Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Skandalwitwe
Tsavo Lion
OminousSpudd
jhelb
dino00
Arrow
Tingsay
Stealthflanker
slasher
crod
zorobabel
Neutrality
Godric
Aristide
Airman
ATLASCUB
ultimatewarrior
Airbornewolf
miketheterrible
Nibiru
lycantrop
medo
AbdulhamidtheSecond
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
PapaDragon
franco
Karl Haushofer
Visc
Austin
par far
nomadski
eehnie
Dima
starman
kvs
George1
Isos
AlfaT8
auslander
schaff
KiloGolf
JohninMK
calm
Walther von Oldenburg
HUNTER VZLA
KoTeMoRe
d_taddei2
LMFS
KomissarBojanchev
Hannibal Barca
A Different Voice
BKP
flamming_python
Vann7
GarryB
archangelski
Mindless_drone
yavar
63 posters

Syrian War: News #18

Isos
    Isos

Syrian War: News #18 - Page 28 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #18

Post  Isos Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:36 am

11:18
    Russian Defense Ministry Views Provocative Israeli Actions in Syria as Hostile
    "We see these provocative actions of Israel as hostile," Konashenkov said, adding that 15 Russian servicemen were killed as a result of the "irresponsible actions" of Israel's Defense Forces, which violated "the spirit of the Israeli-Russian partnership."

According to the spokesman, the Russian Defense Ministry reserves the right to an "adequate response" following the Israeli attack.

Fuck just load those damn tupolevs Rolling Eyes
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:39 am

Taking out airbases is a full-scale declaration of war, if Russia does that it better be ready for war with Isreal and I don't mind a light war, I mean a real war, nevermind isreal has nukes. so that's a really dangerous game to play.

Yeah, but Russia has more and w/ better deliverability, and unlike Iz, Russia isn't the size of a postage stamp.

We don't even know if this pilot acted on orders or if he did this to save his own skin in the end. It's one thing is they told him to do it, itdelivery 's another if he acted on his own accord.

They've been fucking around forever while openly boasting about it. It is well past time that they learn that they are far from invulnerable.

The best way for them to respond is to attack any isreal aircraft that try and attack Syrian soil.

I'd say we're now past that point. See what happens though.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:42 am

Frankly, I doubt they will do anything, will just make threats and move on like always.

What a shame tho Russia doesn't have many maritime patrol craft the loss of one is a big one for them.

Another thing is if I am a soldier for Russia in Syria why the fuck am I going to risk my ass if my own country won't support me when I need it or do something about it if someone pulls a stunt like this.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 am

It's costing them dearly.

What many of you are forgetting is Putin's massive drop in popularity. Russians on average are now demanding a response. If not one is given, expect eventually Putin to be impeached and someone scary but with balls be sent in.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 am

I do agree. Russia has high tolerance for the loss of their own. Culture I guess.

Edit: No one's gonna impeach the Russian's establishment favorite man. For that you'll need the FSB and they're as loyal to the man as they can be.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:46 am

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201809181068121621-france-russia-plane-syria/

RuMoD shared a map you can see here. Can anyone post the map here I can"t.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:49 am

Isos wrote:https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201809181068121621-france-russia-plane-syria/

RuMoD shared a map you can see here. Can anyone post the map here I can"t.

Syrian War: News #18 - Page 28 10681210
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:54 am

ATLASCUB wrote:I do agree. Russia has high tolerance for the loss of their own. Culture I guess.

Edit: No one's gonna impeach the Russian's establishment favorite man. For that you'll need the FSB and they're as loyal to the man as they can be.

Not if the majority of people have a say.

There is already major shake ups because of Communist party and LDPR gaining huge territory in recent elections. United Russia lost a lot of seats

Judging by that map, those S-400 are easily able to take out those F-16's. Seeing as they didn't, even Russians saying that Putin is sucking on that kosher dick sounds about right.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:55 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:I do agree. Russia has high tolerance for the loss of their own. Culture I guess.

There is already major shake ups because of Communist party and LDPR gaining huge territory in recent elections. United Russia lost a lot of seats

Since when do the majority have a say? Cmon now... lol1

Likely to happen:

Bibi probably apologizes - public or private. Then talk about better "coordination" and the set up of some "communication line" to inform Russia of whatever...

Unlikely to happen: Syria gets S300's. Russia closes the Syrian airspace to Israel...and by that I mean no airstrikes allowed - on "Iranian" targets or otherwise...

It's so predictable.... if it weresn't so sad...for the servicemen that is...

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:56 am

Another thing is if I am a soldier for Russia in Syria why the fuck am I going to risk my ass if my own country won't support me when I need it or do something about it if someone pulls a stunt like this.

