Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
Podlodka77
Atmosphere
limb
TMA1
mnztr
Big_Gazza
thegopnik
Tsavo Lion
Arrow
kvs
George1
Hole
LMFS
dino00
Benya
hoom
HM1199
Enera
Rmf
Tolstoy
RTN
Book.
Isos
franco
x_54_u43
Kimppis
GJ Flanker
Vann7
jhelb
Austin
sepheronx
2SPOOKY4U
whir
GunshipDemocracy
victor1985
max steel
AlfaT8
Walther von Oldenburg
Morpheus Eberhardt
MarshallJukov
NickM
Stealthflanker
ahmedfire
magnumcromagnon
flamming_python
Viktor
Mike E
Werewolf
Mindstorm
GarryB
CaptainPakistan
calripson
Cyberspec
Rpg type 7v
Flanky
medo
60 posters

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

GJ Flanker
    GJ Flanker

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

Post  GJ Flanker Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:48 am

Putin called it, a long time ago, asymmetric countermeasures!

Vann7 wrote:
    and to make things more harder to believe..ridiculous over the top.. they also claim ,
    their electronic warfare can be integrated in planes and shut down the air defenses of the enemies.. This is mind blowing.. imagine that?  Shocked

they use as example the shutdown of US aegis system in the donald cook..  lol1
    Man this looks insanely too good to be true.. but will be really amazing if true.  
    Just imagine this?  If Russia counter electronics can disable Aegis ,that is US best defense
    system.. then pretty much Russia should have no problems to invade United States with
    its Airforce and be immune to  any system of defense or missile..  ALbeit Regular cannon fire
    and anti air artillery should work..

Electromagnetic weapon of Russia

Looks like Alien technology to me.. don't know what to think really.. my guess is BS..
    or simply a major exageration. Smile
    Viktor
    Viktor

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

Post  Viktor Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:00 pm

All this ECM equipment is part mostly of PVO units and has been developed and introduced in service since Vietnam war - noting new here in that respect.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:31 am

State defense order for facilities EW "Moscow-1" and "Mercury-BM" fulfilled ahead of schedule

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems - Page 6 CGhvdG9jZG4xLml0YXItdGFzcy5jb20vd2lkdGgvNzQ0X2IxMmYyOTI2L3Rhc3MvbTIvdXBsb2Fkcy9pLzIwMTUwOTI1LzQwOTU1NjguanBnP19faWQ9NjgzMDI=

In the spring it was reported that the Russian military advance got three helicopters Mi-8MTPR EW-1, equipment which allows you to protect a group of aircraft, ships and ground vehicles on the air strikes in a radius of several hundred kilometers, inhibiting multiple targets.

Alexei Panin also said that the plant ahead of schedule this year, the state defense order for the delivery of electronic warfare (EW) "Moscow-1" and "Mercury-BM".

"Shipment of these products by state order in 2015 we have fully completed this year. They have already been delivered to the troops, made the Armed Forces and are serving," - he said.

Who added Panin, Kazan plant produces electronic warfare systems on state defense orders in 2016.

The serial production of modernized systems of electronic warfare (EW) "Arm-AB" will begin within two years, said deputy director general of September 25 issuing this equipment Kazan Optical and Mechanical Plant Alexei Panin.

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems - Page 6 A2FsbWl1cy1pbmZvLnJ1L3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDE1LzAzLzE0MjY0ODM1NDBfMi5qcGc_X19pZD02ODMwMg==

According to him, the supply of the basic version of the "Arm-AB" on the helicopter Mi-8MTPR-1, scheduled for 2015, will be completed in the near future.

"We plan the development of mass production from next 2017 or the upgraded version of the complex - said Panin. - Currently Concern "Radio-electronic technology" finishes development work on the product. "

Deputy director of the plant said that the company "almost every year developing new products in the field of electronic warfare, without stopping the production of previous products." In particular, according to Panin, it is planned to produce new complexes of EW on the chassis of KAMAZ trucks.

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/68302/

Post  Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:02 pm

"Серийное производство модернизированных комплексов радиоэлектронной борьбы (РЭБ) «Рычаг-АВ» начнется в течение двух лет. В настоящее время КРЭТ завершает опытно-конструкторские работы по данному изделию. Поставки базовой версии «Рычаг-АВ» на вертолете Ми-8МТПР-1, запланированные на 2015 год, будут завершены уже в ближайшее время. Об этом сообщил ТАСС заместитель гендиректора выпускающего это оборудование Казанского оптико-механического завода Алексей Панин. «Планируем освоение серийного производства со следующего или с 2017 года модернизированного варианта этого комплекса. В настоящее время концерн «Радиоэлектронные технологии» завершает опытно-конструкторские работы по данному изделию», - заявил он."

