Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+80
Podlodka77
TMA1
onwiththewar
Urluber
Walther von Oldenburg
George1
0nillie0
SolidarityWithRussia
thegopnik
ATLASCUB
ludovicense
Azi
Ned86
gc3762
Kiko
d_taddei2
The-thing-next-door
mnrck
Odin of Ossetia
ArgentinaGuard
Scorpius
RTN
GunshipDemocracy
Broski
Fred333
LMFS
kvs
medo
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Werewolf
mnztr
psg
nero
flamming_python
Sprut-B
MMBR
ult
lancelot
dionis
Erk
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Sujoy
Stealthflanker
ahmedfire
nomadski
par far
PhSt
caveat emptor
SeigSoloyvov
Eugenio Argentina
andalusia
GarryB
Big_Gazza
crod
franco
JohninMK
Arrow
Regular
Ispan
diabetus
Dr.Snufflebug
Firebird
PapaDragon
limb
sepheronx
calripson
Belisarius
mr_hd
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
ucmvulcan
Hole
VARGR198
Serberus
ALAMO
Isos
owais.usmani
Hinex1988
Mir
84 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

Post  Regular Thu May 12, 2022 1:36 am

Azi wrote:I dont' know if it was posted before...?

A teenager died from ukrainian shelling in a russian village southwest from Belgorod....6 other person are injured (a teenager seriously).

RIP

This is very sad that they are still allowed to do so. After all these warnings.

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

Post  PhSt Thu May 12, 2022 1:54 am

This is the opportune time to use those FOABs, if Nukes are out of the table, then use alternatives that have the same WMD qualities. I want to see a major stomping of UkroNazi Invaders Now! attack

Odin of Ossetia and owais.usmani like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu May 12, 2022 1:59 am

PhSt wrote:This is the opportune time to use those FOABs, if Nukes are out of the table, then use alternatives that have the same WMD qualities. I want to see a major stomping of UkroNazi Invaders Now! attack

Counter-artillery would be a good start. Russia has way more guns and they can also use them from Russian territory. WMD usage is a can of worms, better keep it stomping conventional.

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu May 12, 2022 2:06 am

Regular wrote:
    Counter-artillery would be a good start. Russia has way more guns and they can also use them from Russian territory. WMD usage is a can of worms, better keep it stomping conventional.

FOAB is conventional Smile FOBS is nuclear (actually never implemented)

flamming_python wrote:

Yeah, I think I'll roll my eyes over at this whole claim and really this whole episode
    Like so Rolling Eyes

This Su-25 shot down yesterday? it started heavy bombing? What a Face What a Face What a Face

Last edited by GunshipDemocracy on Thu May 12, 2022 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Werewolf and Odin of Ossetia like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Thu May 12, 2022 2:08 am

Regular wrote:
    PhSt wrote:This is the opportune time to use those FOABs, if Nukes are out of the table, then use alternatives that have the same WMD qualities. I want to see a major stomping of UkroNazi Invaders Now! attack

FOAB is not really a weapon of mass destruction, at least not technically; that would be chemical, biological, nuclear.

It is an extremely powerful conventional weapon.

U.S. has already used a MOAB at least once in Afghanistan, and the "international community" did not care.

Why the Russians have not yet used them against the major concentration of the Ukrainian armed forces west of Donbas is unbelievable.

Russians are needlessly using up their own troops, when a FOAB would have done the job already.

FOAB is very effective even against heavily fortified targets.

GunshipDemocracy and owais.usmani like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu May 12, 2022 2:22 am

Odin of Ossetia wrote:

FOAB is not really a weapon of mass destruction, at least not technically; that would be chemical, biological, nuclear.

It a an extremely powerful conventional weapon.

U.S. has already used a MOAB at least once in Afghanistan, and the "international community" did not care.

Why the Russians have not yet used them against the major concentration of the Ukrainian armed forces west of Donbas is unbelievable.

Russians are needlessly using up their own troops, when a FOAB would have done the job already.

Yes, bomb is conventional, but the results are not Very Happy

Also, US used WMD and no one cared as well so it doesn't say much.

