Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+97
Podlodka77
calripson
Scorpius
Mir
TMA1
jhelb
lyle6
Arrow
Maximmmm
ALAMO
lancelot
mnztr
LMFS
PhSt
SeigSoloyvov
Rodion_Romanovic
Hole
Cyberspec
verkhoturye51
Tsavo Lion
ScotchedEarth
Firebird
The-thing-next-door
Zaits
miketheterrible
AlfaT8
kvs
George1
Rmf
whir
Kimppis
franco
Godric
Khepesh
KiloGolf
wilhelm
Acheron
cracker
andalusia
x_54_u43
Svyatoslavich
par far
SturmGuard
NationalRus
Odin of Ossetia
Cyrus the great
KoTeMoRe
OminousSpudd
Project Canada
Nikander
BTRfan
jka
Book.
warcraftee
zg18
bmtppk
victor1985
marcinko
PapaDragon
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
medo
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
Neutrality
Walther von Oldenburg
GunshipDemocracy
AirCargo
Big_Gazza
max steel
KomissarBojanchev
Morpheus Eberhardt
fredleander
Hannibal Barca
Mike E
higurashihougi
flamming_python
TR1
Airbornewolf
magnumcromagnon
Austin
collegeboy16
TheArmenian
As Sa'iqa
Werewolf
Stealthflanker
macedonian
Regular
Deep Throat
SOC
solo.13mmfmj
GarryB
Pervius
nightcrawler
Admin
Viktor
sepheronx
101 posters

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia

Maximmmm
    Maximmmm

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 27 Empty Re: Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia

Post  Maximmmm Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:05 am

George1 wrote:In Kiev: Preliminary preparations have begun for dismantling the Soviet coat of arms from the shield of the Motherland sculpture

https://en.topwar.ru/189794-v-kieve-nachata-predvaritelnaja-podgotovka-po-demontazhu-sovetskogo-gerba-so-schita-skulptury-rodina-mat.html

They're gonna wreck the whole thing aren't they?
    That poor statue is a great summary of modern Ukraine. Remnant of a previous, far more advanced, civilization towering over the city. Modern engineers incapable of dealing with it's advanced construction to modify it. Resorting instead to projecting a symbol of the new regime on its mighty frame.

Soon the ignoble death.

GarryB, Hannibal Barca, kvs and PapaDragon like this post

kvs
    kvs

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 27 Empty Re: Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia

Post  kvs Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:33 pm

They have to spam the trident symbol everywhere. BTW, this symbol is one of the Kievn Rus runes. Ukrians have no historical
    claim to it. That it is their "national" symbol underscores how fake their nationality is. They steal Russian history and claim it
    as their own. So Knyaz Vladimir is supposed to be some sort of Ukrian but Russians are not even Slavs.

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 27 Empty The criminal stereotype of Russians in American media

Post  Guest Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:03 pm

Where did this stereotype of the Russian as a brutish, stupid thug who drinks heavily and calls other people "comrade" come from?

Because most Russians aren't like that at all.

If anything, it is the Americans who seem louder, ruder, and far more ignorant of how the rest of the world operates.

Russians, from what I've seen, are a quiet, serious, guarded folks who aren't prone to smiles and hugs like the Italians and the Spanish are. But they are generally polite, mild-mannered, and don't go out of their way to screw with people who haven't done anything to them. They don't seem to be as easily triggered and hyper-sensitive as Americans can be either.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:20 pm

Cinderblock108 wrote:Where did this stereotype of the Russian as a brutish, stupid thug who drinks heavily and calls other people "comrade" come from?

If anything, it is the Americans who seem louder, ruder, and far more ignorant of how the rest of the world operates.

Russians, from what I've seen, are a quiet, serious, guarded folks who aren't prone to smiles and hugs like the Italians and the Spanish are. But they are generally polite, mild-mannered, and don't go out of their way to screw with people who haven't done anything to them. They don't seem to be as easily triggered and hyper-sensitive as Americans can be either.

You ask a lot of rather odd questions. Stuff that should be rather obvious to even the most basic of individual. I hope you aren't trolling.

Answer: Hollywood = cheap propaganda.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:32 am

The US needs to be the hero... and to be the hero there needs to be a villain... but the US is so rich and powerful, decent villains are hard to come by that are sufficiently scary enough to be effective in the role.

All powerful Putin with hundreds of trillions of dollars in overseas banks that western intelligence services can't find to steal or seize or at least freeze, and of course he controls all elections around the world, but leaves no evidence at all... in fact when given the actual opportunity to influence elections in the west like when he is asked whether Trump or Hillary will win the US election he says things like he is a Russian citizen and it is for the US citizens to decide. When asking the same question in Europe most officials said Hillary will win because Trump is a joke.... but everyone forgets that and when Trump goes to Europe and snubs all the pricks that said he was a loser and would not win somehow they are the victims and Trump is Putins puppet...

