Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 3657
    Points : 3655
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 44
    Location : Merkelland

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  Hole on Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:11 pm

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 955_mo10
    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 955_mo11
    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 955_mo12

    George1 and lancelot like this post

    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 2725
    Points : 2727
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  LMFS on Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:00 am

    The Russian fleet will be replenished with two Borey-A class submarines."

    The Russian Navy in 2021 will be replenished with two strategic submarines of the Borey-A class, in total the fleet will receive 32 ships, Russian defense Minister General of the army said.Sergei Shoigu.
    "In 2021, the Ministry of defense will have to solve a number of priority tasks... To accept two nuclear-powered submarines of the Borey – A project-Knyaz Oleg and Generalissimo Suvorov - as part of the fleet", equipped with ballistic missiles "Bulava"... Take four submarines, six surface ships, 22 boats and support vessels into the Navy, " he said.

    https://ria.ru/20201221/podlodki-1590227664.html

    George1, dino00 and TMA1 like this post

    avatar
    walle83

    Posts : 324
    Points : 328
    Join date : 2016-11-13
    Location : Sweden

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  walle83 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:31 pm

    LMFS wrote:The Russian fleet will be replenished with two Borey-A class submarines."

    The Russian Navy in 2021 will be replenished with two strategic submarines of the Borey-A class, in total the fleet will receive 32 ships, Russian defense Minister General of the army said.Sergei Shoigu.
    "In 2021, the Ministry of defense will have to solve a number of priority tasks... To accept two nuclear-powered submarines of the Borey – A project-Knyaz Oleg and Generalissimo Suvorov - as part of the fleet", equipped with ballistic missiles "Bulava"... Take four submarines, six surface ships, 22 boats and support vessels into the Navy, " he said.

    https://ria.ru/20201221/podlodki-1590227664.html

    I doubt the Generalissimo Suvoro will be ready in 2021. It hasnst even been launched yet.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9957
    Points : 10035
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:36 am


    Two Borei-class SSBNs will be laid down in 2021

    https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/10382459

    dino00, Big_Gazza, owais.usmani and Rasisuki Nebia like this post

    avatar
    owais.usmani

    Posts : 423
    Points : 423
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 34

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  owais.usmani on Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:08 pm

    https://www.interfax.ru/russia/744812

    Moscow. January 12. INTERFAX.RU - The Russian Defense Ministry and Sevmash have signed a contract for the construction of two strategic nuclear submarines of the Borey-A project, said Mikhail Budnichenko, general director of the enterprise.

    "In July, a contract was signed with the Russian Ministry of Defense for the construction of two more serial nuclear-powered submarine cruisers of the Borei-A project, which will be named Dmitry Donskoy and Prince Potemkin," Budnichenko said in an interview with the Zavod corporate magazine.

    According to him, the submarine "Knyaz Oleg", taken out of the boathouse in the summer, is undergoing completion and factory tests. Four more submarines of the Borey-A project are at various stages of completion.

    Strategic submarines of this type belong to the fourth generation of nuclear submarines. They are equipped with Bulava intercontinental ballistic missiles. They differ from the first Boreyevs - the submarine cruisers Yuri Dolgoruky, Alexander Nevsky and Vladimir Monomakh - in less noise, better maneuvering and holding systems at depth, as well as weapons control.

    Looks like they are naming one of the Borei as Dmitry Donskoy, so does that mean TK-208 is to be retired for good? Sad

    franco likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9957
    Points : 10035
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:08 pm

    owais.usmani wrote:...Looks like they are naming one of the Borei as Dmitry Donskoy, so does that mean TK-208 is to be retired for good?

    It's​ already due for retirement but considering that it takes a while to build SSGN it will be around for about a decade more

    Could be a good time to start thinking about preserving it as a museum

    Vladivostok for example could use extra landmarks

    George1 and Big_Gazza like this post

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 6898
    Points : 6888
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  Isos on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:11 pm

    It would need a crew for its nuclear reactor if stays a museum ship.

    Taking them away would need to open the ship and build it again.

    Costly and useless.

