Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+57
flamming_python
arpakola
higurashihougi
Mr.Comrade
BKP
GunshipDemocracy
magnumcromagnon
Regular
Vann7
Arctic_Fox
franco
Rodinazombie
VladimirSahin
MMBR
Grazneyar
Hannibal Barca
Big_Gazza
TheArmenian
eehnie
Benya
Ispan
GarryB
OminousSpudd
Khepesh
KiloGolf
JohninMK
auslander
ultimatewarrior
whir
airstrike
Odin of Ossetia
PapaDragon
Godric
par far
zorobabel
Project Canada
VARGR198
RTN
jhelb
Firebird
George1
calm
kvs
AlfaT8
Werewolf
Aristonicus
wilhelm
Resistance
SturmGuard
ExBeobachter1987
KoTeMoRe
Boshoed
sepheronx
Karl Haushofer
medo
Neutrality
Cowboy's daughter
61 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25

JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #25

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:11 pm

I too read that the man arrested was a 'local' and not Roma.

Also that the Roma, who's name most in the UK think is probably short for Rumanian and who most regard as gypsies, are amongst the lowest of the low with little if any love from the general UK population to whom gypsies in general are a pest.

As to the Ukrainian Nazis, attacking Roma is probably regarded as a good sport, bit like kicking an anthill. Then this kind of event has never featured in the Western MSN who's interest falls off exponentially the further you go East from a vertical line on the map through Berlin, until you get to Moscow when it suddenly re-ignites.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #25

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:19 pm

JohninMK wrote:I too read that the man arrested was a 'local' and not Roma.

Also that the Roma, who's name most in the UK think is probably short for Rumanian and who most regard as gypsies, are amongst the lowest of the low with little if any love from the general UK population to whom gypsies in general are a pest.

As to the Ukrainian Nazis, attacking Roma is probably regarded as a good sport, bit like kicking an anthill. Then this kind of event has never featured in the Western MSN who's interest falls off exponentially the further you go East from a vertical line on the map through Berlin, until you get to Moscow when it suddenly re-ignites.

Truer words have never been spoken! all of what you said!

edited to add, they don't even report crap THAT HAPPENS in the USA!! Sad Shocked attack

Last edited by Cowboy's daughter on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:22 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Lord, I can't spell this morning!)
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Great little video; beautiful crafts! ..glass and iron

VPE Special. Miners' Day in Donetsk, Aug. 28. DPR. Eng. Subs.  

VPE Special. Miners' Day in Donetsk, Aug. 28. DPR. Eng. Subs. 720p.

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=604_1472763623#9C1gFshIfduWs05x.99
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:11 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

Respectfully, Khepesh,

I read that the person who raped and murdered the girl was not Roma.

On the contrary, in the West, Roma are treated very badly. Spit on in public, etc. Discriminated against in England, even Ireland, and the USA. & other European countries
    They have a bad rep. , in the USA (the Travelers), and with reason, but not all are criminals.
    At the present there is a religious revival going on in the Gypsy Church in Wales among the Roma, Travelers, etc. Thousands are converting to Jesus Christ.

IMHO, the Roma were attacked in Ukraine, IN PART because ultra Nationalists in Ukraine attack anyone who is not "Ukrainian", as they attacked the Vietnamese.

Probably most persons in the USA haven't got a clue who the Roma are, nor anything about them, so DO NOT perceive them as Russian.

Persons who are educated know the Roma ancestors came from India.

Western media didn't report it, because Western media doesn't report cow dung.

About 10,000 Native Americans, all tribes, are at Cannonball South Dakota, protesting an oil pipe line, protecting water (Missouri river). They were attacked with attack dogs by private security. Do you think the Western Media is reporting it? No, not unless it's propaganda, against them.

Democracy Now happened to be there, or no one would have been there to report.

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/9/4/dakota_access_pipeline_company_attacks_native

edited to add: I personally know of no one in the USA who has contempt for Slavs or hates Russians. What persons see in the West or the USA is political bullshit, propaganda, in the media,-- political parties attempting to justify their actions, or Administrations attempting to justify their actions, etc. boot-licking Corporations, Wall Street and the super wealthy of the world... ugh...money, greed...

