Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+49
Regular
Isos
Godric
Odin of Ossetia
The Ottoman
Arctic_Fox
Azi
0nillie0
auslander
Vann7
Kimppis
Hannibal Barca
zorobabel
Karl Haushofer
archangelski
AlfaT8
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
Tingsay
crod
ATLASCUB
nomadski
starman
kvs
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
GarryB
yavar
lycantrop
BKP
eehnie
George1
franco
miketheterrible
d_taddei2
Cyberspec
calm
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
medo
Visc
OminousSpudd
KomissarBojanchev
Benya
par far
Airman
Walther von Oldenburg
ultimatewarrior
53 posters

    Syrian War: News #16

    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1158
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  ATLASCUB Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:43 pm

    https://twitter.com/CivilWarMap/status/954805597588901889

    Official YPG Statement:"We hold Russia as responsible as Turkey and stress that Russia is the crime partner of Turkey in massacring the civilians in the region"

    I think it's pretty telling of this cult favoring defeat at the hands of the Turks instead of peacefully handing the reigns to the SAA. It says they're neither willing to deal with Assad, and are full on separatist rage and it also says that they're also willing to hemorrhage the Turks even if it will eventually end up in defeat.

    In short, it plays to U.S hands perfectly. Tackles both the Turks and the Syrians. Makes it more complicated for the Turks, getting Turkey into an actual quagmire (with potential repercussions for Erdogan at home depending on success and length of operation) and it makes the territory harder for Assad to gain in negotiations with Turkey. Almost as if an invisible hand was at play....

    Nonetheless, better than U.S controlled 10-fold. Russia should have given the OK while at the outskirts of Deir Zoir. No deal with the U.S East of the E.River. Waited too long for these fuckers...got played. Better late than never I guess.

    Ohh well...

    At this point I wouldn't put military cooperation with the Turks off-the-table for the Russians - at least intelligence sharing on targets. This needs to be quick and effective. "SDF" held areas just East are much more important.

    Russia will need to come to realize that it needs to finish the JOB!. The U.S got a good hold of the puppets. Any deal is probably a diversion or time-buying ploy. I guess you can't fault Russsia for trying (given their hand) but you can't be naive with the U.S....that's just courting massive failure - as has been this Kurd dilemma since the beginning.


    Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec


    Posts : 2904
    Points : 3057
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Cyberspec Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:34 pm

    It will be difficult if not impossible for the US to hold onto the territory east of the Euphrates if they turn Turkey into a hostile force (as they seem to be doing).

    -----

    Photo confirmation of the capture of Abu-Duhur airbase

    First pictures show Syrian Army inside Abu Duhur Airbase

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 26996036_183689082380157_626625047_n-750x430
    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 26996968_183692059046526_1344156876_n

    more here  Arrow https://muraselon.com/en/2018/01/first-pictures-show-syrian-army-inside-abu-duhur-airbase/
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1158
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  ATLASCUB Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:40 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:It will be difficult if not impossible for the US to hold onto the territory east of the Euphrates if they turn Turkey into a hostile force (as they seem to be doing).

    -----

    Photo confirmation of the capture of Abu-Duhur airbase

    First pictures show Syrian Army inside Abu Duhur Airbase

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 26996036_183689082380157_626625047_n-750x430
    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 26996968_183692059046526_1344156876_n

    more here  Arrow https://muraselon.com/en/2018/01/first-pictures-show-syrian-army-inside-abu-duhur-airbase/
    Turkey have always been the key to end this quagmire. The question is, what price are they willing to pay to make this shit right.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 13264
    Points : 13306
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  PapaDragon Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:59 pm

    ATLASCUB wrote:https://twitter.com/CivilWarMap/status/954805597588901889

    Official YPG Statement:"We hold Russia as responsible as Turkey and stress that Russia is the crime partner of Turkey in massacring the civilians in the region"
    ....................

