Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 6189
    Points : 6181
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  Isos on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:51 pm

    Yes for peace period it's the best choice. But in case of war these 200m sonar wires will be cut.

    I think it is quite interesting to see that the Russians preferring the 24/7 radars instead of the airborne units.

    If they really had the choice between A-50U/100 and ground radars they would chose A-50. They can't because of the cost. Idem for satelit early warning radar and ground base early warning radar.

    I agree that they need seabed sonars but not just it without a second capability with patrol Aircraft.
    Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform

    Posts : 834
    Points : 824
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  Singular_Transform on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:20 pm

    Isos wrote:Yes for peace period it's the best choice. But in case of war these 200m sonar wires will be cut.


    If they really had the choice between A-50U/100 and ground radars they would chose A-50. They can't because of the cost. Idem for satelit early warning radar and ground base early warning radar.

    I agree that they need seabed sonars but not just it without a second capability with patrol Aircraft.


    It is next to impossible to get close to a 200m sonar wire with anything.


    and the cutting of it is a quite important information, means war drill immediately.


    The early warning aircraft has limited size. Example it hasn't got enought power, and too small for a long wavelenght early warning radar.

    Like the sonabuoys rs of the P-8 Poseidon - compared to a seabed wire sonar the floating sonar is lame and very insensitive.

    I think everyone forget that the airborne application has geometrical advantage, but very bad power ,weight and size disadvantage.

    And the airborne posts are quite easy to destroy, and hard to protect.

    And from one AWACS you can buy 3-4 radar : )
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  Guest on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 pm

    Singular_Transform wrote:
    Isos wrote:

    But the difference is that with an Aircraft your radar and sonars are not fixed. You can change your position.

    SOSUS was ineffective when two akula class went near US shores for 1 month. When you know where the sonars are, you can adapt you Attack. I'm not saying it's useless but it can't be an offensive tool. And special forces can just cut them before a war.

    SOSU was there as a gatekeeper.

    The russian system is there to cover the whole area, and give real time information about the movement of any ship.

    I think it is quite interesting to see that the Russians preferring the 24/7 radars instead of the airborne units.


    A 24/7 sonar system covering the Russian EEZ and beyond give more than few sonar buoy and maritime radar on an aircraft.

    Starting with that a modern, 200 m long seabed sonar can detect anything in 50 km area. If not then all that you have to do is to increase the sonar length to 1000 m.

    See?

    The maritime aircraft / nuclear submarine needed to cover the area if the sonar failed.


    The US system designed to cover any ocean around the world except the ice covered one.

    The Russian is to cover the home shores, and make impossible for any adversary to operate in attack distance.

    Fixed radar sites in times of war have lifespan of pack of cigarets in whorehouse. US has dozens of fixed radar installations too so?

    If Russians had to choose whey would have same number if not more maritime aviation borts than US or Japan, but there is not enough money, easy as that.

    Also please stop taking sonar detection as granted, it is not granted, not even by a long shot.
    avatar
    nastle77

    Posts : 230
    Points : 308
    Join date : 2015-07-25

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  nastle77 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:53 am

    During the Soviet era was the PVO expected to provide air cover to strike elements of the Soviet Naval Aviation? as it is obvious that the Naval Aviation did not have Fighters or interceptors in its inventory
    Benya
    Benya

    Posts : 526
    Points : 528
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  Benya on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:30 pm

    Ilyushin Company Completes Modernization of Il-38N Maritime Patrol Aircraft for Russian Navy

    The Ilyushin Aircraft Works fulfilled the state contract to upgrade another batch of anti-submarine Il-38 aircraft of the Russian Navy to the level of Il-38N, the press service of the United Aircraft Corporation said.

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Il-38N_antisubmarine_aircraft_ASW_MPA_Russia
    The seventh Il-38N MPA of the Russian Navy during flight tests in Zhukovsky. Picture by Alexander Mishin / russianplanes.net

    "The Ilyushin aircraft complex successfully completed the maintenance and modernization of two aircraft. In December 2016 they were handed over to the customer. Upon agreement with the command of the Russian Navy aviation they were named after seaborne aviation Commander Viktor Pavlovich Potapov and Navy pilot, Hero of the Soviet Union Mikhail Konstantinovich Verbitsky," it said.

