Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+70
fragmachine
par far
T-44
x_54_u43
JohninMK
ult
Khepesh
Project Canada
Neirdark
zg18
AlfaT8
OminousSpudd
Glyph
Cucumber Khan
Walther von Oldenburg
jhelb
PapaDragon
Berkut
Cyrus the great
VladimirSahin
Mak Sime
2SPOOKY4U
Mike E
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
magnumcromagnon
Alex555
marcellogo
collegeboy16
Werewolf
Stealthflanker
Austin
volna
Brovich
berhoum
Big_Gazza
Cyberspec
George1
mack8
franco
THX-15
whir
Morpheus Eberhardt
Book.
Rmf
max steel
victor1985
Mindstorm
archangelski
Flanky
flamming_python
sepheronx
higurashihougi
Acheron
AJ-47
BKP
Kyo
Flyboy77
chicken
Viktor
KoTeMoRe
cracker
Dima
KomissarBojanchev
mutantsushi
kvs
alexZam
Zivo
Regular
xeno
74 posters

[Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

Werewolf
    Werewolf

[Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

Post  Werewolf Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:38 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:[Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 27 DD0ybz0

+1 Nice pic.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

[Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Am I the only person whom Armata's turret reminds of T-34? Shocked Embarassed It certainly does not look like the turret of T-90 or whatever III generation tank.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Am I the only person whom Armata's turret reminds of T-34? Shocked Embarassed It certainly does not look like the turret of T-90 or whatever III generation tank.

No, you are not. It looks exactly like T-34. thumbsup

Classics are classics for a reason. russia
    Cucumber Khan

Post  Cucumber Khan Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:55 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Am I the only person whom Armata's turret reminds of T-34? Shocked Embarassed It certainly does not look like the turret of T-90 or whatever III generation tank.

If you squint and kinda turns your head...I still don't think it look much like a T-34 turret Smile

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Cucumber Khan wrote:

If you squint and kinda turns your head...I still don't think it look much like a T-34 turret Smile
    Maybe by its shape alone no. But when looking at the turret when attached to the hull the T-14 looks a lot like its great-great-grandfather the T-34. Tank turrets have been getting bigger and bigger before the T-14 in order to accommodate 66%-75% of the crew and all the sensors and other tech in there. Look at the turrets on the T-90, M1, Leopard 2, etc. they are massive, especially in comparison to the the hull. Because of the unmanned turret in the T-14, it eliminates the crew up in the turret allowing it to be smaller similar to how the T-34 turret looks on its hull.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Cucumber Khan wrote:

Maybe by its shape alone no. But when looking at the turret when attached to the hull the T-14 looks a lot like its great-great-grandfather the T-34. Tank turrets have been getting bigger and bigger before the T-14 in order to accommodate 66%-75% of the crew and all the sensors and other tech in there. Look at the turrets on the T-90, M1, Leopard 2, etc. they are massive, especially in comparison to the the hull. Because of the unmanned turret in the T-14, it eliminates the crew up in the turret allowing it to be smaller similar to how the T-34 turret looks on its hull.

The turret itself of the T-90MS is tiny, it appears bigger because of the ammunition bustle, while the turrets of western tanks without ammunition bustle are still big, due more internal space and one man more who is standing straight up with quite lot of space around him.

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Cucumber Khan wrote:

The turret itself of the T-90MS is tiny, it appears bigger because of the ammunition bustle, while the turrets of western tanks without ammunition bustle are still big, due more internal space and one man more who is standing straight up with quite lot of space around him.
    That is fair, a vanilla T-72 turret isn't that large either. Still, when comparing the T-14 with any other MBT in the last 40 years, it has a substantially smaller turret than any of them.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Cucumber Khan wrote:

That is fair, a vanilla T-72 turret isn't that large either. Still, when comparing the T-14 with any other MBT in the last 40 years, it has a substantially smaller turret than any of them.
    Yes.

