Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
OminousSpudd
zorobabel
BKP
PapaDragon
calm
TheArmenian
KomissarBojanchev
Benya
d_taddei2
franco
kvs
JohninMK
eehnie
miketheterrible
ATLASCUB
Big_Gazza
MMBR
ultimatewarrior
0nillie0
crod
par far
starman
Airman
AbdulhamidtheSecond
ali.a.r
arpakola
Walther von Oldenburg
airstrike
Mindstorm
RTN
Zastel
George1
Grazneyar
VARGR198
KiloGolf
jhelb
Austin
Vann7
Visc
Azi
whir
higurashihougi
Teshub
Erk
max steel
AlfaT8
medo
Hannibal Barca
rambo54
Karl Haushofer
Kimppis
MilitaryAttractions
Firebird
onwiththewar
A Different Voice
VladimirSahin
Project Canada
storm333
The Ottoman
ult
Odin of Ossetia
Neutrality
Airbornewolf
magnumcromagnon
GarryB
auslander
Isos
cochiloco
KoTeMoRe
73 posters

Syrian War: News #12

eehnie
    eehnie

Syrian War: News #12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #12

Post  eehnie Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:32 am

Vann7 wrote:

There are people laughing at people who voted for Trump .
    But the fact is that even after this ,Trump is way better than clinton.
    That women is totally sick ,she have no love for anyone , and even though
    both trump and clinton will continue Obama policies , Hillary hate for humanity and christians is very dangerous. And far left liberals in US ,are the worse
    kind of ideology ,not far from Alqaeda wahabism. They basically promote the
    destruction of society morals and values in total. Obama was promoting gender change in children ,look how sick he was , so when it comes to internal policy ,trump have control of it.. when it comes to foreign policy ,it is pentagon who controls it and trump supports them.

Far left liberals? Where are you living, in Utah or what?

Liberals are right, not even center. In the entire world, except the US.
    onwiththewar
    onwiththewar

Syrian War: News #12 - Page 9 Empty US Attack will happen sooner or later

Post  onwiththewar Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:52 am

I waited for US air strikes on Syrian troops from 2014.

I anticipated US air strikes on Syrian air force bases since the start of Russia intervention. I thought if Russia couldn't finish the job within 3 months, America would start doing their jobs and start bombings too.

However, it's almost 2 years. How many bombs have Russia dropped? 10,000 tonns maybe? Progress is very limited and the stupid Syrians became totally dependent on Russian air support. If no air supports, they refuse to do anything useful. If air support does not come in time, they cry like babies, abandon their positions and run away.

On the other hand, Americans only attacked on Syrian forces twice, and it only began recently.

I think it's fair for the Syrians to learn and to start fighting under constant air threats. So they will stop gathering in open grounds like a bunch of morons. Rebels move among constant air raids in 2 - 3 groups, taking cover every 10 meters, stupid Syrian SAA walk casually like walking in a park. in single file. Maybe American airstrikes will change that a bit. SAA should start digging air defense shelters and start paying attention to camouflage and infantry formations, like any other army in the world.

Now in the news since Syrian air base is gone. Local Syrian troops are in cry baby mode again. I say Americans should drop a few more and shut them up.

If SAA only got 100 tonns of bombs on them, 100x that amount on their enemies over almost 2 years, and they still can't win. They will not last any ways.

The more Russia help them, the more stupid they act. I think Russia saw that too and gave them a few signals to man up.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:47 am

All I can say here is Assad didn't do it. That's from a guy on the ground in this dumb.

Visc
    Visc

Post  Visc Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:54 am

Will people ever realize that US presidents are nothing but actors who are paid to sign documents and read their scripts? Everyone who fell for a story about the possibility of change in US foreign policy, under any president, should indeed be laughed at.

Btw, Syrian airbase which was destroyed early this morning was the same airbase from which S-200 missiles were launched at Israeli F-16 aircraft 21 days ago.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:04 am

Can't believe they are using chemical weapons to invade a country again... didn't the world notice a total lack of chem and bio weapons in Iraq was kinda strange.

Pathetic.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:21 am

calm wrote:"Dead" victim of "sarin gas attack" in Syria opens her eyes.

cut, cut, cut!

https://twitter.com/JustinRaimondo/status/849751305346195456

for the record Sarin can make the body twitch after death like this, I have seen it happen. a mere eye opening doesn't mean she is alive.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:31 am

The obvious response from Russia would be to deliver 24 MiG-29M2s and the SAMs and support equipment they need to defend their airfield.

For the Russian contingent a unit of MiG-31s would be a useful way to deal with cruise missile attacks, with a few AWACS types to give early warning of the use of cruise missiles.

