Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian ABM Development

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 6385
    Points : 6377
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  Isos on Fri May 08, 2020 1:03 pm

    Their nuclear missiles are US ones. They can't use them without US codes green light.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

    Posts : 1126
    Points : 1284
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India || भारत

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  Sujoy on Fri May 08, 2020 2:26 pm

    owais.usmani wrote:

    And what will happen to London after that?
    Obviously Russia can hit back with vengeance. That's not the point. What I was trying to highlight is how sinister the UK's gameplan is.

    Re the use of US made nuclear warheads by the UK, Russian analyst Dmitry Stefanovich makes a well rounded analysis in this piece

    https://russiancouncil.ru/en/analytics-and-comments/analytics/the-british-nuclear-trident/

    He says not much is known about how the UK is designing nuclear warheads. And while some of the warheads are indeed of US origin it is plausible that the UK has designed some nuclear warheads of its own.





    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 7036
    Points : 7185
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  kvs on Fri May 08, 2020 3:25 pm

    Sujoy wrote:
    owais.usmani wrote:

    And what will happen to London after that?
    Obviously Russia can hit back with vengeance. That's not the point. What I was trying to highlight is how sinister the UK's gameplan is.

    Re the use of US made nuclear warheads by the UK, Russian analyst Dmitry Stefanovich makes a well rounded analysis in this piece

    https://russiancouncil.ru/en/analytics-and-comments/analytics/the-british-nuclear-trident/

    He says not much is known about how the UK is designing nuclear warheads. And while some of the warheads are indeed of US origin it is plausible that the UK has designed some nuclear warheads of its own.


    That is why I refer to NATO as NATzO. These racist turds are like they were in the 1930s with the same dreams of genocide.

    That is why NATzO is engaged in rabid revisionism. Even Croatia is now pretending it was fighting the Nazis during WWII.
    All the Nazis are now anti-Russian "freedom fighters". The real Nazis are being slowly morphed into some sort of fiction.
    Eventually WWII will be presented as a battle between the "free" west and the "un-free" USSR.



    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 4830
    Points : 4808
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri May 08, 2020 8:55 pm

    kvs wrote:
    Sujoy wrote:
    owais.usmani wrote:

    And what will happen to London after that?
    Obviously Russia can hit back with vengeance. That's not the point. What I was trying to highlight is how sinister the UK's gameplan is.

    Re the use of US made nuclear warheads by the UK, Russian analyst Dmitry Stefanovich makes a well rounded analysis in this piece

    https://russiancouncil.ru/en/analytics-and-comments/analytics/the-british-nuclear-trident/

    He says not much is known about how the UK is designing nuclear warheads. And while some of the warheads are indeed of US origin it is plausible that the UK has designed some nuclear warheads of its own.


    That is why I refer to NATO as NATzO.   These racist turds are like they were in the 1930s with the same dreams of genocide.

    That is why NATzO is engaged in rabid revisionism.   Even Croatia is now pretending it was fighting the Nazis during WWII.
    All the Nazis are now anti-Russian "freedom fighters".   The real Nazis are being slowly morphed into some sort of fiction.
    Eventually WWII will be presented as a battle between the "free" west and the "un-free" USSR.




    I know. This revisionism BS is getting too far.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 26232
    Points : 26778
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  GarryB on Sat May 09, 2020 7:56 am

    So the U.K does have elaborate plan to nuke Moscow. Their assessment suggest 96% of Moscow's inhabitants will be wiped out in a nuclear strike.

    http://www.banthebomb.org/images/stories/pdfs/ifbritainfiredtrident.pdf

    I'm quite sure, they have similar plans in store to nuke India as well.

    A core problem to this idea is that the S-400 can engage targets moving at 4.8km per second, which means Trident is probably not safe from S-400 and the moscow ABM system and upgrades like Nudol and of course the soon to be introduced S-500 might also render their deterrence not so effective... but the UK has nothing at all like any of those systems... not even THAAD would protect them...
    RTN
    RTN

    Posts : 311
    Points : 290
    Join date : 2014-03-24
    Location : Fairfield, CT

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  RTN on Sat May 09, 2020 11:59 am

    Sujoy wrote:So the U.K does have elaborate plan to nuke Moscow. Their assessment suggest 96% of Moscow's inhabitants will be wiped out in a nuclear strike.

    http://www.banthebomb.org/images/stories/pdfs/ifbritainfiredtrident.pdf

    I'm quite sure, they have similar plans in store to nuke India as well.

    What are the possibilities that india might survive such a nuclear strike long enough to retaliate?
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

    Posts : 1126
    Points : 1284
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India || भारत

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  Sujoy on Sat May 09, 2020 12:31 pm

    RTN wrote:What are the possibilities that india might survive such a nuclear strike long enough to retaliate?

    We/India are unlikely to survive a massive western or Chinese nuclear strike. Even if we do we don't have the second strike capability to hit UK and US. Maybe we can strike parts of China but that's assuming Chinese ABM shield is not effective enough. GarryB, has already explained how Russia can hit back. India doesn't have those capabilities. (See GarryB's post below)

    GarryB wrote:A core problem to this idea is that the S-400 can engage targets moving at 4.8km per second, which means Trident is probably not safe from S-400 and the moscow ABM system and upgrades like Nudol and of course the soon to be introduced S-500 might also render their deterrence not so effective... but the UK has nothing at all like any of those systems... not even THAAD would protect them.

