Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
ali.a.r
zorobabel
crod
The Ottoman
Autodestruct
mack8
Urluber
Walther von Oldenburg
rigoletto
Broski
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
franco
Ispan
Kiko
lancelot
Hole
George1
Isos
owais.usmani
Serberus
RTN
JohninMK
Aristide
higurashihougi
Karl Haushofer
mavaff
Maximmmm
VARGR198
Hannibal Barca
Singular_Transform
Firebird
Regular
nomadski
Finty
nero
Airbornewolf
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
ALAMO
Mir
Sujoy
Scorpius
EkErilaz
d_taddei2
magnumcromagnon
TMA1
Cheetah
hoom
Vann7
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
sundoesntrise
Rasisuki Nebia
par far
Backman
GarryB
caveat emptor
thegopnik
kvs
teh_beard
bitcointrader70
ATLASCUB
lyle6
flamming_python
SeigSoloyvov
auslander
PhSt
73 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:06 am

Zelu was panicking yesterday and already made the indication he wanted to discuss neutrality
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Post  ATLASCUB Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:07 am

Once the Rada and the palace is taken over, he can negotiate unconditional surrender.

Question: Is the RT website accessible in Russia right now?

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

lancelot likes this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:09 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    franco wrote:Questions posted earlier re missile attack on Millerovo Airbase:

- base is 25 kms away from the border of Lugansk region occupied by the Ukrainian army
    - about 40-50 kms away from where that Ukrainian unit got ambushed crossing the border a week back
    - missile was the Tochka SS21 (replaced by Iskandler in the Russian army) max range around 120 kms
    - Ukraine has 1 brigade (12-18 TEL), 1 battalion reported to have been sent to the Donbas in the April build-up
    - missile would have had to have been fired from northern Lugansk at a 80-120 km distance
    - nearest S400 would be to the west of Rostov about 200 kms away away
    - would not be enough time to react
    - unit destroyed afterwards according to reports

Thanks Franco.

Is there no other AD at the base like Pantsir or buk or anything?

There is normally a Tor unit stationed nearby in the city however it is part of the 150th division and suspect they are closing in on Mariupol. Same for the other types you mention. The Pantsir are primarily to protect the S400.

miketheterrible likes this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:10 am

d_taddei2 wrote:Zelensky invites Putin to negotiation table. And Putin willing to send a delegation to Kiev.

https://sputniknews.com/20220225/zelensky-invites-putin-to-negotiation-table-1093365492.html

https://sputniknews.com/20220225/putin-ready-to-send-delegation-for-talks-with-kiev--kremlin--1093368454.html

Comical Ze inviting Russia to "negotiate" is a bit like the descendants of Tsar Nicholasshole saying to Putin and Russia "give yourselves up now... or you'll be in even more trouble".

magnumcromagnon and LMFS like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:11 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Zelu was panicking yesterday and already made the indication he wanted to discuss neutrality
    The Clown President will be making a tonne of concessions if he wants to stay in power, at this point any ambitions of joining NATO, reclaiming the Donbass and Crimea, acquiring nuclear weapons or leaving the Banderites to roam free in the Ukraine are effectively over. 

gg VVP
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:12 am

ATLASCUB wrote:Once the Rada and the palace is taken over, he can negotiate unconditional surrender.

I don't think they want him alive to negociate... from russian point of view he is nazi/US puppet. Having him still in discussion and at power means US and bazi still there.

I believe US intel wheb they say Russia has a list of targets. All the one linked to the nazi will be killed.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:14 am

d_taddei2 wrote:Zelensky invites Putin to negotiation table. And Putin willing to send a delegation to Kiev.

https://sputniknews.com/20220225/zelensky-invites-putin-to-negotiation-table-1093365492.html

https://sputniknews.com/20220225/putin-ready-to-send-delegation-for-talks-with-kiev--kremlin--1093368454.html

I believe Shogiu has arrived outside the city welcome since Zelensky refused to talk with Lavrov Very Happy. Putin rules russia

GarryB, LMFS, Hole and Backman like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:16 am

d_taddei2 wrote:

I saw this just now live on RT.com.

"where have you guys been!?. We waited 8 years ...no...since 1991 for this!". russia

Yes,...im sure the EU and its "values" and "freedom" where much appreciated there.

VARGR198, Hole and Backman like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:18 am

Clown signing a neutrality agreement would be giving Russia justification for future invasions worse than minsk 2

So it's a good deal for Russia , if he signs, they have justification.

