Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
mr_hd
caveat emptor
Gazputin
limb
TMA1
Krepost
billybatts91
diabetus
marcellogo
lancelot
andalusia
crod
PhSt
teh_beard
Sujoy
nero
nomadski
mavaff
magnumcromagnon
LMFS
ATLASCUB
littlerabbit
GunshipDemocracy
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
Hinex1988
0nillie0
RTN
lyle6
zorobabel
ludovicense
SolidarityWithRussia
mnrck
franco
Werewolf
Tolstoy
Firebird
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Scorpius
Dr.Snufflebug
Eugenio Argentina
kvs
Kiko
VARGR198
Belisarius
JohninMK
sepheronx
Podlodka77
ucmvulcan
mnztr
Erk
Isos
Odin of Ossetia
Azi
ArgentinaGuard
ALAMO
Hole
Stealthflanker
Ispan
Mir
chinggis
par far
owais.usmani
PapaDragon
Arkanghelsk
Broski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Regular
Serberus
d_taddei2
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Post  Stealthflanker Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:18 pm

Hole wrote:

The Moskva just entered Sevastopol under her own power.

damn gonna check live camera now.
    Isos
    Isos

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Post  Isos Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:19 pm

Sujoy wrote:Is it possible to rule out that Ukrainians were provided with a Western missile system but have claimed it was the domestically produced Neptune P-360 to avoid Russia escalating against whatever country provided it?

I say this because certain section of the press suggests that SAAB got orders for a new RBS15 anti-ship-missiles to replace 20 RBS15 that was given to Ukraine by Poland. Poland has both ship and land based platforms for launching RBS15.

Unlikely they gave such missiles. They were afraid of giving old mig-29 let alone long range missiles. Russia attacked ukraine so that such things don't happen.

Regular likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:19 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:
    Hole wrote:

The Moskva just entered Sevastopol under her own power.

damn gonna check live camera now.

Any picture ?

Nothing on twitter yet.
    Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:21 pm

Regular wrote:
    Serberus wrote:https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/463
    I always have reservations about videos like this and their authenticity, but this conflict has produced some strange things indeed.
    Supposedly a regime soldier selling US acquired weapons to DNR

Camera angles Very Happy Looks like a parody, no doubt this has happened especially in 2014. But why would you film and expose supplier? He could be identified in 3 seconds. Also, it's NLAW, not UK Javelin.

Most likely DNR guys making fun of Ukrainians with their trophies.

Tbh I didn’t even watch it properly, a parody would make sense 😄
    I remember Western media was claiming a few week back that Russian soldiers were selling their tanks to the Ukrainians, could be poking fun at that if they heard about it.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:36 pm

Isos wrote:

Any picture ?

Nothing on twitter yet.

No sadly... the part of Sevastopol where Warship got tied have no camera... Mad
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:37 pm

It appears there were casualties in the Moskva incident and around 20 sailors are missing with under 5 deceased. I will not vouch for
    the details. It is possible it was a missile strike but not by Neptune missiles. Maybe some of the weapons shipped over in the last
    couple of weeks.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:42 pm

kvs wrote:It appears there were casualties in the Moskva incident and around 20 sailors are missing with under 5 deceased.   I will not vouch for
    the details.  It is possible it was a missile strike but not by Neptune missiles.   Maybe some of the weapons shipped over in the last
    couple of weeks.

Well it can be they have the prototype that they used for testing. Thry may have been working on it for the past month to be able to fire eventhought it wasn't fully developed.

sepheronx likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:54 pm

Russia is claiming no missile attack but ammo exploded after a fire happened.

That's plausible since ukrainians were saying the ship has sunk when in fact it wasn't. That means they have no idea where the Moskva is which suggests they can't track it on radar so they had no fire solution for their missiles.

Last edited by Isos on Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2 and kvs like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:55 pm

Isos wrote:Russia is claiming no missile attack but ammo exploded after a fire happened.