    To promote integration of enterprises of the United Aircraft Corporation the modernization of some aircraft is carried out by the Myasishchev enterprise according to Il documentation.

    The new search and targeting system allows the modernized aircraft to successfully cope with patrolling missions, engage expanded range of armaments in the search and destruction of submarines, in radio-electronic monitoring of surface and air targets, mine planting, search and rescue at sea, as well as environmental monitoring of the water surface.

    Source: Arrow http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2017/january-2017-navy-naval-forces-defense-industry-technology-maritime-security-global-news/4808-ilyushin-company-completes-modernization-of-il-38n-maritime-patrol-aircraft-for-russian-navy.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 7808
    Points : 7891
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:38 am

    The vibration looks a bit excessive on that new radome halfway down the fuselage Smile
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25927
    Points : 26473
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  GarryB on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:40 am

    The orange and white one on top?

    That is actually a stealth radome and it has just been turned on and is in the process of disappearing from human sight...
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14941
    Points : 15440
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:12 am

    The modernized Ka-27M and a new modernized Il-38N in Yeisk

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 31809696564_60f113b4e0_o

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 31809694714_98f69c7d79_o

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 32273387870_3bf54fae8c_o

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 31840476873_e1ca2e3d8e_o

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2409755.html
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7619
    Points : 8016
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  Austin on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:22 am

    Ilyushin Unveils Il-38 ASW Upgrade for Russian Navy
    by Vladimir Karnozov
    - February 7, 2017, 7:36 AM

    http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2017-02-07/ilyushin-unveils-il-38-asw-upgrade-russian-navy

    The Ilyushin design bureau and the Russian navy have revealed details of a mission systems upgrade and airframe refurbishment of the Il-38 antisubmarine warfare (ASW) aircraft. At a ceremony on January 31 at Ramenskoye airbase south of Moscow, Russian naval aviation commander Gen. Igor Kozhin said that “about 30” of the 54 Il-38s in the inventory will be modernized, in a program that will continue until 2025.

    Nikolai Stolyarov, director for special aviation programs with United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), said Ilyushin and its sister companies Myasischev and Aircraft Repair Plant No.20 have fulfilled “the second defense ministry order for Il-38Ns” (for five and three aircraft, respectively). He added that these companies continue lifetime-extension and modernization work on other military versions of the baseline Il-18 in service with Russia's Air and Space Force. “This platform has proved itself as very reliable, durable and robust airplane. We hope the Il-38N program would resume…after successful completion of special flight trials that will commence shortly.”

    The N version of the Il-38 features the Novella P-38 search and sighting system from St.-Petersburg-based Leninets, which replaces the outdated Berkut-38 on the original Il-38, 65 of which were delivered from 1967 to 1972. The system can track 32 targets simultaneously and has detection range against aircraft of 90 km (50 nm) and sea-going targets of 320 km (173 nm). The Indian Navy was the only export customer, and it still operates five Il-38SD with the Sea Dragon sensor suite, which is an exportable version of the Novella.

    With all-up weight of 68 tons, the Il-38 has a crew of seven and a range of 9,500 km (5,126nm). It is broadly similar to the P-3 Orion, which has filled a similar ASW role with the U.S. Navy. According to Ilyushin, the Il-38N is intended for long-endurance anti-submarine patrols over sea, with simultaneous search for aerial and sea-going targets. In addition, the aircraft can set mine fields and perform search-and-rescue and ecological monitoring duties. Its arsenal of torpedoes, mines, depth charges and buoys has been extended though addition of the PL250-120 Zagon anti-submarine guided bombs. Indian Il-38SDs can fire the Kh-35, whereas the Russian navy decided not to equip its aircraft with anti-ship missiles.

    The Il-38N that was accepted during the January 31 ceremony (RF-755345) was the eighth to be upgraded. It is the second Il-38N to be delivered to the Russian navy's 859 Center in Yeisk on the Black Sea coast for combat use, flight training and type conversion. Commander Gen. Alexei Serdyuk said his center will use these airplanes to train Pacific and Northern Fleet aircrews. “We will employ them on special trials and working out new tactics,” he added

    After the ceremony, Gen. Kozhin told journalists that the Il-38 and Tu-142 will continue the primary ASW types in the Russian inventory. “These are old platforms, but we expect a substantial increase in their capabilities through the renewal of their mission equipment. Other maritime nations will be surprised at the new capabilities these types will demonstrate after modernization,” he declared.

