Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Western propaganda

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Western propaganda - Page 38 Empty Re: Western propaganda

Post  flamming_python on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:41 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Hole wrote:It seems the guy tried to set a new world record for the number of lies put into one article. Shocked

I would say so.

No mention of sources, and a lot of bold claims.

But its tabloid.  Even mention of it on wiki states its tabloid.

So its not surprising tbh.

BTW, here is Murmansk

https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/118278/

Looks better than downtown Winnipeg which is a shithole.  Or Regina entirely.

It's good they got down to repair works and painting the facades of buildings

Because the city honestly did look really shit. Huge, and shit.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:43 am

I am surprised that none of the major Russian Arctic cities collapsed during the events after 1991. It is not at all obvious that
    these cities had some sort of intrinsic economic viability since they were Soviet projects. Russia is exceptionally resilient and
    people should not whinge too much about lack of upkeep. It is only now that trickle down is reaching these cities due to the
    rebound in the center and real economic development. Expect Murmansk to be all shiny and new if the NSR takes off.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:44 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    Hole wrote:It seems the guy tried to set a new world record for the number of lies put into one article. Shocked

I would say so.

No mention of sources, and a lot of bold claims.

But its tabloid.  Even mention of it on wiki states its tabloid.

So its not surprising tbh.

BTW, here is Murmansk

https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/118278/

Looks better than downtown Winnipeg which is a shithole.  Or Regina entirely.

Thanks for the context. Such information is gold and wipes out all the BS propaganda narratives. The Canadian hinterland and
    several of its provinces ain't so rich. But the average fake stream consumer sap in Russia and elsewhere thinks that every street
    in Canada is paved with gold and dollars are blowing around in the wind.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:37 pm

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/06/24/new-york-times-media-us-government-approval/

So much for the independent western media myth. It is worse than actual state run media. State run media has to be sensitive
    to political conditions as are its government bosses. The NYT serves the interests of the corporate and deep state elites.

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:19 am

"im just a kid" , apparently it is a convenient excuse for a full grown 25 years old adult when he gets into trouble for breaking laws, notice how the piece of crap BBC propaganda is trying hard to push their narrative that the clown is in trouble because of a joke involving Putin, but mentioned very little about his jokes about Christianity which is considered a legal offence in Russia.

A Russian comedian who made jokes about President Vladimir Putin and Christianity says he has fled the country over fears for his safety.

Aleksandr Dolgopolov, 25, said he became concerned after learning that police were investigating footage from his stand-up performances.

Authorities said they had received a complaint that Dolgopolov had been "insulting the feelings of believers".

The interior ministry in Moscow confirmed police were investigating.

"Police officers are conducting an audit, the results of which will be decided in accordance with the law," the ministry said in a statement on Wednesday.

On Thursday, Dolgopolov posted a photo on Instagram along with the caption: "We arrived! We are safe, bye. Thanks for the support!"

As part of a stand-up performance at a small bar in St Petersburg last February, Dolgopolov made a joke about Mr Putin and his supporters.

"Our population has split into two camps," he said, adding: "On one hand there are those who support Putin; on the other, there are those who can read, write, and reach logical conclusions."

In footage of that performance, which was uploaded to YouTube, he also joked about Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary.

Under President Putin, Russia has implemented strict anti-blasphemy laws to protect religious beliefs and the Russian Orthodox Church.

Dolgopolov later shared an image on social of what he said was a formal letter sent from Russia's interior ministry to the HopHead bar in St Petersburg, asking event organisers to confirm his February performance.

He told Russian broadcaster Current Time that he was recently forced to cancel a performance in Moscow moments before taking to the stage after learning that someone had entered the venue and was questioning members of staff about him.

"I didn't plan to be persecuted simply for joking," he said.

'I'm just a kid'
    Speaking to the BBC's Sarah Rainsford in Moscow, Dolgopolov said he feared being jailed over his material.

"I'm just a kid, I tell jokes, read comic books and play video games... how can it be that I'll be in jail!? It's totally insane and I'm scared to death," he said.

