Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+50
Vann7
GarryB
Rodion_Romanovic
nomadski
ATLASCUB
ultimatewarrior
jhelb
andalusia
JohninMK
ali.a.r
ult
Odin of Ossetia
auslander
Admin
MiamiMachineShop
nero
verkhoturye51
southpark
dino00
George1
Kimppis
Fred333
VARGR198
AbdulhamidtheSecond
kvs
lycantrop
LMFS
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
Tsavo Lion
medo
starman
Isos
AlfaT8
Mindstorm
Austin
par far
Regular
higurashihougi
magnumcromagnon
Airman
flamming_python
franco
SeigSoloyvov
Hannibal Barca
BKP
PapaDragon
Walther von Oldenburg
calm
eehnie
54 posters

Syrian War: News #19

GarryB
    GarryB

Syrian War: News #19 - Page 4 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #19

Post  GarryB Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:09 am

Trump is the style of the cowboy moron, doesn't look like the guy who is peaceful and eloquent.

Trump is an American politician... when you see his lips move, you know he is lying.

He doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything but himself, but he will use anything and anyone as an excuse to get his way... which is usually for the purpose of getting more votes or pleasing someone who is financing him.

He will stay for the Syrian people, and he will leave for the Syrian people... he has never met any of them and probably couldn't find them on a map, but it is all about democracy and peace no matter how many bombs and bullets it takes...

Actually, he does increase USA military expenditure through the roof and kept supporting Saudis proxy wars and Ukraine heretics and even provokes North Korea and China, both possessing ground forces superior to his own. They were forced to painful decisions due to the tactical situation, now they scapegoating with Trump's agenda etc. I call bullshit.

He has dropped more bombs than Obama ever did and although he campaigned on getting the troops home it is still really only talk so far...

Assad has said no self-governing it's either they come back under his rules and his control fully or else.

He has had this position for months, I do not know why no one has mentioned this already.

And America said no matter what Assad must go... things change.

With the Americans pulling out it creates a chance for Assad to give the Kurds some autonomy if Syrian government troops keep the peace and man the borders etc et, and then once the real ISIS clusters inside the American controlled areas are cleaned up they can send the civilians in Idlib to the Kurdish areas while they clean up the terrorists in Idlib... then they can have a vote and work on getting back to being a normal country again.

Maybe when things where fresh and he was on the fence he would have agreed to it but not now.

He has the ball in his court, in his eyes he has no reason to surrender to them in that way.

It is up to him... though I think Russia would be pressuring him to talk rather than fight... I suspect the Turks and Iranian factions would rather Assads forces invade the Kurdish regions and take them by force... which might attract all sorts of bullshit from the west, including cruise missile attacks, but with a new IADS that might be even more difficult and less effective than before.

Or he might just stand back and tell the Turks to go for it and take out the Kurdish resistance, but I am not sure they would hand land taken that way back to Assad... and more importantly he might not be sure... so really the choices are... talk, or invade himself.

It's either they go under control of the Ero or Assad and well if they where smart they pick Assad.

He is the lesser of two evils for them by far.

For the Kurds, Turkey is not a real option... just like for Assad, the US and Israel were not really options for an alliance to defeat ISIS...

Massive Turkish army convoy sent to #Şanlıurfa along #Syria border line for the upcoming operation.

Good luck boys...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:33 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

IF and remember this word IF we really do pull out.

It's either they go under control of the Ero or Assad and well if they where smart they pick Assad.

There must be a pretty good chance that you are going to be redeployed. If not why have Mattis and Mcgurk gone early? Also all the talk about 7000 coming out of Afghanistan as well. Still, the damage to relationships is now done.

I agree with your comments about SF staying, if only as a strike force based in Iraq. You appear to be in a better place than us to forecast what will happen, as far as I can see the media is saying it starts in 30 days and will be over in 90 with air cover stopping at that latter date.

If it happens it will mean that the Coalition is also gone. Wonder how the French will operate without US air cover?

