Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
kvs
VARGR198
ATLASCUB
eehnie
storm333
Karbafoz
Viktor
slasher
Big_Gazza
KomissarBojanchev
Arctic_Fox
Azi
Regular
calm
Akula971
Ispan
KoTeMoRe
higurashihougi
Cowboy's daughter
JohninMK
franco
Benya
ultimatewarrior
medo
Odin of Ossetia
nihilusa
Firebird
GarryB
Karl Haushofer
OminousSpudd
whir
ExBeobachter1987
flamming_python
Neutrality
airstrike
AlfaT8
Cheetah
TheArmenian
George1
MMBR
VladimirSahin
Vann7
KiloGolf
par far
Godric
Khepesh
52 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

kvs
    kvs

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

Post  kvs Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:23 am

This war is the only thing that the Kiev regime has. Ukraine's economy is collapsing and discontent is growing. Faking up
    some unity over the big war with Russia seems to be enough dope to keep the Banderastani rabble distracted.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:45 am

kvs wrote:This war is the only thing that the Kiev regime has.   Ukraine's economy is collapsing and discontent is growing.   Faking up
    some unity over the big war with Russia seems to be enough dope to keep the Banderastani rabble distracted.  

Well, the longer you are hooked on dope, the more painful and potentially lethal the rehab. Cool
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:13 am

Doesn't look like Ukies are holding onto Zhelobok. Apparently LNR held onto it as contrary to Ukie media stated.

http://eu.eot.su/2017/06/08/lpr-peoples-militia-repels-yet-another-ukrainian-armys-breakthrough-attempt/

LPR People’s Militia repels yet another Ukrainian army’s breakthrough attempt

The Ukrainian army was thrown back after yet another breakthrough attempt in the area of Zhelobok, a source in the Lugansk People’s Republic People’s Militia informed a Rossa Primavera News Agency reporter on June 7.

At 4 p.m. local time, the Ukrainian army attempted a break through, but lost 10 soldiers and retreated. The village of Zhelobok is under LPR People’s Militia control. As of today, no military actions are being conducted.

On June 7, LPR Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) and LPR People’s Militia servicemen started preparing evacuation of children from Kirovsk city area, which is being shelled by the Ukrainian military, LPR People’s Militia officer Andrey Marochko informed TASS journalists.

According to Marochko, “At the moment Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) of LPR with the support of Kirovsk city administration started preparing evacuation of children from Golubovskoe, Berezovskoe, and Donetsky, situated in close vicinity to active war zone”.

Deputy Head of Administration of the Republic, Oleg Chernousov noted that local authorities must provide assistance to Kirovsk district residents to repair the damage inflicted by the Ukrainian army’s shelling. “We’d like to express our support to all the people of the district. In this context I ask local authorities and bodies of executive power to do all that is possible to help people who got into difficult situation and in accordance with the appropriate procedures to restore infrastructure and life facilities,” said Chernousov.

Much damage was done to Kirovsk, Donetskiy, Stakhanov, Frunze, and also the village of Zhelobokduring the attempted breakthrough and shelling by the Ukrainian army with 120mm caliber guns . According to LPR People’s Militia information, the enemy attacked from villages of Novotoshkovskoye and Krimskoye at 6.20 a.m. The attackers fired 152mm and 122mm guns and infantry fighting vehicles. 27 buildings were destroyed, and one civilian was killed. Later, at 9.10 a.m. two Ukrainian army’s platoons started moving towards the village of Zhelobok where they were stopped by the People’s Militia . People’s Militia also shot down a drone, which was adjusting the Ukrainian army’s artillery fire.

Source: Rossa Primavera News Agency
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:42 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Doesn't look like Ukies are holding onto Zhelobok.  Apparently LNR held onto it as contrary to Ukie media stated.