If the countries of the west had their economies and culture turned around the way Russia has had this by Putin, he would be treated with enormous respect in the west... he essentially achieved what Stalin did without the gulags and violence... Russia went from a largely broken country whose military was in disarray that even Russians didn't respect the Russian military... it was just another indicator that they are no longer a super power...

The transformation has been astonishing, so expect the depiction of Russians as bad guys to return to levels during the first cold war or worse.

The irony is that floating nuclear power plants might be what saves the EU from energy collapse... but don't expect any credit or thanks...

andalusia and kvs like this post

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:45 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    Cinderblock108 wrote:Where did this stereotype of the Russian as a brutish, stupid thug who drinks heavily and calls other people "comrade" come from?

You ask a lot of rather odd questions.  Stuff that should be rather obvious to even the most basic of individual.  I hope you aren't trolling.

Answer: Hollywood = cheap propaganda.

My question is, where did Hollywood get that particular impression of Russians?
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:15 am

Cinderblock108 wrote:

My question is, where did Hollywood get that particular impression of Russians?

It sells easy, and an extremely naive worldView of Hollywood on Europe
    Including its audience. it is not just hollywood tough.
    Take a look at other media, for example Call of Duty.
    Where you, playing as an CIA agent participate with an Terrorist Attack on an russian airport.
    Mowing down civilians left and right.

The game never adresses you, the player playing as the character doing this is just an piece of human trash.
    An absolute piece of sub-human not worth the oxygen he is drawing.
    with all the things the CIA has done over the world, the game should have the millitary and troops on the U.S side disavow any of this.

in 2019's game of COD, there is the highway of death.
    what happens here is actual historical revisionism.
    Instead of the U.S commiting war crimes, it is portrayed that it is the russians.
    You can not do this as an western game developer.

The whole game is pretty much white-washing U.S foreign involvement,painting terrorists (white helmets) as good guys and etc.

Hollywood gets a lot of backing and investing of Lobbyist from the Millitary and Arms industry to portray russians and chinese like this.
    Because, fear sells weapons. And constantly dripping this twisted worldview trough media gets new recruits that believes their worldview.

kvs likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:14 am

This shows you how mentally deficient most proles are for such brainwashing via entertainment media to be effective.
    But that is the way of things.

Airbornewolf likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:40 am

kvs wrote:This shows you how mentally deficient most proles are for such brainwashing via entertainment media to be effective.
    But that is the way of things.

hahaha, How do you think i ended up joining the millitary and ending up in Afghanistan lol1

"liberate the world from Terrorism".
    I was one of those dumb kids to be honest.
    Joining up i wanted to go on deployments to "build a better world".

Well,...setting foot there in Afghanistan and seeing what really was going on.
    "this is an reconstruction and peacekeeping operation".
    "okay,..."
    then you end up in open warfare against the Taliban where no punches are pulled  attack

we troops: "This was not as it was portrayed in the brochure".
    How the U.S looked down upon Allies and Afghans alike,
    Our own media constantly shoving things under the carpet what we mentioned to them they should investigate.
    How Russians where helping us out everywhere with air logistic companys.

How absolutely wrong i was, and how absolutely corrupted and uncaring Western Foreign Policy is.

Guys like me that tried to mention the wrongdoings there just get silenced. called "russian trolls"or "an poor victim of russian propaganda".
    And there goes all your social media accounts Razz.
    "Banned for being an member or voicing support of illigitimate and/or criminal organisations".
    I really tried, But honestly there is no way to go against this level of media manipulation and propaganda.
    At some point you have to let it go, and go on with your life.

I voice my experiences and viewpoints where i can tough.

It is the sad truth indeed,
    young guys are just sucked up by it, and sent off to the next unwinnable conflict for Uncle Sam.
    Only realising there everything is pure propaganda.

kvs and Hole like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:34 am

I think your awareness and understanding are well beyond most of the apathetic masses. You saw through the bubble
    of illusion and took the red pill. Most take the blue pill and prefer to live inside the bubble of illusion.

I cannot really denigrate people for not rocking their own boat. They have grown up in an environment with corrupted
    information. Humans are all living in Plato's cave. But some have been given the chance to see more of reality than others.
    This includes people like you who served in Afghanistan and people like me who immigrated and have links to the other
    side of the "curtain".

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:55 am

This is an excerpt from the CIA's ""A Study of Assassination", written way back in the early 1950's.

"Conference room technique: [Assassin] #1 Enters room quickly but quietly. #2 Stands in
    doorway. #2 Opens fire on first subject to react. Swings across group toward center of
    mass. Times burst to empty magazine at end of swing. #1 Covers group to prevent
    individual dangerous reactions; if necessary, fires individual bursts of 3 rounds. #1
    Finishes burst. Commands 'Shift'. Drops back through door. Replaces empty magazine.
    Covers corridor. #1 On command 'Shift', opens fire on opposite side of target. Swings one
    burst across group. Leaves propaganda [to implicate the opposition]."

