Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+80
Podlodka77
TMA1
onwiththewar
Urluber
Walther von Oldenburg
George1
0nillie0
SolidarityWithRussia
thegopnik
ATLASCUB
ludovicense
Azi
Ned86
gc3762
Kiko
d_taddei2
The-thing-next-door
mnrck
Odin of Ossetia
ArgentinaGuard
Scorpius
RTN
GunshipDemocracy
Broski
Fred333
LMFS
kvs
medo
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Werewolf
mnztr
psg
nero
flamming_python
Sprut-B
MMBR
ult
lancelot
dionis
Erk
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Sujoy
Stealthflanker
ahmedfire
nomadski
par far
PhSt
caveat emptor
SeigSoloyvov
Eugenio Argentina
andalusia
GarryB
Big_Gazza
crod
franco
JohninMK
Arrow
Regular
Ispan
diabetus
Dr.Snufflebug
Firebird
PapaDragon
limb
sepheronx
calripson
Belisarius
mr_hd
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
ucmvulcan
Hole
VARGR198
Serberus
ALAMO
Isos
owais.usmani
Hinex1988
Mir
84 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

Post  caveat emptor Sun May 08, 2022 6:16 pm

It seems that footage of destroyed heli was indeed Russian one, according to Rybar. Why in the hell did they even try that? I can understand that Ukrainians try it for propaganda usage, but don't know why Russians would lose people so stupidly.
    Deputy commander of the regiment in charge of military political work was killed during the attempt.
    https://t.me/rybar/32392
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

Post  sepheronx Sun May 08, 2022 6:29 pm

caveat emptor wrote:It seems that footage of destroyed heli was indeed Russian one, according to Rybar. Why in the hell did they even try that? I can understand that Ukrainians try it for propaganda usage, but don't know why Russians would lose people so stupidly.
    Deputy commander of the regiment in charge of military political work was killed during the attempt.

What makes you think this rybar is telling the truth?

I read, see no actual facts but a statement. While we know by rumod they shot down some ukie helis.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, bitch_killer, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Hinex1988

Post  Hinex1988 Sun May 08, 2022 6:31 pm

⚡Briefing by Russian Defence Ministry

▫The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue the special military operation in Ukraine.

💥High-precision air-based missiles of the Russian Air Force have destroyed weapons and military equipment from the USA and Western countries, as well as personnel of the AFU reserve units, delivered to Sol railway station near Soledar.

▫In addition, 19 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration, 1 pontoon crossing for Ukrainian troops near Chuguyev and 6 missile and artillery weapon depots near Krasnaya Gora, Verkhnekamenka, Mayaki in Donetsk People's Republic, Novodruzhevsk in Lugansk People's Republic, Resnikovo and Nikolaevka in Kharkov Region have been destroyed.

✈💥Operational-tactical and army aviation have hit 77 areas of concentration of manpower and military equipment.

▫The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 380 nationalists and up to 38 armoured and motor vehicles.

💥Missile troops have destroyed 1 Osa-AKM anti-aircraft missile launcher near Nikolaev, 1 Smerch multiple rocket launcer  near Soledar, and 1 air target detection radar station near Velyka Korenikha, Nikolaev region.  

💥Artillery units have hit 6 command posts, 28 Ukrainian artillery units at firing positions, 179 areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration, as well as 2 ammunition depots.

💥Russian air defence means have shot down 1 Bayraktar-TB2 unmanned aerial vehicles near Zmeinyi Island.

▫1 Su-25 of the Ukrainian Air Force has been shot down near Pogonovka, Kharkov Region.

▫In addition, 2 Ukrainian UAVs have been destroyed over Mandrykino in Donetsk People's Republic and Peremozhnoe in Lugansk People's Republic.

📊In total, 157 aircraft and 116 helicopters, 768 unmanned aerial vehicles, 298 anti-aircraft missile systems, 2,933 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 336 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,411 field artillery and mortars, as well as 2,758 units of special military vehicles of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were destroyed during the operation.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #Briefing
    @mod_russia_en

GarryB, dino00, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B and Hole like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Sun May 08, 2022 6:59 pm

caveat emptor wrote:It seems that footage of destroyed heli was indeed Russian one, according to Rybar. Why in the hell did they even try that? I can understand that Ukrainians try it for propaganda usage, but don't know why Russians would lose people so stupidly.

Ukrainian Mi-8 Helicopter attempts landing on Snake Island — gets destroyed. Ukrainian TB2 films the whole thing & Ukraine sells it as Russian Mi-8 attempting to put more soldiers on snake island and getting destroyed.