But good luck finding large Ukrainian formation now, FOAB would be good at reinforced positions tho.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu May 12, 2022 2:57 am

flamming_python wrote:And here's the hero himself BT
    The Ukr military engineer posting on twitter about his heroic deductions a day ago that led to the destruction of the better part of a Russian regiment by the looks of things
    Feel free to check out the whole thread for the rivetting account of daring-do and whatever

Yeah, I think I'll roll my eyes over at this whole claim and really this whole episode
    Like so Rolling Eyes
    It looks like bs claim indeed. But, what i saw and dislike is that Russian forces conduct too often  reconnaissance in force and take some unneeded losses in the process. 
    I believe that claims made by some war journalist that are attached (Kots, Poddubny, etc) are true and that some units are not supplied with enough drones and other equipment that would help with recce beforehand. 
    Bureaucracy in any army is a bitch and after the war they should look into logistic and arms supply problems that are showed to exist.

Regular, GunshipDemocracy and Broski like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu May 12, 2022 5:59 am

ALAMO wrote:...They could not unleash a long term fire support before the invasion, or lasting half a year air campaign - because that could have invoked a direct NATO intervention under the banner of "peacekeeping mission"....

No reason why not, if they plan on running away every time someone mentiones word 'NATO' then what's the point of even resisting?

NATO has power here only if Russia chooses to allow it

Ukraine is Russian area of operations and if anyone tries to move in those units should get bombed to shreds

If they don't get the message and try again then next group should get microwaved alongside any local present at the border

NATO is just an office building in Brussels

If any individual NATO member nation wants to go to war with Russia they should be treated as individual problems and dealt with accordingly instead of being empowered by Russian cowardice over an acronym

Russian Plan A in this war was 100% pure unfiltered bullshit, peak of obvious stupidity and whoever suggested it should​ stand trial for treason

Last edited by PapaDragon on Thu May 12, 2022 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Hannibal Barca, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu May 12, 2022 6:00 am

Finally. A-50 over Black Sea, a great sign. That's gonna make life hard for Ukrainian drones as their low altitude haven got shredded to dust. Those Su-27's at Belbek better get busy too.

Regular, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, lancelot, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu May 12, 2022 6:07 am

I'm certain A-50's flew plenty of times just not documented. This time it was spotted. Hence why the drones kept getting wasted.

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, lancelot and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu May 12, 2022 6:39 am

VARGR198 wrote:

This is an utterly stupid comment, to be honest.
    Those bikes need recharging, and in a field condition that would mean a power generator that runs on diesel/gasoline in rare cases.
    So speaks perfectly null about fuel supply.
    Electric bikes are quiet. These things are perfect for recon and are a very nice and potent add in real.

Edit : oh, Odin was first Laughing

flamming_python wrote:
    Like so Rolling Eyes

Oh yeah, the mighty Ukrainian aviation ... remind me why we have forgot to include that factor in quotation?
    Laughing

By the way, and in case you have missed that ...
    All that vehicles (MTLB, BMD, BMP) can do the river crossing without preparations, as they SWIM.
    Aside from the tanks, because those can cross the river on the bottom.
    The reason why they put the bridge there, is a need to make the crossing 10 times faster.
    So if they are supposedly running away, all of them would just jump into the river. That looks like 20m wide there.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu May 12, 2022 8:29 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Well one needs to ask where this would be, where are rivers in Ukraine the Russians would need to be crossing in the donbass area?.

If Ukraine is truly on the defensive as everyone claims, they would not be building bridges.

So giving right now Russia is the one trying to advance, This would be a fair judge to be russian armor.

The only place this could be if it was Ukie armor is Khakrov where the Russians are being pushed back.

end of the day only clueless bootlicker fanboys will defend this lack of deployed manpower, you can still advance slow and bring in big numbers, and having reserve forces allows you to take advantage of exploited enemy positioning.