Gonna be an interesting couple of months.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Within Syria
    ‏ @WithinSyriaBlog
    5m5 minutes ago

the SDF really need to take these movements into account when they are making their next decision. The withdraw decision is not as naive as the media is promoting, there is much more into it. Apparently the backing from Saudi Arabia and UAE can't be taken into account anymore.

The visit confirm that al-Basir's visit was a message from Saudi Arabia. It also confirm that the Kingdom and the UAE want to partner up with Damascus. This may explain Trump's recent decision as both countries are key financiers of the coalition in Syria. https://twitter.com/WithinSyriaBlog/status/1076858206113140736 …

8m8 minutes ago

The visit confirm that al-Basir's visit was a message from Saudi Arabia. It also confirm that the Kingdom and the UAE want to partner up with Damascus. This may explain Trump's recent decision as both countries are key financiers of the coalition in Syria.

18m18 minutes ago

During the visit, Mamluk met with Abbas Kamel, director of the Egyptian General Intelligence Directorate. This is the first time Damascus announces a security visit and describe it as "official."

Breaking: Ali Mamluk, head of the Syrian National Security Bureau, made an official visit to Egypt to discuss political and security issues, according to the SANA

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:54 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

There must be a pretty good chance that you are going to be redeployed. If not why have Mattis and Mcgurk gone early? Also all the talk about 7000 coming out of Afghanistan as well. Still, the damage to relationships is now done.

I agree with your comments about SF staying, if only as a strike force based in Iraq. You appear to be in a better place than us to forecast what will happen, as far as I can see the media is saying it starts in 30 days and will be over in 90 with air cover stopping at that latter date.

If it happens it will mean that the Coalition is also gone. Wonder how the French will operate without US air cover?

The French cannot operate as we do. Without our Air support, The kurds are pretty screwed.

They may try and stay but them and the brits would pull out the second things get hot.

I am not going anywhere for a while it seems, I worked with Mattis before. Glad he is gone, the guy lives in the old world.

Mcgurk is an incompetent fool who was only a mouthpiece.

Afghan no way that's happening, in the end, Trump cannot pull troops out on his own anymore.

I have not heard or seen any official orders which if there was truth to this. Should have been signed by now, You could get the paperwork to all the departments, deploy heavy transports, take inventory of everything. Get setup how withdrawal will be run, which plane takes what etc.

If you intend to send them to another country, that's advance notice.

So where are the paper orders and notifications?. Even if Trump says it, that stuff still needs to be dotted and signed.

There is one WAY and IF Trump is serious about this he can get around all of that crap.

Send them into Iraq, there were routes prepared long in advance if we had to suddenly ditch Syria and even areas pre-chosen to house those troops.

Since we are formally deployed in Iraq, he doesn't need to deal with paper orders and he can transfer them there has additional forces.

He will bring some home if that's true to save face.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:25 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

I have not heard or seen any official orders which if there was truth to this. Should have been signed by now, You could get the paperwork to all the departments, deploy heavy transports, take inventory of everything. Get setup how withdrawal will be run, which plane takes what etc.

You haven't seen any orders? Can't be real then cheers 

I remember when you were claiming to be part of the American SF helping the SDF; your claims got contradicted and called out and you disappeared lol1
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:52 pm

The 30-90 day withdrawal window looks to be possible.

Unclassified statement of CENTCOM: “At this time, we continue to work by, with and through our partners in the region.” Also #US State Department officials say that they will support Kurdish militias for next 2 months. But the ones with No ties to PKK terror group

This is an interesting read. Seems reasonable even if it is from DEBKAfile:

“Following the backlash from President Trump’s decision to withdraw US troops from NE Syria, senior administration officials Friday night, Dec. 21 offered Mid East leaders clarifications for allaying their concerns. DEBKAfile’s sources reveal those messages’ high points:

US troops will leave eastern and northern Syria, but America is not deserting this part of the country, said the officials, without revealing the nature of its continuing presence.

1)The Trump administration has not abandoned the Kurds or “stabbed them in the back” as widely reported, “and the Kurds know this,” it was authoritatively said. And, indeed, despite their loud cries of dismay, not a single Syrian Kurdish militiaman has deserted the lines they hold against ISIS in eastern Syria.

