Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
Regular
Isos
Godric
Odin of Ossetia
The Ottoman
Arctic_Fox
Azi
0nillie0
auslander
Vann7
Kimppis
Hannibal Barca
zorobabel
Karl Haushofer
archangelski
AlfaT8
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
Tingsay
crod
ATLASCUB
nomadski
starman
kvs
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
GarryB
yavar
lycantrop
BKP
eehnie
George1
franco
miketheterrible
d_taddei2
Cyberspec
calm
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
medo
Visc
OminousSpudd
KomissarBojanchev
Benya
par far
Airman
Walther von Oldenburg
ultimatewarrior
53 posters

Syrian War: News #16

eehnie
    eehnie

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 24 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

Post  eehnie Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:47 am

AbdulhamidtheSecond wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    These predictions always failed.

The people talks like if Turkey would not be a NATO country with US nuclear weapons looking at Russia.

Hmm. Ok. I will tell this to Mr.Lavrov and ask how the hell they reached an agreement with such a country! They must be fools!

Russia reached agreements with the US, do not be as surprised.

Will you deny that the US has nuclear weapons in Turkey looking at Russia?

What is doing Turkey about?

Will you deny that Turkey is officially a NATO member?

What is doing Turkey about?

The Kurds are not a NATO member, and neither have US nuclear weapons in their territory looking at Russia.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Kurds had a choice I guess but we know what they really want and who's toying with them promising to provide it.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Thanks for everyone for your reply to my post . And as papadragon said national interest does play a part in decisions . However national interest should be within the context of greater international / multinational framework . I heard Syrian government object to Turkey involvement in Syria against Kurds .

The easiest way I can explain my idea is to say that : you can imagine different forces occupying east Syria . Excluding Syrian government forces . Since they will not be classed as occupiers . Among these forces , some can not jointly occupy this area . Because they are either not allies or they are enemies . Some can not occupy alone , because they are weak . And some can occupy alone .

At this point in time , Syrian government forces can not liberate the eastern portion . But they can allow different forces to enter and fight the SDF and yank zionist occupation . It then is a simple question of who can be most easily evicted after the SDF is defeated ? The answer is the fewest and weakest and least hostile and closest forces , strong enough to defeat the SDF and backers .

Who can this be ? Turkey alone ? Maybe . Iran alone ? Maybe . All these together ? Yes the best solution . But if not possible , then the Turks . They are neighbours and can be reached later . Americans are not within reach .

eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:48 pm

nomadski wrote:Thanks for everyone for your reply to my post . And as papadragon said national interest does play a part in decisions . However national interest should be within the context of greater international / multinational framework . I heard Syrian government object to Turkey involvement in Syria against Kurds .

The easiest way I can explain my idea is to say that : you can imagine different forces occupying east Syria . Excluding Syrian government forces . Since they will not be classed as occupiers . Among these forces , some can not jointly occupy this area . Because they are either not allies or they are enemies . Some can not occupy alone , because they are weak . And some can occupy alone .

At this point in time , Syrian government forces can not liberate the eastern portion . But they can allow different forces to enter and fight the SDF and yank zionist occupation . It then is a simple question of who can be most easily evicted after the SDF is defeated ? The answer is the fewest and weakest and least hostile and closest forces , strong enough to defeat the SDF and backers .

Who can this be ? Turkey alone ? Maybe . Iran alone ? Maybe . All these together ? Yes the best solution . But if not possible , then the Turks . They are neighbours and can be reached later . Americans are not within reach .

You mean the the Turks that have in Turkey at least 24 NATO bases?

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 24 Nato-bases-in-turkey

The Turks that expell not the US from Turkey will not expell the US from Syria.

These Turks will not be allowed to invade parts of Syria.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:14 pm

eehnie wrote:
    nomadski wrote:Thanks for everyone for your reply to my post . And as papadragon said national interest does play a part in decisions . However national interest should be within the context of greater international / multinational framework . I heard Syrian government object to Turkey involvement in Syria against Kurds .

Your Kurds won't expel the U.S either. As for Afrin Kurds, they better make a good deal with SAA soon. Russia has been living with those facts for ages. The only way NATO shrinks is if USA becomes weak, and for the time being, albeit borrowed (in trillions), they are strong.

If Russia doesn't put up a fight, even Ukraine (fucking Ukraine) will be part of NATO.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Syrian Army , Allies liberate new village southeast Abu Dahour .

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 24 Qetal-750x430
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:54 pm

ISIS apparently stirring it in the east as well.

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 24 DT7yinEWAAAUFJU
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:10 pm

Slightly different to Papa's above

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 24 DT7BS0eW4AEmEFE
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:57 pm

Lucifuge Rofocale
    ‏ @rofoca_lucifuge
    10h10 hours ago

KORAL Land Based Electronic Warfare system on the border, Afrin.

