Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+47
George1
littlerabbit
PapaDragon
Backman
kvs
The Ottoman
Penguin
Scorpius
Pacense
Nemo
Arrow
Odin of Ossetia
Vann7
flamming_python
spotter
zepia
Azi
zorobabel
Tsavo Lion
thegopnik
Hole
slasher
nero
chinggis
jhelb
par far
GarryB
Mindstorm
LMFS
medo
Stealthflanker
lyle6
Rodion_Romanovic
Maximmmm
Yugo90
miketheterrible
Hannibal Barca
AbdulhamidtheSecond
JohninMK
franco
ahmedfire
Walther von Oldenburg
nomadski
Fred333
Tai Hai Chen
SeigSoloyvov
Regular
51 posters

2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #2

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #2 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #2

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:01 pm

kvs wrote:Russia can afford thousands of such missions.   America is going to have to print more of its funny money
    but the problem is that eventually those fiat chickens are going home to roost.   Then America will experience
    the biggest financial implosion in history.   And this day is not so far off.   Americans are operating like crack
    addicts and there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

The claim of the Russian military being stretched thin is absolutely ridiculous, to the point of comedic theatre. Compare how many bases the US has abroad to the Federations abroad, compare money spent, and cost effectiveness and it's not like comparing apples and oranges, it's like comparing a grain of sand to Mt. Everest!
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:03 pm

Russia can afford thousands of such missions.
    true, but for how long before her internal problems get worse? the USSR already imploded & their (not mine) hope is that Russia will also implode.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:03 pm

Actually, Russia is already expanding itself in places like Africa (Sudan) as example.

I don't think Tsavo even understands how this all works.

They aren't creating new units and equipment for this, but using existing, already paid for units and equipment.

This is more or less training costs. This same thing in Syria.

It wasn't like how US had to go on a recruiting spree during the early 2000's for Iraq and Afghanistan.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    Russia can afford thousands of such missions.
    true, but for how long before her internal problems get worse? the USSR already imploded & their (not mine) hope is that Russia will also implode.

You really, really do not understand the basics of how this works. It is quite obvious by your posts.

1) how would it cause Russia to implode?
    2) If units are already existing, same with equipment, and is about 1% of Russia's total forces, then how would it cause problems due to funding?
    3) Russia already operated in the region and still does.
    4) if it's a problem, then why is Russia expanding its influence?
    5) Russia has a growing economic activity along with a reserve fund growing even now (close to $600B) and national welfare fund at $160B, so uh, where are they losing out financially?

It's easy to make a claim, but if you don't even know the basics of the dynamics of Russia and its current structure, then it's a pointless discussion.

PapaDragon, slasher and Hole like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:16 pm

Stepanakert will have a Russian response center to help the refugees from this war.

I wonder if Russia will still get more hate from Armenians? Probably

https://www.rt.com/russia/506785-humanitarian-center-nagorno-karabakh/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:48 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Stepanakert will have a Russian response center to help the refugees from this war.

I wonder if Russia will still get more hate from Armenians? Probably

https://www.rt.com/russia/506785-humanitarian-center-nagorno-karabakh/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

It'll show how fake their asses are....I guess they drew inspiration from Kim Kardashian. Wink
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:05 pm

2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war #2 - Page 38 16nov_10
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:19 pm

u r not paid to think! I specified that it's the Western strategy & their understanding- nowhere did I say that it will be 100% successful.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:23 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
     u r not paid to think! I specified that it's the Western strategy & their understanding- nowhere did I say that it will be 100% successful.

Fair enough.

But move that 100% down to around 0%.

Reasoning is what I mentioned.

This is barely even pocket lint to Russia in costs and manpower. They have one of the largest militaries in the world and a budget that works for it, and they sit mostly idle in their own country.

All of this is what they wanted and needed.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:58 pm

..and they sit mostly idle in their own country.
    not with all those exercises, disaster relief & the Covid-19 response. 
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:08 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    ..and they sit mostly idle in their own country.
    not with all those exercises, disaster relief & the Covid-19 response. 

