Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+49
Regular
Isos
Godric
Odin of Ossetia
The Ottoman
Arctic_Fox
Azi
0nillie0
auslander
Vann7
Kimppis
Hannibal Barca
zorobabel
Karl Haushofer
archangelski
AlfaT8
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
Tingsay
crod
ATLASCUB
nomadski
starman
kvs
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
GarryB
yavar
lycantrop
BKP
eehnie
George1
franco
miketheterrible
d_taddei2
Cyberspec
calm
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
medo
Visc
OminousSpudd
KomissarBojanchev
Benya
par far
Airman
Walther von Oldenburg
ultimatewarrior
53 posters

    Syrian War: News #16

    BKP
    BKP


    Posts : 473
    Points : 482
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  BKP Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:03 pm

    ^ It's all good in the hood, Mahmoud. Smile russia yes sir
    Visc
    Visc


    Posts : 118
    Points : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-09

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Visc Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:12 pm

    BKP wrote:^ It's all good in the hood, Mahmoud. Smile russia yes sir

    Good to hear. Btw I'm not really a Muslim in a most commonly used sense of the word and my name is not Arabic or even similar, but I highly appreciate Islam (Orthodox Christianity as well). Less known but most correct meaning of the word Muslim would be "believer in (one) God".

    But let us not go off topic.
    eehnie
    eehnie


    Posts : 2425
    Points : 2428
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  eehnie Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:47 am

    The reality emerges:

    https://twitter.com/Zinvor/status/933458621614186496
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7383
    Points : 7341
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  miketheterrible Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:12 am

    that was hilarious.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 3743
    Points : 3723
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:38 am

    eehnie wrote:The reality emerges:

    https://twitter.com/Zinvor/status/933458621614186496

    I highly doubt Putin would be stupid enough to piss Erdogan off the guy could easily make Syria a bigger mess then it needs to be for Putin.

    If he did do it on purpose then it's a rare moment where putin lost his cool.

    Has for reality it's been well known Putin has Zero love for the guy we have known this for years

    It's quite possible this was an accident it remains to be seen.
    eehnie
    eehnie


    Posts : 2425
    Points : 2428
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  eehnie Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:54 pm

    BKP
    BKP


    Posts : 473
    Points : 482
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  BKP Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:19 pm

    ^ Might blow up to become the new version of the body language analysis hype.
    calm
    calm


    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  calm Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:24 pm

    As much as i would like it to be true, it's just an accident.



    But do not be fooled.Turkey is yet to pay for their crimes. Russia does not forget.
    calm
    calm


    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  calm Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:33 pm

    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 3488
    Points : 3733
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  par far Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:57 pm

    calm wrote:As much as i would like it to be true, it's just an accident.



    But do not be fooled.Turkey is yet to pay for their crimes. Russia does not forget.


    It was a accident, Putin would never do this on purpose, for all the people on that stage, the stage was kind of small.


    president Assad thanks President Putin, the Russian Armed Forces and Russia for saving Syria.



    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1158
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  ATLASCUB Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:13 pm

    You have to wonder for how long the Kurds will be able to pit Russia against the U.S and get away with it before their little game blows up in their face. For the time being it continues to be effective until the SAA can clean up in the East and clean up Idlib which will take a long ass time. Russia needs to keep playing the deal-maker role between the Kurds and Syria/Turkey/Iran in order to avoid full blown hostilities and a new front opening up playing into U.S hands.

    All the hype now is about federalization vs. confederation (obviously not acceptable in a million years - defacto partition/permanent U.S bases).

    In the event that things blow up the U.S will need the Jordan base to defend East of the Euphrates since Turkey's airspace could potentially be shut down in an all-out assault on SDF. In that event the money being put up by the U.S on Jordan's airbase pays off - which is the reason why it's being put up.

    Ohh well, things will be clearer as players get taken off the board. Al Nusra next.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 14961
    Points : 15100
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  JohninMK Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:49 pm

    Interesting background article on the assassination campaign against the HTS leadership.

    More than 35 members of Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) – a coalition of rebel groups led by the rebranded al-Qaeda affiliate in Syria, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham – have been assassinated in Idlib since September. While assassinations in Syria are common, the unprecedented rate and scale of these targeted attacks and their impact on the group’s capacity indicates a significant shift in the way its opponents are dealing with it.