And of course create no fly zones enforced by the Russian aircraft over Syrian air space in the interests of air safety of course.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:09 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Papadragon, do you have sources for Serbian forces shooting down cruise missiles during the war?

Shooting down cruises missiles is easy. Fact that Russia didn't shoot any down tells me that this whole thing is done in sync regardless of what politicians might claim in media. Also low bodycount and fact that they targeted just one location with so many missiles speak volumes.

This was PR operation. You can level decent sized country with this many missiles. Using them all on just one airbase is ridiculous.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:21 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Papadragon, do you have sources for Serbian forces shooting down cruise missiles during the war?

Shooting down cruises missiles is easy. Fact that Russia didn't shoot any down tells me that this whole thing is done in sync regardless of what politicians might claim in media. Also low bodycount and fact that they targeted just one location with so many missiles speak volumes.

This was PR operation. You can level decent sized country with this many missiles. Using them all on just one airbase is ridiculous.

America notified all its sockpuppets oops "allies" beforehand.

So it seems very likely Russia heard beforehand.

I wonder how much damage was actually done.

Regardless, I see Trump as a coward, and now has his strings pulled by the warmongering Establishment.
    Look how this coward dumped the pro Russian general for the "crime" of talking to Russia.

I'd like to see Syria take out US assets with Russia standing guard. This bully needs to be taken down a few pegs. Everyone KNOWS this "chem attack by Assad" was a  huge lie. He had no reason to use chems, in the past, let alone now, when he's nearly won the war.

PS we can see how the snake Terdogan is showing its true colours again.
    Lets see Turkey split in 3, with Russia having Constantinople.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:26 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

It's mostly symbolic. The use of these many missiles leads me to believe they had doubts that Russia would let a few, say 15, pass easily so they decided on a saturation attack to be sure. Regime change is undoubtedly back on the table however - unless there's some serious deception-backroom dealing going on - which I doubt. As has been reported the americans used the contact lines to warm Russians beforehand but that's about it.
    MilitaryAttractions
    MilitaryAttractions

Post  MilitaryAttractions Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:37 pm

Video taken a few minutes after the sarin gas attack. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED!!
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:08 pm

https://www.rt.com/news/383858-syria-us-strike-inefficient/

Great trolling by Russia.

Maybe the Syrians managed to shoot down some of them?
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:19 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Apparently Russia was not informed and some stated Russians were present at the base. If Russians died, what will Putin do?
    Is that a rhetorical question?

Putin will do nothing. At most Lavrov say a few angry words in the UN and then all is forgotten.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:24 pm

miketheterrible wrote:

US can't dictate such terms if Russia decides to fly, then US can't do shit about it. If they want to down Russian jets, they know the results. Because at that point, Russia knows it has no other choice.
    And the result would be...?

I think the result would not be any different from that happened to Turkey when it downed a Russian jet.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Kimppis wrote:https://www.rt.com/news/383858-syria-us-strike-inefficient/

23 out of 59 TOMAHAWKS reached target
    runways intact
    They harmed our air defense system, same airdefences that targeted the Israeli jets. Quelle surprise

Location of damaged areas inside Shayrat AB after #UnitedStates cruise missile strikes
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 9 C8zgSF3XoAAtUP7

Russians monitoring strikes.   lol1

Final count
    6 officers & soldiers killed
    9 civilians (village near by)
    9 jet destroyed
    23 out of 59 #TOMAHAWKS reached target/ Sha'ayrat
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Whats the likelihood some were scrambled by Russian ECM or GPS jammers and went astray?
    rambo54

Post  rambo54 Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:07 pm

They harmed our air defense system, same airdefences that targeted the Israeli jets. Quelle surprise

well this video (and also google earth) reveal (two) SA-6 batteries
    https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined/status/850246326725914627/video/1
    These are hardly the weapons used to shot at the Israeli Palmyra AB attackers last month!
    Interestingly the video reveal that only the cmd site show some smoke on it. The launchers seem to be intact.
    What a blame - some 50 cruise missiles were used to destroy only 9 obsolete Su-22...

Last edited by rambo54 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:17 pm

My assessment so far is that this is more a desperate PR stand by Trump, possible with the cooperation of Russia et all, than anything else.
    Even if it is more than a PR, I think Trump is so isolated inside US and his traditional puppets so vulnerable that he is not able to follow up with more aggressive actions.
    If Russia, China and Iran act in coordination I think they can prevail again, but like I said my impression is that its only a one off attempt to pull the strings a little bit in his internal battle.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:52 pm

calm wrote:

runways intact

Location of damaged areas inside Shayrat AB after #UnitedStates cruise missile strikes
    Syrian War: News #12 - Page 9 C8zgSF3XoAAtUP7

Final count
    9 jet destroyed

Combat efficiency of the strike described as "quite poor".