But spin all you want the end of the day, this war will go on longer than necessary because of it

It goes on longer because the US continues to supply Ukraine with weapons to commit suicide with

And there's no spin, Russia isn't going to fight this war how the US wants it to

Russia is fighting to its own time scale

As for Kharkov, the score is well known, Russia isn't going to go into a city to smoke civilians

Ukros can setup all they want, but according to pictures those are the consequences

Ergo, great idea to let them come out and get smoked

and what proof you have those are ukie vehicles? provide it.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu May 12, 2022 8:44 am

I will note that Ukiraine defense mOD claimed their tank brigade killed that Russian armor

While that dude claimed it was aviation. (Personally think that dude a scammer)

Now problems with this

1. that wasn't a tank battle, unless Russian recon was so bad, that they literally didn't see the enemy tanks positioned, in which case huge ass incompetence or lack of available equipment tanks to russian command refusing to fight this war correctly.

2. AD would or should have been positioned to protect that formation, so why would Ukie aircraft be allowed to bomb that much?

Again, facts favor its Russian armor but there are certainly holes in the claim.

Ukraine just needs to cause enough damage to win, and if events like this happen again and again, Russia will be defeated by Ukraine as pathetic as that sounds.

and that is why these armchair generals do not realize trying to win by only attacking a small area isn't good, why? because Ukraine can concentrate their defense and inflict max damage on the Russians.

Again, the entire Russian command needs to resign and be replaced with competent leaders who know HOW to wage a war or maybe the ones in charge do but are simply following Putins orders, this is why politicians should not have any say in military command matters

The process should be

1. Deploy hundreds of thousands of troops

2. Attack on multiple fronts, force Ukraine into a bad position where it must choose what to hold, and Exploit gaps, Ukraine is holding pretty good right now because it has been allowed to focus its defense
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu May 12, 2022 9:08 am

flamming_python wrote:

I repeat again, Russian forces weren't, AFAIK, crossing anything. Ukrainian forces were; north-east of Izyum and in other places, and they were constantly getting intercepted by artillery and airpower, their pontoon bridges and groups.

Why then you'd have this half of a Russian batallion randomly wiped out here is a question I can't answer, as it doesn't make sense. My conclusion is that it's fake.

It does look a bit staged as BMP's and tanks don't really need to cross a fairly narrow river like that by pontoon, the BMP's in particular can easily swim through, whilst it looks like a lot of vehicles were "trapped" at the edge of the crossing?
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Thu May 12, 2022 9:10 am

Ukraine just needs to cause enough damage to win, and if events like this happen again and again, Russia will be defeated by Ukraine as pathetic has that sounds.

On the other hand, Russia cant win by causing enough damage to the Ukraine? I understand that Ukrops receive almost unlimited financial/ material support from NATzO, but by degrading the Ukraine into a smoking pile of rubble through destruction of all its infrastructures then how can they expect to win? Unlike Russia, the Ukraine does not have a vast area like Siberia to transfer their industries to continue their war effort, resources from the West are finite, and once inflation reaches sky high, enthusiasm to support the war in the Ukraine in the west will begin to tumble. I remember seeing some of my social media contacts put up their pro Ukraine signs in their accounts during the first few weeks of the war, but several weeks after their accounts reverted back to normal. From what I can observe, its mainly just the NATzO MSM that is keeping the war to most people's attention, but at the end of the day, nobody really cares about it anymore.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu May 12, 2022 9:11 am

PhSt wrote:

Ukraine just needs to cause enough damage to win, and if events like this happen again and again, Russia will be defeated by Ukraine as pathetic has that sounds.

On the other hand, Russia cant win by causing enough damage to the Ukraine? I understand that Ukrops receive almost unlimited financial/ material support from NATzO, but by degrading the Ukraine into a smoking pile of rubble through destruction of all its infrastructures then how can they expect to win? Unlike Russia, the Ukraine does not have a vast area like Siberia to transfer their industries to continue their war effort, resources from the West are finite, and once inflation reaches sky high, enthusiasm to support the war in the Ukraine in the west will begin to tumble. I remember seeing some of my social media contacts put up their pro Ukraine signs in their accounts during the first few weeks of the war, but several weeks after their accounts reverted back to normal. From what I can observe, its mainly just the NATzO MSM that is keeping the war to most people's attention, but at the end of the day, nobody really cares about it anymore.