"I can't share where I am right now because I'm afraid it can make things worse for me in some way. I will come back only if there will be a guarantee that I won't be imprisoned because of my beliefs.

"I totally didn't see this coming, because it's told by the government that we in Russia have freedom of speech," he added. "I just want to do the only thing I can, and that's to make people laugh."

The comedian's lawyer, Leonid Solovyov, confirmed that his client had left the country, but did not give further details.

It seems the west has found another useful vermin to add to their collection of 5th columnist agitators. This guy needs to be slaughtered like a pig.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:44 am

No need, he has nullified himself by running off to the west.

BTW, Putin needs to change the constitution of Russia to enable the revocation of Russian citizenship from anyone. So this
    clown can stay in his precious west and clean toilets or die under some bridge as a homeless bum.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:27 am

The second part of this video deals with some whiny Japanese article about Russia's commercial success in the nuclear field.
    The usual collection of lies and spin mixed in with some truth:

1) Supposedly Rosatom "took advantage" (oh, my) of Westinghouse's bankruptcy to expand its market share in nuclear reactors.
    This is a pure lie.  Rosatom had 66% of the global market years before Westinghouse bankrupted.   Russia and the USSR have
    always had a "low" (i.e. reasonable price) while western companies such as Westinghouse engage in price gouging.   Look
    at every freaking project in the west for nuclear reactor construction.   All of them exceed $7 billion US and routinely blow up
    to $14 billion or higher.   Russia does not have such corruption and completes its reactor construction projects within reasonable
    tolerance in time and price.   The whiny Jap hit piece proceeds to claim that Russia is "subsidizing" its nuclear reactor exports.
    And the Moon is made out of green cheese.   Russia only sells its reactors to make money, the days of Soviet charity to
    assorted 3rd world countries are over.   Japan needs to stop sucking Washington's smelly cock and buy a clue about rational
    pricing of mega projects.

2) The Lomonosov floating power plant is smeared up and down like there is no tomorrow.  They actually call it a floating Chernobyl.
    Yeah, when hate-filled retards write imbecilic screeds, facts make them look like clowns.   Suppose there was a melt-down in this
    power plant.  Then, the core would sink into the sea and freeze solid since there would be an endless supply of cooling water.
    Much like lava does not boil off the ocean.  In fact, the escape of corium from the Lomonosov would be very limited much like
    the "pillow lava" formation.   There would be some dissolution but nowhere near as bad as the Fukushima case where they
    basically dumped all the radiation into the ocean by using salt water to cool the melted reactor cores and flush the outflow back
    into the ocean.   Millions of tons of water were and still are being circulated in this fashion (hence all the yapping about storing
    this water are utter BS).   So dissolved corium is being dumped into the Pacific.  

For bitches whinging about Chernobyl, the Japs take the hypocrisy cake.   Fukushima is actually worse than Chernobyl since
    all four reactors experienced core meltdowns and not just one.   The prime difference is that Chernobyl was a graphite reactor
    and burned for weeks releasing a lot of corium into the air (most of it fell out in the exclusion zone, but the finer aerosol drifted
    over Belarus and part over Europe).   Japan was fortunate to be able to dump the corium into the Pacific Ocean.  

They also go on about terrorists attacking this plant.   Yeah, by that train of thought, all reactors are exposed.   As if Russia
    has no concept of security and has no under-water monitors to make sure some terrorist "Seal" team doesn't plant explosives
    on the hull.  

3) Boiler plate claims (totally unsubstantiated) that Russia is covering up information about its nuclear industry and putting people's
    lives at risk.   Seriously, I can't take any such drivel seriously.   You can smear anyone with such lies.    The onus is on the accused
    to "prove their innocence" instead of the accuser to show a shred of evidence.   Of course they use the accident during the military
    testing of new reactors last year as their "evidence".   Since when have military activities been mixed with civilian ones.   And since
    when are military R&D projects supposed to be transparent to the global public.    This Jap hit piece is smearing Rosatom with military
    accidents.  