We've had Occupy Wall Street, which protestors were stepped on hard. We've just had a rigged election, where Hillary got the Dem. nomination instead of Bernie Sanders, the result being Dem Exit, persons leaving the Democrat Party, & hopefully Americans will come together to change the status quo, if they can.

We are a Country of all ethnicities.
    The issue I am pointing out is that the so called concern of the West for people in Ukraine is false. It is how the West, in particular the extremely Russophobic anglophone media and politicians, while saying that Ukraine is a real country and Ukrainian a real ethnicity, do so only for their own cynical purposes and are well aware of reality. Without insult to any minorities in Ukraine, my posts are not about them or any specific incidents, it is about that when something happens, the mask of the West slips and either an incident is not reported, not properly reported, or they come straight out and act like Ukrainians are in fact "bad Russians", so showing their contempt of Ukrainians and that they really do know the reality that there is no such thing as Ukraine. I posted very much in favor of the Vietnamese who were attacked by banderas in Odessa I will remind, and in America my sympathies are entirely with the Native Americans, I'm even a "fan" of Red Thunder, good name Smile
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:29 pm

My experience is that those like you Khepesh and others here who are in or from the East of Europe have a far better understanding of Europe as an entity than anyone west of my imaginary line. Very little is taught on the subject at school and even less is in the MSN. As our population ages it can only get worse as the quality and breadth, bad though it is, is further dumbed down in all but the best, most exclusive schools.

If it were not for the cheap, usually drunken, weekends then even fewer would have any idea of what the East is like. I carefully excluded where it is as many will just know it as 2 hours away in a plane that didn't go south to the sun!
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Classic Poro 'woe is us, give us another sub' speech today. This is a small quote. Those idiots shot themselves in one export foot with their wonderful EU deal cutting existing exports and the other foot by them themselves stopping valuable exports to Russia. Not that either of those seemed to be in his speech, strange that.

Speaking in an annual address to the Ukrainian parliament, Poroshenko said that his country's exports to Russia continue to decline.

"In 2015, our exports to Russia fell by half in comparison to 2014 and this is not yet the bottom. Russia's share in Ukrainian exports currently stands at only 9 percent, with a tendency to fall further," he said. He added that due to the economic downturn, Ukraine has lost "tens if not hundreds of thousands of jobs." According to him, "this economic aggression is one of the main reasons for the rapid decline in [Ukraine's] living standards."

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/world/20160906/1045018510/russia-ukraine-poroshenko-sanctions.html
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:53 pm

JohninMK wrote:My experience is that those like you Khepesh and others here who are in or from the East of Europe have a far better understanding of Europe as an entity than anyone west of my imaginary line. Very little is taught on the subject at school and even less is in the MSN. As our population ages it can only get worse as the quality and breadth, bad though it is, is further dumbed down in all but the best, most exclusive schools.

If it were not for the cheap, usually drunken, weekends then even fewer would have any idea of what the East is like. I carefully excluded where it is as many will just know it as 2 hours away in a plane that didn't go south to the sun!

I see in this forum a high lack of understanding about how Europe is and works. I see here a lot of identification of Europe with the US and this is wrong. Maybe the people in the UK and in Eastern Europe think it, but this is not right. Unfortunately we are few Europeans from the rest of the countries here.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:15 pm

eehnie wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:My experience is that those like you Khepesh and others here who are in or from the East of Europe have a far better understanding of Europe as an entity than anyone west of my imaginary line. Very little is taught on the subject at school and even less is in the MSN. As our population ages it can only get worse as the quality and breadth, bad though it is, is further dumbed down in all but the best, most exclusive schools.

I see in this forum a high lack of understanding about how Europe is and works. I see here a lot of identification of Europe with the US and this is wrong. Maybe the people in the UK and in Eastern Europe think it, but this is not right. Unfortunately we are few Europeans from the rest of the countries here.
    Not sure how my comment generated yours but as you have made it I will comment.