Russia's army is over a million. Their rosgvardii which handles internal matter is larger, about 1.5M. Army is barely being used in Covid time. It's military doctors and construction company you think of.

Exercises? Really? Why add that? That not only makes no sense, this operation is a real time exercise.

Disaster relief is handled by Emercom which isn't part of the military directly. Shoigu was head of it at one point.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:24 pm

It's the yanqui dream to "bankrupt" Russia. They always yap about it. That is why we have some yanqui posters polluting
    this board with such nonsense.

Russia is not even facing 20 involvements which include 2,000 troops. So less than 40,000 soldiers is going to bankrupt Russia?

Discussions without hard numbers and bounds are pointless. Any clown can claim 1 = 1000.

BTW, since Belorus was dredged up as a cost. Yeah Russia is already subsidizing this waste of space over $8 billion per year.
    If NATzO manages to move in, then the cost will go to zero. Using $8 billion per year to build weapons systems would
    go a very long way in Russia.

So where is all that "bankruptcy" action?

miketheterrible likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:33 pm

kvs wrote:It's the yanqui dream to "bankrupt" Russia.   They always yap about it.   That is why we have some yanqui posters polluting
    this board with such nonsense.  

Russia is not even facing 20 involvements which include 2,000 troops.   So less than 40,000 soldiers is going to bankrupt Russia?

Discussions without hard numbers and bounds are pointless.   Any clown can claim 1 = 1000.

BTW, since Belorus was dredged up as a cost.   Yeah Russia is already subsidizing this waste of space over $8 billion per year.
    If NATzO manages to move in, then the cost will go to zero.   Using $8 billion per year to build weapons systems would
    go a very long way in Russia.  

So where is all that "bankruptcy" action?

That is a key point.

2,000 troops in a small region is a kopek cost for Russia. People act as if it's some kind of central hive mind and that if it has to move in various locations at once, it will be some kind of bogging down.

No, that's the purpose of the various military districts.

Cost wise, it's absolutely nothing

Only real threat now is with Moldova, what will happen to Russian peacekeepers?
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:47 pm

They can't afford Belarus in NATO- it's the buffer state next to Poland, Baltics & Ukraine. And they already spent $Bs on pipelines & a a section of a railroad to bypass the Baltics & Ukraine.  

Around Russia flared from three sides
    Ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh is observed - Russian Defense Ministry
    In Nagorno-Karabakh, Russian peacekeepers deployed 9 posts each in the southern and northern zones
    Baku gives Yerevan postponement for withdrawal of troops from Kalbajar region  It's not over yet.  

Now comes a Karabakh war over cultural heritage

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Russia isn't giving up Belarus. They are bidding their time to get someone else to eventually replace Luka as he outlived his use.

slasher likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:05 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Russia isn't giving up Belarus. They are bidding their time to get someone else to eventually replace Luka as he outlived his use.

It would be nice if the Belorussian majority displaced that rotten clown. But if they do nothing and let NATzO take them over, then
    that's too bad for them. As with Armenia, Russia has no obligation to wipe their asses.

The US is clearly trapped in a time warp centered on WWII. Its carriers and its obsession with territorial control are obsolete.
    Grabbing Ukraine, Armenia, Georgia and Belorus will not stop the US from being fully glassed if they attack Russia. And Russia
    is much better off not feeding these freeloaders anyway. In Ukraine Russia blew between $200 and $300 billion at a time when
    it desperately need the money itself. In Belorus it has already sunk over $160 billion and more like closer to $200 billion. All
    it got in return was rabid revisionist frothing at the mouth from Luka and outright installation of a Nazi regime in Ukraine.

To hell with all of these losers. They need to live in the crumbs that NATzO will throw their way for a few decades. Maybe
    they will grow some IQ but more likely will become some vassals like the EU. Proud Germany and France are kissing Uncle
    Swine-shit's ass 24/7. Clearly they have lost any self respect and connection to their history. Who cares...

Hannibal Barca likes this post

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:27 pm

All of them can be used by the West to further destabilize & terrorise Russia, & there is large ethnic Russian population. Recall recent flights of B-1B/52s over Ukraine.