Ukraine needs to cause far less damage than Russia needs to
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu May 12, 2022 9:14 am

Stealthflanker wrote:Finally. A-50 over Black Sea, a great sign.  That's gonna make life hard for Ukrainian drones as their low altitude haven got shredded to dust.  Those Su-27's at Belbek better get busy too.

It's now a good time to start a land bridge towards Transnistria and cut Odessa off from the North as well.It will also instantly stop the supply lines from Romanian soil.

d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy and Broski like this post

limb

Post  limb Thu May 12, 2022 9:39 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:I will note that Ukiraine defense mOD claimed their tank brigade killed that Russian armor

While that dude claimed it was aviation. (Personally think that dude a scammer)

Now problems with this

1. that wasn't a tank battle, unless Russian recon was so bad, that they literally didn't see the enemy tanks positioned, in which case huge ass incompetence or lack of available equipment tanks to russian command refusing to fight this war correctly.

2. AD would or should have been positioned to protect that formation, so why would Ukie aircraft be allowed to bomb that much?

Again, facts favor its Russian armor but there are certainly holes in the claim.

Ukraine just needs to cause enough damage to win, and if events like this happen again and again, Russia will be defeated by Ukraine as pathetic as that sounds.

and that is why these armchair generals do not realize trying to win by only attacking a small area isn't good, why? because Ukraine can concentrate their defense and inflict max damage on the Russians.

Again, the entire Russian command needs to resign and be replaced with competent leaders who know HOW to wage a war or maybe the ones in charge do but are simply following Putins orders, this is why politicians should not have any say in military command matters

The process should be

1. Deploy hundreds of thousands of troops

2. Attack on multiple fronts, force Ukraine into a bad position where it must choose what to hold, and Exploit gaps, Ukraine is holding pretty good right now because it has been allowed to focus its defense

Can't have .2 without .1. But yes, more troops are needed.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu May 12, 2022 10:11 am

British Brimstone missiles used in Ukraine

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4524076.html
    Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Thu May 12, 2022 10:36 am

For like two hours. This is what happens when you counter offensive into pointless territory. You expose yourself and get shit kicked.
    https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/6221

GarryB, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Thu May 12, 2022 10:39 am

North-West Lugansk:
    RussianArmy take Velyka Komyshuvakha (SW Izyum), as well as, Shandryholove, Novoselivka, Rubéžnoye + Yuzhny from UkrainianArmy. Unclear situation around Bilogorovka.
    https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/6229

GarryB, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Podlodka77 like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Thu May 12, 2022 10:46 am

🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡Denazification of the pontoon bridge in the village of Protopopovka near Izyum)
    https://t.me/intelslava/28552

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Thu May 12, 2022 10:53 am

🇷🇺🇺🇦❗The assault on Severodonetsk began: the first units of the allies entered the city from Rubizhne, occupying 12 houses
    https://t.me/intelslava/28630

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Thu May 12, 2022 10:55 am

The Russians are pouring troops into a widening bridgehead across the Seversky Donets. Ukrainian efforts to defeat the crossing have failed. Severodonetsk-Lisichansk may be in imminent danger of encirclement. -Ukraine general staff

See all that bridge nonsense is just more cope as the Russians win the real war on the ground.

@armchairW twitter.
    https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/6249

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Mir and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu May 12, 2022 11:00 am

Belisarius wrote:🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡Denazification of the pontoon bridge in the village of Protopopovka near Izyum)
    https://t.me/intelslava/28552

Yup, we have plenty of evidence that Russia is taking out Orc pontoon bridges, so why would anyone choose to give any fcking credence to stupid orc propaganda claiming they whacked a Russian crossing and destroyed a few dozen vehicles Suspect This is just a case of Ukrops getting a smacking, then they send a recon drone to see how big a new arsehole they have been torn, and then they try to salvage something by claiming the carnage are Russian vehicles rather than their own.

Anything the Orcs say should be disbelieved as a matter of course. The burden of proof rests fully upon their narrow Nazi shoulders Razz

GarryB, psg, xeno, d_taddei2, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:06 pm