That's plausible since ukrainians were saying the ship has sunk when in fact it wasn't. That means they have no idea where the Moskva which suggest they can't track it on radar.

Great possibility especially if the ship has indeed sailed itself to port.
    Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:58 pm

Isos wrote:Russia is claiming no missile attack but ammo exploded after a fire happened.

That's plausible since ukrainians were saying the ship has sunk when in fact it wasn't. That means they have no idea where the Moskva is which suggests they can't track it on radar so they had no fire solution for their missiles.

This didn’t age well, alongside most of their propaganda
    These people seem to live in an alternate reality 😁

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 35 1c63b910

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:05 pm

Serberus wrote:https://t.me/mapsukraine/193

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 35 50ce9210

https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/465

As I said: a fukin army of drivers, cooks, and radio operators Laughing Laughing
    No wonder that Russkies tear their asses apart if nobody fought! Laughing Laughing Laughing

By the way: is it only me, or a guy speaks some funglish instead of English ?!?

Hole likes this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:11 pm

ALAMO wrote:

He's British.
    Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:14 pm

lyle6 wrote:
    ALAMO wrote:

He's British.

Sounds a bit strange to me as well, beyond being British… could be from shock or getting a few right hooks, but my first thought was he might have a speech impediment.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:20 pm

Serberus wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:
    ALAMO wrote:

He's British.

Sounds a bit strange to me as well, beyond being British… could be from shock or getting a few right hooks, but my first thought was he might have a speech impediment.

That is my point.
    I would say he speaks crappy with eastern accent.
    Let's some native English lads give us a hint.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:22 pm

kvs wrote:It appears there were casualties in the Moskva incident and around 20 sailors are missing with under 5 deceased.   I will not vouch for
    the details.  It is possible it was a missile strike but not by Neptune missiles.   Maybe some of the weapons shipped over in the last
    couple of weeks.

The going theory is like RTN says, that it was a Bayraktar paired with a Neptun missile

And the Moskva was operating alone and without cover from the rest of the fleet

I'm skeptical about such claims personally. But we'll see

Either way it now looks like the rumours about the American Lieutenant-General in Mariupol are picking up again. Sladkov is quoting them, says he didn't believe them himself.
    So this may all be a distraction or sending a message. Along with the plans to hit out at the Crimea. Don't take our general prisoner or else

Same thing with the strikes against the Bryansk and Belgorod regions today, where explicitly residential homes were hit. And this was after the warning yesterday by the MoD to strike at command centres if Russian territory is continued to be attacked. Like the Ukraine or whoever is controlling them is daring Russia to try it

Now Putin has to put his actions where his mouth is. Unfortunately the Ukrainians probably anticipate this and will flood whatever command centre with civilians. Such retaliatory measures should not be proclaimed, they should simply be done. The enemy will understand perfectly well.

Of course all the proper command centres, and the high-up Ukrainian generals as well - are all on NATO territory I suspect.

RTN likes this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:31 pm

Serberus wrote:

This didn’t age well, alongside most of their propaganda
    These people seem to live in an alternate reality 😁

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 35 1c63b910

Most of the western news media, and that of Kiev, reminds me of Orwell's 1984.

Big_Gazza, VARGR198, Hole and Broski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:31 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    Serberus wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:
    ALAMO wrote:

He's British.

That is my point.

Really difficult to tell give the short replies but he could be English. In deep shit anyway.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 35 FQUTIQ4WYAMyuia?format=png&name=small

Last edited by JohninMK on Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

d_taddei2, ALAMO, PapaDragon, Hole and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:32 pm

I'll quote the "Major and General" Telegram channel. Do note that it's a bit over-optimistic on average, and as a result can swing towards pessimism too. I don't think they have any serious inside sources as such.

Missile defeat of the cruiser "Moskva" opens a new stage of hostilities in Ukraine

The priority direction of the Armed Forces of Ukraine with the support of NATO is the South of Ukraine in the direction of Crimea and Donbass

The situation around the attack on the cruiser Moskva has two dimensions:
    military-technical and social-media.

