:04 pm

Backman wrote:I'd like to criticize certain aspects of the war and have an adult conversation about it. But we cant have those discussions because we have children like Van around posting the most vacuous Kiev Independent propaganda that sucks all the air out of the threads.

But him on your foe list like I have Retarded Tired Nazi aka RTN and a couple others and then there can be those conversations.

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Broski, Arkanghelsk, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri May 27, 2022 6:21 pm

Backman wrote:I'd like to criticize certain aspects of the war and have an adult conversation about it. But we cant have those discussions because we have children like Van around posting the most vacuous Kiev Independent propaganda that sucks all the air out of the threads.

Well I am called a troll if I post colonelcassad, rybar,  or alleged complaints of russian soldiers. If you post western propaganda, youre called a nazi troll. If you post russians criticising russian military or government performance, youre called an ura patriot emo marxist troll.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri May 27, 2022 7:02 pm

Isos wrote:
    Sujoy wrote:Ukraine has now received M 270. This system will be used to target Russian infantry divisions.

Pantsir should be able to neutralize the M 270's rockets in flight.

They already have bm-27 and bm-30 as well as tochka. It didn't really helped them. US counterparts are not any better and they will have far less than soviet systems.

Another propaganda win for ukraine but no change on the ground.

Because the only real goal here is political gain.
    Get anyone possible to be involved, as deep as possible.
    A country owning Uragan, Smerch and Tochka will get nothing perfectly more with M270.
    Maybe the fact that they will have it leads to a conclusion that they are out of rocket artillery either.

GarryB, d_taddei2, JohninMK, Isos, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri May 27, 2022 7:49 pm

Yeah just slighty better than Grad. But with US engines and fuel consumption I bet they are worst than even Grads.

Lara Seligman
    @laraseligman
    · 1h
    NEW: The US is leaning toward sending Ukraine MLRS and HIMARs, but *not* the advanced munitions that can reach up to 190 miles. The versions being considered can fire 20-45 miles. W/ @paulmcleary

GarryB, d_taddei2, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Fri May 27, 2022 7:56 pm

Sujoy wrote:Ukraine has now received M 270. This system will be used to target Russian infantry divisions.
    I have to make an amendment: soon the M270 systems will be used by Russian infantry divisionsin the Donbas.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, LMFS, Backman and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri May 27, 2022 7:59 pm

Scorpius wrote:
    I have to make an amendment: soon the M270 systems will be used by Russian infantry divisionsin the Donbas.

Dombas forces maybe. Russian army won't. They have their own systems.

d_taddei2 likes this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Fri May 27, 2022 8:04 pm

Isos wrote:
    Dombas forces maybe. Russian army won't. They have their own systems.
    You should learn how to write toponyms correctly. The correct spelling is Donbass. The way you write is a contemptuous distortion that is pejoratively used by Ukrainian orcs.

flamming_python, Broski, bitch_killer and Arkanghelsk like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri May 27, 2022 8:11 pm

One of the few things I agree with in the video that vann sent, is that ukrainians are putting manequins in trenches as decoys to get the russians to waste ammo. I guess its an obvious low cost solution that the ukrainians are for sure doing en masse. What are possible tactics to counteract this, other than more surveillance? I guess double check the trench with thermals if the figures are actually warm?

bitch_killer dislikes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri May 27, 2022 8:20 pm

limb wrote:

Well I am called a troll if I post colonelcassad, rybar,  or alleged complaints of russian soldiers. If you post western propaganda, youre called a nazi troll. If you post russians criticising russian military or government performance, youre called an ura patriot emo marxist troll.

Posting those things is not the same as posting The Sun videos and the most biased and dishonest brOSINT retards that YouTube has to offer.

Ppl are supposed to come here to get away from that shit. Theres an endless supply of forums to choose from if you want to see that shit.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, limb and like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Fri May 27, 2022 8:32 pm

Mir wrote:MOD mentioned it on several occasions with their briefings.
    I missed out on those episodes.