As far as I can tell they are still holding onto the commanding height, hill 175

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 32 Df9924033b05

Nobody knows what's the frontline, but the Ukrops must be dislodged from that hill, it threatens the positions along the road.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Wasn't that hill part of the grey zone? Since NAF didn't hold it, it will be hard to dislodge the Ukies from it since it will be up to the Europeans and US to tell the Ukies to back off, and we all know they wont do that. Instead, best NAF can do is continuously pound that spot with artillery till the Ukies back off.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:41 am

NAF isn't being as aggressive as it should be. Nor is Russia... I'm not sure if they're on the leash as a fellow forum mate told me, or maybe locally they don't have the initiative? At this point it doesn't matter if NAF goes on the offensive, either way they're the bad guys in the western media.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:38 am

They are on a leash sort of. But they have been bombing the Ukies back. So it isn't like they are sitting still. They are just not gaining new territory. All because of the Minsk agreements. Russia is playing the waiting game and Novorussia is playing the defensive game while Ukraine is picking at them continuously and USA/EU don't have any sort of real plan at the moment.

All in all, I feel bad for the Novorussians as they are stuck at the current position they are until Ukraine does actually try to go all in again and force the hands of the Russians. These "Skirmishes" is apparently not quite classified as justifiable because all they managed to take (Ukies) is grey areas (areas not held by anyone). So apparently, while being a breaking the minsk agreement kind of move, isn't apparently one to justify Novorussia to go on full offensive.
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:28 am

miketheterrible wrote:Wasn't that hill part of the grey zone?  Since NAF didn't hold it, it will be hard to dislodge the Ukies from it

Nah, it was taken and was lost because the garrison was pounded by Ukie artillery, and yes it's a tough nut to crack and will recquire a planned counterattack to recover.

You can read more about it in my blog using google trans. I tried, and my writing in Spanish translates better into English than I expected

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2017/06/08/combates-en-zholobok/

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2017/06/07/parte-de-guerra-07062017/

Zhelobok is confirmed to be in Novorussian hands, nothing said about hill 175

http://voicesevas.ru/news/32205-esche-raz-pro-zhelobok-ili-luchshe-odin-raz-uvidet.html

To Vladimir:

quote:

"In general, the situation at the front can be characterized as stably-heavy. Ukrops correctly implement their advantage in manpower and armament, but so far no significant results have been achieved. Unless the "gray zone" no longer exists, and the war after quiet in 2016 with its shelling from afar is rapidly turning into a close range combats with a solid line of defense a la PMV (?) and a daily expense of the b / c (heavy caliber artillery) capable of making anyone turn gray in RAW."
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Ukies are bombarding again, and being even more relentless. The silence from Russia and others is quite sickening to be honest. I still not sure why NAF bothers with Minsk when the others don't.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:04 pm

I am a bit confused. Kiev regime forces set up shop on the outskirts of cities and shell residential areas. But it seems
    that they are rarely counter-shelled. Maybe I am wrong about counter-shelling. But it is f*cking retarded not to counter-shell
    the f*ckers. Even if there is some collateral damage on a small village. But from videos I have seen, the Kiev regime
    forces often park their asses out in the open. Why are the NAF so worried about counter-shelling? Because CNN is
    going to spew excrement? Who cares. CNN has no credibility and it can't fake up masses of dead civilians from
    the counter-shelling.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:31 pm

The fact Novorussia is playing with the lives of their own civilians for an agreement that is pointless makes me not support them anymore. I was hoping they would counter the Ukies but they don't. They only play defensive and it is costing lives nearly every day.

Although, seldom do I hear them use artillery back.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Due to the lack of actual video evidence and lack of retaliation from NAF, I find it hard to support them anymore. Basurin has to go as he is helping the murder of his own people.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:50 am

http://www.stalkerzone.org/former-ato-soldier-uaf-propagandist-people-dont-love-ukrainian-army/

Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:11 am

Kiev Accuses Donbass Militia of Violating Ceasefire 67 Times Over Past 24 Hours

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201706121054540879-kiev-violation-ceasefire-donbass/

So the Ukrops bombard novorossia relentlessly and then accuse them of ceasefire violations? Laughing Rolling Eyes
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:55 am

kvs wrote:I am a bit confused.  Kiev regime forces set up shop on the outskirts of cities and shell residential areas.   But it seems that they are rarely counter-shelled.   Maybe I am wrong about counter-shelling.

Regardless of the complaints of frontline fighters and the pretense from the command that the Novorussians are observing the ceasefire, when the attacks are hard enough, the Novorussian artillery and mortars do fire back. Frontline reports artillery duels daily. The counterbattery is quite effective, and the dozens of wounded that arrived everyday at Ukrainian hospitals throughout last year, and no doubt also during this year, are testament that the ukrops are being hit hard.

