Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+77
jhelb
Odin of Ossetia
thegopnik
SeigSoloyvov
Aristide
GarryB
nero
PhSt
Hole
Kimppis
kvs
Isos
havok
Tingsay
Teshub
starman
Nibiru
nomadski
Sprut-B
ATLASCUB
miketheterrible
Project Canada
TheArmenian
Sinan
GunshipDemocracy
Austin
calm
George1
medo
Svyatoslavich
arpakola
Khepesh
par far
KoTeMoRe
JohninMK
KiloGolf
sepheronx
andalusia
Bidoul
berhoum
AlfaT8
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
higurashihougi
artjomh
Dforce
ExBeobachter1987
Fred333
eehnie
Prince Darling
PapaDragon
Cowboy's daughter
Maximmmm
whir
Walther von Oldenburg
wilhelm
Godric
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
franco
NationalRus
OnionCossack
alexZam
vlad4eva
max steel
OminousSpudd
Cyberspec
Mike E
AbsoluteZero
Vann7
Kyo
Hannibal Barca
collegeboy16
Regular
Zivo
KomissarBojanchev
nemrod
81 posters

Western propaganda

kvs
    kvs

Western propaganda - Page 33 Empty Re: Western propaganda

Post  kvs Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:24 pm

Regular wrote:Kvs, why you want police to touch pile of shit? It's all good now. General public doesn't bat an eye for these protesters and police have no trouble to use all means necessary to control them by arrests and fines. It's not Ukraine, no need to crack any skulls.

I want them to clear the major streets to allow the free flow of traffic.   Navalny's lemmings are engaged in vandalism.   Why should they have special
    rights?   If the police leave them alone, then these vandals will just ratchet up the provocations.   In a little while they will start to torch buildings and
    more egregious acts.    I guess the cops could wait until this happens, but the NATO MSM will just claim that it is Putin trying to smear the "legitimate
    opposition".   That is, the optics are never going to be bad for these 5th column maggots.   But the optics will always be bad for Russian "regime" police.
    So the proper policy is to crack skulls and dish out pain to the vandals.   Their NATO patrons can screech and howl with phony indignation all they
    want.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:16 am

kvs wrote:
    Regular wrote:Kvs, why you want police to touch pile of shit? It's all good now. General public doesn't bat an eye for these protesters and police have no trouble to use all means necessary to control them by arrests and fines. It's not Ukraine, no need to crack any skulls.

I want them to clear the major streets to allow the free flow of traffic.   Navalny's lemmings are engaged in vandalism.   Why should they have special
    rights?   If the police leave them alone, then these vandals will just ratchet up the provocations.   In a little while they will start to torch buildings and
    more egregious acts.    I guess the cops could wait until this happens, but the NATO MSM will just claim that it is Putin trying to smear the "legitimate
    opposition".   That is, the optics are never going to be bad for these 5th column maggots.   But the optics will always be bad for Russian "regime" police.
    So the proper policy is to crack skulls and dish out pain to the vandals.   Their NATO patrons can screech and howl with phony indignation all they
    want.

You have to admit it, they are not maidanuts. They can be spared from bullet. Apart from provocative behavarious they don't threaten status quo and literally don't offer anything apart from throwing hissy fit.

Russian police cleared the streets without cracking skulls, injuring, shooting people with rubber bullets.
    They released non violent ones and kept the troublemakers.

The thing is that most of the young protesters grow out of this shit, this why you only see idealistic kids with 0 experience in life who buy Navalnys shit. I suspect that opposition will be silent for long time after this.

What I would rather see- implementation of higher fines for any unsanctioned protests to compensate disruptions. Hell, even raising fines to absurd levels would help as Western NGOs and handlers would be contributing to Russian economy and paying policemen wages.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:58 am

I agree with Regular that Russian authorities need not and should not use extreme methods such as "cracking skull" or similar things.

I don't think Russian protesters fall to the point of unredeemable and I don't think protests in Russia reach the level of Maidan.

The point here is eliminating the sources feeding these protests. Western propaganda, foreign funds, the masterminds inside and outside of Russia who want to brainwash people for their benefits.

And of course, Russian authorities should clean up corruptions inside them and improve awareness of Russian people, so that Russian people become less and less susceptible to Western propaganda.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:43 pm

higurashihougi wrote:I agree with Regular that Russian authorities need not and should not use extreme methods such as "cracking skull" or similar things.

I don't think Russian protesters fall to the point of unredeemable and I don't think protests in Russia reach the level of Maidan.

