Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
Regular
Isos
Godric
Odin of Ossetia
The Ottoman
Arctic_Fox
Azi
0nillie0
auslander
Vann7
Kimppis
Hannibal Barca
zorobabel
Karl Haushofer
archangelski
AlfaT8
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
Tingsay
crod
ATLASCUB
nomadski
starman
kvs
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
GarryB
yavar
lycantrop
BKP
eehnie
George1
franco
miketheterrible
d_taddei2
Cyberspec
calm
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
medo
Visc
OminousSpudd
KomissarBojanchev
Benya
par far
Airman
Walther von Oldenburg
ultimatewarrior
53 posters

Syrian War: News #16

par far

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #16

Post  par far Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:10 am

"Moscow Outmaneuvers Washington’s Kurdistan Project

https://www.globalresearch.ca/moscow-outmaneuvers-washingtons-kurdistan-project/5616707

"A NEW WAR IN LEBANON, SYRIA, IRAQ AND BEYOND ON THE WAY."

https://southfront.org/new-war-lebanon-syria-iraq-beyond-way/

starman
    starman

Post  starman Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:19 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Didn't stop Vietnam or Syria or Egypt back in the 70's and 80's from hitting US targets.

North Vietnam overran the south in defiance of the US; by the '70s the US ground combat role had virtually ended. Syria and Egypt showed a lot of guts in '73 but by attacking Israel not the US.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 am

#IRGC forces and a #SyAF Gazelle helicopter spotted in #Iraq side near #Bukamal.
    https://twitter.com/A_J_S_B/status/927254934852075520

Same militia (Kataib Hezbollah  Question ) as in the video somewhere in DeZ province

Syrian War: News #16 - Page 7 DN8PJNSX0AAF27o
    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 7 DN98esfXcAI9xMT

par far wrote:"A NEW WAR IN LEBANON, SYRIA, IRAQ AND BEYOND ON THE WAY."

https://southfront.org/new-war-lebanon-syria-iraq-beyond-way/

Saudi Purge Paves Way for Aggressive Policy Towards Iran - Ex-US Army Officer
    https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201711071058869272-usa-saudi-purge-policy-iran/
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Aaaaaaand here we go again....

Al masdar wrote:BEIRUT, LEBANON (3:25 P.M.) – The Al-Qaeda linked Hay’at Tahrir Al-Sham jihadist group launched a powerful offensive in the northern countryside of the Hama Governorate, yesterday, targeting several sites south of the Idlib Governorate border.

Backed by Jaysh Al-Izza, the jihadist rebels managed to capture Umm Turaykiyah, Baleel, and Umm Khazeem durng their swift assault on the Syrian Arab Army’s (SAA) positions.
    Advertisement
    Ads by Revcontent

Following the advance by the jihadist rebels, the Russian Navy fired several Kalibr cruise missiles towards the jihadist forces, inflicting heavy damage on their defenses south of ‘Atshan.

Since losing these towns, the Syrian Arab Army has sent a large number of military personnel to this front in order to recover the territory they lost to the jihadist rebels.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/updated-map-ongoing-battle-northern-hama/
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:09 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:Aaaaaaand here we go again....

Al masdar wrote:Backed by Jaysh Al-Izza, the jihadist rebels managed to capture Umm Turaykiyah, Baleel, and Umm Khazeem durng their swift assault on the Syrian Arab Army’s (SAA) positions.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/updated-map-ongoing-battle-northern-hama/

Not so fast. They are getting trashed in the process.

Ivan Sidorenko‏ @IvanSidorenko1

#Syria #Hama #SAA & Allies have launched a Counter Attack @ North Eastern Hama Countryside & Regained Control of Um Khazim Hill So far
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:09 pm

But SAA is advancing against them east of that area for last 10 days. Around 20 villages captured.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:13 pm

calm wrote:But SAA is advancing against them east of that area for last 10 days. Around 20 villages captured.

