Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
Maximmmm
nero
kvs
ucmvulcan
crod
GarryB
Tingsay
zorobabel
Scorpius
LMFS
JohninMK
Kiko
ALAMO
VARGR198
Firebird
Azi
Rasisuki Nebia
Rodion_Romanovic
Krepost
Werewolf
thegopnik
GunshipDemocracy
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
SolidarityWithRussia
PhSt
adder
Kriva
lyle6
zepia
SeigSoloyvov
PapaDragon
The Ottoman
Backman
miketheterrible
nomadski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Ghoster
wilhelm
Arsenic
Big_Gazza
bitcointrader70
George1
caveat emptor
Singular_Transform
dino00
Mir
Urluber
Finty
Pacense
Arkanghelsk
Hole
hoom
Cheetah
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
Ispan
billybatts91
Yugo90
flamming_python
Isos
par far
owais.usmani
Lurk83
auslander
teh_beard
d_taddei2
mr_hd
EkErilaz
ali.a.r
Karl Haushofer
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
Hannibal Barca
jhelb
limb
mnztr
Airbornewolf
Vann7
Regular
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
rigoletto
89 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  miketheterrible Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:06 pm

Many in Africa see this. Same with middle east and Asia.

It's only the vassal states that will jump to US side.

Werewolf, Hannibal Barca, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, Isos, Hole, Yugo90 and like this post

bitcointrader70

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  bitcointrader70 Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:30 pm

Russia also does not have Kharkov. Heavy shelling and fighting is still ongoing. Watching it on telegram right now.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:41 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 38 Scree125
    Krisanthema-S, DPR area

Airbornewolf, kvs, JohninMK, miketheterrible, LMFS, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

ScotchedEarth
    ScotchedEarth

Post  ScotchedEarth Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:45 pm

GarryB wrote:But you are a Brit... proud inventor of the concentration camp ...
    Not all Brits are on board with the USG/NWO/globohomo agenda, and some of us leant Russophile even before all this started. Some of us eagerly anticipated the fall of the Berlin Wall ushering in a new era of European co-operation and amity; and now are both perplexed and angry with USG unnecessarily restarting the Cold War. But hey, joys of democracy: the voters vote, but the rulers rule.

Just to defend my own country here though.
    No, we didn’t invent ‘concentration camps’: it’s not rocket science, and governments have concentrated refugees and suspect populations in camps to ease supply-distribution and/or guarding for millennia, since at least the ancient Assyrians. The Americans put the Indians in camps and then Filipinos during their later conquest of the Philippines, and we simply adopted the translated Spanish term, ‘campo de concentración’, the Spanish using them in Cuba (1868–78 & 1895–98, especially the latter, see ‘El inventor de los campos de concentración’, Público, 30 Oct 2010, and Stucki, Andreas. Las guerras de Cuba: Violencia y campos de concentración. (1868–1898), 2017 (extract here)).

They were started for humanitarian reasons: having adopted the scorched earth strategy of denying food and shelter for the Boer guerrillas by burning farms and confiscating livestock, we felt we had a duty of care to the dehoused farmers. There were also Boers who had made peace with the British and required protection from their fellow Boers. But the road to Hell is ever paved with good intentions, and things went wrong. Between contagions spreading (one downside to concentrating people), supplies failing to get through (often due to disruption by Boer guerrillas), insanitary conditions (exacerbated by many inmates having poor hygiene) and malnutrition exacerbating other medical issues, ultimately 18–28,000 out of as many as 160,000 internees died; one figure floating about gives the precise figure of 27,927 dead out of 116,572 internees. (See in particular Dr Alec Kay’s account from Henry John May’s 1970 Music of the Guns: Based on Two Journals of the Boer War, reproduced in Denis Judd and Keith Surridge’s The Boer War, 2002.) Meanwhile, our lads were suffering almost as badly: over 13,000 soldiers died from disease while fewer than 8,000 died in battle.(*)  If able-bodied men in their prime are dropping like flies due to disease then, very sadly, elderly, children and sick will suffer worse.
    (* See de Villiers, J.C. (1984) The Medical Aspect of the Anglo–Boer War, 1899–1902 Part II. Military History Journal, 6(3).)