The point here is eliminating the sources feeding these protests. Western propaganda, foreign funds, the masterminds inside and outside of Russia who want to brainwash people for their benefits.

And of course, Russian authorities should clean up corruptions inside them and improve awareness of Russian people, so that Russian people become less and less susceptible to Western propaganda.

Your "philosophy" is what helped the 2013/14 Madian coup in Ukraine to succeed.    A fringe lunatic rent-a-crowd is
    a legitimate target.   If Yanukovich had sent in the army to put down the 10,000 armed militants that took over the Maidan
    protest in early 2014, the coup would likely have failed.   But he chose to listen to advice like yours from the EU not to
    touch the "protestors".

Vandals who are brazenly breaking the law are not "protestors".   So all this bleeding heart moralizing is BS.

BTW, the Russian police are already treating these thugs with kid gloves. So don't worry, they are not cracking skulls.
    But I dare you to show any information space benefit from this. No matter how soft the treatment the pro-NATO vandals
    get, Russian authorities are always painted as if they are gassing children.

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:46 pm

They should treat them like the French treat their protesters: pepper spray, rubber bullets...
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:58 pm

kvs wrote:Your "philosophy" is what helped the 2013/14 Madian coup in Ukraine to succeed.    A fringe lunatic rent-a-crowd is
    a legitimate target.   If Yanukovich had sent in the army to put down the 10,000 armed militants that took over the Maidan
    protest in early 2014, the coup would likely have failed.   But he chose to listen to advice like yours from the EU not to
    touch the "protestors".

Vandals who are brazenly breaking the law are not "protestors".   So all this bleeding heart moralizing is BS.

BTW, the Russian police are already treating these thugs with kid gloves.  So don't worry, they are not cracking skulls.
    But I dare you to show any information space benefit from this.    No matter how soft the treatment the pro-NATO vandals

I did not say that Russian authorities should do nothing. But the harshest methods are reserved for the unredeemable, the ringleaders, the ones who owed too much blood debt to be spared. And also the masterminds inside and outside of Russia who funded all these mess. Others can be dealt with a softer manner. Soft treatment used in suitable places and times is a mean to divide and fragment the enemy forces.

Being ignorant is a sin but that does not means capital punishment or skull cracking.

In my country there were even harder times, especially in border regions where we had to deal with armed bandits, I say armed bandits, not unorganized mobs. But both soft and hard methods were utilized in tandem, because among the followers of the enemy, many of them were just being fooled, being ignorant, and were redeemable. We did not just simply "cracking skulls" in these cases. We fought the bandits with guns and bayonets but we also managed to use "soft" methods in many cases, and many of the bandit followers voluntarily laid down arms, some of them even supported the authorities against their former masters.

I don't care about what NATO said. What I said is at the end of the day this is the struggle to take the people, not to kill the people. Just like the game of Othello.

So that is the reason why in the previous post I said rise the awareness of the public, a knowledgeable public is less susceptible to Western propaganda because they know enough to see that NATO MSM are liars. Also Russian government must deal with the internal enemies, the corrupted individuals. The corrupted officers will betrayed Russia just like the ones who betrayed the USSR in 198x.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:01 pm

kvs wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:I agree with Regular that Russian authorities need not and should not use extreme methods such as "cracking skull" or similar things.

Your "philosophy" is what helped the 2013/14 Madian coup in Ukraine to succeed.    A fringe lunatic rent-a-crowd is
    touch the "protestors".

BTW, the Russian police are already treating these thugs with kid gloves.  So don't worry, they are not cracking skulls.
    But I dare you to show any information space benefit from this.    No matter how soft the treatment the pro-NATO vandals

You are drawing comparison to sick nation that had Orange revolution and Maidan to Russians. Ukrainians had change of heart more than twice. They also have too much time on their hands too.
    Do you know how busy are Russians in Moscow or Piter - only total economic collapse would take workaholics out to streets. But then I am pretty sure you would support them as they would have genuine reason to be there.

Russians are more like Baltic people with their statism.
    All russian protest are non violent and more tolerant.
    Say whatever about Navalny gang, they are 100x better than Azov and various bandera fanatics. Check the pictures- Do you think these 60 kg manlet faggots and violet haired femoids can shake foundations of Russia?

There are no large neo-nazi gangs and the ones that exist have nothing to do with meddling in politics and more with larping. There are no prominent separatist movements. There are no loose cannons. There are almost no foreign influence. There are less corruption and rule of law still exists.

