Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
marat
NationalRus
ultron
The Mule
Crucible
Werewolf
Acheron
onwiththewar
mutantsushi
cracker
whir
eehnie
Morpheus Eberhardt
gregoire
VARGR198
PapaDragon
BKP
magnumcromagnon
victor1985
sepheronx
kvs
Bolt
Odin of Ossetia
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Karl Haushofer
Ruthenius
OminousSpudd
Nikander
zg18
Dforce
Regular
Ispan
Teshub
Project Canada
GarryB
Big_Gazza
higurashihougi
SturmGuard
franco
flamming_python
par far
Godric
medo
wilhelm
Inetwarrior
Vann7
Erk
Neutrality
TheArmenian
ExBeobachter1987
auslander
KoTeMoRe
Cowboy's daughter
Flagship Victory
JohninMK
Khepesh
Firebird
Rodinazombie
63 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:39 pm

auslander wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:Are we now going to see the americans push back at russian involvement in syria by increasing the tension in ukraine?

If i were america/uk i would be delighted at them taking over in syria, though they must be gutted that they cant propapandise it as 'russian aggression' due to their own gagging for war in syria for the last four years.

I think The West has a bit more on their plate than they can chew. As I said earlier, the illegal migrant crisis alone is dragging EU down quite strongly, the monies this crisis will eat is astounding and to be blunt EU does not have the money needed for well over a million migrants who are guaranteed by EU law succor at the host country's expense. As you may have noticed many EU countries are suddenly promulgating 'temporary laws' to at least stem the tide of illegal migrants, that not being possible without using armed force and EU does not have the will to do so.

It is possible that Orcland will try to do something stupud but I think NAF can very well take care of themselves. I do expect some of the 'out of control' orc 'volunteer' battalions to start using heavy arty again but July and August was pretty hard on them when they did so, hence their willingness to accept a stand down. In other words they got slaughtered by NAF counter battery fire.

The next week or ten days will be interesting and for the world very dangerous. Neither side, RF or US/NATO, will blink unless they absolutely have to and I don't think VVP will blink.  
    I agree. Also, as it is primarily the RuAF that is in action in Syria and Putin has ruled out the use of ground troops (that's the SAA and Iran's problem) , the RA will be champing at the bit to get some action somewhere too. Heaven help Ukraine if they do something stupid, all hell will be let loose.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:22 pm

auslander wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:Are we now going to see the americans push back at russian involvement in syria by increasing the tension in ukraine?

If i were america/uk i would be delighted at them taking over in syria, though they must be gutted that they cant propapandise it as 'russian aggression' due to their own gagging for war in syria for the last four years.

I think The West has a bit more on their plate than they can chew. As I said earlier, the illegal migrant crisis alone is dragging EU down quite strongly, the monies this crisis will eat is astounding and to be blunt EU does not have the money needed for well over a million migrants who are guaranteed by EU law succor at the host country's expense. As you may have noticed many EU countries are suddenly promulgating 'temporary laws' to at least stem the tide of illegal migrants, that not being possible without using armed force and EU does not have the will to do so.

It is possible that Orcland will try to do something stupud but I think NAF can very well take care of themselves. I do expect some of the 'out of control' orc 'volunteer' battalions to start using heavy arty again but July and August was pretty hard on them when they did so, hence their willingness to accept a stand down. In other words they got slaughtered by NAF counter battery fire.

The next week or ten days will be interesting and for the world very dangerous. Neither side, RF or US/NATO, will blink unless they absolutely have to and I don't think VVP will blink.  

I think the USA will blink. The American people do not want war with Russia.

I went to the NYTs this morning, imho, the newspaper that's Pres. Obama's mouthpiece:

John Kerry Rushes In Where Obama Will Not Tread

By PETER BAKERSEPT. 29, 2015

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/world/middleeast/john-kerry-rushes-in-where-obama-will-not-tread.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Also like you say, the US's plate is full

U.S. Strikes Taliban-Held Land Near Kunduz Airport as Afghan Crisis Deepens

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/world/asia/kunduz-afghanistan-taliban-fight.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

There's a map on the article where the attacks are.

& here's a map of the region, as it's on the border of Turkmenistan...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Turkmenistan/@51.0656633,41.8236926,3z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x3f65cb5574bc6ccb:0x7edd826b4169a491
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Dunno if anyone has posted here, but...