    Wait so it's all Russia's fault now? Funny how all the sweet-talk has evaporated in an instant.... lol1

    Anyone seen eehenie lately? We need his valuable input on this matter. Looking forward to his trademark text-walls. Laughing Razz
    Kimppis
    Kimppis


    Posts : 617
    Points : 617
    Join date : 2014-12-23

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Kimppis Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:03 pm

    Kind of off-topic, but "text-walls" reminded me of Vann... What the hell happened to that guy?
    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 3487
    Points : 3732
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  par far Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:54 am

    "Turkish planes bomb Syrian Kurdish targets as Ankara-backed rebels enter Afrin (VIDEOS)."

    https://www.rt.com/news/416498-turkey-bombs-kurds-afrin-fsa/

    I think that this is being done with the approval of Russia(I am just guessing), the Kurds were probably getting a head of themselves(Russia, Iran probably made a deal to the Kurds and the Kurds with Uncle Scumbag's hand up their ass refused.)
    eehnie
    eehnie


    Posts : 2425
    Points : 2428
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  eehnie Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:17 am

    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201801201060923884-syria-turkey-syria-operation-afrin/

    Damascus Resolutely Condemns Turkish Military Operation in Afrin ©️ AFP 2018/ STR

    MIDDLE EAST
    21:08 20.01.2018(updated 21:41 20.01.2018) Get short URL
    Topic: Turkey Starts Operation 'Olive Branch' in Syria (17)
    11307

    Earlier on Saturday, Ankara has officially kicked off a military operation codenamed "Olive Branch" against Kurdish forces in the Syrian city of Afrin, and claimed it had notified the Syrian government about it. The Syrian side has reportedly denied receiving any notification.

    Syria's Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated that Turkey's move was another violation of the country's sovereignty.

    "The Syrian Arab Republic decisively condemns Turkish aggression against the town of Afrin, which is an inseparable part of Syria," the statement said, as quoted by the SANA news agency.

    The Syrian government added that despite Turkey's claims Ankara had not informed Damascus of the military operation.

    "Syria completely denies claims by the Turkish regime that it was informed of this military operation," a foreign ministry source told state news agency SANA.

    READ MORE: WATCH the Beginning of Turkey's Military Operation in Northern Syria

    On January 20, the Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said that the country's jets have bombed YPG, PYD targets in the Syrian city of Afrin.

    "Out of 113 designated targets of the Democratic Union Party (PYD) Kurdish Syrian terrorist group, 108 have been destroyed as of 18:30 [15:30 GMT]. All the killed and wounded people, who have been sent to hospitals, are members of terrorist groups," the statement of the Turkish General Staff read.

    According to the Anadolu news agency, aircraft hit a PYD observation post in Syria’s northern district of Afrin. Turkish F-16 jets have carried out strikes on six targets in Afrin, while the armed forces have launched artillery shelling from the Kilis province, bordering Syria, the Turkish Hurriyet newspaper reported.

    READ MORE: US Arms Supplies to Loyal Groups in Syria Led to Turkish Op — Russian MoD

    Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan confirmed the beginning of the military operation in Afrin.

    "The Afrin operation has de-facto been started on the ground," Erdogan said, adding that "this will be followed by Manbij."

    The Turkish Foreign Ministry has said that Ankara notified Damascus and the United Nations about the progress of the military offensive in Afrin in writing.

    "We are notifying the Syrian regime, as well as all other sides, including the United Nations, about the operation in written form," Cavusoglu said, as quoted by the NTV broadcaster.

    READ MORE: Turkish Jets, Free Syrian Army Launch Offensive on Kurdish-Held Afrin

    Turkey has been threatening to launch an operation in Afrin since last week after the US announced it was going to start training a border security force composed of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), affiliated with the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG), which Ankara considered as a terrorist group.
    eehnie
    eehnie


    Posts : 2425
    Points : 2428
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  eehnie Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:18 am

    http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Russia-to-demand-in-U-N--that-Turkey-halts-Syria-operation---RIA-citin.rk-mWsJZrz.html

    Russia to demand in U.N. that Turkey halts Syria operation - RIA citin

    01/20/2018 - 11:14


    Russia will support Syria diplomatically and will demand in the United Nations that Turkey halt its military operation in Syria's Afrin, a member of the upper house of the Russian parliament's security committee told RIA news on Saturday.


    MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia will support Syria diplomatically and will demand in the United Nations that Turkey halt its military operation in Syria’s Afrin, a member of the upper house of the Russian parliament’s security committee told RIA news on Saturday.

    “It is not only Syria that will demand this operation to stop. Russia will support this demand as well and will provide Syria with diplomatic assistance,” RIA quoted Franz Klintsevich as saying.

    Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

    The same new:

    https://mundo.sputniknews.com/orientemedio/201801211075596759-siria-kurdos-moscu-ankara/
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1158
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  ATLASCUB Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:41 am

    Laughing
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 13264
    Points : 13306
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:44 am

    eehnie wrote:
    cry        cry         cry


    lol1    Razz
    avatar
    Vann7


    Posts : 5385
    Points : 5485
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Vann7 Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:44 am

    Kimppis wrote:Kind of off-topic, but "text-walls" reminded me of Vann... What the hell happened to that guy?


    Text walls???? huh Suspect

    Still visit the forums but not posting much... Internet provider issues and
    but also busy with job.

    eehnie
    eehnie


    Posts : 2425
    Points : 2428
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  eehnie Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:16 am

    [quote="PapaDragon"]
    eehnie wrote:http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Russia-to-demand-in-U-N--that-Turkey-halts-Syria-operation---RIA-citin.rk-mWsJZrz.html

    Russia to demand in U.N. that Turkey halts Syria operation - RIA citin

    01/20/2018 - 11:14

     
    Russia will support Syria diplomatically and will demand in the United Nations that Turkey halt its military operation in Syria's Afrin, a member of the upper house of the Russian parliament's security committee told RIA news on Saturday.


    MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia will support Syria diplomatically and will demand in the United Nations that Turkey halt its military operation in Syria’s Afrin, a member of the upper house of the Russian parliament’s security committee told RIA news on Saturday.

    “It is not only Syria that will demand this operation to stop. Russia will support this demand as well and will provide Syria with diplomatic assistance,” RIA quoted Franz Klintsevich as saying.

    Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

    lol1    Razz

    Our dear and cute Lambie unable to quote properly.

    My mother designed a new decoration for you. A gift for you can look properly on Eurovision, now that you have the sweet voice. Also for you can use it together with the previous decoration that you are using now.

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Th?id=OIP.ErsOhA3b8dn3OkKv4fFXRwHaIm&w=190&h=196&c=7&o=5&pid=1
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 13264
    Points : 13306
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:41 am

    eehnie wrote:

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Th?id=OIP.ErsOhA3b8dn3OkKv4fFXRwHaIm&w=190&h=196&c=7&o=5&pid=1

    Oh goodie, something I can use to wipe all those Kurdish tears with, thanks! Razz

    Oh and now that you mentioned your mom, tell her I said "hi"

    She will know what I mean. pwnd
    eehnie
    eehnie


    Posts : 2425
    Points : 2428
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  eehnie Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:42 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    eehnie wrote:http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Russia-to-demand-in-U-N--that-Turkey-halts-Syria-operation---RIA-citin.rk-mWsJZrz.html

    Russia to demand in U.N. that Turkey halts Syria operation - RIA citin

    01/20/2018 - 11:14

     
    Russia will support Syria diplomatically and will demand in the United Nations that Turkey halt its military operation in Syria's Afrin, a member of the upper house of the Russian parliament's security committee told RIA news on Saturday.


    MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia will support Syria diplomatically and will demand in the United Nations that Turkey halt its military operation in Syria’s Afrin, a member of the upper house of the Russian parliament’s security committee told RIA news on Saturday.

    “It is not only Syria that will demand this operation to stop. Russia will support this demand as well and will provide Syria with diplomatic assistance,” RIA quoted Franz Klintsevich as saying.

    Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

    lol1    Razz

    Our dear and cute Lambie unable to quote properly.

    My mother designed a new decoration for you. A gift for you can look properly on Eurovision, now that you have the sweet voice. Also for you can use it together with the previous decoration that you are using now.

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Th?id=OIP.ErsOhA3b8dn3OkKv4fFXRwHaIm&w=190&h=196&c=7&o=5&pid=1


    Oh goodie, something I can use to wipe all those Kurdish tears with, thanks! Razz

    Oh and now that you mentioned your mom, tell her I said "hi"

    She will know what I mean. pwnd

    After the visit of my father (43:20)



    we all know you are better to go to Eurovision.



    Say "hi" again, we will try to laugh not
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 38957
    Points : 39453
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  GarryB Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:04 am

    Glad to see this response from the Kurds to be honest... Russia is supporting enough basket cases... they don't need another weak ally that needs cuddles all the time.