2)Regarding President Tayyip Erdogan declaration that the Turkish army was about to march on East Euphrates and reach the Kurdish capital of Qamishli, amid fears of a massacre, the US officials advised distinguishing between talk and deeds. They referred to a phone conversation between Presidents Trump and Erdogan on Dec. 14, in which the latter promised his army would not cross the Euphrates. In a speech welcoming the US pullout from Syria on Friday, Erdogan allowed that Turkey would “wait a little longer before launching the operation” and counted on US “logistic support.”

3)Trump said subsequently that the troop pullout would be phased out within 40-60 days. According to the US officials, a more realistic timeline would be 4 to 6 months. “During that time, Syria is bound to see many developments that may require Washington to revise its plans.”

4)The US and Iraq are in advanced negotiations for the deployment to
    the Iraqi-Syria border of the Iraqi Special Operations Forces (ISOF) – the “Golden Division” – which drove ISIS out of Mosul. It will stand in the path of Iranian and Iraqi Shiite militias crossings into Syria.

6)Part of the ISOF’s deployment will include the western Iraqi province of Anbar. In this regard, the US officials referred to a disclosure by Mohammad al-Dilemi, one of the chiefs of Anbar’s Arab tribes. On Dec. 12, he said that the US army was building a new base on the line dividing Anbar from the next-door province of Nineveh. It would position US troops 30km north of the Euphrates River and near the Syrian border. This new base will provide the Iraqi division with American backup.

7)The officials from Washington refused to confirm or deny that the Russians were involved in the forthcoming US plans for Syria; nor would they refer to a possible US-Turkish-Russian deal on the subject. They did take note of the strides taken in recent weeks toward repairing Russian-Israeli relations. The US officials pointed out that the transfer of a Russian S-300 air defense missile battalion to Deir ez-Zour in eastern Syria brought the Israeli Golan and Galilee Panhandle within their range, but not the Israel Air Force bases in northern and central Israel.”

More clarification and seems to confirm above reports:
    Sec Pompeo’s interview posted on @State covering the Syria withdrawal and NK.
    https://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2018/12/288249.htm
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:58 pm

You'll enjoy this Seig

Further news from Heshmet Alavi’s twitter feed. (much more on situation in Iran and recent US gov actionable sanctions).
    @HeshmatAlavi

#BREAKING 1) France will replace the U.S. in northern Syria The French Foreign Ministry confirms that following talks with U.S. officials, its forces will replace U.S. forces in northern Syria to help maintain security in the region. yenisafak.com/en/world/franc… pic.twitter.com/VLIAUr40wv

#BREAKING 2) In the next three months, with each group of U.S. forces leaving Syria, a French unit will enter the northern Syrian regions, sources say. France has invited Syrian Democratic Forces’ representatives for talks with senior officials in Paris.

#BREAKING 3) Kurdish officials Riyadh Derar & Elham Ahmed have gone to Elysee Palace for talks. This decision will any disrupt the plans of Bashar Assad to take over oil fields in this area & Turkey’s plans to launch cross-border operations into northern Syria. More to follow.

#BREAKING 4) 2,000 U.S. military forces exiting #Syria will be stationing inside Iraq, in a base located 60 kilometers from #Iran’s border, according to an Iraqi Kurd source. (File Photo) pic.twitter.com/0xLfoS3eUS
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:28 am

flamming_python wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

You haven't seen any orders? Can't be real then cheers 

I remember when you were claiming to be part of the American SF helping the SDF; your claims got contradicted and called out and you disappeared lol1

I was busy at the time? I don't live on this website. I mean if your willing to meet my current pay per hour, then sure you got it pal!.

Also saying I haven't seen or heard anything official is all.

Could it be true sure, I said that before merely stated I haven't seen anything personally.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:38 am

JohninMK wrote:The 30-90 day withdrawal window looks to be possible.