I understand what you are saying as, from a 'man in the street' perspective, there are big cultural differences between not just Europe and the US but also between different European countries. The issue in my mind is really an almost total lack of awareness in Europe of the stranglehold that the US in particular has had over top level state strategy here since WW2. This is not the thread to argue this in in general but it is clear that, as an example, the Ukraine, as a fairly recent new US vassal state, is under US strategic control.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:25 pm

One of the reasons I often use word "anglophone" is to put a difference between Europe and UK/Washington. Europe in general, not the EU as a specific, is not stupid, or at least the normal people are not, and we see normal attitudes from them towards Russia, and in some countries, particulary Italy, open support for Donbass. When Germany removes the shackles of 71 years of occupation and France gets a new de Gaulle instead of grey apparatchiks pretending to be "independant" but licking Washington's ass, then the situation may change in Europe for the better and Russia can have more normal relations, instead of pretending to deal with "sovereign" governments when really they are go-betweens for Washington with no more power than a librarian.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:37 pm

This will probably be seen as more crying wolf.....
    Today Zakharchenko has again said that the situation for Poroshenko is critical, and that the only way he can avoid political and economic problems in Ukraine is to attack, but of course he needs to win, which he cannot. Zakharchenko also again stressed that Kiev's forces are ready to launch a three pronged attack at any moment and without any warning signs. I do not believe he says this for no reason, or repeats it seemingly every week for no reason. It could be argued that for sake of civilians mental health, he shuts up as talk of war is disturbing, but he knows that crying wolf is probably better than everybody getting sudden surprise and wondering why there are ukrops tanks driving thru Makeevka.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:48 pm

JohninMK wrote:Classic Poro 'woe is us, give us another sub' speech today. This is a small quote. Those idiots shot themselves in one export foot with their wonderful EU deal cutting existing exports and the other foot by them themselves stopping valuable exports to Russia. Not that either of those seemed to be in his speech, strange that.

Speaking in an annual address to the Ukrainian parliament, Poroshenko said that his country's exports to Russia continue to decline.

"In 2015, our exports to Russia fell by half in comparison to 2014 and this is not yet the bottom. Russia's share in Ukrainian exports currently stands at only 9 percent, with a tendency to fall further," he said. He added that due to the economic downturn, Ukraine has lost "tens if not hundreds of thousands of jobs." According to him, "this economic aggression is one of the main reasons for the rapid decline in [Ukraine's] living standards."

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/world/20160906/1045018510/russia-ukraine-poroshenko-sanctions.html

And, Shell some more of your own citizens and infrastructure, ya dumb ass Poroshenko.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:39 pm

Khepesh wrote:One of the reasons I often use word "anglophone" is to put a difference between Europe and UK/Washington. Europe in general, not the EU as a specific, is not stupid, or at least the normal people are not, and we see normal attitudes from them towards Russia, and in some countries, particulary Italy, open support for Donbass. When Germany removes the shackles of 71 years of occupation and France gets a new de Gaulle instead of grey apparatchiks pretending to be "independant" but licking Washington's ass, then the situation may change in Europe for the better and Russia can have more normal relations, instead of pretending to deal with "sovereign" governments when really they are go-betweens for Washington with no more power than a librarian.
    Agree but I don't hold out much hope. Even when we Brexit there will not be much change on the mainland, the invisible financial strings are just too strong. Once any new, uncorrupted leader assumes power they will be given a presentation on the real world they have entered and in particular the risks that they and their family run should they go off-piste, set against the rewards for keeping to the script, in actions if not in words. There are plenty of examples available.

It has been running for so long (the real take-offs were 1815 when Rothschild bought Britain and 1913 when they started the Fed and bought the US) that all the wrinkles have been ironed out. What is less clear is how far the tentacles extend east and how deep they penetrate. Many are not aware that Mao went to a Yale funded and organised school and that Western bankers were deep inside China funding his revolution. This is a fascinating read on the subject http://letsrollforums.com//mao-and-skull-n-t31762.html?t=31762

Smoke and mirrors?