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150926/1027588389/poroshenko-sanctions-russia-donbass-elections.html

Poroshenko Vows to Expand Sanctions If Russia Backs Donbass Elections

Kiev should expand or extend sanctions against Russia should Moscow support the elections in the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk people’s republics, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on Saturday.

You don't need to read the rest Razz Razz
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Reports are the first RAF strikes have been made.

I think we are seeing a tectonic shift in the world as we know it. For the first time in many decades US has been told to stop something they are doing by a country that has the might to back up their words and apparently is judged willing to use that might. Russia has made no threats whatsoever that I know of as to what she may or may not do if US/NATO does not listen to the friendly advice but being an avid pupil of Mr. Putin I would say Mr. Putin never bluffs and never does anything without being in a position of strength.

I don't know if this shift is good, bad or indifferent but something has to be done about the continuous wars of the last 65 years, most started or abetted by US/NATO/EU one way or another although SSSR had their full share of misadventures, make no mistake of that.

My Lady, I read the NY Times articles and I agree completely with you, NYT is Obama's mouthpiece completely. Of interest this morning, and my lass and I discussed it during our long trip to City this morning, is I think Mr. Putin was given his answer concerning Mr. Assad, this answer from the Saudis in that Mr. Assad must go although I have precisely zero doubts that the answer emanated from Foggy Bottom and simply passed through Saudi mouths.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:54 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Dunno if anyone has posted here, but...

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150926/1027588389/poroshenko-sanctions-russia-donbass-elections.html

Poroshenko Vows to Expand Sanctions If Russia Backs Donbass Elections

Kiev should expand or extend sanctions against Russia should Moscow support the elections in the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk people’s republics, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on Saturday.

You don't need to read the rest Razz Razz
    Yup and that was Saturday. Today, after a few days with the 'boss' in the US, we have this I posted earlier, so maybe not such a hard line after all.

Ukraine wants to clarify the process for local elections in Donetsk and Lugansk regions in the country’s east during the upcoming Normandy Quartet talks, Ukraine Deputy Head of the Presidential Administration Konstantin Eliseev told Sputnik.

UNITED NATIONS (Sputnik) — On October 25, Ukraine is scheduled to hold parliamentary elections. The Donetsk and Lugansk breakaway republics have announced plans to hold local elections on October 18 and November 1 respectively.

"We would like to achieve some tangible results, first of all, with regard to the modality of the local elections in certain areas in Donetsk and Lugansk," Eliseev said on Tuesday.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150930/1027756730/Ukraine-Wants-Electionsin-East-Clarified.html#ixzz3nEnaSpzB
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:25 pm

auslander wrote:Reports are the first RAF strikes have been made.

I think we are seeing a tectonic shift in the world as we know it. For the first time in many decades US has been told to stop something they are doing by a country that has the might to back up their words and apparently is judged willing to use that might. Russia has made no threats whatsoever that I know of as to what she may or may not do if US/NATO does not listen to the friendly advice but being an avid pupil of Mr. Putin I would say Mr. Putin never bluffs and never does anything without being in a position of strength.

I don't know if this shift is good, bad or indifferent but something has to be done about the continuous wars of the last 65 years, most started or abetted by US/NATO/EU one way or another although SSSR had their full share of misadventures, make no mistake of that.

My Lady, I read the NY Times articles and I agree completely with you, NYT is Obama's mouthpiece completely. Of interest this morning, and my lass and I discussed it during our long trip to City this morning, is I think Mr. Putin was given his answer concerning Mr. Assad, this answer from the Saudis in that Mr. Assad must go although I have precisely zero doubts that the answer emanated from Foggy Bottom and simply passed through Saudi mouths.  

I'm not the only American who thinks "Saudi Arabia can fight their own wars, without any assist from us."

Whose force does Saudi think is going to be used?

I don't believe the American people will stand for our force to be used against him.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Kerry has just been on RT, I think live although I did not see it and can not find it. According to those who did listen to him he did everything but declare war on RF (I find that doubtful), Kerry reiterated that RF is welcome to 'assist' in the fight against ISIS but RF efforts are only welcome if the efforts are against ISIS, not to 'prop up the regime of Assad'. In other words RF in the eyes of US can only attack ISIS, attacks against the other 'freedom fighters' trying to destroy Syria are not allowed.