Actually, the willingness of Russian servicemen to execute retaliation is the last thing that is at issue.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:56 am

Since elections. Especially recent ones. Guess you didn't get the hint after Putin apparently went mad on medvedev for losing out far east to commies.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:58 am

BKP wrote:

Actually, the willingness of Russian servicemen to execute retaliation is the last thing that is at issue.

You don't understand I don't mean retaliation I mean in general. Like being there day to day
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

That's the other thing. If the soldiers become disgruntled cause their useless fuck of a leader let's them die for no reason, they will also turn on him.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:00 am

ATLASCUB wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Likely to happen:

Bibi probably apologizes - public or private. Then talk about better "coordination" and the set up of some "communication line" to inform Russia of whatever...

Unlikely to happen: Syria gets S300's. Russia closes the Syrian airspace to Israel...and by that I mean no airstrikes allowed - on "Iranian" targets or otherwise...

Well seems the Russian and Isreali defense ministers are talking, so yeah this is going to be blown under the rug like always. Love when people tell me Russia has backbone yer they never seem to do shit in response.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:01 am

miketheterrible wrote:That's the other thing. If the soldiers become disgruntled cause their useless fuck of a leader let's them die for no reason, they will also turn on him.

I will say this... whomever suggested to Putin that appeasing Israel was the correct strategy must feel pretty good he'll never face the judgement of the loved ones of the servicemen that died. Ultimately though, Putin bears the responsibility as commander in chief - we'll know this strategy was a politcal one. The embarrassment in diplomatic circles must be off-the-roof.

Picture perfect Boomerang. When you know it wasn't the Israeli's who are responsible for the death of your own but your own stupidity. Somewhere some Iranian is grinning...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:13 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Likely to happen:

Well seems the Russian and Isreali defense ministers are talking, so yeah this is going to be blown under the rug like always. Love when people tell me Russia has backbone yer they never seem to do shit in response.

Apparently the phone call was brief with Shoigu blaming Israel stating they have right to respond. Israel said nothing so far.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 am

Well some of you are irate and fuming for immediate payback, while others are gloating up your sleeves and trying to rub salt in the wound. But none of us know what, exactly, is going to happen because of this. Certitudes are ridiculous when it comes to this stuff.

By the way, trying to negotiate with Iz was the right thing to do. But, the temple-locks are treacherous, as we consistently see.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:25 am

One thing is apparent is that Russia will drastically increase it's assets at the airforce base in Syria. From rumors of course.

Shit counter strategy

"Get hit hard. Increase base assets. Time goes on and people forget. Reduce assets at base. Rinse and repeat."

Even Putin thinks we are all stupid.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:29 am

The link is to a map, produced by the Russians of what got hit. Basically it looks like a strike by IAF F-16s using GBU-39 SDB glide bombs.

Rob Lee
    ‏ @RALee85
    55m55 minutes ago

The Russian MoD has released a graphic of last night's Israeli air strike. It claims that Israel dropped GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs, which have a range of ~60 nautical miles depending on release altitude. https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3346531.html

Qalaat Al Mudiq‏ @QalaatAlMudiq 26m26 minutes ago

#Syria: #Russia|n MoD released a map (via @yarinah1) showing 4 sites allegedly bombed yesterday by #Israel near #Latakia: #SyAF Aerodrome, Aluminium Factory (Industrial Area), Military Base & Oil/Fuel Storage.

#Pt. Note: no #SyAF airfield is documented in #Latakia-city.

Syrian War: News #18 - Page 28 DnXRKD-WsAAxcfG

Map with added S-200 batteries

Syrian War: News #18 - Page 28 DnXbYStXsAAKb1e

EDIT

Russia is holding Israel accountable.

Private Joker
    ‏ @pfc_joker
    1h1 hour ago

UPD: acc. to RuMoD the IL-20 was downed by an S-200/SA-5 missile. It certainly has the range to hit an aircraft 35 km offshore.

Last edited by JohninMK on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am; edited 4 times in total
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:30 am

miketheterrible wrote:One thing is apparent is that Russia will drastically increase it's assets at the airforce base in Syria. From rumors of course.

Shit counter strategy

"Get hit hard. Increase base assets. Time goes on and people forget. Reduce assets at base. Rinse and repeat."

Israel has 320 fighters. 400/500 kh-101, kh-59, kalibr and iskander could deal with it before tomorrow.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 am

Hans de Vreij
    ‏ @hdevreij
    7h7 hours ago

Syria: Russian Black Sea Fleet tug 'Prof. Nikolay Muru' has left Tartus harbor heading for Latakia. Likely participating in a search & rescue mission for the downed Russian Il-20 aircraft.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 am

One thing is apparent is that Russia will drastically increase it's assets at the airforce base in Syria. From rumors of course.