    Hopefully they do something stupid and the response of the Russians is a need to go back to syria with air power and a few advisors on the ground.

    They went in to deal with ISIS... and when mission was accomplished they left... the total opposite of what the US does of course.

    Now with a militant Kurdish problem that wont negotiate a peace agreement they can go in and support Syria removing that group from their country too.
    Airman
    Airman


    Posts : 439
    Points : 487
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Turkey

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Airman Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:49 pm

    LATEST — 32 fighter jets hit 45 terrorist targets on second day of #OperationOliveBranch in Syria’s Afrin, the Turkish Armed Forces say
    https://www.dailysabah.com/war-on-terror/2018/01/21/turkish-military-shells-terrorist-ypg-targets-in-syrias-afrin
    Airman
    Airman


    Posts : 439
    Points : 487
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Turkey

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Airman Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:17 pm

    #AfrinOp: #YPG fired the 1st #ATGM against a #TSK tank, hitting turret of what looks like a Leopard 2A.
    https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/955070287191724032

    #AfrinOp: aftermath of #ATGM strike on Leopard 2A in #TSK border post. Back of turret hit without significant damage.
    https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/955087049689915392

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 DUEmV3-WAAAHFc2

    Seems like, that ATGM bounced from the side of Leopard 2A4 Turret.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 13264
    Points : 13306
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:23 pm


    I bet that deal Kurds were refusing as recently as yesterday is looking pretty sweet right about now... Cool

    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 3699
    Points : 3679
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:57 pm

    Russia demanding the turks stop in the UN is just smoke and mirrors....they are just doing that to make it seem like they tried.

    Everyone knows the UN is about has useful has a bag of shit when stopping conflict
    The Ottoman
    The Ottoman


    Posts : 287
    Points : 311
    Join date : 2015-09-25

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  The Ottoman Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:02 pm

    Turkish backed FSA-rebels entering Afrin-region to clean the borders from single-eyebrows and Kurdo-Yanks.

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 19958891_407814956316617_3926907381411409197_n

    The Olive Branch Operation is a Russo-Turko-Persian gameplan to isolate the US War Machine in Syria and destroy the Yinon Plan.
    The Ottoman
    The Ottoman


    Posts : 287
    Points : 311
    Join date : 2015-09-25

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  The Ottoman Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:11 pm

    'US managed to betray both Turks and Kurds’


    “First, betrayal of Turkey – announcing this Border Security Force, made up primarily of Kurds, without any consultation with Turkey. And then, as soon as Turkey makes an issue of it, immediately drop the Kurds altogether, saying ‘we have nothing to do with them’ and basically give Turkey a free hand to slaughter them. Betrayals left, right and center,”
    he added.

    https://www.rt.com/news/416571-turkey-syria-afrin-us/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 13264
    Points : 13306
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:13 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Russia demanding the turks stop in the UN is just smoke and mirrors....they are just doing that to make it seem like they tried.

    Everyone knows the UN is about has useful has a bag of shit when stopping conflict

    Naturally

    Nobody wants to say anything bad about Kurds on record because they have grade-A image of ''good guys''

    But as we all know image is no protection against heavy ordinance and self-inflicted fuckups
    The Ottoman
    The Ottoman


    Posts : 287
    Points : 311
    Join date : 2015-09-25

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  The Ottoman Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:28 pm

    The delivery of the S400 must be so quick as possible.

    1.- The US will first kick Turkey out of NATO (US-media and US-senators are calling for this).

    2.- Then the US will create a false flag in Syria among American troops and declare Turkey the war.

    3.- The US will bomb the shit out of Turkey.

    Turkey has good land forces and a good air force, but not enough resources, a small navy and no anti-aircraft-system.

    The Anglo-Saxons will occupy Turkey, like they did after World War I. Only Russia could save Turkey from this. How ironic.

    Airman
    Airman


    Posts : 439
    Points : 487
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Turkey

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Airman Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:46 pm

    The Ottoman wrote:The delivery of the S400 must be so quick as possible.

    1.- The US will first kick Turkey out of NATO (US-media and US-senators are calling for this).

    2.- Then the US will create a false flag in Syria among American troops and declare Turkey the war.

    3.- The US will bomb the shit out of Turkey.