Unclassified statement of CENTCOM: “At this time, we continue to work by, with and through our partners in the region.” Also #US State Department officials say that they will support Kurdish militias for next 2 months. But the ones with No ties to PKK terror group

This is an interesting read. Seems reasonable even if it is from DEBKAfile:

“Following the backlash from President Trump’s decision to withdraw US troops from NE Syria, senior administration officials Friday night, Dec. 21 offered Mid East leaders clarifications for allaying their concerns. DEBKAfile’s sources reveal those messages’ high points:

US troops will leave eastern and northern Syria, but America is not deserting this part of the country, said the officials, without revealing the nature of its continuing presence.

1)The Trump administration has not abandoned the Kurds or “stabbed them in the back” as widely reported, “and the Kurds know this,” it was authoritatively said. And, indeed, despite their loud cries of dismay, not a single Syrian Kurdish militiaman has deserted the lines they hold against ISIS in eastern Syria.

2)Regarding President Tayyip Erdogan declaration that the Turkish army was about to march on East Euphrates and reach the Kurdish capital of Qamishli, amid fears of a massacre, the US officials advised distinguishing between talk and deeds. They referred to a phone conversation between Presidents Trump and Erdogan on Dec. 14, in which the latter promised his army would not cross the Euphrates. In a speech welcoming the US pullout from Syria on Friday, Erdogan allowed that Turkey would “wait a little longer before launching the operation” and counted on US “logistic support.”

3)Trump said subsequently that the troop pullout would be phased out within 40-60 days. According to the US officials, a more realistic timeline would be 4 to 6 months. “During that time, Syria is bound to see many developments that may require Washington to revise its plans.”

4)The US and Iraq are in advanced negotiations for the deployment to
    the Iraqi-Syria border of the Iraqi Special Operations Forces (ISOF) – the “Golden Division” – which drove ISIS out of Mosul. It will stand in the path of Iranian and Iraqi Shiite militias crossings into Syria.

6)Part of the ISOF’s deployment will include the western Iraqi province of Anbar. In this regard, the US officials referred to a disclosure by Mohammad al-Dilemi, one of the chiefs of Anbar’s Arab tribes. On Dec. 12, he said that the US army was building a new base on the line dividing Anbar from the next-door province of Nineveh. It would position US troops 30km north of the Euphrates River and near the Syrian border. This new base will provide the Iraqi division with American backup.

7)The officials from Washington refused to confirm or deny that the Russians were involved in the forthcoming US plans for Syria; nor would they refer to a possible US-Turkish-Russian deal on the subject. They did take note of the strides taken in recent weeks toward repairing Russian-Israeli relations. The US officials pointed out that the transfer of a Russian S-300 air defense missile battalion to Deir ez-Zour in eastern Syria brought the Israeli Golan and Galilee Panhandle within their range, but not the Israel Air Force bases in northern and central Israel.”

More clarification and seems to confirm above reports:
    Sec Pompeo’s interview posted on @State covering the Syria withdrawal and NK.
    https://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2018/12/288249.htm

Ha they are doing exactly what I thought they would.

But yes that is about what I expected if Trump was pulling guys out, a partial pull out of some forces, keeping unknown forces in there.

Trump back peddling some for the turks to make Ero happy.

They are even using the backup routes to set up a base where if we where forced out of syria would have been built.

Welp it's easy to predict when you been involved in it to be fair. That's also why I haven't seen any paper orders, he is transfering them to Iraq which doesn't require it.

If you want PM me some questions John feel free.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:47 am

Seig, I think you might be getting that paperwork after all:

Order to withdraw US forces from Syria signed

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/23/politics/syria-withdrawal-pentagon-signed-order/index.html?__twitter_impression=true
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:54 am

Interesting discussions about Ukraine planning a new war ,and Israel illegal war on Syria.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:20 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Seig, I think you might be getting that paperwork after all:

Order to withdraw US forces from Syria signed

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/23/politics/syria-withdrawal-pentagon-signed-order/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Ah if they just signed it today I wouldn't have heard about the order until tomorrow at the earliest.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:01 am

JohninMK wrote:You'll enjoy this Seig

Further news from Heshmet Alavi’s twitter feed. (much more on situation in Iran and recent US gov actionable sanctions).
    @HeshmatAlavi

#BREAKING 1) France will replace the U.S. in northern Syria The French Foreign Ministry confirms that following talks with U.S. officials, its forces will replace U.S. forces in northern Syria to help maintain security in the region. yenisafak.com/en/world/franc… pic.twitter.com/VLIAUr40wv

#BREAKING 2) In the next three months, with each group of U.S. forces leaving Syria, a French unit will enter the northern Syrian regions, sources say. France has invited Syrian Democratic Forces’ representatives for talks with senior officials in Paris.