I know, plus SAA is counter-attacking and reversing most of the losses. The situation is under control. But surely someone is getting worried that Abukamal will fall earlier than expected to Damascus' forces.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:17 am

KiloGolf wrote:...But surely someone is getting worried that Abukamal will fall earlier than expected to Damascus' forces.

Well said...

This piece of news will surely raise their anxiety...

Iraqi Prime Minister gives troops green light to attack ISIS in Syria
    https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/iraqi-prime-minister-gives-troops-green-light-attack-isis-syria-mayadeen/
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:57 pm

calm wrote:Every bridge on Euphrates is destroyed long time ago.

related
    https://twitter.com/ejmalrai/status/926073941701087232
    Syrian War: News #16 - Page 7 1uOiCJL

Syrian Army & Allies enter last ISIS stronghold in Deir Ezzor

https://t.co/44ASDy0pSb
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Watch the moment when #Syria|n forces meet with #Iraq|i forces. on border
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Looks like Abu Kamal is done thumbsup

Syrian army & allies capture last major ISIS held town in Syria - reports (VIDEO)

https://www.rt.com/news/409274-syrian-army-capture-last-isis-town/
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Wow that was quick cheers ....but I'd rather wait for more confirmation regarding the capture of the town itself...seems the footage shown is from the outskirts
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Reality in this 21st century sure has an Anti-American bias...

Honest question, who thought that the Russian intervention would turn out the way it is going?

Personally I dreaded this would get results for a while and the escalation would simply keep the grinder on for a decade more.

And here we are with basically a dying war and an all but total victory for Mordor. #TheBattle@theBlackGatewasaninsidejob

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Elijah also confirms the fall...he's pretty reliable

Re-confirming: al bu Kamal fully liberated and clean from #ISIS. Well done

#ISIS is still fighting in al-Badiyah but has lost all cities in #Syria. Now the #Syria/n army will meet with al-Mayadeen forces & cross the Euphrates (energy resources).

https://twitter.com/ejmalrai/status/928350873306259456

KoTeMoRe wrote:Reality in this 21st century sure has an Anti-American bias...

Honest question, who thought that the Russian intervention would turn out the way it is going?

Personally I dreaded this would get results for a while and the escalation would simply keep the grinder on for a decade more.

And here we are with basically a dying war and an all but total victory for Mordor. #TheBattle@theBlackGatewasaninsidejob

What's amazing is they did it with fairly slender forces...basicaly a mixed Aviation Brigade and a few thousand ground troops...obvoiusly the plan was always that they would be the fist for the local allied forces
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:12 am

At first I didn't even believe that there would be any intervention. I mean, who did that stuff back in the day other than USA?

When first satellite pics of Hmeim started surfacing I assumed it's just BS. It was just Syria, who gave two figs about that especially with Ukraine still active, right?

So when it kicked off I couldn't believe it.

Still it was obvious from the get go that they will be playing this with skeleton crew. Nobody was stupid enough to do Afghanistan again although you can never discount full-retard scenario in any situation.

I was certain that they will secure coastline and rest of useful Syria that was a given for me and there was never any doubt about it.

But when Aleppo got smacked down I officially became 100% believer.

And here we are now, two dozen airplanes, some troopers on site and heavy lifting pretty much done. I think Lavrov will be taking over from here unless someone gets cute again but given the recent events I think nobody is in a hurry to volunteer.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:12 am

'
    Absolutely delicious salt from rebel fangirl, bon appétit everyone !!!  Razz

https://mobile.twitter.com/Elizrael/status/928297335393832960
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 am

Even from the start there was no real hope for Syria without Assad.

Whether it was an anti assad faction or ISIS there would not be enough unity to run a country so it would have collapsed into little city states where cities or groups of cities would be under the rule of the local dominant party.

America and Turkey and Israel would have loved it because they could get bootleg oil really cheap and Syria itself would be gone, but for the Syrian people that is no future as only a few would benefit from oil sales and everyone else would fight for scraps.

At least now with oil in government hands the revenue generated can at least be used to rebuild the country and fund education and health services for all.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:02 pm

PapaDragon wrote:'
    Absolutely delicious salt from rebel fangirl, bon appétit everyone !!!  Razz

https://mobile.twitter.com/Elizrael/status/928297335393832960

Hey Idlib?