Kremlin wants desperately to keep the war frozen, or at least stabilized until next year, once Putin is reelected and ideally after the football world cup.

Russia priorities are to gain time for rearmament, and finish the war on Syria before settling scores with Ukraine.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:34 am

Ispan wrote:
    kvs wrote:I am a bit confused.  Kiev regime forces set up shop on the outskirts of cities and shell residential areas.   But it seems that they are rarely counter-shelled.   Maybe I am wrong about counter-shelling.

Regardless of the complaints of frontline fighters and the pretense from the command that the Novorussians are observing the ceasefire, when the attacks are hard enough, the Novorussian artillery and mortars do fire back. Frontline reports artillery duels daily. The counterbattery is quite effective, and the dozens of wounded that arrived everyday at Ukrainian hospitals throughout last year, and no doubt also during this year, are testament that the ukrops are being hit hard.

Kremlin wants desperately to keep the war frozen, or at least stabilized until next year, once Putin is reelected and ideally after the football world cup.

Russia priorities are to gain time for rearmament, and finish the war on Syria before settling scores with Ukraine.

Thank you very much for the clarification. So they do try to fight back but are being pressured by mother Russia to abide
    by the Minsk II farce. I think it is a big mistake for the Russian government to put this sort of pressure on. Let the rebels
    do what they want and let the NATO lie chorus media screech all it wants. I do not find it plausible that by pandering to
    NATO in the Donbas, Russia secures itself from a NATO attack. It is clear by now that NATO is yet another drang nach osten
    frenzy and Russia needs to be ready to nuke everything in sight.

An important detail is that there is news fatigue about Ukraine (aka Banderastan) so the rebels can get away with a lot more
    than in 2014/2015.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:39 pm

A long article on the demise of the steel industry in Ukraine. Is this really unintentional or is it part of a long term strategy by the EU to kill a competitor?

Ukraine's once-proud metallurgical industry, previously accounting for 10-13% of the country's GDP, and providing up to 40% of the country's export earnings, is facing a severe crisis. The latest figures show that the production of steel, rolled metal and iron were down 18-22% in the first five months of 2017.

According to stats published by Ukrmetallurgprom, a Ukrainian association of metallurgical plants, steel production fell by 18%, to 8.7 million metric tonsbetween January and May 2017, year on year. In the same period, output of rolled metal products dropped 20%, to 7.46 million tons, while iron production fell 22% to 7.92 million tons. Coking coal production also fell 25%, to 4.18 million tons, indicating a major drop in producer demand.

Throughout the 1990s and into the early 2010s, Ukraine enjoyed the status of a major steel-producing power. Responsible for about a third of Soviet steel production in 1990 (when the USSR was ranked number one in global steel output), Ukraine ranked fifth in the world in steel output immediately following independence in 1992. A quarter of a century later, the country faces the prospect of dropping out of the top ten producers.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201706131054586617-ukraine-steel-production-drop/
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Apparently Ukraine tried to use NAF filmed op as their own and claimed it as gained territory. But the video was shared by the NAF forces earlier on social networking sites.

http://www.stalkerzone.org/full-video-filmed-dpr-militiamen-abandoned-positions-uaf/

Areas once controlled by UAF then abandoned.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:07 am

JohninMK wrote:A long article on the demise of the steel industry in Ukraine. Is this really unintentional or is it part of a long term strategy by the EU to kill a competitor?

Ukraine's once-proud metallurgical industry, previously accounting for 10-13% of the country's GDP, and providing up to 40% of the country's export earnings, is facing a severe crisis. The latest figures show that the production of steel, rolled metal and iron were down 18-22% in the first five months of 2017.

According to stats published by Ukrmetallurgprom, a Ukrainian association of metallurgical plants, steel production fell by 18%, to 8.7 million metric tonsbetween January and May 2017, year on year. In the same period, output of rolled metal products dropped 20%, to 7.46 million tons, while iron production fell 22% to 7.92 million tons. Coking coal production also fell 25%, to 4.18 million tons, indicating a major drop in producer demand.

