Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+37
franco
jhelb
AZ-5
Karl Haushofer
PhSt
magnumcromagnon
lyle6
ATLASCUB
Hole
Sujoy
mnztr
JohninMK
Godric
Scorpius
Firebird
Arrow
Airbornewolf
nomadski
LMFS
GarryB
Backman
bitcointrader70
Krepost
calripson
Big_Gazza
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Arkanghelsk
par far
Urluber
flamming_python
VARGR198
ALAMO
kvs
miketheterrible
lancelot
PapaDragon
George1
41 posters

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 2772
    Points : 3017
    Join date : 2014-06-27

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  par far Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:05 am

    kvs wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Urluber wrote:Russia has probably promised support (at least political). ...

    What Russia needs to promise is that not a single airplane from Kazakhstan will be allowed into Russia and that any politician that tries to flee would be handed over to protesters


    Russia should prevent Turkish cargo transports loaded with regime change operatives from flying into Kazakhstan.
    The "protestors" are actual criminals and not victims of the regime.  



    This is what I think to. I am pretty sure that Russia knows what is coming into Kazakhstan and what is coming out of Kazakhstan.

    I am pretty sure Russian intelligence probably knew what was going to happen, they have been dialed in, especially around Russia.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11886
    Points : 11952
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:12 am

    kvs wrote:.....Russia should prevent Turkish cargo transports loaded with regime change operatives from flying into Kazakhstan.
    The "protestors" are actual criminals and not victims of the regime.  

    Why?

    It's the job of Kazakh Military to terminate these operatives

    It's not Russia's job to wipe asses of some disloyal horse fuckers



    par far wrote:What kind of help will Russia send?

    Solid guarantee that of they don't clean this up they and their families will be gift wrapped and handed over to new management

    Any of their money in Russia will be confiscated in the name of democracy

    avatar
    Urluber


    Posts : 24
    Points : 26
    Join date : 2022-01-05

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Urluber Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:16 am

    kvs wrote:So the Kazakh nazionalists have links to the Uighurs in China.   Very interesting.  Clearly one big CIA operation from start to finish.


    Of course!
    Show me a spontaneous protest that develops in few nights into full-scale operation taking over airports and tv-towers, rade military ammo depots Laughing

    When we have normal, spontaneous protest we have people shouting slogans against government, eating a plateful of pea soup and go home by dark. That's what happens in a protest when it's genuinely people being angry at government about something.

    flamming_python, Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 2772
    Points : 3017
    Join date : 2014-06-27

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  par far Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:24 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    kvs wrote:.....Russia should prevent Turkish cargo transports loaded with regime change operatives from flying into Kazakhstan.
    The "protestors" are actual criminals and not victims of the regime.  

    Why?

    It's the job of Kazakh Military to terminate these operatives

    It's not Russia's job to wipe asses of some disloyal horse fuckers



    par far wrote:What kind of help will Russia send?

    Solid guarantee that of they don't clean this up they and their families will be gift wrapped and handed over to new management

    Any of their money in Russia will be confiscated in the name of democracy



    The last thing that Russia needs is another Ukraine on their border(this is aimed at Russia), this also involves China as well, there will be more than likely Russian support for Kazakhstan.

    Also Kazakhstan is part of the Collective Security Treaty Organization and ally of Russia, if Russia does not send support and help, than what is the difference between US/NATO and Russia?

    How is Kazakhstan disloyal? They joined Russian led bloc.

    Big_Gazza and miketheterrible like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 5263
    Points : 5339
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  flamming_python Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:49 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    kvs wrote:.....Russia should prevent Turkish cargo transports loaded with regime change operatives from flying into Kazakhstan.
    The "protestors" are actual criminals and not victims of the regime.  

    Why?

    It's the job of Kazakh Military to terminate these operatives

    It's not Russia's job to wipe asses of some disloyal horse fuckers



    par far wrote:What kind of help will Russia send?

    Solid guarantee that of they don't clean this up they and their families will be gift wrapped and handed over to new management

    Any of their money in Russia will be confiscated in the name of democracy


    You have a disdain for strategic thinking

    Russia should provide Kazakhstan with whatever help they ask for

    And then back them in cutting ties with Kiev and Washington after order has been restored, and rounding up all the opposition oligarchs

    Big_Gazza, kvs and Urluber like this post

    avatar
    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E


    Posts : 117
    Points : 123
    Join date : 2016-01-20

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:53 am

    The OVKS has just decided a peace mission. # Russia now sends soldiers to #kasachstan
    #Russia

    flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible and Urluber like this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 6591
    Points : 6565
    Join date : 2016-11-07

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:56 am

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:The OVKS has just decided a peace mission. # Russia now sends soldiers to #kasachstan
    #Russia

    This is just shows to Armenians, if you ask for help, they will send help. Armenia never asked for help and lost.