This is propaganda. That Mi-8 is Ukrainian. It was delivering special forces to the island. The soldiers lay on the ground and assume combat positions soon as they touch the ground, something russian soldiers would not do in russian held territory. Further more, another video shows what appears to be Su-34 Aviation strikes on snake island — suggesting that after the destruction of Russian short range air defence system on the island a few days ago, Russians pulled their forces out of the island and let Ukrainians take the bait.

The TB2 was later shot down as it was attempting to return to base near Odessa.
    https://t.me/asbmil/1389

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, MMBR, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun May 08, 2022 7:03 pm

They are more and more desperate.
    And sponsors demand results.
    Lacking the real ones, they just stage those.
    Games vids are presented as real, own destroyed equipment is presented as Russian, and own killed soldiers are shown as Russian ones ...
    Poor Ukro bastards will die to stage a commercial for Turk sponsor.
    There is no limit to that, they will go full retarded, and take it for granted.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Sun May 08, 2022 7:05 pm

Belisarius wrote:

Ukrainian Mi-8 Helicopter attempts landing on Snake Island — gets destroyed. Ukrainian TB2 films the whole thing & Ukraine sells it as Russian Mi-8 attempting to put more soldiers on snake island and getting destroyed.

This is propaganda. That Mi-8 is Ukrainian. It was delivering special forces to the island. The soldiers lay on the ground and assume combat positions soon as they touch the ground, something russian soldiers would not do in russian held territory. Further more, another video shows what appears to be Su-34 Aviation strikes on snake island — suggesting that after the destruction of Russian short range air defence system on the island a few days ago, Russians pulled their forces out of the island and let Ukrainians take the bait.

Where's the video of the su-34?
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun May 08, 2022 7:07 pm

sepheronx wrote:

I read, see no actual facts but a statement. While we know by rumod they shot down some ukie helis.
    Rybar proved very reliable, so far, with possible sources in Russian army. In this case, they even pointed an offcier that died along with unit he served in.

Last edited by caveat emptor on Sun May 08, 2022 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

flamming_python likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun May 08, 2022 7:09 pm

Belisarius wrote:

ASB military literally translated Rybar's earlier claim.
    dionis

Post  dionis Sun May 08, 2022 7:28 pm

Is this Spetsnaz of some sort? Curious if anyone knows... sorry for repost.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 14 Frckhm12
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun May 08, 2022 7:39 pm

As noted by a post above, why would Russian forces need to return to an island they already control and using Mi-8s? They have
    no ships? All of the sudden Russians can't handle Byraktars? These drones were so successful before?

Rybar is clearly blowing smoke out of his Ukr ass.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Hole, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun May 08, 2022 7:49 pm

kvs wrote:As noted by a post above, why would Russian forces need to return to an island they already control and using Mi-8s?   They have
    no ships?   All of the sudden Russians can't handle Byraktars?  These drones were so successful before?  

I have no idea why. We had blunders before in this war.
    Firstly, original claim of that being Ukrainian heli is made by Rybar and picked up by others. Secondly, Rybar is 100% not Ukrainian. You can't selectively choose claims you like as valid and discount ones you don't like, made by same source.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun May 08, 2022 8:23 pm

GarryB, medo, dino00, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun May 08, 2022 8:23 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Rybar proved very reliable, so far, with possible sources in Russian army. In this case, they even pointed an offcier that died along with unit he served in.

I seem to recall people saying Rob Lee was accurate too.

There is a thing called being wrong as well. I mean, we are human. The story doesn't even make sense either as KVS pointed out.  Explosion was also far greater than what a TB2 drone can carry for munitions.  TB2 carried rather small munitions.

I will say, it's possible in the fight against Ukrainians (which lost 2 drones, a helicopter mi24 and su-24 (2)) that a Russian Mi-8 could have been caught in between and lost. But we have witnessed from time and again false news and Ukrainians outright lying and giving even very real names to the dead that later appear alive.

So yeah, I take a lot of being said with a grain of salt.

Last edited by sepheronx on Sun May 08, 2022 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, Mir and like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun May 08, 2022 8:26 pm

Ukrainian army has uploaded on SM a few pictures of them training in Germany on how to use the M-777.

However, I think, physics and metal fatigue do not favour such a light gun firing heavy 155mm rounds.

GarryB and Sprut-B like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun May 08, 2022 8:28 pm

Well I saw a good comment about that mi-8. The guys landing from it immediatly take cover and look for enemies.

The island was in russian hands so why would russian soldiers land there and take cover ? Not logical at all.

It is clearly an airborne operation to take the island so it was ukrainian soldiers.

The explosion is also very big and not some tb2 light munitions.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, MMBR and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun May 08, 2022 8:31 pm

Sujoy wrote:Ukrainian army has uploaded on SM a few pictures of them training in Germany on how to use the M-777.

However, I think, physics and metal fatigue do not favour such a light gun firing heavy 155mm rounds.