Throughout the 1990s and into the early 2010s, Ukraine enjoyed the status of a major steel-producing power. Responsible for about a third of Soviet steel production in 1990 (when the USSR was ranked number one in global steel output), Ukraine ranked fifth in the world in steel output immediately following independence in 1992. A quarter of a century later, the country faces the prospect of dropping out of the top ten producers.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201706131054586617-ukraine-steel-production-drop/

I'd say if steel production was a State enterprise, then the EU probably couldn't care less about it failing.

I'm curious, how is the privatization of industries going?
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:50 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:A long article on the demise of the steel industry in Ukraine. Is this really unintentional or is it part of a long term strategy by the EU to kill a competitor?

I'd say if steel production was a State enterprise, then the EU probably couldn't care less about it failing.

I'm curious, how is the privatization of industries going?

It is more the contrary. The EU cares more about public enterprises, not about private companies, because they affect to the public accounts.

The privatization surely is being done under the US rule, and surely is being a pure plundering of Ukraine. Surely the public companies are being given to the friends of who control the Ukranian government at advantageous prizes.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:42 am

It is all a fire sale. In the end, Ukraine will only be an agricultural economy with nothing else while Russia will have a competing agricultural economy mixed in with heavy industrial and high tech.

And the fire sale is getting everyone worried in Ukraine as the IMF put it as a prerequisites in order to get the next following loans.

Don't you find that funny? In order to get a loan that you have to pay back, you have to undersell your assets to foreigners. That is loanshark mentality and yet it is an international legal body.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:16 am

miketheterrible wrote:It is all a fire sale.  In the end, Ukraine will only be an agricultural economy with nothing else while Russia will have a competing agricultural economy mixed in with heavy industrial and high tech.

And the fire sale is getting everyone worried in Ukraine as the IMF put it as a prerequisites in order to get the next following loans.

Don't you find that funny? In order to get a loan that you have to pay back, you have to undersell your assets to foreigners. That is loanshark mentality and yet it is an international legal body.

It is a policy of country predation for the benefit of the American olygarchy.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:50 am

eehnie wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:It is all a fire sale.  In the end, Ukraine will only be an agricultural economy with nothing else while Russia will have a competing agricultural economy mixed in with heavy industrial and high tech.

It is a policy of country predation for the benefit of the American olygarchy.

yes, I agree it is.  And in the end, many follow it.  I would have told the IMF they can go collectively fuck themselves and just live within my means as a nation and concentrate on local development.  For things like making microprocessors, I would just let my own nations company design it and then work with TMSC or some alternative to manufacture it.  Do this with nearly every industry and your country will be bringing in the money anyway. A lot of these other countries simply rely on inflow of debt and live off of it instead of actually doing anything. Ukraine is that example. People at top don't give a shit and are just willing to let it all go to the toilet while they just hand away their land, businesses and overall assets to foreigners. The cheapest and easiest way to invade a nation.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:40 pm

Apologies for long post but thought it worth copying to here.

Russia has two army corps of proxies operating in Ukrainian territory, including electronic warfare companies, defence sources have revealed.

These units are experts, trained to use complex and expensive EW equipment that can be damaging to Ukrainian military and security forces, delegates at the EW Europe conference in London last week heard. Military sources stated that these EW formations were professional regular Russian Army units controlled from Russia and cannot be directed by Ukrainian rebels or local workers as officially claimed by Moscow. Employing powerful technology to disrupt and damage Ukrainian forces, these EW specialists have been increasing in numbers since 2016 and throughout 2017.

The experience of Ukrainian forces is four-fold. Firstly, the Russian units are able to deny operations in large areas of territory by the wide-scale use of the R-330Zh Shypovnik-Aero jamming system.

Secondly, VHF, UHF and GSM communications are being denied using the Borisoglebsk-2 and Infauna-2M systems.

Thirdly, the integration of EW assets and fire support means that Ukrainian units are targeted for bombardment; and, fourthly, they are able to detect and gather information using the Svet-Ku and Dzuidoist signals intelligence (SIGINT) systems.