    Kozhin described the Il-38 as “the first indigenous ASW aircraft capable of long-duration flights over ocean, and it is still capable of search and annihilation of submarines.” He praised Ilyushin for producing “such a uniquely durable and reliable machine.” It has been operational with the navy for more than 50years with minimal attrition. “Despite its rather serious age, this aircraft is made very capable through yet another modernization program. The President and defense minister have set the goal to bring the share of new and modernized aircraft in the Russian naval aviation inventory up to 70 percent. We are on track with that.”
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3914
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  medo on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:51 pm



    At 2:56 is more clearly seen new MFD in Su-33.
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3914
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  medo on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:45 pm

    http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5878e8849a794719284dc0f9

    Минобороны России решило оснастить в 2017–2018 годах все принадлежащие ему палубные истребители Су-33 системами СВП-24-33, которые повышают точность применения ракет, авиабомб и боеприпасов к авиационному стрелково-пушечному вооружению. Об этом агентству «Интерфакс» сообщил источник в оборонно-промышленном комплексе.


    Russian MoD decided, that RuNAVY will modernize all remaining Su-33 in their fleet with SVP-24-33 after their excellent results in Syria.

    Considering, that SVP display is also radar display, I wonder what changes radar get to be compatible with SVP-24-33
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3397
    Points : 3429
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  franco on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:11 pm

    medo wrote:http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5878e8849a794719284dc0f9

    Минобороны России решило оснастить в 2017–2018 годах все принадлежащие ему палубные истребители Су-33 системами СВП-24-33, которые повышают точность применения ракет, авиабомб и боеприпасов к авиационному стрелково-пушечному вооружению. Об этом агентству «Интерфакс» сообщил источник в оборонно-промышленном комплексе.


    Russian MoD decided, that RuNAVY will modernize all remaining Su-33 in their fleet with SVP-24-33 after their excellent results in Syria.

    Considering, that SVP display is also radar display, I wonder what changes radar get to be compatible with SVP-24-33

    Good news for around 20 aircraft...
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25927
    Points : 26473
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  GarryB on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:45 pm

    I rather suspect the Gefest & T upgrade system is designed to work with what ever MFD or HUDs or radars are already fitted to the aircraft.

    Needing to replace any of the above would just make things more expensive.

    If you think of it as a bombing computer that calculates trajectories and impact points in real time then all it really needs is data about the aircraft it is on (ie altitude, speed, etc) and target information from existing sensors like a targeting pod or onboard radar or IRST... and of course information about the ordinance carried... ie weight and drag.

    They might take the opportunity to upgrade other things while they are at it but I doubt it would be essential.
    avatar
    kopyo-21

    Posts : 205
    Points : 207
    Join date : 2013-08-21
    Location : Bangkok - Thailand

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  kopyo-21 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:14 am

    medo wrote:http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5878e8849a794719284dc0f9

    Минобороны России решило оснастить в 2017–2018 годах все принадлежащие ему палубные истребители Су-33 системами СВП-24-33, которые повышают точность применения ракет, авиабомб и боеприпасов к авиационному стрелково-пушечному вооружению. Об этом агентству «Интерфакс» сообщил источник в оборонно-промышленном комплексе.


    Russian MoD decided, that RuNAVY will modernize all remaining Su-33 in their fleet with SVP-24-33 after their excellent results in Syria.

    Considering, that SVP display is also radar display, I wonder what changes radar get to be compatible with SVP-24-33
    The is a sub-system called Review-РВБ-Т in SVP-24 complex. That is signal processor, used to convert radar signal to become video signal and display on OR4-TM color TV or/and VM-10 LCD or/and  any MFD and project on Kai-24P HUD's glassed (through BFI block).


    Last edited by kopyo-21 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    kopyo-21

    Posts : 205
    Points : 207
    Join date : 2013-08-21
    Location : Bangkok - Thailand

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  kopyo-21 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:16 am

    GarryB wrote:I rather suspect the Gefest & T upgrade system is designed to work with what ever MFD or HUDs or radars are already fitted to the aircraft.