They still have hundreds of artillery pieces that they are trained on which have the same caracteristics as the ones provided by nato.

There will be no impact on the war if they use US and german ones instead of soviet ones. Actually russian drone will look for them to destroy them and use them for propaganda.

Those ukrainians operating them should run away like CIA trained syrians run away as soon as the training was finished and they sold their weapons to isis.

GarryB, Sujoy, Big_Gazza, kvs, MMBR, Sprut-B and Hole like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun May 08, 2022 8:37 pm

dionis wrote:Is this Spetsnaz of some sort? Curious if anyone knows... sorry for repost.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 14 Frckhm12

Could be or naval infantry or any motor rifle? Do you have where the photo originated from?
    diabetus

Post  diabetus Sun May 08, 2022 8:41 pm

Isos wrote:
    Sujoy wrote:Ukrainian army has uploaded on SM a few pictures of them training in Germany on how to use the M-777.

They still have hundreds of artillery pieces that they are trained on which have the same caracteristics as the ones provided by nato.

There will be no impact on the war if they use US and german ones instead of soviet ones. Actually russian drone will look for them to destroy them and use them for propaganda.

Those ukrainians operating them should run away like CIA trained syrians run away as soon as the training was finished and they sold their weapons to isis.

Only impact i can think is if that they can control snake island with Excalibur shells as it'll be in range.
    diabetus

Post  diabetus Sun May 08, 2022 8:42 pm

Isos wrote:Well I saw a good comment about that mi-8. The guys landing from it immediatly take cover and look for enemies.

The island was in russian hands so why would russian soldiers land there and take cover ? Not logical at all.

It is clearly an airborne operation to take the island so it was ukrainian soldiers.

The explosion is also very big and not some tb2 light munitions.

Yeah it's notable that Ukraine has not claimed possession of the island.

GarryB and Krepost like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Sun May 08, 2022 8:43 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    kvs wrote:As noted by a post above, why would Russian forces need to return to an island they already control and using Mi-8s?   They have
    no ships?   All of the sudden Russians can't handle Byraktars?  These drones were so successful before?  

I have no idea why. We had blunders before in this war.
    Firstly, original claim of that being Ukrainian heli is made by Rybar and picked up by others. Secondly, Rybar is 100% not Ukrainian. You can't selectively choose claims you like as valid and discount ones you don't like, made by same source.

The drones can be successful vs a relatively undefended target as this island was.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sun May 08, 2022 8:52 pm

This is the one Rybar sourced from. from the "Reverse side of medal" about the destroyed Mi-8's in Snake Island.

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Sun May 08, 2022 8:57 pm

Is it important enough to strengthen air defense on this small island?

4x PanzirM2
    4x TorM2
    2x BukM2/3
    1xS300PMU2

Would certainly be a little full on the island. However, this would no longer be possible. But is the island important enough?

Such protection or goal would certainly be a very popular test object for NATO to test through Ukraine. The cost of the last attack was massive and very, very expensive.

Apparently all the Targets were only hit when Torm2 was empty.

At Tor I have long wanted the article version as a standard but with 2x16 (a trailer with other rockets or better 1x16 long range and 1x32 new small Tor Rocket 9м334.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun May 08, 2022 9:01 pm

A few pantsirs, tor and a buk would be sufficient for protecting the island.

Only reason to hold the island is to prevent Romania to get it.

kvs, MMBR, Mir and Broski like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sun May 08, 2022 9:19 pm

lyle6 wrote:Azovstal is conveniently adjacent to the Azov sea. Now that the civilians are gone just fully close off all the entrances, save for one. Then you just pump the Azov in and let the water do the work. dunno

It's a pity Azovstal wasn't adjacent to a sewage treatment plant, that would get them out.

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole, lyle6, Mir and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun May 08, 2022 9:27 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:Nice footage of Ukrop Mi-8 getting splashed while landing troops.  Apologies for the music....

Ukro trash and their minions insist it was Russian chopper.... meh, orcs gonna orc...

According to most trusted Russian sources - Rybar and Wagner themselves, it was Russian Mi-8 AMTSh

(Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 14 Image16

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 14 Image63

Unfortunately, we have to state that the video (https://t.me/rybar/32364) with the destruction of the Mi-8AMTSh from Zmeiny Island is not the result of the work of the RF Armed Forces. This is a Russian helicopter destroyed by the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

The board was assigned to the 487th separate helicopter regiment. The deputy commander of the regiment for military-political work was also killed. Eternal memory to the fallen.

The island is now in the gray zone.

UPD: For especially zealous subscribers and advisers: if we are mistaken in something or receive incorrect information, we are not ashamed to admit it. And if we deny real combat losses, we will simply devalue the combat work of the RF Armed Forces and the memory of the fallen.

bitch_killer dislikes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:13 pm