Hence why no one in Russia cares about Russian opposition and their antics and this is why police is very soft on them as they have harsh measures if needed. Opposition also knows that they can't go overboard as well as russian public will stop tolerating it. Now opposition members get paid by western NGOs and the money spent on them goes into abyss.

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:05 pm

Regular wrote:Say whatever about Navalny gang, they are 100x better than Azov and various bandera fanatics. Check the pictures-  Do you think these 60 kg manlet faggots and violet haired femoids can shake foundations of Russia?

Yup and they'll keep attracting more weirdos.
    Do they really think that after the disaster of their policies in the 90s, that they can ever attract the average working man or woman, and with the same tired old slogans and rhetoric?

The only protest movement in Russia worth going to is an all-people movement that can tackle the multiple regressions in our system and society, and promise the right solutions for them.
    It should not call for revolution either; simply for progress.
    To be frank, such a movement just does not exist.

I spend a lot of time defending Russia. But the caveat is against who. I'm not defending it from its own people, and would never do that. I'm defending it in the sense of anti-imperialism, and Moscow's middle class hipsters that have decided that they don't have enough priveleges in society - but at the same time fail to propose anything original whatsoever; beyond service to American/European capital and war-aims as Poland, the Ukraine and Yeltsin's Russia had subordinated themselves to.
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:33 am

kvs wrote:The credulity of NATO saps is something to behold.   Consider the photo above purporting to show Moon buggy tracks.  Note anything
    peculiar about this "proof"?  That's right, the inconsistent resolution.  The only features that show details less than a foot in
    size are the alleged Moon buggy tracks and associated debris.  The rest of the field of view is obviously much coarser resolution.
    This photo is doctored BS.  BTW, photos are no longer considered hard evidence in courts exactly due to such abuses.  The video
    "evidence" of the Moon buggy rides, which is supposed to be more solid, is obviously fake as well since it violates the behaviour
    of dust and vehicle motion in a 1/6 Earth's gravity environment.   The Moon Buggy never jumps higher than 6 inches.  It should have
    routinely bounced higher than 1 foot (2 inches on Earth).  A 4 inch hop on Earth is a 2 foot hop on the Moon.

Note the roughness of the Moon's surface in the Moon buggy video.  In particular the spatial scale and compare to the doctored
    photo trotted out by the racist troll from "France".  If the photo had a 6 inch resolution you would see these bumps.  There is
    no wind on the Moon to smooth out meteor impact debris.  There are all sorts of sharp gradients of dust deposition from the tens
    of thousands of meteor impacts of various sizes.   This includes rocks that are 1 foot and 2 feet in diameter scattered all over
    the place.  Yet you see no such details in the background, you see only the alleged disturbance by the US astronauts.  

BTW, to all the experts here: since when are we able to make photographs through the atmosphere with resolutions of 12 inches
    and better?  If we can photograph the Moon's surface with such detail, then we should have spy satellites produce images
    with such resolution as well.   If you are going to invoke the telescope argument and how we observe distant objects.  None
    of that involves high resolution surface imaging.  Most astrophysics is about measuring emission spectra.  In case of
    adaptive optics, the resolution effect would be uniform across the image and not just in the desired parts.  

This is a good article: https://donaldjeffries.wordpress.com/2019/07/18/the-greatest-hoax-of-all/
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:36 pm

So the new anti-Russian ploy by NATO is radiation leaks. Supposedly there was a leak of radioactive Ruthenium last fall from Russia.
    Now we have the BS about "radiation spike" from a rocket engine test explosion. The purpose of the hysteria, based on the
    decades long conditioning of western sheeple to fear all things nuclear, is to rile western lemmings into anti-Russian fervour. This
    is pure war propaganda.

The Ruthenium leak smells since it is not associated with anything. It is more than likely that it was staged by NATO itself by
    dispatching an infiltrator to release some isotope and then have the west make a stink about it. As with Polonium and Litvinenko
    we have the same fetish for exotics. Releasing some mundane isotope would open all sorts of questions about its source.
    Using something more unique allows for a "clearer" attribution of "guilt".

As for the rocket engine explosion "radiation spike", that is an example of lying by omission. The clowns posting information about
    some radiation spike do not even stop to consider its very low magnitude and are likely engaged in a misinformation campaign.
    I can set a Geiger counter to its lowest range and walk around town and pick up spikes of radiation too. Without context some
    "spike" on a Geiger counter means precisely f*ck all.