Source and the rest of the article: http://kret.com/ru/news/4002/

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems - Page 6 AWMucGljcy5saXZlam91cm5hbC5jb20vaV9rb3JvdGNoZW5rby8yMDQyNzUzNy8xODU2MjU2LzE4NTYyNTZfb3JpZ2luYWwuanBnP19faWQ9NjcxMzk=

Now ill translate it...sort of...

"Serial production of modernised system for radioelectronical warfare Lever-AV (i suppose lever would be appropriate) will begin within 2 years period. In meantime KRET shall finish testing and construction works on it. Initial, basic version of Lever-AV on the base of Mi8MTPR-1 which was planned for 2015. shall be finished very soon. CEO of Kazan Optical and Mechanical Plant Alexei Panin said: "We are planning to start serial production of this modernised system next year or in 2017. In meantime Radioelectronic technologies company is finishing testing and consturcion works on it".

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems - Page 6 CnVzc2lhbnBsYW5lcy5uZXQvaW1hZ2VzL3RvMTczMDAwLzE3MjIzNy5qcGc_X19pZD02NzEzOQ==
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:00 pm

Russia: The King-maker of ECM Warfare since 1905...

About 150 units of electronic warfare hardware used in Russia's Center-2015 drills
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:45 am

The latest electronic warfare systems "Krasuha-4" came to East Military District
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:30 am

Manufacturer: Russian Defense Ministry before the end of the year will receive nine complexes EW "Moscow-1"

"To date, we have delivered four sets of" Moscow-1 " still have to deliver five more. By the end of the year the Ministry of Defense will be delivered nine units. Of course, before the end of the year we will close the contract"

http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/2348752
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Russia’s Winning the Electronic War

In Ukraine and Syria, Russian forces are using high-tech equipment to jam drones and block battlefield communications -- and forcing the U.S. to scramble to catch up.

Spy Planes, Signal Jammers, and Putin’s High-Tech War in Syria

Russian airplanes are battering rebel targets throughout Syria, but Moscow’s use of next-generation surveillance and communications-blocking equipment is packing a growing punch.

Is That an R-330Zh Zhitel on the Road in Crimea?

Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:46 pm

max steel wrote:Russia’s Winning the Electronic War

In Ukraine and Syria, Russian forces are using high-tech equipment to jam drones and block battlefield communications -- and forcing the U.S. to scramble to catch up.

Spy Planes, Signal Jammers, and Putin’s High-Tech War in Syria

Russian airplanes are battering rebel targets throughout Syria, but Moscow’s use of next-generation surveillance and communications-blocking equipment is packing a growing punch.

Is That an R-330Zh Zhitel on the Road in Crimea?

Could someone copy-paste those Foreign Policy articles? Thanks.
    x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Murmansk

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems - Page 6 Origin12
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Part 1 of a 2-part article on Russian EW developments;
    http://vpk-news.ru/articles/27272
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:04 pm

franco wrote:Part 1 of a 2-part article on Russian EW developments;

Anvar Rajabov, 19:01, 5 October 2015
    Author hang noodles on the ears. What are the frequencies of the AWACS he knows, and that 200 megahertz - a UHF band, he does not understand. I saw the aerial banners, and did not understand what a range. And the size of the antenna can determine the wavelength of the radiation. Now, remember the Popova at the time were spark transmitters, frequency band emitted enormous. In the USSR proposed to use such generators for interference-free communication. Sitting on the couch picking your nose, you can not know the parameters of the equipment. Mishandled Cossack!

To me, this article is absolutely useless/pointless.  Not only are they speculating everything (no actual data or evidence), but they are assuming a lot and cutting the systems down quite a bit from what I can read here.  So far, we have a member here who stated how NATO is having a fun time getting info and getting jammed pretty hard.  So I call BS on this article.

Edit: I just read through its article on electronics import substitution and how it wont work. What a load of shit. Didnt even bother even to mention about T-Platforms or their Baikal electronics subsidiary. Didn't bother to talk about the advancements actually made (mentioned a 300mhz elbrus processor but not the Elbrus 4C as an example or upcoming 8C). Then no mention of the Baikal T or upcoming M. No mention the new software available and upcoming. No mention about other plants like the one in St.Pete producing additional components only the one in Kazan, etc. I would say it was a total failure of an article.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:28 am

sepheronx wrote:

Author hang noodles on the ears. What are the frequencies of the AWACS he knows, and that 200 megahertz - a UHF band, he does not understand. I saw the aerial banners, and did not understand what a range. And the size of the antenna can determine the wavelength of the radiation. Now, remember the Popova at the time were spark transmitters, frequency band emitted enormous. In the USSR proposed to use such generators for interference-free communication. Sitting on the couch picking your nose, you can not know the parameters of the equipment. Mishandled Cossack!