As you say in the other post, due to their total incompetence at the start, Poro and company are up the creek without a paddle. The US behind them, Russia in front. They just have to do enough to justify to their master that they are allowed to jump ship. Sod the poor bastards at the front.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:47 pm

Report, unconfirmed, that Strela-10 has shot down ukrops UAV over Donetsk city.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:19 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Agree but I don't hold out much hope. Even when we Brexit there will not be much change on the mainland, the invisible financial strings are just too strong. Once any new, uncorrupted leader assumes power they will be given a presentation on the real world they have entered and in particular the risks that they and their family run should they go off-piste, set against the rewards for keeping to the script, in actions if not in words. There are plenty of examples available.

It has been running for so long (the real take-offs were 1815 when Rothschild bought Britain and 1913 when they started the Fed and bought the US) that all the wrinkles have been ironed out. What is less clear is how far the tentacles extend east and how deep they penetrate. Many are not aware that Mao went to a Yale funded and organised school and that Western bankers were deep inside China funding his revolution. This is a fascinating read on the subject http://letsrollforums.com//mao-and-skull-n-t31762.html?t=31762

Smoke and mirrors?

As you say in the other post, due to their total incompetence at the start, Poro and company are up the creek without a paddle. The US behind them, Russia in front. They just have to do enough to justify to their master that they are allowed to jump ship. Sod the poor bastards at the front.
    History is rather funny. The relations between Russia and England used to be extremely good for many centuries, from Richard Chancellor to defeat of Napoleon, when Alexander I visited London with 30000 men of Imperial Life Guard, the Cossack regiments camped on Regents Park, and all very well admired and good feelings all round. In Moscow in Kitai-gorod is still the "English House", the home of the first Western embassador to Moscow and then used by English merchants. Yet now there is "electronic spy rocks" near Kremlin, hate in the press, and it is difficult to understand what went wrong. But then Princess Anne vists Archangelsk for ceremony commemerating the arctic convoys and the many who died. And the old men surviving are not allowed to wear their medals awarded by Soviet government, spiteful and distasteful. But of course there is Crimea and the pointless invasion and destruction of Sevastopol, for what? nothing. The refusal to allow Admiral Rozhestvensky to sail thru Suez canal, and so causing misery on the trip around Africa and leading, IMO, to the disaster that followed as the men were ill and tired and the ships in bad order by the time of the battle. The refusal to allow Nikolai II and his family to even have the possibility of exile in England, something that Kerensky and then even the Bolsheviks may probably have allowed. But I start to write a wall of boring offtopic text.....
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Became distracted.. Rioting, shooting and throwing of grenades in Svyatoshinsky district of Kiev by veterans of various nationalist battalions, and supported, at least by word, by Semenchenko. They are rioting about housing. http://rusvesna.su/news/1473187600 Kiev media also reporting this http://112.ua/video/na-svyatoshino-voznik-stroitelnyy-konflikt-06092016-209869.html

Edit: long video, 4 hours, of the excitement. Not constant fighting, and at 52:00 there is a taste of what was happening.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 pm

Because this is reported from Donetsk, I'll post it here.
    Large number of BTR on train at Yaroslavl. Report say headed for Ukrainian border, but Yaroslavl is so far from Ukraine it is impossible to say this and they could be heading anywhere. The "official" reason is that they are for UN Peacekeepers, well, obviously, but no indication of who is getting these BTR. Also, in Poltava oblast there has been disturbances by people protesting for and against a pig farm, exciting news....

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 26 1f8a397f6f9e

The Situation in the Ukraine. #25 - Page 26 F4aa03608bbb
    rumors of coup in Kiev next month, shh...

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:01 pm

There could be 50 of them on that train. As you say they could be going anywhere, the UN uses a lot of those.