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:05 pm

kvs wrote:So the new anti-Russian ploy by NATO is radiation leaks.   Supposedly there was a leak of radioactive Ruthenium last fall from Russia.
    Now we have the BS about "radiation spike" from a rocket engine test explosion.    The purpose of the hysteria, based on the
    decades long conditioning of western sheeple to fear all things nuclear, is to rile western lemmings into anti-Russian fervour.  This
    is pure war propaganda.  

The Ruthenium leak smells since it is not associated with anything.   It is more than likely that it was staged by NATO itself by
    dispatching an infiltrator to release some isotope and then have the west make a stink about it.    As with Polonium and Litvinenko
    we have the same fetish for exotics.   Releasing some mundane isotope would open all sorts of questions about its source.  
    Using something more unique allows for a "clearer" attribution of "guilt".

As for the rocket engine explosion "radiation spike", that is an example of lying by omission.   The clowns posting information about
    some radiation spike do not even stop to consider its very low magnitude and are likely engaged in a misinformation campaign.
    I can set a Geiger counter to its lowest range and walk around town and pick up spikes of radiation too.   Without context some
    "spike" on a Geiger counter means precisely f*ck all.

Well no if 5 Rosatom employees died (Russia's state nuclear corporation) and there was a radiation spike reported by the Russian authorities themselves; then they must have been testing something nuclear.

Russian authorities have indicated that it was a liquid-fueled anti-ship missile currently in service.

We know of the recently announced plans to increase the speed of the Onyx anti-ship missiles to near hypersonic.

So it looks like they were trying to do that with some kind of nuclear thermal source ramjet/scramjet propulsion system. Which gives a clue as to the technology used for the Zirkon as well.

I've posted this vid before. In Russian only unfortunately:

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:48 pm

https://www.rt.com/usa/466241-epstein-suicide-blame-russia/

When an American gets diarrhea it must be Russia's fault...

NATO is populated by genuine imbeciles.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:50 pm

So the warmonger and blow hard John Bolton has accused Russia of stealing US rocket tech. LOL.

This is an example of the perp accusing the victim of the crime. The US is badly behind across a whole range of rocket
    systems from hypersonics to nuclear propelled cruise missiles. Compare the Patriot systems to the S-400. Now that the US
    is scrambling to even have a supersonic anti-ship missile it starts accusing Russia of stealing. Stealing what? Obsolete
    US junk? As with the Shkval, it is the USA that is trying to steal Russian rocket tech.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:21 pm

Americans really are imbeciles and inadequates. They are a day late and a dollar short to the hypersonic missile party and accuse
    others of stealing. Was this like pre-theft? Bolton and the rest of the self-anointed exceptional ones have no credibility. America
    has not even tried to deploy similar systems and is only now tendering for their development. Did Russia steal the tenders?

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Walrus John Bolton should lay off the sea cucumbers.

Western propaganda - Page 33 Bolton-Walrus
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:56 am

Hey... that is not fair... to Walruses...
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:27 pm

So when Russia deploy its police to quell rallies its an infringement of people's right to peaceful gathering, but when America does it its okay? Russia should adopt tough American laws when it comes to unsanctioned rallies that cause "Civil Disturbance"

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:38 pm

It´s because the russian police supresses the people while the murican police is defending democracy. lol!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:17 am

Next big rally in the US, I would love to dress up in a Putin suit and hand out chocolate chip cookies... fresh baked... make them really tasty...

I still think as the US election gets closer that Putin should have a special meeting with the western media and evaluate... I mean seriously and honestly, all of the American candidates... it would be such a hoot.

First of all to get an honest independent view on US politicians on its own would be valuable, but to hear them squeal about Putins support or not having Putins support it would be hilarious... it would rise to fever pitch in the US because anyone Putin likes will try to distance themselves from his support and anyone he paints as a bad person will take that as an endorsement and a positive... but then the real fun will begin... the mindgames... candidate B will say vote for me because Putin endorses the opposition... he is an evil America hater and wants American to fail and America will fail if you vote for my opponent and not me.

Candidate A will say Putin said I was a good guy/girl, which just goes to show he is a good judge of character, or to follow the anti Russia hysteria... it is all a mind game... he is endorsing me because I scare him and he is afraid I will get to be president and defeat him because I am so smart and he is not, so he is endorsing me because he hopes that will stop you voting for me...