The Royal Commission set up to investigate the concentration camps noted instances of Boer families requesting admittance to camps (Concentration Camps Commission. Report on the Concentration Camps in South Africa. 1902. 9). Even Louis Botha, commander of the Transvaal Boer forces, is on record as admitting his gladness that their women and children were being looked after by our soldiers; one of his complaints at the Vereeniging peace conference (May 1902) was that he had sent Boer families to the English but they had refused to receive them—as in response to the mounting controversy over the camps, Kitchener ordered that no more Boers be taken into detention. As Thomas Pakenham writes:
    … it was a shrewd political move. It also made excellent military sense, as it greatly handicapped the guerrillas … Indeed, this was perhaps the most effective of all anti-guerrilla weapons, as would soon emerge. It was effective precisely because, contrary to the Liberals’ convictions, it was less humane than bringing them into the camps …
    (The Boer War. 1979. Abacus, 1992. 548. Bold added)

Finally, note we won the war (declared by Kruger, btw), the Boer internees were at our mercy… and we sent them home, along with compensation for the destruction and confiscation of their property (ultimately £9.5 million—over 1.2 billion in today’s money according to one site; between 1.078bn and 10.5bn according to this site depending on measure (visit site to see how they define the various levels)).

(Suggested reading in addition to cited texts: Ash, Chris. Kruger, Kommandos, and Kak: Debunking the Myths of the Boer War, 2014.)

Normal service may now resume.

(To nail my colours to the mast on the Russo-Ukraine confrontation. I believe it a tragedy: and while I feel sadness on viewing Russian dead, I feel anger at the Ukrainian, that they should die in an ignoble cause, betrayed by a corrupt oligarchy with greater allegiance to their wallets and USG than to their own people, and who beg the European peoples fight for them even to the point of risking Armageddon. I can but pray God brings the suffering to an end with a speedy Russian triumph.)

zepia, JohninMK and sundoesntrise like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:47 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 38 OYJEzjL
    The western populace in a nutshell.

Werewolf, d_taddei2, Hannibal Barca, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia and like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:49 pm

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:03 pm

Su 57 over Ukraine??

Code:

Last edited by Sujoy on Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Broski wrote:

Yeah no shit, i am evading conversations left and right with coworkers about ukraine.
    McCarthyism came out the closet hard here in Europe.

Meanwhile some coworkers are secretly mailing and texting me to talk about it and ask for sources outside the EU.
    reasons being also that RT and Sputnik is nuked by the EU.

INGSOC, its here. including the two minutes of Hate courtresy of MSM western media.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 38 Origin10

Last edited by Airbornewolf on Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:16 pm

Sujoy wrote:Su 57 over Ukraine

No, just two ukrainian jets who are shot down in minutes.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:28 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:
    Broski wrote:

Yeah no shit, i am evading conversations left and right with coworkers about ukraine.
    McCarthyism came out the closet hard here in Europe.

Meanwhile some coworkers are secretly mailing and texting me to talk about it and ask for sources outside the EU.
    reasons being also that RT and Sputnik is nuked by the EU.

INGSOC, its here. including the two minutes of Hate coutresy of MSM western media.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 38 Origin10

I do experience it the same way with co-workers. One stopped talking to me after she asked and expected some western garbage answer.

Yesterday at a cafe with my family we were speaking in russian and people stared at us for several minutes with wide open eyes. Which has obviously something to do with the recent events, because before that they would avoid eye contact like obedient and beaten dogs. I once had sympathy for my half german blood but I lost all of that and gained some bad feelings. Sooner or later there will be remarks about Russians in Germany, which already happened before. Some idiot on German state propaganda already mentioned, that Russians in Germany who are in support of Putin or Russia have not learned the language and consume only Russia's propaganda.