#BREAKING 3) Kurdish officials Riyadh Derar & Elham Ahmed have gone to Elysee Palace for talks. This decision will any disrupt the plans of Bashar Assad to take over oil fields in this area & Turkey’s plans to launch cross-border operations into northern Syria. More to follow.

#BREAKING 4) 2,000 U.S. military forces exiting #Syria will be stationing inside Iraq, in a base located 60 kilometers from #Iran’s border, according to an Iraqi Kurd source. (File Photo) pic.twitter.com/0xLfoS3eUS

Not verified. Looks like a lie actually. Neither french medias nor twitter talks about that.

French don't have the capacity to replace US. Not with tens of special forces, 4 or 5 rafales and 4 Cesar gun.

Trump gave also green light for turks op in syria against kurds so french will be alone to stop them.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:36 am

I couldn't see US troops fighting Turkish troops, so I think it is unlikely to be French vs Turkish troops either.

Probably a bit of wishful thinking....

I suspect the Ukrainian invasion will be starting any minute now... or it might just be a british ship trying to get into the sea of azov.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:12 pm

SR
    @Syrian_SR
    ·
    4h
    #Turkey ordered it’s backed militias in Idlib to attack the #SAA positions in south #Idlib in attempt to slow down SAA deployments to Manbij and the east

A (not confirmed tip) within 48 hours #Manbij and its CS will be handed over to the SAA

And lot of pictures of turkish geting their force ready at the border with desert cammo on twitter.
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:23 am

TSK 203mm M110A2 heavy howitzers and Kirpi MRAPs are on the way to border with #Syria.
    https://twitter.com/Acemal71/status/1077157293492502529

Syrian War: News #19 - Page 4 DvLTwj7W0AAPTzO

Syrian War: News #19 - Page 4 DvLTwy4WkAAl3dZ

Syrian War: News #19 - Page 4 DvLUzt8XQAA_jNZ

60 TSK ACV-15 armoured personnel carriers with desert camouflage are waiting to be transferred to the border with #Syria this night.
    https://twitter.com/Acemal71/status/1077225772904079360

Syrian War: News #19 - Page 4 DvMS0eEWkAAzdbK

Syrian War: News #19 - Page 4 DvMS0n-X4AMugR0

Syrian War: News #19 - Page 4 DvMS09-X4AQZRPO

Syrian War: News #19 - Page 4 DvMS1SeXgAAmEfK
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Very large units of the Turkish Army are moving into positions on their side of the border. Everyday brings news and film of more.

This is very interesting, either they will strike south soon (running the risk of hitting the US before the US moves out?) or they will stay where they are. Whichever it is they are scaring the shit out of the SDF Kurds.

Maybe the latter is the plan. Unlike the US the Russians have told the Turks to stay out but they still need to force the Kurds into agreement with the Syrian Government. This happened this morning

All that Turkish gear heading towards the border seems to be having a positive affect the other side. Video at link

Mare
    ???? #RiseUp4Afrin
    ‏ @nighttides

Handover of several W #Manbij villages by MMC to Syrian border guard protection in the presence of Russian forces also included dancing

https://twitter.com/nighttides/status/839771097717432320

If this is the plan and it works the Turks will get what they really want, no PKK Kurdish access to their southern border policed with Russian help. So far so good. Plus the US can move out safely, under the protection of the Syrian/Russian forces. Love that idea.