The NATO saga will come to an end, and hohols can live in EUtopia

It was always about NATO, now... for those missiles in Poland and Romania...

par far likes this post

Backman dislikes this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:23 am

I wouldn't be surprised now zelensky and the Ukrainian population now realise western governments washed their hands of them and didn't come to rescue as they so thought. That zelensky will hammer out a deal with neutrality, zero NATO membership ideas, Crimea to retain access to water, Donetsk and Lugansk to have semi autonomy. Then u will find over the coming decades relations warm between the two countries and the west crawls back under its rock looking for another country to dupe. And Ukrainians and Russians settle their differences. And I would imagine Ukraine will have to clean up and eradicate it's neo Nazi militia. This whole thing will take years, decades most likely. Both Putin and Zelensky will look like a win win for both, Putin has protected donbass people and secured security guarantees, and decapitated Ukrainian military capabilities to a large defence force, and Zelensky can be seen to keep the peace and stop the slaughter of armed forces, Ukrainian their will of course be nationals who will see him as a coward and gave in, but majority will see he did the right thing to stop war. This is most likely how it will be played out in the media. The real winners of course will be Russia and the real losers will be USA, UK and NATO.

GarryB, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:24 am

Airbornewolf wrote:
    I saw this just now live on RT.com.

"where have you guys been!?. We waited 8 years ...no...since 1991 for this!". russia

Yes,...im sure the EU and its "values" and "freedom" where much appreciated there.

Yeah, but to give that balance and wider perspective, the narrative of films we can see is radically different.
    Lot's of people are calling them ... a names Laughing
    This alone shows us, why it was very complicated issue to recognize or help the other regions to resurrect back in 2014/2015. Speaking Russian does not mean that people there are prorussian. And even if they are, that does not mean that they want to be a part of Russia and/or seccede from Ukraine.

flamming_python and Arkanghelsk like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:25 am

Isos wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:Once the Rada and the palace is taken over, he can negotiate unconditional surrender.

I don't think they want him alive to negociate... from russian point of view he is nazi/US puppet. Having him still in discussion and at power means US and bazi still there.

I believe US intel wheb they say Russia has a list of targets. All the one linked to the nazi will be killed.

Russia says they have an extensive list of targets I believe or so is rumor (we don't have to take U.S "intel"). As they should.

And obv, I agree, no mercy on any of them. Zelensky and certain individuals however are useful. At this point in time I've no time to think it through well on what's possible, rational or probable for the post Kiev takeover. I'll just probably analyze after the fact whatever the Kremlin planned and digest what I find to be positive and where I find potential hole and pitfalls of the strategy.

Kiev must fall symbolically. No half measure will cut it. That I damn well know off and the only thing that keeps me awake for this drama.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:27 am

Isos wrote:The tor may have just been damaged and not destroyed. Those guy seem to be reparaing it or at least looking what need to be changed.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 38 Fmyqra10
    It's just like what Mindstorm said about one of the Pantsir's hit by Israel, unless it's a completely burnt out husk it can be repaired and returned to service. Aircraft are a different story, and like the photos of the lost Ka-52, which looks like it came down from malfunction (not a complete burnt out husk) it will likely be just be cannibalized and salvaged for parts. Keep in mind helicopters are 60 times more likely to crash from malfunction than conventional fixed wing aircraft.

BTW we need a report from Mindstorm soon, hopefully we'll hear the 'Mother of All' posts when he finally returns.thumbsup

GarryB and Hole like this post

EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:28 am

Even bigger VDV operations today.. shit
    Rumors say around 200 helis used all in all. Not sure if that is 200 sorties.

twitter.com/i/status/1497199368423813130

Video is unconfirmed
    Any russian speaker that can listen and see if there is anything said that can confirm it?

Still unable to post links so anyone feel free to repost

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:28 am

d_taddei2 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised now zelensky and the Ukrainian population now realise western governments washed their hands of them and didn't come to rescue as they so thought. That zelensky will hammer out a deal with neutrality, zero NATO membership ideas, Crimea to retain access to water, Donetsk and Lugansk to have semi autonomy. Then u will find over the coming decades relations warm between the two countries and the west crawls back under its rock looking for another country to dupe. And Ukrainians and Russians settle their differences. And I would imagine Ukraine will have to clean up and eradicate it's neo Nazi militia. This whole thing will take years, decades most likely. Both Putin and Zelensky will look like a win win for both, Putin has protected donbass people and secured security guarantees, and decapitated Ukrainian military capabilities to a large defence force, and Zelensky can be seen to keep the peace and stop the slaughter of armed forces, Ukrainian their will of course be nationals who will see him as a coward and gave in, but majority will see he did the right thing to stop war. This is most likely how it will be played out in the media. The real winners of course will be Russia and the real losers will be USA, UK and NATO.

If any semblance of economic relations can be restored by the two, it would also be good

Maybe non essential orders from antonov and Nikolayev , get the south of Ukraine back to work 

Gas deals for Kiev, but Russia needs in exchange a lot too, increasing trade would not be a bad thing and just stay neutral with each other

EU will be with egg on its face for causing all this misery, and now their own hyperinflation over 404

d_taddei2 likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:31 am

EkErilaz wrote:Even bigger VDV operations today.. shit
    Rumors say around 200 helis used all in all. Not sure if that is 200 sorties.

twitter.com/i/status/1497199368423813130

Video is unconfirmed
    Any russian speaker that can listen and see if there is anything said that can confirm it?