    The rest is at https://syria.chathamhouse.org/research/who-is-assassinating-hayat-tahrir-al-shams-leaders
    BKP
    BKP


    Posts : 473
    Points : 482
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  BKP Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:18 am

    Visc
    Visc


    Posts : 118
    Points : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-09

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Visc Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:23 am

    No more ‘fighting ISIS?’ US to stay in Syria to prevent ‘win’ for Assad and Iran – report

    https://www.rt.com/news/410735-american-troops-stay-syria/

    So now after USrael proxy ISIS got annihilated by Russia/Iran/Syria, what reason does US-led coalition has to stay in Syria other than to keep doing what they've been doing since day one? None, they will keep supporting all kinds of proxy mercenaries and terrorists.
    calm
    calm


    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  calm Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:24 pm



    Still long way to go.
    Airman
    Airman


    Posts : 439
    Points : 487
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Turkey

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Airman Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:51 am

    Trump said US will no longer provide YPG with weapons during phone call with Erdoğan: Turkish FM

    United States President Donald Trump and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan spoke on the phone on Nov. 24 only days after a Russia-Turkey-Iran summit on Syria, with Ankara saying that Washington has pledged not to send weapons to the People’s Protection Units (YPG) any more.

    “President Trump instructed [his generals] in a very open way that the YPG will no longer be given weapons. He openly said that this absurdity should have ended much earlier,” Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu told reporters after the phone call
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf


    Posts : 2481
    Points : 2461
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  KiloGolf Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:33 am

    Airman wrote:Trump said US will no longer provide YPG with weapons during phone call with Erdoğan: Turkish FM

    United States President Donald Trump and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan spoke on the phone on Nov. 24 only days after a Russia-Turkey-Iran summit on Syria, with Ankara saying that Washington has pledged not to send weapons to the People’s Protection Units (YPG) any more.

    “President Trump instructed [his generals] in a very open way that the YPG will no longer be given weapons. He openly said that this absurdity should have ended much earlier,” Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu told reporters after the phone call

    Kurds better GTFO of all areas they occupy south of M4 highway in Syria. SAA is coming their way.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1158
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  ATLASCUB Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:43 am

    KiloGolf wrote:
    Airman wrote:Trump said US will no longer provide YPG with weapons during phone call with Erdoğan: Turkish FM

    United States President Donald Trump and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan spoke on the phone on Nov. 24 only days after a Russia-Turkey-Iran summit on Syria, with Ankara saying that Washington has pledged not to send weapons to the People’s Protection Units (YPG) any more.

    “President Trump instructed [his generals] in a very open way that the YPG will no longer be given weapons. He openly said that this absurdity should have ended much earlier,” Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu told reporters after the phone call

    Kurds better GTFO of all areas they occupy south of M4 highway in Syria. SAA is coming their way.

    There is probably a deal in there or in the cards. At the very least we should judge on actions, not words at this point.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec


    Posts : 2904
    Points : 3057
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Cyberspec Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 am

    IS counter-attack reported near Mayadin...2 towns reportedly retaken

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 6lKs3

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 JoQkT
    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 ACGpN

    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf


    Posts : 2481
    Points : 2461
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  KiloGolf Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:50 am

    Kurdish forces threaten to attack Turkish Army in northwest Aleppo

    Amid the military buildup on the Syrian-Turkish border near Kurdish-controlled Afrin, Foza Yusuf, executive council co-chair of the self-proclaimed Democratic Federation of Northern Syria (DFNS) and Nuri Mahmud of the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) signaled that the Kurds will defend the city against “the Turkish invasion.”

    Kurdish political and military forces are determined to retaliate against any aggression towards the Syrian city of Afrin, Foza Yusuf, executive council co-chair of the self-proclaimed Democratic Federation of Northern Syria (DFNS), told Sputnik Turkey.

    “In Afrin we will stand on the defensive and oppose invaders like we did in Kobani,” Yusuf said referring to Ankara’s threats to invade the Kurdish enclave in northwestern Syria.

    https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/kurdish-forces-threaten-attack-turkish-army-northwest-aleppo/

    Time for both of these clowns to fight it out russia
    avatar
    Tingsay


    Posts : 183
    Points : 185
    Join date : 2016-12-09

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Tingsay Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:15 pm

    calm wrote:

    And not a single helmet was seen that day. cry

    I am seeing less and less helmets on SAA.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 13334
    Points : 13376
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  PapaDragon Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:08 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    Kurdish forces threaten to attack Turkish Army in northwest Aleppo

    Amid the military buildup on the Syrian-Turkish border near Kurdish-controlled Afrin, Foza Yusuf, executive council co-chair of the self-proclaimed Democratic Federation of Northern Syria (DFNS) and Nuri Mahmud of the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) signaled that the Kurds will defend the city against “the Turkish invasion.”

