Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
ali.a.r
zorobabel
crod
The Ottoman
Autodestruct
mack8
Urluber
Walther von Oldenburg
rigoletto
Broski
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
franco
Ispan
Kiko
lancelot
Hole
George1
Isos
owais.usmani
Serberus
RTN
JohninMK
Aristide
higurashihougi
Karl Haushofer
mavaff
Maximmmm
VARGR198
Hannibal Barca
Singular_Transform
Firebird
Regular
nomadski
Finty
nero
Airbornewolf
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
ALAMO
Mir
Sujoy
Scorpius
EkErilaz
d_taddei2
magnumcromagnon
TMA1
Cheetah
hoom
Vann7
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
sundoesntrise
Rasisuki Nebia
par far
Backman
GarryB
caveat emptor
thegopnik
kvs
teh_beard
bitcointrader70
ATLASCUB
lyle6
flamming_python
SeigSoloyvov
auslander
PhSt
73 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Isos
    Isos

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Post  Isos Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:39 pm

Two ukrainian mig-29... no dogfight.

Regular, PapaDragon, Finty, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Post  caveat emptor Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:41 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Interestingly enough if Russia does capture Ukraine that means it gains the Mykolaiv shipyard, I wonder if they will modernize that shipyard. It does have huge docks and decent facilities for building ships.

They didn't seem to target infrastructure around that area.
    Nikolaev shipyard is dead and ruined.

PapaDragon, VARGR198, lancelot and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:42 pm

From what I see russians sent in just a small portion to break the lines.

There is still the big armies waiting in Russia to come in.

Ukrainians are alreaady loosing against that, they will be crushed totally once they send the real forces.

Air force is also playing a very small game there. They rely more on choppers.

Ukraine need to surrender fast. They are leading their soldier to death for no reason.

GarryB, VARGR198 and Broski like this post

bitcointrader70

Post  bitcointrader70 Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:42 pm

Thought Russia destroyed most of the airforce. This just shows how important investing in SEAD/DEAD is for Russia. Needs to focus on airforce more and create more PGM for these situations and ARM. There shouldn’t be any Ukrainian planes or choppers flying at this point honestly. But Russia has very little experience with sead.  This is their first real war where they go up against half decent air defensive.

Now obviously most of these Ukrainian planes are flying blind with probably zero direction from ground based radar.

Last edited by bitcointrader70 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:43 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Interestingly enough if Russia does capture Ukraine that means it gains the Mykolaiv shipyard, I wonder if they will modernize that shipyard. It does have huge docks and decent facilities for building ships.

They will get the last unfinished Slava class... A clean up and modernization to give people work there would be worth it.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:44 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:The more I have watched things unfold today the more I see this as a big miscalculation from Russia’s part. Even if Russia defeats Ukraine militarily Russia will be left with a burden of either occupying Ukraine or abandoning Ukraine and watch Ukraine enter the NATO.

The first big mistake was done by Soviet leaders who separated Ukraine from Russia to create this new nation.

The second big mistake was done in the 1990s and 2000s when the West entered Ukraine with their NGO’s while Russia did not do a thing to fight for its own interests in the country (well, except pouring billions of dollars to Ukrainian state coffins annually without getting anything in return).

Ukraine was lost to Russia because of Russia’s own mistakes and apathy.

Now it is too late. This invasion will just make Ukrainians hate Russians even more passionately. Russia can never win back Ukraine again.

And this unifies the West against Russia. Countries like Germany and France will now be camped tighter with the British and Americans.

People in Washington are celebrating now. Russia – even if it scores a big military victory against Ukraine – lost the big war. The war that matters.

Prove me wrong, if you can.