The military-technical part of this situation was most fully described by the author of the Atomic Cherry channel, I recommend reading, a bright and deep mind that rarely makes mistakes in assessments.

I can only add to the above the unpreparedness of the Russian fleet for active operations of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which lies in the weak intelligence and analytical capabilities of the headquarters of the Black Sea Fleet and the Russian IMF.

After 50 days of operation, of which half the time we observe an increasing scale and pace of enemy activity, there is no reflection.

Once again, we are faced with a critical underestimation of the capabilities of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
    The cruiser had no cover and acted alone, which is already quite a dangerous occupation.

So far, everything suggests that the ship was hit in the course of a combined attack involving a UAV and the Ukrainian anti-ship missile "Neptune" with the direct support of NATO (primarily in reconnaissance and target designation).

It is difficult to say what chances a ship had without cover with outdated radar and air defense in such conditions.

In the general picture of what happened, two points are of interest:

1. Did NATO reconnaissance aircraft take part in continuous illumination of the target, or only gave exact coordinates.
    The first option already speaks of the direct participation of the British Air Force in the military operation against the Moskva missile cruiser.

2. Were Turkish Bayraktar UAVs used in the attack on the ship. It can also sharply lower the degree of relations between Turkey and Russia.

Once again, we have received a painful lesson in competent and accurate planning of an operation, unified and effective management of forces and means, which is critically lacking in the RF Armed Forces.

The media and public reflection is extremely surprising.
    The media are trying to explain Ukraine's success as some kind of NATO miracle weapon, missiles that were able to magically hit the ship.

This cargo cult, the magical perception of war, takes society even further away from reality.

Russia suffered a serious symbolic and military defeat.

And if the loss of the first large ship (BDK) could be attributed to an accident, then the loss of the second is already a pattern that speaks of a dangerous underestimation of the enemy.

What conclusions and forecasts can we come to at the moment:

1. The naval blockade of Ukrainian ports is under threat. The Black Sea Fleet, due to its small number, cannot continue to lose surface ships.
    We need to look for other means to keep the coast and Ukrainian ports under control.

2. Attacks on the Black Sea Fleet will continue, primarily by the NSM anti-ship missiles, whose range (up to 200 km) allows you to hit the ships of the Black Sea Fleet in almost the entire Black Sea, including the Crimean coast.
    The Black Sea Fleet will be squeezed out of the Black Sea towards the coast of the peninsula.

3. The main direction of the offensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is the South of Ukraine - Kherson and Nikolaev regions.
    Britain has repeatedly made it clear that the Black Sea ports of Ukraine, primarily Odessa, are of strategic value to them.

The Donbass is also being strengthened as a tool for the depletion of Russian and allied forces. The grouping of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which has been strengthening for seven years, is far from exhaustion.

4. The second center of power is the Dnepropetrovsk region, as the political center of the South, which binds all the surrounding regions.

5. Crimea becomes a priority target for UAF and NATO operations. This confirms the "bold" statement by the Pentagon that the United States will provide Kiev with intelligence information on targets in the Crimea and Donbass.

Not only the Black Sea Fleet will be hit, but also the objects and forces of the Crimean ground group.
    It is critically important for the Armed Forces of Ukraine to paralyze the logistics and replenishment of the "southern" grouping of the RF Armed Forces, operating from Kherson. @genshab
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:33 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    couple of weeks.

Now Putin has to put his actions where his mouth is. Unfortunately the Ukrainians probably anticipate this and will flood whatever command centre with civilians. Such retaliatory measures should not be proclaimed, they should simply be done. The enemy will understand perfectly well.

Of course all the proper command centres, and the high-up Ukrainian generals as well - are all on NATO territory I suspect.
    It is little outside the subject, but still relevant. Do you see Putin and team around him, as a right choice to get Russia through all this? I don't think only war w Ukraine, but whole economic and possible proxy wars with the West, in the future.
    I would appreciate your input, you being a Russian that lives in the country.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:40 pm

The theory about TB2 used as a distraction while missiles attacking is stupid. They say it has a 180° radar coverage and succeeded.