    If the reports are true.

    Big_Gazza, kvs and Urluber like this post

    avatar
    Urluber


    Posts : 24
    Points : 26
    Join date : 2022-01-05

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Urluber Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:58 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Urluber wrote:Russia has probably promised support (at least political). ...

    What Russia needs to promise is that not a single airplane from Kazakhstan will be allowed into Russia and that any politician that tries to flee would be handed over to protesters


    Well, that also. It's tiresome to see how Russia still is expected to bail out everyone without the bailed-out ones putting any effort themselves.

    The Ukrainian guy fleeing to Russia back in 2014 with his billions without any fight was a lame show. But that's another topic.
    I'm sure if Russia bails out the Kazakh regime from this, they expect Kazakhstan to pay Russia for Baikonur for the next 50 years.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 6591
    Points : 6565
    Join date : 2016-11-07

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:00 am

    Urluber wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Urluber wrote:Russia has probably promised support (at least political). ...

    What Russia needs to promise is that not a single airplane from Kazakhstan will be allowed into Russia and that any politician that tries to flee would be handed over to protesters


    Well, that also. It's tiresome to see how Russia still is expected to bail out everyone without the bailed-out ones putting any effort themselves.

    The Ukrainian guy fleeing to Russia back in 2014 with his billions without any fight was a lame show. But that's another topic.
    I'm sure if Russia bails out the Kazakh regime from this, they expect Kazakhstan to pay Russia for Baikonur for the next 50 years.

    I actually expect Russia to demand reforms in Kazakhstan. Meaning that Kazakhstan will have to adjust their economy and social structure by Russian demands. Will be good for Kazakhstan in long run anyway.

    flamming_python, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and Urluber like this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 2958
    Points : 2958
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Big_Gazza Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:01 am

    Kazakh president asks Russia-led bloc for military help

    Allied military help needed to quell actions of “terrorist bands” amid violent civil unrest in Kazakhstan, the president insists.

    The Kazakh president has asked the Russia-led Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) for help amid violent unrest gripping the nation, claiming that “terrorists” were overrunning strategic facilities across the country.

    “I believe reaching out to our CSTO partners is appropriate and timely,” President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev was quoted as saying by the media late on Wednesday.

    The president slammed the violent protesters who have overrun government buildings and other facilities in several cities across the country. Moreover, he said an “intense firefight” between an airborne military unit and the “terrorists” had been going on outside the country’s largest city, Almaty, at the time of his address. These highly organized “terrorists” had been trained abroad, Tokayev alleged.

    https://www.rt.com/russia/545250-kazakhstan-protests-csto-military-help/

    Eight police and military killed, over 300 injured, and we are supposed to believe this is because of fuel price hikes? Suspect Murkanz up to their old tricks again it would seem.

    Cue our corrupt MSM sock puppets to complain about "authoritarian regimes" committing "human rights violations" against "pro-democracy protestors".   Razz

    kvs, miketheterrible and Urluber like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 5263
    Points : 5339
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  flamming_python Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:04 am

    More looting in Almaty



    General chaos



    The airport


    Police surrendering somewhere in Almaty


    The Kazakh security forces are now saying they won't enter Almaty 'till morning. Smart move. Let the citizens of Almaty experience another night of western-sponsored democracy and develop an immune-reaction to it.

    Meanwhile there is word of the CSTO sending peacekeepers to guard key infrastructural objects (airports, power stations, TV stations, embassies, etc...) until the situation stabilizes. Also the correct decision I feel, the Kazakh military can't be relied upon for the most important jobs, but there is no need for more overt actions.

    I never expected Kazakhstan to be this weak as a state. It started to fall apart like a house of cards. Nazerbayev had the foresight to move the capital to the north in the 90s - that's probably what has saved the government. Almaty has been overrun by protestors, marauders and insurgents.

    But what now? Every clan fighting for power in this way from now on and orchestrating revolutions against one another every few years like in Kyrgyzstan?
    I don't even know.

    Airbornewolf and Urluber like this post

    lancelot
    lancelot


    Posts : 656
    Points : 658
    Join date : 2020-10-18

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  lancelot Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:05 am

    Kazakhstan plays both sides. They joined CSTO and similar initiatives because it makes zero sense for them to join NATO or any organization like that.
    It is in the middle of Asia. What would NATO do even if they wanted a center Asian country to join in the first place?