To me, this article is absolutely useless/pointless.  Not only are they speculating everything (no actual data or evidence), but they are assuming a lot and cutting the systems down quite a bit from what I can read here.  So far, we have a member here who stated how NATO is having a fun time getting info and getting jammed pretty hard.  So I call BS on this article.

Edit: I just read through its article on electronics import substitution and how it wont work.  What a load of shit.  Didnt even bother even to mention about T-Platforms or their Baikal electronics subsidiary.  Didn't bother to talk about the advancements actually made (mentioned a 300mhz elbrus processor but not the Elbrus 4C as an example or upcoming 8C).  Then no mention of the Baikal T or upcoming M.  No mention the new software available and upcoming.  No mention about other plants like the one in St.Pete producing additional components only the one in Kazan, etc.  I would say it was a total failure of an article.

The good, bad and ugly my friend. The truth always lies somewhere in between.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:31 am

franco wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Edit: I just read through its article on electronics import substitution and how it wont work.  What a load of shit.  Didnt even bother even to mention about T-Platforms or their Baikal electronics subsidiary.  Didn't bother to talk about the advancements actually made (mentioned a 300mhz elbrus processor but not the Elbrus 4C as an example or upcoming 8C).  Then no mention of the Baikal T or upcoming M.  No mention the new software available and upcoming.  No mention about other plants like the one in St.Pete producing additional components only the one in Kazan, etc.  I would say it was a total failure of an article.

Yes it does.  But definitely not on the claims of your link.  Specifically the fact that he doesn't bring to the table evidence but a statement.  We actually do not know the specifications, but what Airbornwolf says is true, then kinda makes this article useless.

His article on the technology aspect of it also gives me indication that this VPK-Name website is garbage 5th column crap.  Cause it really doesn't take much effort to do some research and already disprove a lot of claims. Some of the posts are not bad. But the titles to their pages are cringe worthy, much like the Globe and Mail or the Inquirer.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:57 am

franco wrote:

Hardly the case here, just pure speculative baloney, which is unusual because vpk-news is usual a good site. As far as ECM goes, some of the claims of KRET leading a marketing campaign is pure supposition and hyperbole.

Real world experience is by far the best measuring stick, and why is it so hard to believe Russia has significant lead/advantage in ECM? I mean Russia has been experimenting in ECM warfare/tactics for 110 years, in which successfully deployed ECM tactics back in the 1905 Russo-Japanese war, specifically in the Defense of Port Arthur:

We can also look at NATO exercises with Slovakian S-300 PMU's, one of the most outdated and obsolete versions of the system and the relevance, context and circumstance of their performances against it using NATO standard ECM tactics.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:07 am

KRET general designer said on combating the doctrine of "prompt global strike"
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:57 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:KRET general designer said on combating the doctrine of "prompt global strike"

Should be interesting....EW system to jam the Missile Defence System Radars.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:54 pm

Russia has just unveiled its cutting-edge weapon a ‘visual optical jammer’ called "Grach" which emits light so powerful that it can literally blind enemies.

This weapon is expected to be used in Russia’s ongoing military operation against ISIS militants in Syria.

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems - Page 6 11148610
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:05 pm

The Russian Defense Ministry recently demonstrated the effectiveness of President-S defense complex, which defeated a volley of Igla manpad missiles:

"President" to protect against rocket salvo
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:17 am

sort of flares only
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:51 pm

An article on Russian EW;

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftopwar.ru%2F&sandbox=1
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:45 am

max steel wrote:sort of flares only

IR jammer + Flares

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems - Page 6 Th_120377475__122_473lo
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:24 am

EW systems undergo “reality check” in Syria

The Avtobasa proved instrumental in downing a number of U.S. and Israeli recce drones overflying Iranian territory. Some were captured in good condition and, following a reverse engineering process, went into quantity production in Iran.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:02 pm

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/70208/

CVO receives 2 sets of Leer-3 EW system.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Russian Electronic Warfare Systems - Page 6 Empty How can Russia respond to such a program?

Post  jhelb Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Just like the "Assault Breaker" program of the Cold War era the US military is now working on the RAID BREAKER program

Under this program the US Joint Electronic Warfare Center  intends to neutralize 100s of incoming missiles with Electronic Warfare.

How can Russia respond to such a program?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am