    The thing is if a Western nuclear warhead hits India, how can we figure out if it was fired from a British nuclear submarine or a US one? The warhead will be the same. The U.S is already spending Billions of dollars to develop Plutonium core projects that will give birth to a new generation of nuclear warheads.

    https://www.defensenews.com/smr/nuclear-arsenal/2020/05/06/us-must-move-ahead-with-work-on-nukes-says-nuclear-security-boss/

    But maybe the U.S, U.K will not carry out a massive nuclear strike against India. They have enough people across India ( in politics, bureaucracy, media,judiciary, military) who for a few million dollars will be more than willing to plant a series of "Dirty Bombs" across India. The Bhopal Gas disaster of 1984 is an example of how the West will target India.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 26232
    Points : 26778
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  GarryB on Sun May 10, 2020 2:04 am

    What are the possibilities that india might survive such a nuclear strike long enough to retaliate?

    Britain on its own does not have enough nukes to kill everyone in India, but the backlash from everyone else would likely destroy Britain... they would become a pariah, and that is ignoring what the Indian people would do...

    India couldn't stop such an attack and has limited means to retaliate, though they do have an SSN provided by Russia on lease that might be tasked with delivering nuclear warhead armed Brahmos missiles and torpedos to Britain... I don't think it would be nuclear weapon compatible in the form they have it.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

    Posts : 1126
    Points : 1284
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India || भारत

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  Sujoy on Sun May 10, 2020 7:32 am

    GarryB wrote:Britain on its own does not have enough nukes to kill everyone in India, but the backlash from everyone else would likely destroy Britain... they would become a pariah, and that is ignoring what the Indian people would do...

    India couldn't stop such an attack and has limited means to retaliate, though they do have an SSN provided by Russia on lease that might be tasked with delivering nuclear warhead armed Brahmos missiles and torpedos to Britain... I don't think it would be nuclear weapon compatible in the form they have it.

    It will be a combined strike along with U.S. Since the missiles/warheads are the same, India won't be able to determine if the strike was carried out by the UK or US.

    But maybe the U.S, U.K will not carry out a massive nuclear strike against India. They have enough people across India ( in politics, bureaucracy, media,judiciary, military) who for a few million dollars will be more than willing to plant a series of "Dirty Bombs" across India. The Bhopal Gas disaster of 1984 is an example of how the West will target India.


    GarryB wrote: they would become a pariah, and that is ignoring what the Indian people would do..

    Unlikely. This is one of the perks, perquisite of being an Anglo-Saxon state. Had such a nuclear strike being carried out by Russia then of course what you are saying would have come to pass.

    In the last 60 years, US, UK has killed thousands of innocents people in Korea, Vietnam, Mexico, Middle East and Africa. They never became a pariah and they never will regardless of how many millions of people they kill.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 26232
    Points : 26778
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  GarryB on Sun May 10, 2020 9:52 am

    Yeah, I am just not buying it.

    The west would like to destroy China or Russia because they are potential rivals to the hearts and minds of the majority of the humans on this planet... hearts and minds the west wants to enslave to make them cheap shoes and jeans and Ipads...

    India in comparison is a seriously large chunk of those hearts and minds that will be put to good use making cheap jeans and shoes and ipads for the western consumer... but the problem is that it is broken... with all the manufacturing jobs shifted off shore westerners are out of jobs so they can't afford their consumerist lifestyles... so the big rich western companies are likely going to restyle their adverts and products for the third world market and get all these new workers to buy their shit... it makes no sense for them to then nuke their new consumer base...

    The Bhopal Gas disaster of 1984 is an example of how the West will target India.

    That outrage is just evidence of what I am talking about... dangerous stuff is made in India where safety can be lax and therefore cheap, and workers are even cheaper and totally expendable... most westerners would have no idea what it even means but they know exactly what Chernobyl means... except they think Chernobyl is in Russia of course...

    If Bhopal Gas was a subsidiary of Gazprom everyone would know it better than Chernobyl but because it was an American company that essentially murdered those people and ran away and dodged responsibility for all those decades it is forgotten in the west.

    Unlikely. This is one of the perks, perquisite of being an Anglo-Saxon state. Had such a nuclear strike being carried out by Russia then of course what you are saying would have come to pass.

    To a degree you are right sadly, but there is no way they could use nuclear weapons and get away with it even with an ignorant western audience... I suspect the Russians would supply the means they need to get their revenge... and I dare say I think even the Chinese would be careful not to notice or interrupt that revenge because there are plenty in the US who think Kissengers ploy to play the Chinese off against the Soviets was a master stroke of genius and that for the last few years Kissenger has been suggesting they repeat the recipe by sucking up to the Russians and using them against the Chinese... but the Chinese were not idiots... they didn't care about the US or the Soviets but they appreciated the investment and growth, but Russia is not stupid enough to think the US would be friends with them for any reason other than to destroy the Chinese and then once that was done Russia would be next because that is how the US rolls.

    In the last 60 years, US, UK has killed thousands of innocents people in Korea, Vietnam, Mexico, Middle East and Africa. They never became a pariah and they never will regardless of how many millions of people they kill.

    Because they control the narrative and they are writing history... and they do it all with the best of intentions... I am sure Satan would use the same arguments... I am not bad, I am just misunderstood he would say... from your perspective I am bad but from my perspective I am good and you are bad....

    Sponsored content

    Russian ABM Development - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian ABM Development

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:27 am