Of course, Russia is also engaging in control of foreign countries by selling them nuclear reactors.   Because when France and the USA
    sell reactors they are only doing God's holy charitable work.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:05 pm

Yet more bloody hypocrisy from the self-anointed guiding lights of humanity called the west.

They are bitching at Russia for daring to burn some of the garbage that it produces. Greenpeace Russia, as to be
    expected, is a fifth column mouthpiece to launder the slander. These hate propagandists totally ignore that
    Russia actually processes its own plastic waste and imports it from Turkey, Germany, Japan and others for processing.
    Compared to Canada, USA and most of the EU, Russia is a saint in terms of waste management. Unlike these
    sick hypocrites, it does not dump its plastic waste in the Philippines and the Pacific Ocean.

Note the pseudo-science drivel spewed by western fucks, they claim that burning garbage is a big source of
    CO2. This is highly misleading since burning paper contributes precisely zero net CO2 to the atmosphere
    since paper is made from wood which is made from atmospheric CO2 by plants. Russia is clearly not burning
    the plastic which is made from fossil fuels.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:49 am

The reality of life in the EU member Latvia. A social-Darwinian toilet where you have to pay taxes even if you are unemployed.
    That's right, we have the case of one man who paid over $9000 euro into a particular health tax and has not gotten one red cent
    of it back in health services. Health care in Latvia is semi-private in terms of endless fees for everything. So people pay taxes
    and fees totally out of the scope of sanity.

So if you don't pay your "health tax" when you are unemployed then the state converts it in an automatic debt accumulation which
    eventually leads to the confiscation of any property the unemployed person has. At the same time this "debt" is used to deny
    access to health services.

NATzO can take its phony "freedom" and shove it where the sun don't shine.

BTW, may western Ukrainian family enables me to know that before WWII, the Polish occupants of western Ukraine (and Belorus)
    (after their 1920 land grab) would impose all sorts of discriminatory taxes on Ukrainians that would not be imposed on Polaks.
    This included nonsense such a special dog tax or whatever the Polish tax commissar faked up to his fancy. Funny how
    Banderastanis love to suck Polish cock today. They always forget the history of the treatment of Ukrainians at the hands of
    the Poles. This included the Polish favourite of impaling Ukrainians on sharpened poles.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:07 am

Boston Dynamics is engaged in Moon landing style hoaxes. Their so called robot that is jumping up a series of boxes is a video
    fraud. There is no point in programming a robot to imitate human motor neuron reflexes since it is using other balancing approaches.
    Note that no robot is a muscle-equivalent of a human. It does not have the same limb joints either so it cannot be using human
    style balancing through the swaying of arms and torso.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:50 am

The website "Russia Insider" is a western Nazi troll outfit. It started off posing as some pro-Russian alt-news source
    but has consistently drifted into Nazi apologia including this crap:

https://russia-insider.com/en/shocking-disrepair-east-prussias-historic-buildings-and-people-trying-save-them-koenigsberg/ri28252

The above article is a lie.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:57 pm

The yanquis are whinging that Russia is "pursuing its satellites".   Hilarious butthurt from the self-anointed
    exceptionalists.  Until a yanqui satellite is actually attacked, the yanquis have no legal case to bitch and
    whine.   They are acting as if they own the LEO orbits of Earth and Russians are "trespassing".  Sod off
    you sore losers.   You are just bitter that Russia is developing leading edge space technology.   The kind
    that your shysters like Elon Musk can't.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:25 pm

Canadian "freedom". bounce

BTW, the political orientation of the victim of this government harassment is not relevant and I don't subscribe to it.
    We see why the western MSM is full time spewing hate at Russia. That is to divert attention from the 3rd world
    "freedom" in the west.

I am sure some NATzO drone will chime in and claim that they are not oppressed. That is because you are a good
    little drone who does not rock the boat. So don't bitch about the "oppression" of Navalny and other 5th column
    agitators in Russia. If you behaved like them, you would be crushed under the heel of your "freedom-loving" regimes.