You never know how things can develop, 

I dont think Russia cares much about EU , or the US at this point, that ship sailed , China is much better partner than EU and is with Russia on this

As far as Ukraine, if they can achieve to replace Zelensky with Medvedchuk or some apparatus similar,  then it will be a success

Russia normalized Hungary and Czechoslovakia,  we are watching normalization of Ukraine 

If radical elements are removed, then Ukraine will return to at least a neutral state, that's the minimum this intervention seeks

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, par far, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:47 pm

Ispan wrote:I had not thought that these initial small attacks are a recon in force. Just seemed to me that the Novorussians and the Russian army are going at it slow and methodical to minimize casualties.

Hey, they have taken an airport in Kiev already, IMHO they are going in fast for the jugular in order to finish off the regime and prevent loss of life and infrastructure. It is fucking risky to send VDV to such a spot and surely there is a good reason for that.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:47 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:The more I have watched things unfold today the more I see this as a big miscalculation from Russia’s part. Even if Russia defeats Ukraine militarily Russia will be left with a burden of either occupying Ukraine or abandoning Ukraine and watch Ukraine enter the NATO.

The first big mistake was done by Soviet leaders who separated Ukraine from Russia to create this new nation.

The second big mistake was done in the 1990s and 2000s when the West entered Ukraine with their NGO’s while Russia did not do a thing to fight for its own interests in the country (well, except pouring billions of dollars to Ukrainian state coffins annually without getting anything in return).

Now it is too late. This invasion will just make Ukrainians hate Russians even more passionately. Russia can never win back Ukraine again.

And this unifies the West against Russia. Countries like Germany and France will now be camped tighter with the British and Americans.

People in Washington are celebrating now. Russia – even if it scores a big military victory against Ukraine – lost the big war. The war that matters.

I dont think Russia cares much about EU , or the US at this point, that ship sailed , China is much better partner than EU and is with Russia on this

As far as Ukraine, if they can achieve to replace Zelensky with Medvedchuk or some apparatus similar,  then it will be a success

Russia normalized Hungary and Czechoslovakia,  we are watching normalization of Ukraine 

If radical elements are removed, then Ukraine will return to at least a neutral state, that's the minimum this intervention seeks

But how can Russia expect a Russia-friendly leader to stay in power in Ukraine without actually occupying Ukraine?
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:48 pm

LMFS wrote:
    Ispan wrote:I had not thought that these initial small attacks are a recon in force. Just seemed to me that the Novorussians and the Russian army are going at it slow and methodical to minimize casualties.

Hey, they have taken an airport in Kiev already, IMHO they are going in fast for the jugular in order to finish off the regime and prevent loss of life and infrastructure. It is fucking risky to send VDV to such a spot and surely there is a good reason for that.

Was a VDV landing and its unconfirmed who even holds it at this point has Kiev forces quickly counter attacked.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:48 pm

NATzO is in a frenzy threatening to cut off SWIFT. What a collection of retards. They are going to nuke the energy market. Russia
    will survive, but I am not sure that many of the NATzO hyenas will.

par far, miketheterrible, LMFS and Broski like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:48 pm

RIP Ukropistan, I guess that cheque to Joe Biden (10% for the big guy) didn't clear in time.
    On the other hand, I see a bright future for the less psychotic half of "404 Country Not Found".

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 20 Novor

GarryB likes this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:49 pm

In Damascus was a millions on the square demonstrated against the NATO terrorists. In Tripoli, 2 million people were to demonstrate everything with green flags on the legs to demonstrate for Gaddafi.
    And in Kiev? Empty .... where is the "Maidan"? Where are the Ukrainians who gather for "their" country?
    Where?

All empty...
    See Live
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kFqY7P0vow

But they will come when Russia Kiev freed from fascism ... and celebrate.

kvs, nomadski, ZoA, Hole and Broski like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:50 pm

Isos wrote:They will get the last unfinished Slava class... A clean up and modernization to give people work there would be worth it.