    The leaders of the Kazakhstan, Russian, and Ukrainian SSRs were responsible for the breakup of the Soviet Union so I am not surprised a lot of people dislike these leaders. Of those I would say Kazakhstan was probably one of the least poorly managed after the breakup. I do not expect the government to collapse. They made the new capital on purpose to prevent a rebellion like this from toppling them in the first place. I think they saw this coming a mile away.

    Urluber likes this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 6591
    Points : 6565
    Join date : 2016-11-07

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:07 am

    If it's mostly Almaty, couldn't the authorities try to surround the city, prevent people leaving and coming in? Also provide a no fly zone and any plane trying to fly over gets diverted?
    avatar
    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E


    Posts : 117
    Points : 123
    Join date : 2016-01-20

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:07 am

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 FIXpD4kXsAUZrEa?format=jpg&name=900x900
    no Pardon for Turkey and Azerbaijan! Stop the Theater from Turkey!

    AFP News Agency
    @AFP
    #BREAKING Moscow-led alliance to send "peacekeeping forces" to protest-hit Kazakhstan, its chairman says
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 6591
    Points : 6565
    Join date : 2016-11-07

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:08 am

    Urluber likes this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 2958
    Points : 2958
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Kazakh president asks Russia-led bloc for military help

    Post  Big_Gazza Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:14 am


    Ah, I knew there had to be one somewhere... just couldn't find it.

    miketheterrible likes this post

    avatar
    Urluber


    Posts : 24
    Points : 26
    Join date : 2022-01-05

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Urluber Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:22 am

    flamming_python wrote:More looting in Almaty

    The Kazakh security forces are now saying they won't enter Almaty 'till morning. Smart move. Let the citizens of Almaty experience another night of western-sponsored democracy and develop an immune-reaction to it.

    Meanwhile there is word of the CSTO sending peacekeepers to guard key infrastructural objects (airports, power stations, TV stations, embassies, etc...) until the situation stabilizes. Also the correct decision I feel, the Kazakh military can't be relied upon for the most important jobs, but there is no need for more overt actions.

    I never expected Kazakhstan to be this weak as a state. It started to fall apart like a house of cards. Nazerbayev had the foresight to move the capital to the north in the 90s - that's probably what has saved the government. Almaty has been overrun by protestors, marauders and insurgents.

    But what now? Every clan fighting for power in this way from now on and orchestrating revolutions against one another every few years like in Kyrgyzstan?
    I don't even know.

    Nothing prevents Russia from coordinating there after this mess is cleared. Form a proper power structure.
    If (and when) this mess is cleared it's certain Russia will be the strongest player standing.

    Russia has extensive experience of putting the clans in order (Caucasus in general, Afghanistan, Chechnya, Syria - in chronological order). It is not about shedding blood as is generally portrayed in western-dominated information space but about art of the deal.

    You need to take in consideration interests of various groups, but bind them into a favorable order. It's definitely possible if there is will.

    flamming_python likes this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 5263
    Points : 5339
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  flamming_python Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:26 am

    Am not sure Turkey is involved in this

    Erdogan has enough of his own problems at the moment, to not want to provoke any further differences of opinion with Russia, on which there are a good many already. After all, Erdogan might have to turn to that same Russia and China to bail his own ass from mass protests and regime change soon enough, or to provide some relief to the Turkish economy before that happens.

    Erdo and Putin had a phone-call about the Transcaucasus and Central Asian regions just a few days ago, don't know what was discussed.
    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 11826
    Points : 11977
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  kvs Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:28 am

    That photo is funny. Turkey has no links (hostorical, etc.) to the territory in Siberia that is drawn on the map. If it wants
    to be so ambitious it should claim all of the New World since the aboriginals there moved out of the Altai around 15,000 years
    ago.

    miketheterrible and Hole like this post

    avatar
    Urluber


    Posts : 24
    Points : 26
    Join date : 2022-01-05

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Urluber Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:31 am

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 FIXpD4kXsAUZrEa?format=jpg&name=900x900
    no Pardon for Turkey and Azerbaijan! Stop the Theater from Turkey!

    AFP News Agency
    @AFP
    #BREAKING Moscow-led alliance to send "peacekeeping forces" to protest-hit Kazakhstan, its chairman says

    Turkey is essentially a nobody.
    Russia needs to patiently tolerate its pathetic barking in order to keep it in the loop. For now.

    Turkey is an important component in the plan to disintegrate US-contingent. We have seen great success in driving USA away from the Middle East and driving wedge into the block (with Turk stream, S-400 sales).