EDIT

Need to point this out re that celebration

The'Nimr'Tiger
    ‏ @Souria4Syrians
    2h2 hours ago

Regarding news that SDF handed Arima area to Syrian Gov; in 2017 Syria deployed Army and Border Guards in west Manbij to create a buffer zone between YPG and TFSA, SAA has presence there especially in Arima which became a center for that deployment since.

But they could well be expanding their area

Qalaat Al Mudiq
    ‏ @QalaatAlMudiq
    31m31 minutes ago

#Syria: Assad forces reinforced their positions in W. #Manbij CS after recent Turkish & National Army deployments. Regime firstly entered this area in March 2017 (2nd pic) but this time this is #SAA (not #LDF). Reports #Russia|ns are back in #Arima. http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=36.466852&lon=37.701645&z=12&m=w …

Last edited by JohninMK on Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Erdogan probably agreed all kinds of side deals with Trump, like laying off MbS as well.

Sudan/Egypt are fronting a Saudi/UAE diplomatic effort to get Syria back into the Arab 'fold'. The UAE are renovating their embassy in Damascus with all speed.

What is unfolding is probably not what many in the West are predicting, in that the Arabs are going to help all Syria not just the east of the Euphrates. Erdogan won't want more war, he needs to get his country back on an even keel exploiting its export markets, both in the east and west.

Looks like there is the chance of what the US MIC fears most happening, peace breaking out and the elimination of lots of terrorists.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Lucifuge Rofocale
    ‏ @rofoca_lucifuge
    14h14 hours ago

Clashes between TuF/FSA and SDF at the northwestern fronts of Manbij pocket, that is currently held by SDF, with artillery shelling

Iraq PM says Iraqi troops could deploy into Syria to protect from threats across the border -latest fallout from US decision to withdraw. He said Iraq concerned ISIL could expand the footprint.

#BREAKING Floating bridges and boats that belong to the Russian Forces are arriving at West Deir Ez Zor Countryside, in preparations to storm and takeover SDF-Held East of the Euphrates

Lucifuge Rofocale Retweeted
    Al-Masdar News
    ‏Verified account @TheArabSource
    1d1 day ago

Breaking: US Coalition bombs bridge being reconstructed by Syrian Army in Deir Ezzor https://aml.ink/69ZTG #DeirEzzor #Syria

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Looks like russians won't stop them. Wonder what's going on in backstage and what agreements were reached.

Babak Taghvaee
    Babak Taghvaee
    @BabakTaghvaee
    #BREAKING: According to my #Russian Military Sources, #Russian Air Force will not provide any air support for #Syrian Arab Army & #Assad forces who are helping #YPG/#SDF in #Manbij! Seems #Russia follows the American path as well to keep war criminal #Erdogan as its ally!

Edit: well seems that this guy's credibility is very low.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:04 pm

SR
    @Syrian_SR
    No fly zone issued by #SAA over north/north east #Syria starting mid night.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:24 am

a major new attack by ISRAEL on Syria.. on christmas day..

Israel engages air defenses to intercept anti-aircraft missile from Syria – IDF

https://www.rt.com/news/447395-israel-air-defense-syria/

Mixed reports.. RT reports talk about Israel attacks on Syria with their airforce from Lebanon airspace..
    HalRAdio shows talk about Surface to surface attack on Syria.. from farther distances.
    and mixed with kamikazi drones.. with up to 55 missiles fired.. in two waves..

with most missiles intercepted...  but apparently a few of them hit Syria.
    and apparently Syria is still using their S-200s..

from SANA news..

Syrian SANA Agency later reported that Israeli Air Force launched missile attack on Damascus surroundings from Lebanese airspace and that most of the missiles were downed. The attack left three servicemen wounded and caused damage to an ammunition depot, the agency said.