In fact Moskva has two search radars for constant 360° coverage in different frequencies. Then it has the S-300 engagement radar which can face only one direction at a time. It also have naval Osa on both sides with their own radars.

The S-300 would have engaged the TB2 quickly and turned to attack the missiles. Actually it would have engaged the missiles first. TB2 isn't fast enough to distract the radars of the Moskva.

sepheronx, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:46 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    couple of weeks.

It is little outside the subject, but still relevant. Do you see Putin and team around him, as a right choice to get Russia through all this? I don't think only war w Ukraine, but whole economic and possible proxy wars with the West, in the future.

I don't think we have a choice with our leadership, so it's not a matter of it being a right choice.

One thing I really don't like about Putin is that he never admits his mistakes. As if he and his team never make them.
    And he doesn't trust his own people. What he says here or there is true, but there's a lot of things he leaves out.

Basically Putin and co. were doing fine in the passive phase of the confrontation, but now we're onto an active phase. Putin has resigned himself to a figurehead role, while leaving other people to voice different things - Peskov, Lavrov, Kadyrov, Medvedev.
    I can see why its done - there are external diplomatic calculations to be made as well. But it doesn't bode too well considering the actual seriousness of the situation.

The war is being fought like a crusade. I think this is the right approach, and will serve to build support among the Ukrainian population as well. But bluffs need not be voiced - they'll be called. Simply do it, if you're going to do it. And no more underestimation of the enemy.

caveat emptor likes this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:49 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    Serberus wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:
    ALAMO wrote:

He's British.

That is my point.

I'm British born, half British, and Russian on father's side (Kiev strangely enough).

Anyway, the piece of shit in the video is very likely born in Britain.
    Britain is so fucked up even the white kids in for instance, London have a mixed Pakistani/African/West Indian accent formally called "multi cultural English" (MCE). His accent switches into normal English for a moment, but is mostly a form of MCE ie immigrant descent English typically spoken by Asian Muslims in Britain.

Aislin is some sort of Muslim/Asian maybe with a part English mother as I recall.
    Aislin is also a foreign name.

Bottom line is, Britain is even more fucked up than you can imagine. And Aislin is an even bigger cocksucker than you can imagine.

franco, psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, zepia, Hole and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:55 pm

Firebird wrote:

Bottom line is, Britain is even more fucked up than you can imagine. And Aislin is an even bigger cocksucker than you can imagine.

Well ... there is no other place on the planet when you can't understand your fellow citizen after driving half an hour in any direction Laughing Laughing Laughing

My friend who lives in Aberdeen for years still has not learned the language. And each time he says that he won't learn it, as nobody will understand him anyway Laughing Laughing Laughing

Firebird and Broski like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:58 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    couple of weeks.

I don't think we have a choice with our leadership, so it's not a matter of it being a right choice.

One thing I really don't like about Putin is that he never admits his mistakes. As if he and his team never make them.
    And he doesn't trust his own people. What he says here or there is true, but there's a lot of things he leaves out.

Basically Putin and co. were doing fine in the passive phase of the confrontation, but now we're onto an active phase. Putin has resigned himself to a figurehead role, while leaving other people to voice different things - Peskov, Lavrov, Kadyrov, Medvedev.
    I can see why its done - there are external diplomatic calculations to be made as well. But it doesn't bode too well considering the actual seriousness of the situation.

The war is being fought like a crusade. I think this is the right approach, and will serve to build support among the Ukrainian population as well. But bluffs need not be voiced - they'll be called. Simply do it, if you're going to do it. And no more underestimation of the enemy.
    I agree. But active phase will continue after war in Ukraine is done, via economic and other ways. I just don't see him as a right person for the job, as that would mean some of his policies would have to take 180 degree turn, especially in economy.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:11 pm

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1514650874710220813

Ukrainians attacked Russian territory again, there are wounded.

This is picking up speed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 am