We are coming.... Twisted Evil
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:08 pm

This war is far from over with ISiS gone you move onto stage 2 is all.

This is no dying war.

while the Russians deserve credit the main man in this war is al-Hassan he is their MVP without him iSIS would be in alot better shape then it is now.

He is responsible for all of the Russians main victory's and Assad's without him the Russians would not have had a worse time off airpower is meaningless if your ground troops cannot do anything. Yes their airstrikes are for sure a major factor.

It was his men who paved the way for the Russians to find targets and more they always fought outmanned out gun and won their battles despite the odds.

There is a reason in Syrian he has a bigger bounty on his head than any Russian or Syrian in the millions, last I heard it reached over 5 Million dollars dead even more alive.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:47 pm

more confirmation of liberation of Al bukamal by High command

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-high-command-officially-announces-albukamal-liberated-isis-video/

Syrian Army liberates Hamdan Airbase north of Albukamal

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-syrian-army-liberates-hamdan-airbase-north-albukamal/

Over 60 km left to liberate in Deir Ezzor before its ISIS-free

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/60-km-left-liberate-deir-ezzor-isis-free-map/

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Turkey Tells US To Withdraw Weapons, Support for Syrian Rebels

http://www.defenseone.com/threats/2017/11/turkey-tells-us-withdraw-weapons-support-syrian-rebels/142411/?hl=1&noRedirect=1
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:19 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

At first I didn't even believe that there would be any intervention. I mean, who did that stuff back in the day other than USA?

When first satellite pics of Hmeim started surfacing I assumed it's just BS. It was just Syria, who gave two figs about that especially with Ukraine still active, right?

So when it kicked off I couldn't believe it.

Still it was obvious from the get go that they will be playing this with skeleton crew. Nobody was stupid enough to do Afghanistan again although you can never discount full-retard scenario in any situation.

I was certain that they will secure coastline and rest of useful Syria that was a given for me and there was never any doubt about it.

But when Aleppo got smacked down I officially became 100% believer.

And here we are now, two dozen airplanes, some troopers on site and heavy lifting pretty much done. I think Lavrov will be taking over from here unless someone gets cute again but given the recent events I think nobody is in a hurry to volunteer.

It is necessary to take into account that you both are US hardline followers and not so bright, then your comments are not rare.

This is not the first time the Soviet Union/Russia and China did something like that. If fact they did it in every corner of Eurasia with relative success.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:26 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

This is no dying war.

while the Russians deserve credit the main man in this war is al-Hassan he is their MVP without him iSIS would be in alot better shape then it is now.

He is responsible for all of the Russians main victory's and Assad's without him the Russians would not have had a worse time off airpower is meaningless if your ground troops cannot do anything. Yes their airstrikes are for sure a major factor.

It was his men who paved the way for the Russians to find targets and more they always fought outmanned out gun and won their battles despite the odds.

There is a reason in Syrian he has a bigger bounty on his head than any Russian or Syrian in the millions, last I heard it reached over 5 Million dollars dead even more alive.

You not only are a US hardline follower, even you claimed to be US soldier (or similar).

From this condition, are you shameless enough to acknowledge publicly that your country is paying for the death of Syrian and Russian generals?
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:39 pm

According to article three major towns left along the river and packed with thousands of ISIS scum and with nowhere to run. I think now would be a great time to FOAB only problem is civilians. But I would expect tochka to some action and possibly Tulpan time to bury the scum under concrete.

https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/updated-map-ongoing-battle-southeast-deir-ezzr/
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:46 pm

eehnie wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

This is no dying war.

You not only are a US hardline follower, even you claimed to be US soldier (or similar).

From this condition, are you shameless enough to acknowledge publicly that your country is paying for the death of Syrian and Russian generals?

I just said he has a bounty not who ordered the bounty put on him

Learn to read buddy and if you do not understand english do not comment on English posts. Literally just made a fool of yourself.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:18 am