It's going to be a long night.

Of interest also is some west news are reporting that 'Russian ships' attacked anti Assad units in Syria. I know most of the Black Sea Flot is in the Med but it's supposedly for a training exercise. We'll know more as the evening progresses.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:.........

I'm not the only American who thinks "Saudi Arabia can fight their own wars, without any assist from us."

I don't believe the American people will stand for our force to be used against him.

Saudis are at the moment getting totally obliterated in Yemen. Cool

Damn shame it does not get better coverage because it is beyond hilarious.They are losing armor and generals faster than Japan in 1945....

gregoire

Post  gregoire Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:11 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Damn shame it does not get better coverage because it is beyond hilarious.They are losing armor and generals faster than Japan in 1945....

If what you are saying is true then it does not get coverage at all.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:40 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Quite so, but in the meantime the Saudis are totally destroying Yemen as in bombed back to pre stone age.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:48 pm

auslander wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Quite so, but in the meantime the Saudis are totally destroying Yemen as in bombed back to pre stone age.

The GCC military's and the Ukrappy's have many things in common, such as being lapdogs for NATO, the others being that they are extremely incompetent and pathetic at fighting other military factions, but also incredibly proficient and ruthless at killing civilians.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:25 pm

auslander wrote:Kerry has just been on RT, I think live although I did not see it and can not find it. According to those who did listen to him he did everything but declare war on RF (I find that doubtful), Kerry reiterated that RF is welcome to 'assist' in the fight against ISIS but RF efforts are only welcome if the efforts are against ISIS, not to 'prop up the regime of Assad'. In other words RF in the eyes of US can only attack ISIS, attacks against the other 'freedom fighters' trying to destroy Syria are not allowed.

Of interest also is some west news are reporting that 'Russian ships' attacked anti Assad units in Syria. I know most of the Black Sea Flot is in the Med but it's supposedly for a training exercise. We'll know more as the evening progresses.
    Sounds like Kerry reflecting Obama's Monday UN speech basically saying 'we know what's best for you so you will do as we say'. Unfortunately for them the world seems to be moving on, they can't tell Russia or Syria what they can or cannot do without a UNSC resolution. If they keep on like this, especially if they keep holding off a UNSC resolution hitting supporters of ISIS, they will find themselves branded as de-facto ISIS supporters and not allowed to overfly Syria.

Ah, Tomahawkski in action. The timing of that very large exercise just off the Syrian coast was no accident. Who knows what is below the waves.

We seem to have gone a bit too far OT.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:11 pm

auslander wrote:Kerry has just been on RT, I think live although I did not see it and can not find it. According to those who did listen to him he did everything but declare war on RF (I find that doubtful), Kerry reiterated that RF is welcome to 'assist' in the fight against ISIS but RF efforts are only welcome if the efforts are against ISIS, not to 'prop up the regime of Assad'. In other words RF in the eyes of US can only attack ISIS, attacks against the other 'freedom fighters' trying to destroy Syria are not allowed.

Kerry and his US war machines are not invited into Syria, they are breaking international law. Russia is invited, and the Syrian government will tell them what they can and can't attack, not the US government.

There is a thread on the Syrian involvement here https://www.russiadefence.net/t368-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:38 am

Back to MH-17, John Helmer has released a new thread on the background to the rules surrounding the investigation and the difficulties following the release by Australian coroners (only 25 or so fragments found) that I posted yesterday (incidentally this new thread says that the pilots sister has said that there were no fragments in his body!). Hiding the truth (my highlight), if that is the plan, in the modern Internet connected world could be tough.

The Dutch-Australian problem on November 5 became clearer a few days later, on November 14 in Melbourne, when two of the Australian pathologists and coronial court officers revealed publicly at an Asian coroners convention that there were no shrapnel wounds in the bodies of the MH1 passengers. Their report can be read here. Noone noticed the importance of the admission.

By the next month the evidence of the bodies was clearer. A Buk missile explosion, with release of more than 7,800 metal fragments raking the port (left) side of the aircraft, starting at the pilot’s cockpit and going back to Row 12, was impossible. An 8-page report commissioned by Coroner Gray and drafted for him by David Ranson, a pathologist who had been working at Hilversum and who was head of the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, was sent to the Australian victims. Gray’s purpose was to identify the cause of death and help the families understand how their loved ones had died, how swiftly, and if they had been conscious of what had befallen them.