    Turkey is by no means a player at level of Russia. It can be tolerated to use it as a tool. I'm sure Russia knows everything Turkey is up to and can prevent the overflows from megalomaniac sultan if needed.

    flamming_python and Hole like this post

    avatar
    calripson


    Posts : 608
    Points : 663
    Join date : 2013-10-26

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Normal Operating Procedure

    Post  calripson Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:36 am

    flamming_python wrote:More looting in Almaty



    General chaos



    The airport


    Police surrendering somewhere in Almaty


    The Kazakh security forces are now saying they won't enter Almaty 'till morning. Smart move. Let the citizens of Almaty experience another night of western-sponsored democracy and develop an immune-reaction to it.

    Meanwhile there is word of the CSTO sending peacekeepers to guard key infrastructural objects (airports, power stations, TV stations, embassies, etc...) until the situation stabilizes. Also the correct decision I feel, the Kazakh military can't be relied upon for the most important jobs, but there is no need for more overt actions.

    I never expected Kazakhstan to be this weak as a state. It started to fall apart like a house of cards. Nazerbayev had the foresight to move the capital to the north in the 90s - that's probably what has saved the government. Almaty has been overrun by protestors, marauders and insurgents.

    But what now? Every clan fighting for power in this way from now on and orchestrating revolutions against one another every few years like in Kyrgyzstan?
    I don't even know.

    Corrupting the security and military elite with Swiss bank accounts and promises of UK/US citizenship and scholarships for their kids at Oxford or Harvard are SOP.

    flamming_python, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS and Urluber like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11886
    Points : 11952
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:43 am

    par far wrote:...The last thing that Russia needs is another Ukraine on their border(this is aimed at Russia), this also involves China as well, there will be more than likely Russian support for Kazakhstan...

    Kazakhstan is in the middle of fucking nowhere, what are they gonna do? Ask for EU membership?

    Also, it's Chinese problem even more than Russian so they could get off their asses for a change



    par far wrote:...Also Kazakhstan is part of the Collective Security Treaty Organization and ally of Russia...

    Ally that has been trying to scam them for decades on every single issue

    Also they are not under military threat so CSTO has no business in this



    par far wrote:...How is Kazakhstan disloyal? They joined Russian led bloc.

    And are now trying to bail

    Protesters ARE Kazaks




    Also, there's barely any mention of this on CNN and other networks, looks like this is another case of local politicians being retards just like in Belarus

    Blood needs to flow here so things could become clearer in the long run, enough of the old neutrality bullshit (AKA waiting for Brussels to take over)  

    avatar
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 204
    Points : 206
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:45 am

    Welp I was totally wrong, CSTO mission was approved looks like

    Guess belarus and kazakh are the latest trophies, that wonderful idiotic spat between Armenia and azerbaijan also was nice in 2021 for russian army to get another slice of kavkaz.

    All in all, it goes wonderfully

    Many trophies...

    Urluber likes this post

    avatar
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 204
    Points : 206
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:57 am

    -2001 201st base Tajikistan reinforced
    -2008 Abkhazia and south ossetia are supported
    -2012 Kyrgyzstan Bishkek agreement, Russians bolster presence
    -2015 Crimea donbass situation, Russia stabilizes Ukrainian direction
    -2020 nagornoh karabakh gets Russian presence for first time since collapse of USSR
    -2021 belarus signs memorandum of union by 21 agreements linking with Russia
    -2022 Kazakhstan activates CSTO

    Idk boys, I'd call this a sphere of influence if I ever saw one

    🇷🇺🇷🇺🇷🇺

    Ffs for this hassle baikonur should be rent free hehehe

    Hole, Backman and Urluber like this post

    avatar
    Urluber


    Posts : 24
    Points : 26
    Join date : 2022-01-05

    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Urluber Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:09 am

    Arkanghelsk wrote:Welp I was totally wrong, CSTO mission was approved looks like

    Guess belarus and kazakh are the latest trophies, that wonderful idiotic spat between Armenia and azerbaijan also was nice in 2021 for russian army to get another slice of kavkaz.

    All in all, it goes wonderfully

    Many trophies...


    Russia has drawn its red lines.
    They tolerated the Hollywood quite a long time (for whatever reason: be it rotten elements in government, mutually beneficiary arrangements or tactical retreat - there are many versions) but games are clearly over.

    As I have indicated before already, USA is not a wonder-barrel of infinite power.
    If it is faced with firm resistance it runs its hand empty surprisingly quick. We've seen that in Byelorus (in my opinion it is not getting all the deserved respect in Russia - after all it was pretty much the first one of ex-Soviet countries to stand up, par Russia itself, I know Luka fukups against Russia). And even more so in resistance of Iran. They fired rockets to US base and nothing happened. I'm no fan of Iran (as a christian) but it for sure has made great contribution in exposing the Hollywood.

    Sponsored content


    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 3 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:11 pm