This is what i have been saying many times.. You can have the best air defenses in the world.. S-300,S-500 ,S-700s but if they are not used , the way they are supposed to be used.. for political reasons , and the enemy allowed to fly close to Syria.. then they can continue bombing Syria, trying and trying.. is hit an run tactics..
    and they use valleys and mountains in lebanon to cover from Syrian air defenses.. and the only way to get
    low flying planes ,covering behind valleys is with another combat plane. Airforce is supposed to backup land base air defenses..  the strategy of only defending..and not retaliating doesn't work.. to stop enemy its aggression.
    The way S-300 will really shine is deployed not only in Syria but in Lebanon too.. so that Israel airforce can't hide behind geography and do hit and run attacks... also the S-300s will have to take down any Israel planes that gets withing 250km of Damascus.. create a no israel fly zone.. thats the only way to really Secure the airspace of
    Syria.. completely.. keeping the enemy far away of its missiles range.

apparently Israel took advantage Also of Russia military and Syrian army being busy ,distracted with the
    turkey invasion.. there have been major mobilization of Russia military and Syrian army into zones closer to Turkey positions..  it looks like Syria and Russia are in a race to take some territory in the north before Turkey get it all..

from hal radio show... (sometimes their reports are wrong.)
    this is what they are reporting about the end results of the raids.

BATTLE DAMAGE ASSESSMENT

Israel launched over 55 munitions today
    Surface to surface missiles (short range-medium range)
    Suicide drones
    Small diameter bombs
    Cruise missiles

Launched in 4 waves in 35 mins

And only managed to hit 7 times in 2 different locations in Syria.

The attack, for all intents and purposes, was a dismal failure.

from SANA news..
    Syrian SANA Agency later reported that Israeli Air Force launched missile attack on Damascus surroundings from Lebanese airspace and that most of the missiles were downed. The attack left three servicemen wounded and caused damage to an ammunition depot, the agency said.

So the ammunition depot was damaged but not destroyed?
    If i was going guess ,the planes were a distraction and the most important attacks came
    from suicide drones.. and perhaps glide bombs had to be used too..

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:04 pm

So the latest attack ,the Israelis launched missiles at Syria from Lebanon with 6 x F16s ,when 2 civilians planes
    were landing in the zone.. they Israelis used 2 civilians planes as potential shield to prevent an attack on their
    planes. The Syrian military could not use Electronic jamming according to Russia and neither deploy surface to air  defenses to shutdown the Israeli planes.. (and maybe neither S-300s) for the presence of civilian planes..  and had to limit their activities to purely defensive and likely with short air defenses and only engage the missiles ,when they were near of their bases,when the missiles were close to their positions. ..

a total of 16 US-made laser-guided GBU-39 bombs, were used and from 16 attacks,only 2 hit their intended targets.
    So definitively this is a major improvement of Syrian air defenses.. 6x planes attacks using the usual fire and run away tactics . So this shows an efficiency of Israel airforce latest attack of about ~13% in a Surprise attack
    when they used 2 civilian airliners as a potential shield for their planes ,for blocking Syrian military for doing all the things they could have deployed. .

This is definitively a major failure of Israel ,and they by now will understand that they gains ,they could achieve
    are so little and the risk too high.. will make them upset for sure of the failure of the military operation. with a small symbolic victory in terms of not getting their planes shut down.

Syrian War: News #19 - Page 4 5c236d3ddda4c8cd6d8b45f3

https://www.rt.com/news/447423-israel-strike-syria-civilian-planes/

It was funny to see the Jerusalem post celebrating the "failure of S-300s" that many sources says were not
    used.. and other jews claiming. it was Israel invisible F-35 planes the reason of the success. But maybe not everyone of them will feel so proud ,if they were told ,their airforce is using civilian planes as a shield for their attacks. or maybe they still will do.. with the lack of "morals" and respect for human life they have..
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:05 pm

ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    ·
    4m
    #UPDATE: Source telling me heavy fighter activity also over Haifa. IAF warplanes popping flares over Lebanon, reasons unclear, Netanyahu off to Brazil tomorrow, I don’t really expect Israel to strike when he’s going away...?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Elijah J. Magnier
    ‏ @ejmalrai
    10m10 minutes ago

#Syria responded last night by sending missiles to explode above occupied Palestinian tows and territory. #Israel closed the airspace and stopped the bombing for fear of more retaliation. That is a new ROE./+

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:53 am