It is junk already... Nikolaev is only good now for stoves

PapaDragon, Hole and lancelot like this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:50 pm

Regular wrote:

Also, plenty of videos of Ukrainians whining to Russian soldiers. They don't seem that they want to be freed.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1496851057888182279

that's not surprising at all , when you have the kiev regime ,controlling all media ,radio and television
    and banning any media that speak positively about russia. Then is natural brainwashed civilians will
    not like russia if they told , russia is to blame for the 30 years of poverty of ukraine and for every death of ever citizen since their independence in 1991. Laughing

GarryB likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:50 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:

But how can Russia expect a Russia-friendly leader to stay in power in Ukraine without actually occupying Ukraine?

Occupation today is not like 20th century, you dont need 100,000 men occupying Kiev

Simply 2000 men and airbase like Latakia, Like Abkhazia will do to give legitimacy to the new regime, as well as FSB cleaning out the SBU and removing CIA from the country 

That enough will place Ukraine on a new path

nomadski likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:51 pm

bitcointrader70 wrote:Thought Russia destroyed most of the airforce. This just shows how important investing in SEAD/DEAD is for Russia. Needs to focus on airforce more and create more PGM for these situations and ARM. There shouldn’t be any Ukrainian planes or choppers flying at this point honestly. But Russia has very little experience with sead.  This is their first real war where they go up against half decent air defensive.

Now obviously most of these Ukrainian planes are flying blind with probably zero direction from ground based radar.

Yes, Russians don't have designated SEAD/DEAD, it would be a shame if with new UAVs they are designing, they wouldn't build a taskforce for that.
    VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:51 pm

Isos wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:

They will get the last unfinished Slava class... A clean up and modernization to give people work there would be worth it.

It's been lying there so long its probably better as scrap.

GarryB, kvs and PapaDragon like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:51 pm

Important observation: Russia is not hitting water treatment plants and oil storage facilities. Contrast with America and its
    NATzO minions. All they ever do during their invasions is to attack civilian infrastructure.

GarryB, dino00, Regular, magnumcromagnon, par far, auslander, zepia and like this post

Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:54 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:

Occupation today is not like 20th century, you dont need 100,000 men occupying Kiev

Simply 2000 men and airbase like Latakia, Like Abkhazia will do to give legitimacy to the new regime, as well as FSB cleaning out the SBU and removing CIA from the country 

That enough will place Ukraine on a new path

Hope you are right!
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:54 pm

Isos wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:

Check videos. It will take hundreds of millions to make it up and running. If they can find workforce for it. Just leave it
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:54 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    Regular wrote:

Also, plenty of videos of Ukrainians whining to Russian soldiers. They don't seem that they want to be freed.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1496851057888182279

that's not surprising at all , when you have the kiev regime ,controlling all media ,radio and television
    and banning any media that speak positively about russia. Then is natural brainwashed civilians will
    not like russia if they told , russia is to blame for the 30 years of poverty of ukraine and for every death of ever citizen since their independence in 1991. Laughing

I believe this also don't forget that there wasn't much demand for russians to arrive in this area. It's different around Luhansk, Donetsk.

VARGR198 likes this post

par far

Post  par far Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:57 pm

Boris clown in Londonistan saying Russia will be disconnected from Swift.

Please go ahead and do it.

kvs, miketheterrible and LMFS like this post

bitcointrader70

Post  bitcointrader70 Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:00 pm

Russia fucked up. Russian transport plans crashed and VDV Spetznaz is trapped like rats at Antonov airport. This is starting to look like a fucking disaster for Russia in terms lives lost. God damn pisdabols.

Firebird, dino00, topolm and Broski dislike this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:01 pm

Why was the forum down ?

Anyway S-300 destroyed. However the VDV seem to be bombed the shit out of them in the airport in kiyv.

miketheterrible, Finty and Mir like this post

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:01 pm

There was a DDoS attack against this site? It have been out for long time, in this case please consider a telegram channel as backup.

magnumcromagnon, kvs, VARGR198, Rodion_Romanovic, Mir, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 am