And of course around and around it will go... it will be even more of a circus than normal... but if anyone complains that Putin is directly interfering in a US election just play the tape of every Russian election and every US and EU politician giving their two cents as to whom the Russians should vote for.... wont shut them up of course, it never does, but they might remember all those EU and NATO officials endorsing Hillary and writing off Trump as a loser... which is why he was so nice to all of them when he went over after winning the election...
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:25 am

https://www.newsweek.com/illinois-lgbt-public-school-1454918

What the west is doing

What Russians are doing

In all honesty if everyone puts a lot of deep thought into this liberals are basically useful idiots that are making the Russians more powerful in the future. Teach the youth unnecessary useless things, turn the general population into idiots, a population full of idiots will hamper scientific innovation to technology. Also fuck the working class citizens with taxes for useless shit like green energy which costs billions of dollars and don't give the same energy output as a nuclear powerplant and nuclear powerplants are actually as clean as green energy resources.

Hell bent on decrease spending in nuclear weapons. If S-500s can intercepts 10s of ICBMs simultaneously as a stand alone system without any ground radars, and the A-235 for example lets say can intercept 100 ICBM targets simultaneously to the point that Russians will eventually be able to intercept 1000s of nukes away from their country in the future. And since your superpower is full of idiots they do not have the critical thinking needed to come up with weapons that would make it harder for air defenses to intercept so more power to you again. Your country than has the technological superiority of not feeling threatened if getting nuked while the country threatening you with nukes is also too stupid to deal with your nuclear weapons.

Takeaway guns,give power to low iq races(don't get me wrong their are geniuses some who are my mentors just referring to the general population statistics) and teach them to hate whites, basically decreasing the military technological prowess of your country even further at a rapid rate. To the point that Russian conscripts would have the capability to set foot on your land since your nukes cant touch their country. if you are a sexy Latina or whatever I would run away as fast as possible or find good hiding spots because just like Germany in ww2 and the soviet-Afghanistan war they might turn the US into a brothel.

It is very possible despite countries saying they have 1000s of nukes to be conquered if they fall behind in technology. Republicans are more of an obstacle to Russia's global dominance strategy if they ever had one.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:42 am

It is popular to link cultural Trotskyism to the USSR. That is why the term cultural Marxism is use. But Marx was all about workers
    and it is the disillusioned world commies who dropped Marx to pursue a species of Trotskyism to undermine the west. Their success
    has been breathtaking. They managed to push "leftism" during the reactionary 1940s and 1950s and directly led to the flower power
    hippy outburst of the late 1960s. For some strange reason, McCarthy failed to round up the real spies. But that reason is that the
    cultural Trotskyists were not card carrying members of the US communist party or had any particular affiliation with the Soviet Union.

The current spasm of reactionary PC culture is something that would make 1930s Soviets cringe. Soviet communism invoked brotherhood
    of the peoples and even women's rights but it did not push some bizarre poly-gender and infinite number of victim groups fragmentation
    of society. The USSR was never into LGBTQXYZ12345%$@()#.

Russia today is not communist or even western socialist. It is not a fascist tyranny either. People in the west need to worry about the
    SJW brown shirts who are beating dissidents and other free thinkers into submission. That is, worry about your own transition to
    PC totalitarianism (notably backed by the corporate sector that was supposedly right wing) before project all sorts of paranoid BS
    illusions on Russia. Russia is still a bastion of sanity. But even there the PC maggots are eating away, pushing precious "western
    values" onto Russian "barbarians".

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:32 pm

It's the elites. They'll whore themselves for a nickle. Lets be real. Hec, some of the traitorous Russian elites whore themselves for a nickle. The elites of these countries will whore themselves to Russia if in some distant future Russia regains some of its past greatness (becoming super rich and dominant) and there isn't a Western suitor to replace it, or be an alternative - like the current E.U/U.S partnership is. It's not personal. Russia is simply not as attractive as the other models - for now.

In such hypothetical they would be dancing "brotherhood" songs all night and day and "nobody" will remember the bad times...

$$$

The elites love their current lot with the Western clique. And they certainly don't want Russia, a revisionist power (as it should) upsetting the current order that so richly benefits them. So they'll fight Russia where they can. Barking is small potatoes.

What's the current alternative? Being the next Belarus, Armenia or Kazakhstan? They'll pass that any day. That's not to mention the fate of Yugoslavia, Ukraine and Georgia... a lot of ugly there. But if it ever becomes extremely beautiful to be in the Russian club again, have no doubt some will hop.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:48 am

Russia is simply not as attractive as the other models - for now.

Keep telling yourself that.