    Kurdish political and military forces are determined to retaliate against any aggression towards the Syrian city of Afrin, Foza Yusuf, executive council co-chair of the self-proclaimed Democratic Federation of Northern Syria (DFNS), told Sputnik Turkey.

    “In Afrin we will stand on the defensive and oppose invaders like we did in Kobani,” Yusuf said referring to Ankara’s threats to invade the Kurdish enclave in northwestern Syria.

    https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/kurdish-forces-threaten-attack-turkish-army-northwest-aleppo/

    Time for both of these clowns to fight it out russia

    I say go for it, popcorn is ready  Twisted Evil
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf


    Posts : 2481
    Points : 2461
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  KiloGolf Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:16 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    Kurdish forces threaten to attack Turkish Army in northwest Aleppo

    Amid the military buildup on the Syrian-Turkish border near Kurdish-controlled Afrin, Foza Yusuf, executive council co-chair of the self-proclaimed Democratic Federation of Northern Syria (DFNS) and Nuri Mahmud of the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) signaled that the Kurds will defend the city against “the Turkish invasion.”

    Kurdish political and military forces are determined to retaliate against any aggression towards the Syrian city of Afrin, Foza Yusuf, executive council co-chair of the self-proclaimed Democratic Federation of Northern Syria (DFNS), told Sputnik Turkey.

    “In Afrin we will stand on the defensive and oppose invaders like we did in Kobani,” Yusuf said referring to Ankara’s threats to invade the Kurdish enclave in northwestern Syria.

    https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/kurdish-forces-threaten-attack-turkish-army-northwest-aleppo/

    Time for both of these clowns to fight it out russia

    I say go for it, popcorn is ready  Twisted Evil

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Tumblr_inline_n6p7d3dFyE1s7g6zt
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7383
    Points : 7341
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  miketheterrible Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:48 pm

    Tingsay wrote:
    calm wrote:

    And not a single helmet was seen that day. cry

    I am seeing less and less helmets on SAA.

    In most cases, helmets only work at protecting the noggin from handgun rounds and shrapnel. In a lot of these cases, they will get killed either way from whatever they get hit by. Although, in a lot of cases their noggins can be protected from regular rifle rounds (probably excluding the 7.62 that is used by the AKM's that is in the hands of both sides).

    You will notice that helmets are either used by forces because of "it's the standard and has to" to "using helmet mounted optics and comm systems". You will notice that in a lot of cases all around the world, special forces, mercenaries and what not, are not always wearing helmets. I remember seeing videos and pictures of US and Canadian forces in Afghanistan not wearing helmets in various ops.

    I mean, they could have a surplus of those old soviet steel helmets, but they are useless against anything other than shrapnel.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf


    Posts : 2481
    Points : 2461
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  KiloGolf Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:17 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:
    Tingsay wrote:
    calm wrote:

    And not a single helmet was seen that day. cry

    I am seeing less and less helmets on SAA.

    In most cases, helmets only work at protecting the noggin from handgun rounds and shrapnel.  In a lot of these cases, they will get killed either way from whatever they get hit by.  Although, in a lot of cases their noggins can be protected from regular rifle rounds (probably excluding the 7.62 that is used by the AKM's that is in the hands of both sides).

    You will notice that helmets are either used by forces because of "it's the standard and has to" to "using helmet mounted optics and comm systems".  You will notice that in a lot of cases all around the world, special forces, mercenaries and what not, are not always wearing helmets.  I remember seeing videos and pictures of US and Canadian forces in Afghanistan not wearing helmets in various ops.

    I mean, they could have a surplus of those old soviet steel helmets, but they are useless against anything other than shrapnel.

    I'm quite tall and during guard duty and patrols I'd always wear it, that's an M1 helmet with plastic liner beneath. Rules during summer were flexible and everybody else would wear their jockey hat. Often when I served I found my head hitting things like sharp metal crap around warehouses, support cable from telecom masts/light poles, the ceiling of a Land Rover that gave a lift to an elevated guard post or the post's metal struts themselves. So it's good to wear head protection for all sorts of reasons, both during peace and surely when at war.

    Another good accessory is shades, preferably military standard. But any protection is good protection. I've seen hot empty casing during live fire exercises hitting an officer right in the eye (from an HK11 firing next to him), he preferred to wear a beret for some reason and no shades. Lucky for him he didn't loose the eye.

    I'd think that if any of these lads that ride MBTs and IFVs hobo style, looses their balance and falls head first on the ground/rocks. I guess it'd help a tiny bit to have head protection.

    Sponsored content


    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:24 am