    Needing to replace any of the above would just make things more expensive.

    If you think of it as a bombing computer that calculates trajectories and impact points in real time then all it really needs is data about the aircraft it is on (ie altitude, speed, etc) and target information from existing sensors like a targeting pod or onboard radar or IRST... and of course information about the ordinance carried... ie weight and drag.

    They might take the opportunity to upgrade other things while they are at it but I doubt it would be essential.
    I don't think all of HUDs can intergrated well with BFI to project data/images on the HUD. There is a rumor that the Gefest & T Su-33s will have new HUD to replace the old ILS-31.
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3914
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  medo on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:29 pm

    There is one problem, that old basic radar and fundamental FCS computer is not compatible with any such new thing without upgrade or modernization. KNAAPO, which is a producer of Su-33 could not integrate L-150 Pastel RWR and satellite navigation into FCS computer without upgrade like in Su-27SM modernization package. Gefest didn't modernize any Flanker before, but there were two operational modernization packages. KNAAPO Su-27SM package which is made only in KNAAPO by KNAAPO and Su-30KN package from Irkut, which sold it to Belarus. Both have the same capabilities as SVP-24 inside. Modernization went in Zhukovsky, so I see no reason, why wouldn't Gefest simply buy Su-30KN modernization components from Belarus and build them in Su-33. Don't forget that there was a delay in Angolan Su-30KN upgrades.

    I still think, they have bought upgraded FCS computer to install this SVP-24 capabilities and to install SATNAV and new data link, which are basic items for SVP-24 to work. Maybe they also integrate L-150 Pastel in it and could Su-33 now use Kh-31P anti-radar missiles.
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2461
    Points : 2470
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  eehnie on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:35 pm

    franco wrote:
    medo wrote:http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5878e8849a794719284dc0f9

    Минобороны России решило оснастить в 2017–2018 годах все принадлежащие ему палубные истребители Су-33 системами СВП-24-33, которые повышают точность применения ракет, авиабомб и боеприпасов к авиационному стрелково-пушечному вооружению. Об этом агентству «Интерфакс» сообщил источник в оборонно-промышленном комплексе.


    Russian MoD decided, that RuNAVY will modernize all remaining Su-33 in their fleet with SVP-24-33 after their excellent results in Syria.

    Considering, that SVP display is also radar display, I wonder what changes radar get to be compatible with SVP-24-33

    Good news for around 20 aircraft...

    I agree. The SU-33 has a future.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  Guest on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:00 am

    eehnie wrote:
    franco wrote:
    medo wrote:http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5878e8849a794719284dc0f9

    Минобороны России решило оснастить в 2017–2018 годах все принадлежащие ему палубные истребители Су-33 системами СВП-24-33, которые повышают точность применения ракет, авиабомб и боеприпасов к авиационному стрелково-пушечному вооружению. Об этом агентству «Интерфакс» сообщил источник в оборонно-промышленном комплексе.


    Russian MoD decided, that RuNAVY will modernize all remaining Su-33 in their fleet with SVP-24-33 after their excellent results in Syria.

    Considering, that SVP display is also radar display, I wonder what changes radar get to be compatible with SVP-24-33

    Good news for around 20 aircraft...

    I agree. The SU-33 has a future.

    Future which is projected to be no longer than 8 years after overhaul.
    avatar
    kopyo-21

    Posts : 205
    Points : 207
    Join date : 2013-08-21
    Location : Bangkok - Thailand

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  kopyo-21 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:35 am

    medo wrote:There is one problem, that old basic radar and fundamental FCS computer is not compatible with any such new thing without upgrade or modernization. KNAAPO, which is a producer of Su-33 could not integrate L-150 Pastel RWR and satellite navigation into FCS computer without upgrade like in Su-27SM modernization package. Gefest didn't modernize any Flanker before, but there were two operational modernization packages. KNAAPO Su-27SM package which is made only in KNAAPO by KNAAPO and Su-30KN package from Irkut, which sold it to Belarus. Both have the same capabilities as SVP-24 inside. Modernization went in Zhukovsky, so I see no reason, why wouldn't Gefest simply buy Su-30KN modernization components from Belarus and build them in Su-33. Don't forget that there was a delay in Angolan Su-30KN upgrades.