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 24 DT5kx5iWAAAR1jH
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:56 am

JohninMK wrote:Slightly different to Papa's above

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 24 DT7BS0eW4AEmEFE

Get ready for the money shot respekt
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:20 am

ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:

Your Kurds won't expel the U.S either. As for Afrin Kurds, they better make a good deal with SAA soon. Russia has been living with those facts for ages. The only way NATO shrinks is if USA becomes weak, and for the time being, albeit borrowed (in trillions), they are strong.

If Russia doesn't put up a fight, even Ukraine (fucking Ukraine) will be part of NATO.

Look at the map, and stop saying things that agree not with the reality.

Your Turkey has not been and will not be allowed to enter in Syria. They only want their own Golan to stay like in the Turkish Republic of Norther Cyprus. But this time even with a worse detail, there is not a significant Turkish population in Syria.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:40 am

eehnie wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:

Your Turkey has not been and will not be allowed to enter in Syria. They only want their own Golan to stay like in the Turkish Republic of Norther Cyprus. But this time even with a worse detail, there is not a significant Turkish population in Syria.

It's not my Turkey since I am no Turk but you have owned the Kurds like an adopted child. You can try to sidestep the obvious, which is, the Kurds allying themselves with the devil but it's too inconvenient for you to touch. I'll leave it at that since I know you have no basis to respond other than gibberish that crashes the thread for no good. As for the Turks, they're currently the best vehicle which can be used to drive the U.S out of Syria since Russia won't touch them, for Iran/Assad it will be a big costly mess and your Kurds will continue to welcome them with open arms as they've done so far - allowing them to set up shop (the U.S provides protection and leverage they otherwise wouldn't have - not to mention MONEY!). I couldn't care less about the Turks outside of that, except a genuine geopolitical realignment which to be honest is not in Turkey's best interest at the moment and will be premature given the current balance of power. Neutral Turkey and looking East is the best than can be hoped and should be desired from Turkey for now.

Edit: Turkey does not need permission to invade northern Syria btw...so this "allowed - Turkey will not be allowed" non-sense that you spout is just that non-sense. It's in Turkey's interest and the right thing to do to deal with the players on the ground - Russia/Iran/Assad in backroom deals...but not exactly required if push-comes-to-shove, as clearly the Kurds along with the U.S have shown - fuck Assad/fuck Iran and fuck Russia(except when needed of course).

Time is ticking on that deal.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:13 am

ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:

It's not my Turkey since I am no Turk but you have owned the Kurds like an adopted child. You can try to sidestep the obvious, which is, the Kurds allying themselves with the devil but it's too inconvenient for you to touch. I'll leave it at that since I know you have no basis to respond other than gibberish that crashes the thread for no good. As for the Turks, they're currently the best vehicle which can be used to drive the U.S out of Syria since Russia won't touch them, for Iran/Assad it will be a big costly mess and your Kurds will continue to welcome them with open arms as they've done so far - allowing them to set up shop (the U.S provides protection and leverage they otherwise wouldn't have - not to mention MONEY!). I couldn't care less about the Turks outside of that, except a genuine geopolitical realignment which to be honest is not in Turkey's best interest at the moment and will be premature given the current balance of power. Neutral Turkey and looking East is the best than can be hoped and should be desired from Turkey for now.

Oh yes, I have 30 millions of adopted children, WTF.

There is here an anti-Kurd narrative that agrees not with the reality. The Kurds are not enemies of Russia. In fact have been old allies.

The Kurds are allowing US operations in their territory, Ok, no-one is denying it, but the level of military presence of the US in the Kurd territory is not bigger than the level of US presence in Irak, and is far lower than in Turkey.

If a normal person that knows how Turkey is an official NATO member and has in its own territory US nuclear weapons looking at Russia, reads the comments here, only can think this forum is plaged of unrealitic anti-Kurd propaganda. To pretend that a country with US nuclear weapons inside will expell the US of the Kurd territory is just for laugh.

And all this narrative of the pact of the Kurds with the devil is just very weak, because the people see all you ignoring the pacts of Turkey with the devil, that are in force at this point. It is obvious how for you the pacts with the devil are not the important part. It is obvious how for you the important part is the anti-Kurd position.

Why you allow to the Turks what you allow not to the Kurds?
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:59 am

eehnie wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:
    eehnie wrote:

Oh yes, I have 30 millions of adopted children, WTF.

There is here an anti-Kurd narrative that agrees not with the reality. The Kurds are not enemies of Russia. In fact have been old allies.

The Kurds are allowing US operations in their territory, Ok, no-one is denying it, but the level of military presence of the US in the Kurd territory is not bigger than the level of US presence in Irak, and is far lower than in Turkey.