It is really depressing seeing the human race which has accomplished so many things and technologies but fall for dumber propaganda than in WW2. The guys back then had no internet and had no other means of connecting to people from other countries. Germany is lost like the entire West. McCarthynism, Covidism and Whatever'ism is what fills the void in their heads, almost like they have the need to fear something to feel alive.

Last edited by Werewolf on Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, LMFS, Hole, lancelot and like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:31 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:...There is no more Ukraine as you know it

And brotherly Ukraine will be normalized as comrade andropov said in 1969 to Czechs

The situation in brotherly Ukraine is in process of normalisatsiya

You are completely delusional

Those "brothers" are about to hit you with the mother of all insurgencies, the weapons are already arriving from across the world and unlike Afghanistan nobody is even trying to hide it, they are actively advertising and bragging about it

And do I have to remind you what happened with Czechs in the end? Hint: they are among the ones sending weapons for this new insurgency

You ruined yourselves for 30 million Nazis that will be all killing your troops soon, for non-existent industry that you should have developed yourself by now and for some farmland that you don't even need (and have nobody to work on) even though you have surplus of unused farmland back home

Instead of you starving out Ukrainians they will be starving you out now and unlike the 90s you will not survive this because unlike 90s nobody is afraid of your military after this pathetic pussyfooting performance, the bluff has been called and the emperor is naked

You just severed yourself from rest of the world, became an object of hatred for entire planet and proven yourselves to be completely incompetent in every single aspect

North Korea at least has China, you have nothing now and in couple of months when China becomes bored of this fiasco they will also kick you to the curb

And don't try to tell me how you can endure what is about to happen, I have lived through that and I can tell you that you don't stand a chance especially with population that is now accustomed to luxuries in life that people take for granted

I'll see how you feel in couple of years when everything goes to shit full time back home

walle83 and owais.usmani like this post

Big_Gazza, slasher and Kiko dislike this post

SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:34 pm

Serberus wrote:I literraly has some dumb Australian woman tell me she hopes all Russians die when I told her I support Russia’s right to protect itself againts NATO, its that bad
    I had morons at work telling me they are ready to fight China and Russia personally, even though I doubt they could point out China or Russia on a map
    Literal brainwashed drones.

Your experience does not seem very unlikely. Sputnik just released an article about the incredibly racist rhetoric in Western media (search for "Indian Minister Calls Out Western Media for Pervasive Racial Coverage of Russia-NATO Row").

The problem is that people are confusing Western propaganda with free press, without really giving solid evidence why they are supposed to be free. Western aligned societies tend to heavily oppress critical opinions even without the need of direct state censorship. It is no surprise that the Russian military has a lot of problems fighting the propaganda superiority of the US in the West and in Ukraine.

Last edited by SolidarityWithRussia on Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK and ucmvulcan like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:36 pm

TOR shooting down Turkish Bayratkar TB 2 drone

d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, miketheterrible, LMFS and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:39 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    You just severed yourself from rest of the world, became an object of hatred for entire planet and proven yourselves to be completely incompetent in every single aspect

Aleksandar Vučić seems to disagree with you?

Big_Gazza and miketheterrible like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:45 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

And brotherly Ukraine will be normalized as comrade andropov said in 1969 to Czechs

Those "brothers" are about to hit you with the mother of all insurgencies, the weapons are already arriving from across the world and unlike Afghanistan nobody is even trying to hide it, they are actively advertising and bragging about it

And do I have to remind you what happened with Czechs in the end? Hint: they are among the ones sending weapons for this new insurgency

You ruined yourselves for 30 million Nazis that will be all killing your troops soon,  for non-existent industry that you should have developed yourself by now and for some farmland that you don't even need (and have nobody to work on) even though you have surplus of unused farmland back home

Instead of you starving out Ukrainians they will be starving you out now and unlike the 90s you will not survive this because unlike 90s nobody is afraid of your military after this pathetic pussyfooting performance, the bluff has been called and the emperor is naked

North Korea at least has China, you have nothing now and in couple of months when China becomes bored of this fiasco they will also kick you to the curb