Then there's  this:
    "A number of measures aimed at strengthening and improving the effectiveness of the Syrian air defense system will be implemented in the near future in order to protect the vital parts of the Syrian infrastructure," Konashenkov said.

Will be waiting to see the specifics on that. There'll be some more modern replacements for the destroyed aircraft too, hopefully.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:05 pm

calm wrote:

runways intact

Final count
    9 jet destroyed

61% of missiles are AWOL. 10-15% of all cruise missile anywhere always fail in flight so let's say 50% are accounted for. Where is the rest?

I don't think that Russia shot them down (they did monitor the strikes and yes: lol1 )

There are three possibilities here:

1) Super low quality batch of missiles. Unlikely though. Production standards may have gone down after Cold War but not this much.

2) SAA shot down rest of them. It's not hard, standard AA artillery is more than enough and they also have MANPADS and SAMs available. Piece of cake, especially if they had VKS to do spotting for them.  

3) Russia jammed them.

4) 30 missiles that were launched managed to achieve sentience mid-flight and have went into hiding to plot revenge against their former human masters.

Option number 4 terrifies me most. affraid
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Spoofing the GPS is not that hard from what I'm told. However, something definitely happened to cause 60% of the enroute ordinance to change sides and commit seppuku. I'd be willing to bet some of the missing airframes are being autopsied as we speak and not by their masters.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Some sources said, that SAA was informed before US attack and that they remove planes and equipment before missiles come. So it is possible, that the jets, which were hit, were actually non flying ones used for spare parts.

23 missiles of 59 launched hit the air base. So 36 missiles is missing. This is exactly the full BK of 3 Pantsir-S1 complexes (3 x 12 = 36). So maybe a unit of 3 Pantsirs shot down 36 Tomahawks and than run out of missiles, but they fly too far away to shot down the rest with guns.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Back to the rarefied air of International Law, I think that in effect the US has probably just gone to war with Syria.

In a statement on Friday morning, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said that the US missile strike violated not only international, and added that the attack “was on the brink of military clashes with Russia.”

“Instead of their much-publicized thesis about a joint fight with a common enemy, Islamic State [IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL], the Trump administration has proven that it will fiercely fight against the legal government of Syria,” Medvedev wrote on his Facebook page.

Meanwhile, the International Committee of the Red Criss told Reuters that the situation in Syria "amounts to an international armed conflict" following U.S. missile strikes on a Syrian airbase.

"Any military operation by a state on the territory of another without the consent of the other amounts to an international armed conflict," ICRC spokeswoman Iolanda Jaquemet told Reuters in Geneva in response to a query.

"So according to available information - the U.S. attack on Syrian military infrastructure - the situation amounts to an international armed conflict."

Previous air strikes on Syrian territory by a U.S.-led coalition have been against only the militant group Islamic State, which is also the enemy of the Syrian government. Russia has carried out air strikes in tandem with its ally Syria since Sept. 2015, while Iranian militias are also fighting alongside the troops of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. ICRC officials were raising the U.S. attack with U.S. authorities as part of its ongoing confidential dialogue with parties to the conflict, Jaquemet said, declining to give details.

The ICRC, guardian of the Geneva Conventions setting down the rules of war, declared Syria an internal armed conflict - or civil war, in layman's terms - in July 2012.

Under international humanitarian law, whether a conflict is internal or international, civilians must be spared and medical facilities protected. Warring parties must observe the key principles of precaution and proportionality and distinguish between combatants and civilians.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-07/russian-pm-us-brink-military-clash-russia
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:20 pm

http://www.geopolitica.ru/en
    This is a good blog on the topic. I'm surprised its not mentioned more.
    I don't nec agree with all of it, but nonetheless.

Anyway 23 of 59 missiles were stopped, Russia claims.
    Here's my own personal observation.

Thats 61% failed. Thats the Fibonacci ratio. Generally considered to be the most important ratio in science, nature and maths. Basically, its the fundamental code of the universe - it related to beauty, spirals, cellular patterns EVERYTHING.

I wonder what Russia is trying to say.
    Perhaps "According to the natural order, your efforts are waning and will get weaker and die"?

23 of 59, the statement or the reality was no "accident".
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:23 pm

So Rugrat Trump decided to "look tough" but ends up looking a coward who's afraid of Clinton's Neo Con gang.

He invokes the ire of Russia The Neo Cons have him as their bitch. And Russia gets final proof that he's as (LMAO) "trustworthy" as Erdogan and a caravan of gypsies.

Rugrat now has no friends on either side. Loudmouthed AND stupid.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:43 am