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:48 am

3D printing in Armata production Question Idea

http://lenta.ru/news/2015/08/06/3dprinter/ (in Russian)
    https://latestnewsresource.com/en/news/proizvoditel-armaty-zapustil-v-rabotu-3d-printer (in English)
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:09 am

The T-90B3 & T-14 models shown at Army-2015 were both 3D printed. Nothing big but interesting nonetheless.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:06 am

Mike E wrote:The T-90B3 & T-14 models shown at Army-2015 were both 3D printed. Nothing big but interesting nonetheless.
    Lets hope UVZ and KurganMash will soon(due o massive russian experience in complex metalurgy) be massively equipped with such printers to serially produce real tank parts.
    Also by T90B3 you mean T-72B3 right?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:13 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    Mike E wrote:The T-90B3 & T-14 models shown at Army-2015 were both 3D printed. Nothing big but interesting nonetheless.
    Lets hope UVZ and KurganMash will soon(due o massive russian experience in complex metalurgy) be massively equipped with such printers to serially produce real tank parts.
    Indeed. 

T-90B3 = T-90 Break-3 = T-90A upgraded to the AM specification. http://vestnik-rm.ru/news-4-12551.htm
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Mike E wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    Indeed. 

T-90B3 = T-90 Break-3 = T-90A upgraded to the AM specification. http://vestnik-rm.ru/news-4-12551.htm

I searched all over if any T-90AMs were bought on Russian forums I just found stuff saying they will be bought, Is there any confirmation?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:40 pm

No new vehicles will be bought, however, there is speculation all T-90A's will be upgraded to this B3 spec. 

It hasn't officially been confirmed, but the display at Army-2015 really, really points to it.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:14 pm

Production Testing of Russia's Armata Tank to End in 2016
    marcellogo
    marcellogo

Post  marcellogo Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:02 am

George1 wrote:Production Testing of Russia's Armata Tank to End in 2016
    Question Question Question
    Quite unclear to me: with production testing they means what in air force are called acceptance trials? To be followed by the state trials?

Or are talking about industrialization phase?
    In first case it means that actual T-14 are just prototypes and state trials are still not begun? Seem me improbable given the numbers of items showed at the parade.
    In the second one the text made not sense at all.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:17 am

My guess is that "production testing" is a form of checking to see the viability of actually producing the vehicle. 

Armata's were seen heading for trials after Victory Day, and I have heard they will be finished sometime next year.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:59 pm

''Russia’s Armata Tank to Lend Its Name to Team-Based Armored Warfare Game ''

''In Russia, a well-known team-based tank game will no longer be called Armored Warfare. Instead, it will be branded as Armored Warfare: Project Armata!''

http://sputniknews.com/military/20150820/1025982477/armata-tank-armored-warfare-game.html

[Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 27 1025976497
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:15 pm

Open top hatch methinks...

[Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 27 SYZYGiP
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Interesting, it's the service hatch apparently.
    Glyph

Post  Glyph Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:38 pm

The RWS weapon is also taken off.

Seems like the maintenance/reload, after trials perhaps.
    Cyrus the great

Post  Cyrus the great Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:42 am

PapaDragon wrote:

How is that possible? I thought an unmanned turret was incompatible with a top hatch.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:45 am

Cyrus the great wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

How is that possible? I thought an unmanned turret was incompatible with a top hatch.

?

I would imagine it is to be able to gain access to the interior of the turret. To replace stuff, maybe add ammunition, or something.

The hatch doesn't mean that someone could fit in it or supposed to go inside (well, maybe for maintenance sake, possibly).
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:50 am

^ What Sepheronx said. It is a service hatch, and seemingly this was after trailing.
    Cyrus the great

Post  Cyrus the great Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:54 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

?

I would imagine it is to be able to gain access to the interior of the turret.  To replace stuff, maybe add ammunition, or something.

The hatch doesn't mean that someone could fit in it or supposed to go inside (well, maybe for maintenance sake, possibly).

That makes sense. Thank you for explaining that to me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:54 pm