    I still think, they have bought upgraded FCS computer to install this SVP-24 capabilities and to install SATNAV and new data link, which are basic items for SVP-24 to work. Maybe they also integrate L-150 Pastel in it and could Su-33 now use Kh-31P anti-radar missiles.
    Gefest & T complexes do nothing with aircraft's FCS computer.

    Their complexes just have a higher capability than others to provide both pilot and weapon controller the real-time targets/battlefield situation awareness, determine precisely aircraft's motions/coordinates, programe the best aircraft's envelope to approach the targets and calculate accurately the unguided ammunition ballistic and the time to automatically release them. Ofcourse other aircafts like Su-24M2 (Sukhoi's upgrade proposal), Su-34 and Su-27SM/SM can do like that but at the lower quanlity and lest accuracy.
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2461
    Points : 2470
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  eehnie on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:55 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    franco wrote:
    medo wrote:http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5878e8849a794719284dc0f9

    Минобороны России решило оснастить в 2017–2018 годах все принадлежащие ему палубные истребители Су-33 системами СВП-24-33, которые повышают точность применения ракет, авиабомб и боеприпасов к авиационному стрелково-пушечному вооружению. Об этом агентству «Интерфакс» сообщил источник в оборонно-промышленном комплексе.


    Russian MoD decided, that RuNAVY will modernize all remaining Su-33 in their fleet with SVP-24-33 after their excellent results in Syria.

    Considering, that SVP display is also radar display, I wonder what changes radar get to be compatible with SVP-24-33

    Good news for around 20 aircraft...

    I agree. The SU-33 has a future.

    Future which is projected to be no longer than 8 years after overhaul.

    Link?
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3914
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  medo on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:13 pm

    I doubt RuNAVY will modernize all Su-33 fleet with SVP-24-33 and restart engine production for such short period. I have no doubt, that MiG-29K/KUB will take serving their duty on the Kuz carrier, while Su-33 will serve on ground bases. True, Northern fleet is also receiving Su-30SM fighters, but Su-33 will be still very useful jet over Arctic sea.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  Guest on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:35 am

    eehnie wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    franco wrote:
    medo wrote:http://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5878e8849a794719284dc0f9

    Минобороны России решило оснастить в 2017–2018 годах все принадлежащие ему палубные истребители Су-33 системами СВП-24-33, которые повышают точность применения ракет, авиабомб и боеприпасов к авиационному стрелково-пушечному вооружению. Об этом агентству «Интерфакс» сообщил источник в оборонно-промышленном комплексе.


    Russian MoD decided, that RuNAVY will modernize all remaining Su-33 in their fleet with SVP-24-33 after their excellent results in Syria.

    Considering, that SVP display is also radar display, I wonder what changes radar get to be compatible with SVP-24-33

    Good news for around 20 aircraft...

    I agree. The SU-33 has a future.

    Future which is projected to be no longer than 8 years after overhaul.

    Link?

    You need link for that? Bahahha Smile go away please.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14941
    Points : 15440
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  George1 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:48 pm

    Russian Naval Aviation to Overhaul, Boost Helicopter Fleet by 2025

    The Russian Navy has begun overhauling its fleet of shipborne helicopters as part of a state arms procurement program running into 2025, the Russian Defense Ministry’s press office said Wednesday.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — It will receive state-of-the-art Kamov Ka-52K attack choppers, Ka-31R radar surveillance helicopters and Ka-226T on-deck helicopters, as well as revamped Ka-27PL anti-submarine choppers already in service.

    https://sputniknews.com/military/201703151051617821-russia-naval-aviation/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9372
    Points : 9454
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:24 pm

    George1 wrote:.......................
    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — It will receive state-of-the-art Kamov Ka-52K attack choppers, Ka-31R radar surveillance helicopters and Ka-226T on-deck helicopters, as well as revamped Ka-27PL anti-submarine choppers already in service..............

    https://sputniknews.com/military/201703151051617821-russia-naval-aviation/

    I heard speculations before but this is first time I see actual report that Navy will get Ka-226.

    Which ship classes do you guys think will use these choppers? Coast Guard is safe bet but what about Navy ships?
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3914
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  medo on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:23 pm

    Most probably 22160 patrol ship. Smaller helicopter need less space.

    Sponsored content

    Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:28 pm