If a normal person that knows how Turkey is an official NATO member and has in its own territory US nuclear weapons looking at Russia, reads the comments here, only can think this forum is plaged of unrealitic anti-Kurd propaganda. To pretend that a country with US nuclear weapons inside will expell the US of the Kurd territory is just for laugh.

And all this narrative of the pact of the Kurds with the devil is just very weak, because the people see all you ignoring the pacts of Turkey with the devil, that are in force at this point. It is obvious how for you the pacts with the devil are not the important part. It is obvious how for you the important part is the anti-Kurd position.

Why you allow to the Turks what you allow not to the Kurds?

The same could be said backwards back to you, and you still avoid it like the plague. Putting up more questions for others won't change the obvious underlying problem you have.

But a few points:

Russia is not the Soviet Union - communism is longggggggggg dead. Russia and the Kurds are not "allies" - the communist Kurds were props used by the Soviets to spread communism and spill pain to their enemies in the region - mainly Turkey. Now they're props of capitalist Americans (the irony).

When that usefulness backfires - like it does now; they're merely another player Russia has to talk to avoid burning all bridges of communication and to keep itself as the balancing force in the conflict - able to strike deals with players who would otherwise slash each other's throat and only escalate the situation. Also, it lets the Kurks know there is an alternative to being under Uncle Sam's umbrella - should they seek it.

As for the Turks - YES - known backstabbers, land grabbers, servant AND loyal U.S puppets for a long time. However there has been issues in the relationship stemming from the latest adventure the duo took part in (Syria). So here are the things that are destroying that relationship...

#1 The Kurds: Kinda obvious the Kurds are an existential threat to the Turkish state and a ticking bomb. I think the Turks need to look no further than Syria and Iraq to see this - not to mention the Turks have lived with it - albeit more successful at controlling and suppressing it.

#2: The Syrian conflict itself: It's also obvious that Turkey believed this little adventure would be a quick power play that has backfired tremendously and that has destabilized its neighbors and its own borders for absolutely nothing of gain and that it needs to end as it's not sustainable... it creates only problems and costs and solves nothing.

This dilemma pits two strategic allies (Turkey/U.S) against each other as interest diverge, and has spillover effects to other areas (mainly diplomatic for now). The U.S seeks to prolong the matter since it's not their backyard they're playing with and they want to spoil and destabilize the region as much as they can (or as they call it, shape it to their liking - which means "fuck you" to everyone practically) - the U.S thrives in chaos (chaos=control - when puppet regimes are absent). That's an issue for Turkey which naturally wants its borders stable and wants to see the conflict end since it failed Turkish objectives. Moreover, the fact that for the U.S to keep itself in the game requires propping up the separatist Kurds is the bigger problem.

The U.S needs the Kurds to justify their presence in Syria and play the spoiler role and the Kurds need the U.S for protection/money etc to help advance their cause of separatism not only from Syria but from Iraq and Turkey.

Issue #3: The U.S tried to coup Erdogan for stepping out bounds for a vassal - compounding the matter when it ended in failure. Naturally such an event would result in the severance of all ties including strategic ties (with U.S bases going kaput) BUT....The Turks are not stupid; breaking away from the U.S/NATO in such fashion will mean total siege of the state (which would make a failed coup attempt look like childs play) - which is why the Turks are taking it up the ass in this regard. There is no Soviet Union to look to (Russia is too weak, can't even protect Ukraine), and China loves its hermit hole. Also, the Kurds are not worth that precipice either.

However the Turks can, and have done so, look towards ending and settling the conflict on its border with other players (Iran/Russia and Syria (on the downlow)) and harrass the U.S as much as possible to derail their plans in Syria. For all the reasons above.

The real question is; why should I support separatist Kurds? If it were for me I would be gladly content shipping them to Israel and seeing them fight Jews for Land. I support Syria as a country, whole again - whatever it takes. What is not acceptable is a North/South Korea scenario again or what they have in Iraq. It's pretty much scripted to go down a similar route..... It goes down that route because the empire demands it goes down that route and everyone else takes it up the ass - and that's a fact. Unless a Vietnam happens....highly unlikely in that god forsaken desert. Thus you need all the players you can to drive the hegemon out, their baggage is included.

Now, you also pose, albeit don't specify your fear of Turkish occupation of Kurdish areas in Syria. The question to you is; aren't they occupied already by an even bigger force that no one dares to touch (the U.S)?

So are we swapping who controls the land and assessing which power is worse? I think the Turks lose that one easily.

Supposing such an invasion by Turkey goes through, for an invasion to take place there would be a NEED to do so. If Turkey is so in bed with the Americans as you claim, then there is NO need for Turkey to invade SDF held areas since they're under allied/American control already. Thus we have a contradiction.