Sounds pretty much like a script for a Hollywood gangster movie or something those "Russians" would do.

GarryB, flamming_python and kvs like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:29 am

Last line of instructions in Cyrillic and left at scene of crime as proof it was the Russians...

kvs and Mir like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:32 pm

Many people stumble at the very beginning when they make the assumption that Russophobia is some kind of spontaneous phenomenon. However, in reality, Russophobia is a carefully developed concept that is used as a tool for political and economic influences: from the suppression of dissent, to the justification of military invasions and the killing of people. This is the same strategy used by the Nazi Reich, only more disguised by modern PR technologies.

GarryB, markgreven, kvs and Hole like this post

calripson

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 27 Empty Long Before The Third Reich

Post  calripson Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:22 am

Scorpius wrote:Many people stumble at the very beginning when they make the assumption that Russophobia is some kind of spontaneous phenomenon. However, in reality, Russophobia is a carefully developed concept that is used as a tool for political and economic influences: from the suppression of dissent, to the justification of military invasions and the killing of people. This is the same strategy used by the Nazi Reich, only more disguised by modern PR technologies.

Used by the Austro-Hungarian Empire, the British, the Polish and others.

GarryB and kvs like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:43 am

calripson wrote:
    Scorpius wrote:Many people stumble at the very beginning when they make the assumption that Russophobia is some kind of spontaneous phenomenon. However, in reality, Russophobia is a carefully developed concept that is used as a tool for political and economic influences: from the suppression of dissent, to the justification of military invasions and the killing of people. This is the same strategy used by the Nazi Reich, only more disguised by modern PR technologies.

Used by the Austro-Hungarian Empire, the British, the Polish and others.

Bram Stoker wrote Dracula as a type of anti-Russian propaganda. (Little details such as the Romanian name and that Transylvania
    has zero to do with Russia don't get in the way.)

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:35 am

The colonial empires of europe have been anti Russia for quite some time... here in Dunedin in New Zealand we have what they call a disappearing gun... coastal artillery intended to defend the port from attack.

It wasn't made for WWII or WWI, it was made in 1889... because obviously the Russians were coming... (note nothing to do with communism on that date...)

https://flicense.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-russians-are-coming-disappearing.html

But then in a world gone crazy... what is wrong with this picture...

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 27 26445710

kvs likes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:15 am

i've read in the past almost everything but something like "air assault in Russian teritory" is to much for me and i'm angry. Its like thay say "we are going on vaccation" and with no respect to Russia and most of all to RUSSIAN people at all. There is no difference between them and Hitler - not at all. Thay observe Russians as subhumans or something like that. "Superiority this, superiority that, bad guys and bad people"...

dino00, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:31 am

Podlodka77 wrote:i've read in the past almost everything but something like "air assault in Russian teritory" is to much for me and i'm angry. Its like thay say "we are going on vaccation" and with no respect to Russia and most of all to RUSSIAN people at all. There is no difference between them and Hitler - not at all. Thay observe Russians as subhumans or something like that. "Superiority this, superiority that, bad guys and bad people"...

Murkan elites and their Eurotrash vassals want to be able to treat Russians in the same way as they treated Serbs in 1999. angry

Won't EVER happen. Twisted Evil

kvs and Podlodka77 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:10 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:i've read in the past almost everything but something like "air assault in Russian teritory" is to much for me and i'm angry. Its like thay say "we are going on vaccation" and with no respect to Russia and most of all to RUSSIAN people at all. There is no difference between them and Hitler - not at all. Thay observe Russians as subhumans or something like that. "Superiority this, superiority that, bad guys and bad people"...

Murkan elites and their Eurotrash vassals want to be able to treat Russians in the same way as they treated Serbs in 1999. angry

Won't EVER happen.   Twisted Evil

I am sorry because this is a Su-57 section, but i must write this..
    They hate Russia; 1. Poland (number one and thay hate Russia more than any other country in the World hates another country), UK (thay hate everyone) , France, Sweden, Baltic banana states,
    They dont like Russia; Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Netherlands, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Austria.
    They wish they were gone out of all of this; Germany in my opinion. Germans have had enough of Russia i am sure about that.
    They have no hatred: Italy, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldavia..
    NO FUCKING CHANCE; Serbia and Greece.
    limb

Russophobia, Common Lies-Nonsense on Russia - Page 27 Empty off-topic discussion

Post  limb Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:43 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:

Won't EVER happen.   Twisted Evil

I am sorry because this is a Su-57 section, but i must write this..
    They hate Russia; 1. Poland (number one and thay hate Russia more than any other country in the World hates another country), UK (thay hate everyone) , France, Sweden, Baltic banana states,
    They dont like Russia; Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Netherlands, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Austria.
    They wish they were gone out of all of this; Germany in my opinion. Germans have had enough of Russia i am sure about that.
    They have no hatred: Italy, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldavia..
    NO FUCKING CHANCE; Serbia and Greece.
    Romania has a hatred almost on par with poland against russia. They're eternally butthurt about moldova existsing and the USSR "assimilating romanians" there. Most romanians are proud of invading Russia in 1941 and I talked to many romanians who said their grandparents killed and terrorized slavs in the USSR during WW2 and that this was justified because the russians were "subhuman bolsheviks" and that romanians did russians a favor in ukraine by civilizing them from bolshevik barbarity.

Hungary will always be prowestern due to butthurt about 1956.

If anything croatia has little to no hatred.

Sorry for offtopic
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:33 pm

Just see this as idiots that have no idea what they are talking about.
    For anyone interrested, go see "we where soldiers" and see how high intensity and resource-intensive an airborne operation is.
    Propably the only war movie i saw too that treated the "enemy" with respect too.

NATO has not the aircraft, soldiers, expertise and Munitions left to do any of this.
    Its entire leadership has been replaced by "yes-men" that never stop to think with "this is never going to work"

And you know how that ends working out?.

You sit in an meeting to deploy armoured units to Scotland. No airlift capacity, no landing ships for transport.
    So your millitary rents an civilian liner...and just part of it.
    Because...too expensive.

You adress that if its under civilian control, it will adhere to civilian rules and regulations, NATO flatbeds and tanks do not conform to this.
    superiour NATO officer says im being nitpicky and to shut up.
    I once again tell my luitenant present civilan liners will not accept anything with dimensions outside of 16.5m length, 2.6m in width, 4m in height and 40 tonnes in weight.
    This is EU regulation for civilian trucking. You can not mess with this if you want to use civilian transportation.
    He tries to adress it one more time again. NATO officer again refuses to consider it. Mighty battle plan against russia is all that he wants to talk about.

You know what happened when all the flatbed trucks arrived at the Port harbor?. with the civilian liner there?.
    The loading officer of the liner told us we could forget it. That we where not going to fit on there. GIving me an earfull too we where messing with his window of departure.
    I just plain off told him he was right, that i said it too. Just dont take it out on me, just another government employee here. Cog in the machine....
    He told NATO bought one standard truck spot for each NATO flatbed truck.

With some back and forth, we could load about 26 percent of our flatbeds with tanks.
    The loadmaster and i came up with an idea to distribute them over two spots, with plenty of room for weight distribution for ship stability.
    Four spots for the really heavy flatbeds.

Told my Captain about it, and he agreed it was this. or nothing would go to scotland on time.
    We needed to meet the ferry departure time, or NATO propably could pay in retrospect for the whole ships voyage for lost profit.

So...26 percent of NATO vehicles managed to get to scotland. because of incompetent leadership in NATO command.
    Amazing, it is not even war. no time restrictions before preparations, and not even this they could get right.

And this is not an isolated incident.

kvs and Podlodka77 like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:40 am

By air assault do you mean a large-scale air raid by NATO forces? Only armchair experts think it's easy to do. Anyone who knows anything will know in reality it's not.

You should not be taking what armchair experts say seriously, I do not don't take NATO armchair experts nor Russian ones seriously because both are just guys online.

Russian AD would be a tough nut to crack for sure, it would take a lot of coordination between air and naval forces. No AD is god, it can be destroyed etc. The thing with war is the more it goes on, the longer the forces get used to it, so the more NATO actually fights against those russians AD systems, the more competent NATO would get against them, war is about experience really. In peacetime, you often get shit results like Airborne mentioned because its peacetime, people do not take it nearly as seriously. They get lazy, take shortcuts etc.

In this case for the Russians the more time they spend dealing with NATO air forces, in a real war setting, not a couple of planes at once the more adjusted they will become, the more they will adjust and grow, learn lessons to counter it more effectively.

Running any air ops into Russia would be a very very hard thing to do, Only fanboys or armchair experts think it would be a vacation.

Podlodka77 likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:32 pm

German regulator bans RT DE from broadcasting in German due to lack of license

The broadcasting of the channel live on the Internet, via the mobile and RT News apps as well as via the satellite must be discontinued, the statement reads
    https://tass.com/society/1396809

Russia to respond over German decision about RT television channel — MFA

It was repeatedly pointed out to Germany that it’s unacceptable to exert politically motivated pressure on the Russian media operator, the statement reads

https://tass.com/politics/1396863

GarryB and kvs like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:39 pm

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:53 pm

Good evidence that Germany is an occupied country with a mass media run out of Washington.

Russia should stop playing footsie with these minions. No mercy on any front.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:14 am