Shit counter strategy

Yes, or maybe they'll drastically increase AD assets and declare an NFZ west of the Euphrates. Maybe other things instead or additionally. I think this is a bigger deal than anything that has happened so far. Pretty sure Russians will escalate now. But, perhaps not. Can't say for sure at this point.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:40 am

That's the thing. Russia has all the necessary assets to stop Israel perminantly but they won't do shit. Kalibr alone would destroy all Israeli bases, even if Israel managed to knock out half of the missiles.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:41 am

miketheterrible wrote:

Judging by that map, those S-400 are easily able to take out those F-16's.  Seeing as they didn't, even Russians saying that Putin is sucking on that kosher dick sounds about right.

You have been one of the biggest fanboys of Putin.. Why took you so many years to change?   lol1   When it comes to Syria , Putin policies of patience is the only thing he could do ,if he don't wanted to waste the Russian budget saving Syria from NATO backed terrorist..

The only way to properly defend Syria will have been a full army deployment with hundreds of combat planes in All Syrian cities ,by Russia military ,and you have any idea how that will cost? and a policy of zero tolerance for NATO or ISrael attacks on Syria.. that will have worked ,but the price to pay for that ,.. is exactly what NATO was aiming,when they recruited ALqaeda and ISIS and gave weapons to them to over run syria. So the Syrian war ,
    Is an ECONOMIC WAR.. from any angle you see it.. is the ultimate goal.. to starve Russia economy in a vietnam in Syria.. the humiliation of Russian military and airforce and Putin was a bonus. and with a bit more luck a civil unrest in Russia..demanding Russia military to leave Syria.. after too many Russian army casualties..

So this means that even me.. who dislike Putin more than anyone ,and think he should have resigned long time ago ,for its lack of leadership and ambitions , can see why Putin policies in Syria (and in Ukraine are the way they are). Putin mistake in Syria ,was decades old , into not pressuring Assad into become allied with Americans.. and avoid an IRAQ like war invasion in their nation.. Follow a Policy more similar to Jordan , that way Russia will not have to come in their defense.. Putin one of his major mistakes is to encourage nations to resist NATO giving them false hopes that Russia will come in their Rescue later.. But any competent leader , the most important thing he can make ,when rise to power like in Russia, is to understand the Limitations of their country . predict what kind of conflicts Russia can expect in which places in the world.. and if Russia economy can't afford to save anyone ,and only Russia.. then he needs to retreat and develop a policy contained to Russian borders ,of trying to get allies on all its borders..But Putin allowed Ukraine to fall to American influence.. Russia economy only allows Russia to defend inside Russia or near its borders..but not far from Russia ,or even less when a nation can be encircled by NATO or its allies..as Syria ,Serbia ,Venezuela ,Nicaragua ,Cuba are..  Is not Syria ,or middle east,or IRAN or North Korea , is not rejected countries the ones Russia needs to influence.. the nations that Russia really needs to influence.. are EU instead..Japan , or even US and UK..and ofcourse CHina too.. every nation can be influenced.. and if Putin was not so disconnected with the world he lives , so disconnected into how US influence the world.. he then will have developed a plan to get Europe and Ukraine out of NATO orbit .other than offer gas discounts.. Laughing   Putin ignorance and lack of ambitions for Russia is what is causing the problems Russia is face today.. As i said many times ,Russia have an Influence problem.. that is not influential enough with he most powerful and developed nations..(where it really matters).
    Is a leadership problem.. what Russia face.. and this is why only rejected countries are the only ones that ask an alliance with Russia .  Putin understand that he needs to influence the west... the problem is ,he is doing it in the wrong way.  The olympics.. what is this is not a major investment to promote nations to come closer to Russia ?
    But the olympics are gone.. nobody give a damn about it... so is wasted money.. Since Russia is not rich ,and have to limit its budget ,Putin should better invest in things that will promote Russia influence in the world forever.. a More ambitious Russian space program , as for example ,will have been far better than Sochi and world cup.. combined.. with the ~60 billions $ USD Russia spent in winning meaningless medals..they could have funded a moon and mars manned explorations projects.. and get more respect in the world and more influence.

Last edited by Vann7 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:45 am

If true this puts a very different slant on it

Yuri Lyamin
    ‏ @imp_navigator
    2h2 hours ago

Acc to the Russian MoD, the Russian Il-20 was shot down due to Israel's fault. The Israeli jets deliberately covered themselves with the approaching IL-20 when they came to attack targets on the coast of Syria. As result Il-20 was shot down by Syrian S-200 SAM.

Edit

Looks true, Israeli F-16s carry DFRM jamming pods while conducting airstrikes on Syria, this and them masking with the Russian Il-20 can for sure trigger a friendly fire accident.

Last edited by JohninMK on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:28 am