And don't try to tell me how you can endure what is about to happen, I have lived through that and I can tell you that you don't stand a chance especially with population that is now accustomed to luxuries in life that people take for granted

I'll see how you feel in couple of years when everything goes to shit full time back home

Brothers are surrendering left and right 

Of course the plan can be shifted any moment and come to hard blows

But for now Russian leadership is confident in the approach, the forces advance and close on Dnieper river

And yes everyone is very much afraid of the military  

NATO is watching like cucks and this is enough indication of how much west can do about it 

Russia is not serbia, Russia has no need to bow , you are small land locked country, Russia is a global superpower

It's bit of shock I know,  but you'll get used to it

Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, miketheterrible, LMFS, lancelot and Broski like this post

limb dislikes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:56 pm

Ukrainians won't support the guerilla for long too... because that will lead to destroying the cities. Once they undertstand they can't win they will surrender. It's not like they don't know that nazi are among them and US pushing for the war.

Anyway from Russian point of view a broken Ukraine is better than a Nazi/nato ukraine with long rabge weapons and nuks.

kvs and Arkanghelsk like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:58 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

You ruined yourselves for 30 million Nazis that will be all killing your troops soon,  for non-existent industry that you should have developed yourself by now and for some farmland that you don't even need (and have nobody to work on) even though you have surplus of unused farmland back home

You are completely wrong on every aspect. What the **** is wrong with you? You are being a fucking retard right now. So are you saying that 11% of the world blocking Russia is Russia being fully separated from the world?

Why would China dump Russia? It needs russias resources and food.

I think you are acting out of stupidity.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Ispan, slasher, lancelot, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:58 pm

RTN wrote:Your daily reminder how poorly Russia is performing in this war.

Our daily reminder how much of a rucking fetard you are. Russia is performing poorly? LOL!!

kvs, lancelot and Arkanghelsk like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:00 pm

China would be the next. There is no way they let down Russia. They already tried with Hong Kong.

Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, lancelot, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:00 pm

Mir wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Majority of the world does. He has zero clue what he is even saying
     My assumption was, he was a pro nazi this entire time and spewing shit now in overdrive cause his ilk are getting their shit pushed in by a small contingency.

Another one to add to the list spewing western propaganda. Maybe time garryb does his job And remove them.

Big_Gazza, bitch_killer and Arkanghelsk like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:02 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Majority of the world does. He has zero clue what he is even saying
     My assumption was, he was a pro nazi this entire time and spewing shit now in overdrive cause his ilk are getting their shit pushed in by a small contingency.

Clearly. Their racist propaganda doesn't work anymore in the rest of the world. They exported as much wars as they could and it's now coming back to europe.

Next will be within europe and finally a civil war in the US. Their system is crushing under its own weight.

Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Broski, Arkanghelsk and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:07 pm

This thread is eerily quiet since Garry smacked the banhammer on some of this Pro-Orc propagandists, but it was necessary as they kept cluttering page after page with rabid anti-russian sentiment (on a pro-russian website, no less). Isn't there a ukraine-defence forum you guys can **** off to or aren't you wanted there either?

Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS and Arkanghelsk like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:10 pm

Isos wrote:
    RTN wrote:Russian Chief of General Staff, Valery Gerasimov is dismissed from his position by President Putin.

Your daily reminder how poorly Russia is performing in this war.

Another one came trolling.

Can we elect Mike as a moderator. He will do a great job.

Agreed. In times of war, this sort of pro-enemy trolling shit should result in a perma-ban. I've had enough of this clown shitting in this forum.

LMFS, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:12 pm

Broski wrote:This thread is eerily quiet since Garry smacked the banhammer on some of this Pro-Orc propagandists, but it was necessary as they kept cluttering page after page with rabid anti-russian sentiment (on a pro-russian website, no less). Isn't there a ukraine-defence forum you guys can **** off to or aren't you wanted there either?

Neo nazi wannabes can go there. Papa and the rest can all fit in.

Big_Gazza, Broski, Arkanghelsk and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:15 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:13 am