Still unable to post links so anyone feel free to repost

Reposter for EkErilaz here Razz

d_taddei2, Hole, Broski and EkErilaz like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:41 am

Airbornewolf wrote:
    EkErilaz wrote:interesting...
    I hear both british and American accent in this video from the battle of gostomel Airport.

twitter.com/nolanwpeterson/status/1497029144898682890

Still not able to post links, just right click and open the link

On EkErilaz behalf:

Was this smartphone footage for real...they can't be serious?!?!?! What utter rank amateurs, your smartphones can be tracked, triangulated and be engaged by munitions...fucking idiots lmao! Razz Embarassed clown lol1 pwnd

GarryB likes this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:43 am

Porky with a "300" men security detail in 'Kiev". In quotation marks cause we don't know where exactly actually. Could be Poland for all you know.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2022/02/25/petro-poroshenko-former-ukrainian-president-rifle-kyiv-newday-berman-vpx.cnn

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

lancelot likes this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:43 am

d_taddei2 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised now zelensky and the Ukrainian population now realise western governments washed their hands of them and didn't come to rescue as they so thought. That zelensky will hammer out a deal with neutrality, zero NATO membership ideas, Crimea to retain access to water, Donetsk and Lugansk to have semi autonomy. Then u will find over the coming decades relations warm between the two countries and the west crawls back under its rock looking for another country to dupe. And Ukrainians and Russians settle their differences. And I would imagine Ukraine will have to clean up and eradicate it's neo Nazi militia. This whole thing will take years, decades most likely. Both Putin and Zelensky will look like a win win for both, Putin has protected donbass people and secured security guarantees, and decapitated Ukrainian military capabilities to a large defence force, and Zelensky can be seen to keep the peace and stop the slaughter of armed forces, Ukrainian their will of course be nationals who will see him as a coward and gave in, but majority will see he did the right thing to stop war. This is most likely how it will be played out in the media. The real winners of course will be Russia and the real losers will be USA, UK and NATO.

America launched two nukes against Japan and now they are us slaves...I do not doubt public opinion will change also in Ukraine (maybe not in Galicia, though)

d_taddei2 and Hannibal Barca like this post

The Ottoman
    The Ottoman

Post  The Ottoman Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:44 am

Claimed dead Russian soldier with a 'unknown' rifle

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1497167834740256772?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1497167834740256772%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdefencehub.live%2Fthreads%2Fukraine-russia-conflict.3279%2Fpage-112

Claimed destroyed Russian convoy

https://twitter.com/theragex/status/1497172394955493378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1497172394955493378%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdefencehub.live%2Fthreads%2Fukraine-russia-conflict.3279%2Fpage-112

If this is true, the invasion is not going wel.

Last edited by The Ottoman on Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:49 am; edited 3 times in total

Hannibal Barca and Backman dislike this post

EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:47 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Was this smartphone footage for real...they can't be serious?!?!?! What utter rank amateurs, your smartphones can be tracked, triangulated and be engaged by munitions...fucking idiots lmao! Razz Embarassed clown lol1 pwnd

I think it is real. Sound of voice, breathing etc. It is hard to find actors that understand how someone reacts to real combat.
    But, it is taken from a western source, I do however not see the propaganda value in faking this
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:48 am

The Ottoman wrote:Claimed dead Russian soldier with a 'unknown' rifle

[MEDIA=twitter]1497167834740256772[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1497172394955493378[/MEDIA]

Lol Kiev surrounded, and most Ukr cities fallen

Turdogan wish he could do this

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, miketheterrible, LMFS and Broski like this post

Cheetah
    Cheetah

Post  Cheetah Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:52 am

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1497167834740256772?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1497167834740256772%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdefencehub.live%2Fthreads%2Fukraine-russia-conflict.3279%2Fpage-112

https://twitter.com/theragex/status/1497172394955493378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1497172394955493378%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdefencehub.live%2Fthreads%2Fukraine-russia-conflict.3279%2Fpage-112

You see a handful of corpses and a few smoldering vehicles and assume that has a bearing on the state of the invasion?

I don't think a single person expected that Russia would succeed in its assault without losses. I wholeheartedly recommend we wait and see how the invasion goes before using a few chicken bones and your latest horoscope.

GarryB, d_taddei2 and Broski like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:53 am

Is this real?

«⚡⚡⚡AFU blew up the An-225 "Mriya" - the largest aircraft in the world»
    https://t.me/mig41/13257

VARGR198 likes this post

The Ottoman
    The Ottoman

Post  The Ottoman Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:54 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:

[MEDIA=twitter]1497167834740256772[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]1497172394955493378[/MEDIA]

Lol Kiev surrounded, and most Ukr cities fallen

Turdogan wish he could do this

Russian maskirovka, like in the Soviet era.

Look sometime at accounts from normal civillians in the region, dead Ruskies and destroyed 'Z' vehicles overall. Heavy costly invasion. Thats why Little Vlad for the 8th time now said that he wants to negotiate.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:13 pm