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt on Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:50 am

Ah yes it seems NATO has found yet another useful idiot that is worthy of praise for being DEFIANT against Russian authorities. I wonder if she will get the same praise for her "Courageous" and "Heroic" act if she tried to escape quarantine in a NATO occupied country Rolling Eyes

Russia coronavirus: Woman who fled hospital defies police

A Russian woman who was put into a coronavirus quarantine but escaped is resisting attempts by officials to bring her back to hospital by force.

Alla Ilyina, 32, is currently in her flat in the city of St Petersburg, refusing to open the door to police.

Ms Ilyina, who returned from China last month, says she tested negative for the virus on 6 February but was told to remain quarantined for two weeks.

Frustrated, she disabled an electronic lock at the hospital and fled.

On her Instagram account, Ms Ilyina, a university graduate with a diploma in physics, says she had a sore throat soon after returning to Russia from China's holiday island of Hainan on 30 January.

On 6 February, she decided to call an ambulance and was put in the Botkin clinical infectious disease hospital in Russia's second-largest city.

Tests showed she had no virus, but the following day, as a precaution, she was ordered to stay in hospital for two weeks, believed to be the maximum incubation period of the Covid-19 virus.

"All three tests showed I was completely healthy, so why the hell the quarantine?" Ms Ilyina wrote.

Later that day, she says, she short-circuited the electronic lock and fled the hospital. She even drew a map of the building to plan her escape route.

Ms Ilyina says the city authorities took no action for almost a week.

But now they are seeking a court order to forcefully bring her back to hospital to stay quarantined until at least 19 February.

The coronavirus outbreak has so far killed more than 1,350 people in China and has spread to more than 20 countries, including Russia, which has reported two cases. Both are Chinese nationals, and one of them has since recovered and left hospital.

Russian authorities have airlifted from China at least 144 Russian nationals. They are now in a two-week quarantine in a fenced-off facility in Siberia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51488861
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:37 am

Shoot on sight. If this scumbag causes one death by spreading the disease, then she is guilty of first degree murder.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:55 am

"All three tests showed I was completely healthy, so why the hell the quarantine?" Ms Ilyina wrote.

Fucken selfish bitch... if you were completely healthy then why the fuck did you go to the hospital in the first place.

Equally what if you are carrying the virus but are not effected by it... are you prepared to kill your family and neighbours because you feel OK you selfish bitch.

The incubation period is 14 days so she might appear fine now but on day 13 she might die from it....

That is the point of a quarantine period... if you have it then it will show up in 14 days... the whole purpose of quarantine is to prevent the spread of the disease... by fleeing the hospital you endanger your entire community you selfish bitch.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:33 am

Better idea is quarantine her at home. If she refuses to open the door, cordon her off in her own home.

She is a stupid bitch.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Western propaganda - Page 38 Empty Russia coronavirus: Woman who fled hospital defies police

Post  GarryB on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:37 am

And all her neighbours as a precaution... I am sure that will make her super popular with them...
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:53 pm

Hilarious. Western wunderwaffen is being seriously impacted by Russian EW in Syria and the response from western
    "analysts" is that this is some side effect of Russian equipment that would also affect Russian jets. Yeah, those
    stupid Russians didn't think to profile the EM emissions of their EW systems. bounce
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:28 am

This is what you get with all the brainwashing about the innate superiority of the west over all the mud hut dwellers "over there".
    The example of the US service men hiding in a bunker during the Iranian retaliation for the assassination of Soleimani shows
    their pathetic mental state. Some were joking, others were quiet and some were crying. PTSD all around. These are
    not the caliber of humans that fought back the Nazis on the eastern front. And compared to the precious NATzO west,
    Russians have not degraded by this degree since 1945.

Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:52 pm

kvs wrote:The website "Russia Insider" is a western Nazi troll outfit.   It started off posing as some pro-Russian alt-news source
    but has consistently drifted into Nazi apologia including this crap:

https://russia-insider.com/en/shocking-disrepair-east-prussias-historic-buildings-and-people-trying-save-them-koenigsberg/ri28252

The above article is a lie.