If not I hope there are a few cans of spray paint in them, its a long time till the snow comes.
    VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:34 pm

Those UN APCs are heading for Bangladesh not Donbass

http://defence-blog.com/army/bangladesh-confirms-acquisition-of-russian-armored-personnel-carriers-for-use-in-un-missions.html
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Donbass with Texas

Rehearsal of crossing the Dnepr pirat

Nyash-Myash Kiev Nash
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:34 pm

"Azov" veterans turned up at the construction site in Kiev again this afternoon, and too boring to report what was happening, however, this evening it has become a battlefield. Kiev police admit casualties and "Azov" say that Red Cross have set up a casualty point to deal with wounded. The issue is with "Azov" and other nationalist battalion veterans not happy with what they are saying is illegal construction occuring due to corruption, and that they, the nationalists, are protecting the people, from presumably oligarchs who pay for the nationalist battalions. rats in sack gnawing each other. Still problems in Poltava about the pig farm, and also long time ongoing problems with the Rivno amber miners, and politicians still being thrown into trash bins. Fun place 404
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Khepesh wrote:"Azov" veterans turned up at the construction site in Kiev again this afternoon, and too boring to report what was happening, however, this evening it has become a battlefield. Kiev police admit casualties and "Azov" say that Red Cross have set up a casualty point to deal with wounded. The issue is with "Azov" and other nationalist battalion veterans not happy with what they are saying is illegal construction occuring due to corruption, and that they, the nationalists, are protecting the people, from presumably oligarchs who pay for the nationalist battalions. rats in sack gnawing each other. Still problems in Poltava about the pig farm, and also long time ongoing problems with the Rivno amber miners, and politicians still being thrown into trash bins. Fun place 404

Khepesh wrote:presumably oligarchs who pay for the nationalist battalions.

Actually ukrainian/jewish oligarch Ihor Kolomolskiy is one of Azov Battalion's main supporters
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Meanwhile, the Master appointed another local Controller.

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter and Ukrainian Minister of Defense Stepan Poltorak signed a bilateral partner concept that focuses on boosting Ukraine’s defense capabilities, the US Department of Defense announced in a release on Thursday.

"[The] document… provides a framework for the United States and Ukraine to enhance the defense capacity of Ukraine's forces, advance critical Ukrainian defense reforms, improve resource management processes and boost defense technology cooperation," the release stated.

Moreover, Carter appointed the former head of the Central Command (CENTCOM), Gen. John Abizaid, to serve as a senior defense advisor to the Ukrainian authorities. "Gen. Abizaid will provide authoritative advice to Minister Poltorak and other senior Ukrainian officials as Ukraine aims to implement reforms designed to bring its armed forces in line with Western principles and standards," the release stated.

The two officials also discussed the crisis in eastern Ukraine and the Minsk Agreements to settle the conflict. The meeting between Carter and Poltorak took place at the UN Peacekeeping Defense Ministerial in London.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/world/20160908/1045094768/us-ukraine-carter-pentagon.html
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:51 pm

There is justice after all

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:55 pm

Date now set for the $3B loan court case in London.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – High Court of Justice in London is going to hear the case of Ukrainian $3 billion debt to Russia on January 17 – 20, Russian Deputy Finance Minister Sergei Storchak said on Thursday.

"The court has made the decision long ago. The dates are January 17 – 20. We have made everything we had to do. We have filed a lawsuit," Storchak told RIA Novosti.

Moscow filed a lawsuit against Ukraine in the London High Court in February after Kiev defaulted on repayment of a $3-billion loan that Russia granted to Ukraine in 2013 under the former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/europe/20160908/1045109377/london-hear-ukraine-russia-debt-january.html
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:19 pm

Benya wrote:

Actually ukrainian/jewish oligarch Ihor Kolomolskiy is one of Azov Battalion's main supporters
    Yes, and Azov are being a little careful in not actually blaming their own paymasters, tho it is veterans not serving members, and instead they are blaming unnamed businessmen and titushky who are protecting the businessmen from the anger of the people of Kiev. Trying to be dispassionate and neutral, rather difficult, it can be seen that in this affair the nationalists are right. But that they all fight each other is of course good as it quickens the end of all this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 pm