    Turkey has good land forces and a good air force, but not enough resources, a small navy and no anti-aircraft-system.

    The Anglo-Saxons will occupy Turkey, like they did after World War I. Only Russia could save Turkey from this. How ironic.


    Please don't be stupid.
    eehnie
    eehnie


    Posts : 2425
    Points : 2428
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  eehnie Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:03 pm

    eehnie wrote:https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201801201060923884-syria-turkey-syria-operation-afrin/

    Damascus Resolutely Condemns Turkish Military Operation in Afrin ©️ AFP 2018/ STR

    MIDDLE EAST
    21:08 20.01.2018(updated 21:41 20.01.2018) Get short URL
    Topic: Turkey Starts Operation 'Olive Branch' in Syria (17)
    11307

    Earlier on Saturday, Ankara has officially kicked off a military operation codenamed "Olive Branch" against Kurdish forces in the Syrian city of Afrin, and claimed it had notified the Syrian government about it. The Syrian side has reportedly denied receiving any notification.

    Syria's Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated that Turkey's move was another violation of the country's sovereignty.

    "The Syrian Arab Republic decisively condemns Turkish aggression against the town of Afrin, which is an inseparable part of Syria," the statement said, as quoted by the SANA news agency.

    The Syrian government added that despite Turkey's claims Ankara had not informed Damascus of the military operation.

    "Syria completely denies claims by the Turkish regime that it was informed of this military operation," a foreign ministry source told state news agency SANA.

    READ MORE: WATCH the Beginning of Turkey's Military Operation in Northern Syria

    On January 20, the Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said that the country's jets have bombed YPG, PYD targets in the Syrian city of Afrin.

    "Out of 113 designated targets of the Democratic Union Party (PYD) Kurdish Syrian terrorist group, 108 have been destroyed as of 18:30 [15:30 GMT]. All the killed and wounded people, who have been sent to hospitals, are members of terrorist groups," the statement of the Turkish General Staff read.

    According to the Anadolu news agency, aircraft hit a PYD observation post in Syria’s northern district of Afrin. Turkish F-16 jets have carried out strikes on six targets in Afrin, while the armed forces have launched artillery shelling from the Kilis province, bordering Syria, the Turkish Hurriyet newspaper reported.

    READ MORE: US Arms Supplies to Loyal Groups in Syria Led to Turkish Op — Russian MoD

    Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan confirmed the beginning of the military operation in Afrin.

    "The Afrin operation has de-facto been started on the ground," Erdogan said, adding that "this will be followed by Manbij."

    The Turkish Foreign Ministry has said that Ankara notified Damascus and the United Nations about the progress of the military offensive in Afrin in writing.

    "We are notifying the Syrian regime, as well as all other sides, including the United Nations, about the operation in written form," Cavusoglu said, as quoted by the NTV broadcaster.

    READ MORE: Turkish Jets, Free Syrian Army Launch Offensive on Kurdish-Held Afrin

    Turkey has been threatening to launch an operation in Afrin since last week after the US announced it was going to start training a border security force composed of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), affiliated with the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG), which Ankara considered as a terrorist group.
    eehnie wrote:http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Russia-to-demand-in-U-N--that-Turkey-halts-Syria-operation---RIA-citin.rk-mWsJZrz.html

    Russia to demand in U.N. that Turkey halts Syria operation - RIA citin

    01/20/2018 - 11:14

     
    Russia will support Syria diplomatically and will demand in the United Nations that Turkey halt its military operation in Syria's Afrin, a member of the upper house of the Russian parliament's security committee told RIA news on Saturday.


    MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia will support Syria diplomatically and will demand in the United Nations that Turkey halt its military operation in Syria’s Afrin, a member of the upper house of the Russian parliament’s security committee told RIA news on Saturday.

    “It is not only Syria that will demand this operation to stop. Russia will support this demand as well and will provide Syria with diplomatic assistance,” RIA quoted Franz Klintsevich as saying.

    Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

    The same new:

    https://mundo.sputniknews.com/orientemedio/201801211075596759-siria-kurdos-moscu-ankara/

    In the answer of some people to these news, we see clearly who supports Turkey or the US-Israel over Syria and Russia.


    Last edited by eehnie on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:40 am; edited 2 times in total

    Sponsored content


    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 25 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 pm