These vehicle-mounted systems are all employed within the EW companies, each of which includes a command and control platoon (C2) that has two RB-341V Leer-3 mobile ground control stations, based on a Kamaz-5350 6x6 truck. It also has a VHF jamming and interference platoon that have two P-378БMB tracked vehicles; a UHF jamming/interference platoon with two P-330БMB tracked vehicles; and a jamming/interference platoon that has six vehicles comprising two P-330Ж, two PП-377П, and two P-934УM systems.

All of these vehicles have been spotted in the occupied territory of eastern Ukraine. A map of the region presented at the conference showed that 19 Russian EW formations have been stationed in the Donetsk and Lugansk areas since December 2016.

Delegates at EW Europe heard how these systems were able to secure EW domination across the spectrum and that they are difficult to counter using the Ukrainian military’s existing 1980/90s vintage systems.

Ukraine’s Topaz factory, which manufactured electronic warfare systems, was located in the Donetsk region. It has been destroyed and all its equipment and documentation removed.

Russia’s tactics include jamming designated areas, suppressing radio networks, and sending SMS messages to soldiers’ private phones telling them their commander has run away or that their units are surrendering.

The Leer-3 system operates in the frequencies ranges: 890-915MHz, 935-960MHz, 1710-1785MHz and 1805-1880MHz.

The Borisoglebsk-2 system includes a couple of stations: the tracked P-378BMV Electronic Interference Station that operates from 1.5-29.9MHz and the R-330BMV jamming station.

The Infauna RB531B system operates at 25-2500MHz and is based on an 8x8 APC vehicle. The RP-377LA Lorandit SIGINT system is based on a 4x4 truck and operates from 20-2,000MHz but specifically in the 137-174, 410-470 and 100-500MHz ranges.

As recent as July 2016 the Shipovnik-Aero system was seen in Donetsk city centre to jam UAV channels and intercept signals from them. In 2015-16 two operational UAVs were lost.

Sources stated that it is impossible to operate UAVs in this environment and other effects include an impact on Ukrainian C2 systems at company, battalion and brigade levels, not to mention the loss of control of Ukrainian units heading towards the combat zones and in tactical situations. Furthermore, the Russian EW systems are able to collect information about Ukrainian positions and methods of control and can evaluate the effectiveness of the short term blocking of radio communications and see how Ukrainian units react.

One new system is the Murmansk strategic jamming system that has been deployed to the Crimea region that uses 400kW of power and can radiate signals up to 5,000km, affecting radio receiving equipment on all kinds of frequencies.

To try and counter Russia’s capability to destroy C2 networks by jamming radio communications, radars, GPS, and SATCOM signals including Iridium and Inmarsat, Ukraine wants to buy new systems. Despite this, apart from a couple of dozen AN/TPQ-36 counterfire target acquisition radars from Thales Raytheon and AN/TPQ-49 lightweight counter mortar radar systems from US company SRC, Ukraine has only been given some low-level tactical EW equipment.

This equipment is inconsistent in Ukraine’s climate conditions where they need to be able to operate in temperatures ranging from -40°C to 50°C. In particular and charging batteries takes time and reduces operational availability. There are reduced levels of reliability in the connectors and cables at low temperatures, although the counter battery radars have been effective and have reportedly saved lives and assets.

The use of EW is an attractive option for Russia - it is highly effective, hard to trace and is less likely to be seen as aggression because it is not bombs or bullets and is won’t draw the ire of the international community.

It could be an indication of future wars that will be won by those that can dominate the electromagnetic spectrum and cyberspace.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/digital-battlespace/ew-europe-russias-electronic-war-ukraine/
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Anonymous sources again. Pure fiction. The narrative being peddled is that the mighty Ukr army is fighting the Russian
    army in the Donbas. So any bit of agitprop to push this BS narrative will do. I love all the fake detail about which Russian
    companies are involved. No amount of spying by the US would provide such a rich information profile. It is fantasy by
    the author of this propaganda piece.

Also, since when did NATO restrain itself from open assistance to rebels around the world? Exhibit A: Ukraine. Assisting
    coups and insurgencies is a full time activity for NATO. Russia is not legally obligated to sit by and watch as the maggots
    in Kiev ethnically cleanse the Donbas. By sending the rebels weapons, EW equipment and trainers Russia is doing the morally
    correct thing. However, Russia is also messing things up by pressuring the rebels to abide by the Minsk II nonsense.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:25 am