Your german hate reaches critical levels bro
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:52 am

There is no German or French or UK... there is only American... Americans make the decisions and the europeans say what they are told to say and think what they are told to think... why consider talking to the puppet when the ventriloquist is right there...
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt on Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:52 am

NATOstani PlGS wouldn't stop squealing in their efforts to destroy Russia's reputation to its partners. I am confident that peoples of Russia, China, India, Iran and the rest of the world that is not under NATOstani influence are smart enough to resist NATOstani efforts to create friction in their bilateral ties for NATO to exploit.

Critics Say Negative References To Russia Omitted From Iranian Textbooks

Deputy head of the Islamic Republic's Organization for Educational Research and Planning (OERP) has denied that school text-books have been changed in the country to "curry favor with Moscow and exonerate it from the historical crimes the Russian Empire committed in Iran."

Speaking at an academic session on Sunday, February 16, Hassan Maleki insisted that a series of references to Russia in Iranian school-books were merely omitted to "decrease the volume" of the textbooks.

Furthermore, he dismissed the critics of the "omissions", describing them as suffering from pessimism and psychological problems.

Earlier, in a series of tweets, an expert in educational affairs, Adel Barkam, had disclosed that some of the topics related to Russia's historical crimes against Iran had been omitted from the second volume of the Persian textbook for the eleventh grade.

In the tweets published on February 2, Barkam circulated images of the book's pages and noted that not only some of the paragraphs related to Russia had been dropped, but some others had also been edited.

In the new version of the textbook, Barkam argued, the word "Russians" has replaced the term "Russian Army."

As another example, Barkam highlighted a paragraph in the older textbook that says, "Soon, the flag of Russians was raised over the soil soaked with the blood of innocent people."

The sentence in the new edition of the book was changed to, "Soon, the Russian Army conquered the region."

The obvious changes, all in favor of Russia have triggered a barrage of criticism in recent days in Iran.

The Islamic Republic officials have repeatedly tried to play down the changes, dismissing them as "minor amendments."

Ali Zou-Elm, the Director of the Iranian Organization for Educational Research and Planning, insisted on February 4, "Our fundamental view, about what has happened in history, is that Tsarist Russia's crimes could not be omitted (from the text-books). We also do not deny that the Eastern Bloc's style of interaction was hegemonic under the Soviet Union. We'll never omit them (from the text-books)."

Disregarding the obvious changes presented by the critics, the mid-ranking cleric has to friendly relations with Russia, maintaining, "The fact that the Russian Federation is currently working and interacting with Iran does not mean that a period of history could be ignored. We disapprove of manipulation of history."

Nevertheless, it is crystal clear that the Islamic Republic has started implementing a comprehensive plan to restructure its approach towards the educational text-books, critics say.

Late last January it was announced that the Islamic Republic was set to add "America's Crimes and Conspiracies" as a new topic to the curriculum of local schools and universities, according to a decision by parliament.

The new topic will be taught at universities from the next Iranian academic year, September 23, 2020, the General Manager of Higher Education Planning Department at the Islamic Republic Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT) announced on January 23.

Meanwhile, according to critics, many classic Persian masterpieces have been replaced by propaganda pieces in favor of the clergy-dominated establishment in Iran.

RADIO FREE BULLSHIT

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:41 am

In the other thread I posted a link to a mass famine which claimed the lives of 8-10 million Iranians early last century:

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/2197/8-10-million-Iranians-died-over-Great-Famine-caused-by-the-British

The British were also responsible for famines in India that killed over 30 million people:

http://www.public.asu.edu/~koptiuch/ASB311_web/HeartofSmugness.html

Notice a pattern...

Now I want to see how big the crimes of the Russian Empire were in Iran, India and elsewhere. These "critics"
    are western and western-sponsored revisionists who want the world to forget about the planet-class crimes
    of the self-anointed do-gooders.

Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:11 am

GarryB wrote:There is no German or French or UK... there is only American... Americans make the decisions and the europeans say what they are told to say and think what they are told to think... why consider talking to the puppet when the ventriloquist is right there...

Amazing, so american decided that Germany buys russian gas, lr that France supports Haftar. Looks like USA lost control? Tell me Gary? When do you follow political realities? 50 years later?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:48 pm