As for Afrin: The reason Afrin is kept alive is because #1 the Turks themselves drove a wedge to avoid the cantons being connected, thus avoid an even bigger plot of land to come under U.S control. At the time such wedge was driven the rebel force by Turkey wasn't strong enough to take Afrin. Also, due to considerations for other players on the ground - Russia/Iran/Assad - things were settled there. Those considerations are based on the hope that such territory would eventually be turned over to the government through a deal - HAS NOT HAPPENED. Thus we are where we are - Turkey on the verge for an invasion of Afrin.

Afrin Kurds can hand over territorial control of the region to the SAA and disband and come under SAA control....I'm pretty sure Turkey won't do a thing and gladly welcome that instead of spilling blood but we know the Kurds have so far refused.

Keep tuned to what comes next these next few days.

AbdulhamidtheSecond

Post  AbdulhamidtheSecond Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:02 am

eehnie wrote:

This is foolish! You are a liar! These bases are only NATO-registered bases, except two of them, which are Incirlik and Kürecik, there is no US military presence at all!

Your arguments are stupid, we went into NATO back in 50s because the world was in fucking cold war. Those days are long past. Now, stop bullying this forum with yoir shitposts!

IT IS ENOUGH
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 pm

There are only B61 "dumb" bombs in İncirlik Air Base, which aren't looking at Russia or any other country. These bombs are just stored in İncirlik Air Base and you need a combat plane like F-16 to drop them on a country. So that means these bombs can not fly on their own. I think there is no reason for Russia to worry or afraid about these "dumb" bombs. We don't have Ballistic missiles with nuclear warhead in Turkey.

Edit: There is only one US Base in Turkey and its name is İncirlik, which is also using by Turkish Air Force KC-135 Squadron. Kürecik is just a Radar base and there are some Turkish Army personel.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Turkey or not, whoever assists to through the Yankees out of Syria is a good guy, at the moment.
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Turkish jets heard flying in southern Hatay province's Reyhanli and Kirikhan districts near Syrian border
    https://twitter.com/TRTWorldNow/status/954715616367267840
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:31 pm

It begins. It didn't have to come to this. Putin promised, Putin delivers.

https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/954718859562336256

#AfrinOp: Turkish Air Force (#TAF) launched 1st airstrikes in #Afrin & Tell Rifaat regions, kicking off 1st stage of Offensive.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:41 pm

'
    Turkish Armed Forces Statement: Operation Olive Branch has been commenced

http://www.tsk.tr/BasinFaaliyetleri/BA_47

Turkish jets begin aerial assault of Kurdish, Islamic State group forces in Afrin, Syria.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/954732490182266882

Syrian Army Liberates Abu Duhur Air Base In South Idlib Countryside

https://muraselon.com/en/2018/01/breaing-map-syrian-army-liberates-abu-duhur-air-base-south-idlib-countryside/

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 24 Dhuor-750x430

Turkish Airforce striking targets in Afrin, looks like it's officially on. Someone get eehenie a fresh set of diapers and box of tissues Razz
    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 24 DT_Y3e5W4AAQHjt?format=jpg
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:23 pm

'
    And Russian observers are officially out. Kurds overplayed their hand once again despite gazillion chances to do the smart thing. Oh well...

Russia Withdraws Troops From Afrin, Voices Concern as Turkey Starts Operation

https://sputniknews.com/russia/201801201060921199-russia-turkey-military-operation-afrin-concern/
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:48 pm

PapaDragon wrote:'
    And Russian observers are officially out. Kurds overplayed their hand once again despite gazillion chances to do the smart thing. Oh well...

Russia Withdraws Troops From Afrin, Voices Concern as Turkey Starts Operation

https://sputniknews.com/russia/201801201060921199-russia-turkey-military-operation-afrin-concern/

The Kurds can't claim the territory east of the Euphrates as their ancestral land. There is no reason for Russia to coddle a
    collection of US stooges that has taken on the role of Daesh in trying to rob Syria of its oil producing regions and undermine
    the legitimate Syrian government.

The Kurds should stick to real historical grievances and not act like some local superpower just because Uncle Scumbag's
    hand is planted up their asses, sock puppet style.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:55 pm

Awesome that the Idlib pocket is finally closed. As for the Afrin development... it's going to be real interesting to see how this plays out and affects the overall picture.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:21 pm

The Kurds got MANPADS from the U.S according to Russian MOD.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:02 pm

Welp Kurds got three options.

1. Fight to the death
    2. Surrender to the SAA (least likely)
    3. Surrender to the Turks

They will either fight to the end or will surrender to the turks.

Turks are gearing up multiple armored brigades being warmed up, Constant Arty and Bombings.

YPG is facing multiple attacks by the FSA some ground was lost but then regained.

We asked Turkey to stop but got a "no" In response.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:22 pm