    Just scrap it. Their time is long gone.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9957
    Points : 10035
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:16 pm

    Isos wrote:It would need a crew for its nuclear reactor if stays a museum ship.

    Taking them away would need to open the ship and build it again..

    Not really, just cut out the reactor section and weld rest of it together

    They did it with Leninski Kosmomolets

    And you don't need the crew, first Arctika icebreaker has been converted just fine

    Defuel it and leave it to cool off, job done

    After that you can do whatever you want

    Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9957
    Points : 10035
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:01 am


    Question for Russian speakers: Why is everyone throwing a shit fit on Russian forums over Borei sub being named Potemkin?

    I know about the movie but the guy was still relevant historic figure

    Why is everyone's​ tampon getting clogged over this? What am I missing?

    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 2251
    Points : 2235
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:55 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Question for Russian speakers: Why is everyone throwing a shit fit on Russian forums over Borei sub being named Potemkin?

    I know about the movie but the guy was still relevant historic figure

    Why is everyone's​ tampon getting clogged over this? What am I missing?


    I assume it has to do with "Potemkin Village"

    Long story short, he convinced Catherine the Great the area was far richer than it was with a series of tricks, basically he committed fraud, took the money that was meant for said people and development, and allowed the people to live in poverty. He had fake houses built among other things.

    How far his fraud went is unknown.
    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 2725
    Points : 2727
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  LMFS on Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:45 pm

    The Boreis:

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 ErmBrMfXEAAxCDE?format=jpg&name=large
    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 3657
    Points : 3655
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 44
    Location : Merkelland

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  Hole on Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:59 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Question for Russian speakers: Why is everyone throwing a shit fit on Russian forums over Borei sub being named Potemkin?

    I know about the movie but the guy was still relevant historic figure

    Why is everyone's​ tampon getting clogged over this? What am I missing?


    I assume it has to do with "Potemkin Village"

    Long story short, he convinced Catherine the Great the area was far richer than it was with a series of tricks, basically he committed fraud, took the money that was meant for said people and development, and allowed the people to live in poverty. He had fake houses built among other things.

    How far his fraud went is unknown.

    The story is BS invented by envious russian nobles.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 2251
    Points : 2235
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:45 am

    Hole wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Question for Russian speakers: Why is everyone throwing a shit fit on Russian forums over Borei sub being named Potemkin?

    I know about the movie but the guy was still relevant historic figure

    Why is everyone's​ tampon getting clogged over this? What am I missing?


    I assume it has to do with "Potemkin Village"

    Long story short, he convinced Catherine the Great the area was far richer than it was with a series of tricks, basically he committed fraud, took the money that was meant for said people and development, and allowed the people to live in poverty. He had fake houses built among other things.

    How far his fraud went is unknown.

    The story is BS invented by envious russian nobles.

    Yeah, tell yourself that.
    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 3657
    Points : 3655
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 44
    Location : Merkelland

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  Hole on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:56 am

    Maybe you should read a book from time to time.

    magnumcromagnon and kvs like this post

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 8217
    Points : 8362
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  kvs on Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:39 pm

    It's hilarious how western morons parrot this Potemkin village drivel as if it is some unique Russian fail. It was routine
    in European monarchies to pretty-up locations they would visit. Including construction of fake venues (e.g. villages).
    The same was true for China and most imperial states in history.

    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 3657
    Points : 3655
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 44
    Location : Merkelland

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  Hole on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:54 pm

    The point is that there were no fake villages. A few extra settlers were brought in, they received new clothing, that´s all. The villages existed and they were well developed, that was stated even by western nobles that were part of the trip. The thing with the fake villages was invented later because Potjomkin was the lover of Katharina Velikiy.

    Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 27333
    Points : 27865
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  GarryB on Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:28 am

    Here in New Zealand there was the joke that the Queen mother thought the whole world smelled of fresh paint because ever where she went 30 metres in front of her was a guy with a paint brush tidying up the paint work so it looked good for her...

    flamming_python and kvs like this post


    Sponsored content

    Project 955: Borei class SSBN - Page 37 Empty Re: Project 955: Borei class SSBN

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:44 am