Turkey is fuelling other conflicts near Russian borders
     https://www.pravdareport.com/

https://regnum.ru/news/polit/3116643.html
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Maximmmm wrote:
    Tsavo Lion wrote:Now it's clear why Western allied Georgia welcomed Russian peacekeepers: it's stretching Russia thin, as per RAND report.
    Sandu is the winner in Moldova: https://lenta.ru/news/2020/11/16/s/

Supplying & rotating forces in a landlocked country not bordering on Russia will cost her a lot of $. Soon, different factions there may try to use their presence against each other, like what those in Afghanistan & Iraq did with the Americans.

I mean we've supported 1500 troops in Prindestrovie throughout the lean years with 0 countries to transit stuff through. With armenia we can sneak stuff through Iran as we've been doing, so that's hardly that bad.
    Also, 2k men, a few btr-82a's, some trucks, and a handful of old Mi-24's and Mi-8's in direct vicinity to already functioning bases in Armenia is hardly expensive.

2000 is so small that even Serbia could do it without any hassle if we had to

For Russia it would be a budget rounding error somewhere on seventh decimal place...

Tsavo Lion wrote:The mission in NK is only 1 part of stretching Russia thin. Combined with Kaliningrad, Belarus, E/S Ukraine, Moldova, NSR, Central Asia, & the Kurils, the strain is going to be considerable. And then there r conflicts/bases in Syria, Libya, Sudan, Cuba, & Venezuela.

Put 2000 troops in each of those places and i's still nowhere near enough to even make a dent

Tsavo Lion wrote:true, but for how long before her internal problems get worse? the USSR already imploded & their (not mine) hope is that Russia will also implode.

Don't strain yourself over it

Chincoms will implode long before Russia does Cool

And will you please stop fucking up text formatting? What are you even trying to accomplish?

Everything you post looks like trash (on top of being trash content wise)

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:49 pm

The articles I post reflect my opinions to which I'm entitled to express here. If u don't like them & my style, ignore me- & I won't even notice it!
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:00 pm

Signing of ceasefire agreement between Armenia and Azerbaijan in Putin's office:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHm-xu4KRp9/?utm_source=ig_embed

Journalist: Will you read it first?

Putin: Why would I need to read it? I wrote it.

lol1

LMFS and Hole like this post

nero

Post  nero Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:19 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:true, but for how long before her internal problems get worse? the USSR already imploded & their (not mine) hope is that Russia will also implode.

Russia is fairly boring and stable. There are no real signs of 'implosion'.

They are also economically sound (>740 billion USD in reserves)

Russian ground forces has ~300 000 contract personnel serving. With mobilization those numbers can quickly reach >1 000 000. I am unsure what you mean by 'spreading Russia thin'.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:03 am

Her size requires 4x bigger population & armed forces to defend it in wartime, so it's already thin to begin with. Again, that the Western strategy the RAND recommended- to create trouble spots around RF perimeter & thus wear out her resources more.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:04 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:Her size requires 4x bigger population & armed forces to defend it in wartime, so it's already thin to begin with. Again, that the Western strategy the RAND recommended- to create trouble spots around RF perimeter & thus wear out her resources more.

They also said the Syrian intervention would be a Afghan-esque quagmire, how did that turn out? Rolling Eyes
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:30 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:Her size requires 4x bigger population & armed forces to defend it in wartime, so it's already thin to begin with. Again, that the Western strategy the RAND recommended- to create trouble spots around RF perimeter & thus wear out her resources more.

They have nukes, it's impossible for them to be thin

They could be 4 times larger than now, nothing will going at them without getting exterminated

During 90s they didn't have anything resembling usable military but still nobody dared to touch them because of nukes

Today they have both nukes and military

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:43 am

Israel had nukes but still was attacked in 1967 & 1973. The US has nukes but attacked on 9/11/01 which led to massive conventional forces use in Afghanistan & Iraq. 
    The hybrid war now waged against Russia may lead to her conventional forces being used in Eurasia- be it her Army, NG, Navy/Marines, VKS, MChS, & Border Guards.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:18 am