I guess Pantsir is used by Russian forces to intercept Ukranian BM-27 and BM-30.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri May 27, 2022 8:54 pm

zorobabel wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:is a report 3 weeks old , but still interesting

This is the only source in the entire internet that explained in details ,
    the real problems of the Russian army tactics , versus ukraine advance tactics
    trench warfare
    that require ultra precision strikes ,that russian army artillery don't have , and also ukraine
    heavy use of strike drones. He knows a lot of military tactics ,and not a stupid fanboy ,that makes excuses for the losses of russian military and show just the facts , of the problems facing both sides.
    and whenever ukraine or russia shows progress ,he report it.  as it should be.

The lack of drones in the beginning of the conflict was strange. Russian units were shocked at how many experienced drone operators the DNR and LNR had, and how they had improvised with off-the-shelf options. Now, of course, many Russian units are being supplied with off-the-shelf drones for reconnaissance paid for out of people's pockets, but it is still unacceptable.

The KLUB-BLA video from a couple of days ago shows it can be much more effective than a Switchblade, and it is supposedly cheap and simple to produce. Where is the Lancet in this conflict? Agreed, there is a need for recon drones, drone swarms, loitering munitions. A big need for cheap kamikaze drones that can hit trenches, something like an upsized KLUB with a 6kg warhead, to use in conjunction with regular artillery.

You assume too much.

You do not have access to what Russia been using at all times. None of us do. We assumed they weren't using drones then we were getting image after image of Orlan-10 drones flying everywhere with either shot down or images of its assistance in artillery guidance.  People assumed Russia was barely flying planes until images of jets flying or some being shot down appeared.  Some assumes Russia took all these positions in Kharkov region and then fled the mighty Ukrainian army until it became known they never held many of these positions.  We assumed Russia all of a sudden lost snake island until it became clear the Ukrainians lost a shit ton in a botched op.

So I would refrain from assuming. It doesn't look good on you or me or any member here.
    I'm not assuming anything. Russian soldiers were complaining on telegram about the lack of drones in the first two months. Kadyrov himself stated this.

They weren't. It was proclaimed they were.  The Russian forces are forbidden to be using personal devices such as cell phones during this. Hence why we get very little footage. My understanding from what was said is that it can be a liability and thus punishment if russian forces are handing out their own osint.

So I take what some on telegram say with a grain of salt. Like other member here said, brOSINT

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, Backman, Broski and like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri May 27, 2022 9:55 pm

Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, JohninMK and Broski like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Fri May 27, 2022 10:32 pm

203mm Malka in action. The report must be unbelievable in person

https://vk.com/video-133441491_456259738

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat May 28, 2022 1:24 am

zorobabel wrote:Russian units were shocked at how many experienced drone operators the DNR and LNR had, and how they had improvised with off-the-shelf options.

I don't believe for one second that Russians were not intimately familiar with everything the LDR forces are fielding and using. Russia works closely with the Free Ukraine forces, and I fully expect that she has personnel embedded with them at all levels.

Too often in this campaign, people think Russia doesn't have something, or isn't doing something, simply because Russia is not flooding the internet with pics and vids. Then eventually we learn that they are, and they do...

The Russian military doesn't feel any obligation to tell the planet what they are doing, and they don't feed on rampant narcissism and manipulated mass adoration like Western military (or should I say military-themed LARPers Laughing ) and the Ukronazi trash. Razz

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, AMK, Sprut-B and like this post

limb

Post  limb Sat May 28, 2022 1:33 am

How the hell do ukrainians have so many tochka u missiles laying about in the donbass. Today they fired 3(!!!!) tochkas on the vollage of scatovo to cause terror among civilians. In total ukraine had 800 tochka missiles. The russians destroyed a lot of them. How do they still fire several per day? How are they transported to donbass?
    VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Sat May 28, 2022 1:38 am

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir and like this post

marcellogo
    marcellogo

Post  marcellogo Sat May 28, 2022 2:27 am

Because there is not anything as too much protection.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 13 Photo_10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 13 Photo_12
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 13 Photo_11
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 13 Photo_14
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 13 Photo_13
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 13 Photo_15

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, kvs, ALAMO, klahtinen, nomadski and like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Sat May 28, 2022 2:34 am

Ispan wrote:203mm Malka in action. The report must be unbelievable in person

are there guided shells for this gun?
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sat May 28, 2022 4:33 am

diabetus wrote:
    Ispan wrote:203mm Malka in action. The report must be unbelievable in person

are there guided shells for this gun?

AFAIK none.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:53 am