Western morals seem wonderful, until you realise they are for you not them, and that they really don't apply their own morals on their own actions, but only when judging your actions.

Russia and China are not perfect, but they seem less invasive.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:18 am

Russia In Syria - Military 'Failure' Sets Off Intense Diplomacy
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:49 pm

The Magnitskiy Myth Exploded

The conscientious judges of the European Court of Human Rights published a judgement a fortnight ago which utterly exploded the version of events promulgated by Western governments and media in the case of the late Mr Magnitskiy.

Yet I can find no truthful report of the judgement in the mainstream media at all.

Western propaganda - Page 33 2019-09-17_16-47-29

The myth is that Magnitskiy was an honest rights campaigner and accountant who discovered corruption by Russian officials and threatened to expose it, and was consequently imprisoned on false charges and then tortured and killed. A campaign over his death was led by his former business partner, hedge fund manager Bill Browder, who wanted massive compensation for Russian assets allegedly swindled from their venture. The campaign led to the passing of the Magnitskiy Act in the United States, providing powers for sanctioning individuals responsible for human rights abuses, and also led to matching sanctions being developed by the EU.

However the European Court of Human Rights has found, in judging a case brought against Russia by the Magnitskiy family, that the very essence of this story is untrue.

They find that there was credible evidence that Magnitskiy was indeed engaged in tax fraud, in conspiracy with Browder, and he was rightfully charged. The ECHR also found there was credible evidence that Magnitskiy was indeed a flight risk so he was rightfully detained. And most crucially of all, they find that there was credible evidence of tax fraud by Magnitskiy and action by the authorities “years” before he started to make counter-accusations of corruption against officials investigating his case.

This judgement utterly explodes the accepted narrative, and does it very succinctly:

The applicants argued that Mr Magnitskiy’s arrest had not been based on a reasonable suspicion of a
    crime and that the authorities had lacked impartiality as they had actually wanted to force him to
    retract his allegations of corruption by State officials. The Government argued that there had been
    ample evidence of tax evasion and that Mr Magnitskiy had been a flight risk.

The Court reiterated the general principles on arbitrary detention, which could arise if the
    authorities had complied with the letter of the law but had acted with bad faith or deception. It
    found no such elements in this case: the enquiry into alleged tax evasion which had led to
    Mr Magnitskiy’s arrest had begun long before he had complained of fraud by officials. The decision
    to arrest him had only been made after investigators had learned that he had previously applied for
    a UK visa, had booked tickets to Kyiv, and had not been residing at his registered address.

Furthermore, the evidence against him, including witness testimony, had been enough to satisfy an
    objective observer that he might have committed the offence in question. The list of reasons given
    by the domestic court to justify his subsequent detention had been specific and sufficiently detailed.

The Court thus rejected the applicants’ complaint about Mr Magnitskiy’s arrest and subsequent
    detention as being manifestly ill-founded.

“Manifestly ill founded”.

The mainstream media ran reams of reporting about the Magnitskiy case at the time of the passing of the Magnitskiy Act. I am offering a bottle of Lagavulin to anybody who can find me an honest and fair MSM report of this judgement reflecting that the whole story was built on lies.

Magnitskiy did not uncover corruption then get arrested on false charges of tax evasion. He was arrested on credible charges of tax evasion, and subsequently started alleging corruption. That does not mean his accusations were unfounded. It does however cast his arrest in a very different light.

Where the Court did find in favour of Magnitskiy’s family is that he had been deprived of sufficient medical attention and subject to brutality while in jail. I have no doubt this is true. Conditions in Russian jails are a disgrace, as is the entire Russian criminal justice system. There are few fair trials and conviction rates remain well over 90% – the judges assume that if you are being prosecuted, the state wants you locked up, and they comply. This is one of many areas where the Putin era will be seen in retrospect as lacking in meaningful and needed domestic reform. Sadly what happened to Magnitskiy on remand was not special mistreatment. It is what happens in Russian prisons. The Court also found subsequent Magnitskiy’s conviction for tax evasion was unsafe, but only on the (excellent) grounds that it was wrong to convict him posthumously.

The first use of the Magnitsky Act was to sanction those subject to Browder’s vendetta in his attempts to regain control of vast fortunes in Russian assets. But you may be surprised to hear I do not object to the legislation, which in principle is a good thing – although the chances of Western governments bringing sanctions to bear on the worst human rights abusers are of course minimal. Do not expect it to be used against Saudi Arabia, Bahrain or Israel any time soon.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/magnitskiy-myth-exploded

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:18 am