That report was released to a reporter named Carolyn Ford. She read it, and then summarized for publication. She didn’t understand the significance of what Ranson had revealed. Ranson himself was still unclear on this last month when he freely chatted. He said he had had regular debriefings and discussions with the Australian Federal Police on his findings. He denied that his use of the term “missile” in his reports meant a Buk. “Don’t confuse the meaning of the phrase, ‘missile injuries’. It means flying objects that strike the body’.” They were “rare”, Ranson has reported.

The whole thing is at http://johnhelmer.net/?p=14240
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:06 am

Jageraus, i do feel the same way as you on this. It feels like the political sands have shifted under our feet massively this past few days, and I think from thsi day forward the world is going to start to become a very different place.

Naturally the west is blind to this, it cant see past the end of its nose and misses whats obvious to us. A report on the bbc basically describes russian actions as 'russia trying to gain recognition once more as a world power'. It ignores the gravity of the situation and what this means for the former unipolar world. This isnt some tinpot dictatorship in the middle of africa, russia clearly means business and has the ability and the balls to do whats necessary. And nobody, not even the USA can do anything about it. The sooner the west wakes up and accepts reality the better it will be for all.

They should also understand that this reemergence of russia is a sign of things to come on a larger scale when china begins to dominate in a few years. This should be a wake up call that they need a friendly russia and not one allied with china.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:11 am

Rodinazombie wrote:Jageraus, i do feel the same way as you on this. It feels like the political sands have shifted under our feet massively this past few days, and I think from thsi day forward the world is going to start to become a very different place.

Naturally the west is blind to this,  it cant see past the end of its nose and misses whats obvious to us. A report on the bbc basically describes russian actions as 'russia trying to gain recognition once more as a world power'. It ignores the gravity of the situation and what this means for the former unipolar world. This isnt some tinpot dictatorship in the middle of africa, russia clearly means business and has the ability and the balls to do whats necessary. And nobody, not even the USA can do anything about it. The sooner the west wakes up and accepts reality the better it will be for all.

They should also understand that this reemergence of russia is a sign of things to come on a larger scale when china begins to dominate in a few years. This should be a wake up call that they need a friendly russia and not one allied with china.

Yes, foreign policy under Pres Obama has really screwed up. (in my humble opinion)

As Pres Putin said, there are things the U.S., the E.U.,  and Russia can cooperate on, ISIS being one.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:50 am

lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/yatsenyuk-says-russias-retaliatory-sanctions-against-ukrainian-airlines-are-groundless-398998.html

Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk has said that Russia's retaliatory sanctions against Ukrainian airlines are groundless.

(Comments from Kyiv Post, no wonder support for Asswenuts in Ukraina is 0% Rolling Eyes https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/02/24/05/kyiv10.png)
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:06 am

higurashihougi wrote:lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1 lol1

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/yatsenyuk-says-russias-retaliatory-sanctions-against-ukrainian-airlines-are-groundless-398998.html

Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk has said that Russia's retaliatory sanctions against Ukrainian airlines are groundless.

(Comments from Kyiv Post, no wonder support for Asswenuts in Ukraina is 0% Rolling Eyes https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/02/24/05/kyiv10.png)

"Groundless."  Laughing
    Yats showing his lack of grammatical finesse.

Of course the word might not be a direct translation in meaning,  still funny though.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:30 am

Odessa, again.

And look below, the sons of a ***** in Odessa police claimed that the Right S3xtoy didn't do anything, although the Right S3xtoy admitted that they did it.

http://www.rt.com/news/317141-ukrainian-radicals-block-greeks/

Ukrainian extremists ‘terrorize’ Greek delegates, disrupt meeting with Odessa minorities

Ukrainian ultranationalists belonging to the extremist Right Sector movement have barred a Greek delegation, including former high-ranking officials, from exiting their hotel in the south-western Ukrainian port city of Odessa.

Several dozens of Right Sector activists were blocking a group of Greek citizens in hotel ‘Duc’, in the Ukrainian city of Odessa. The Greeks had been invited by the local Greek diaspora to take part in a round table discussion, TASS reported.

he delegation, which according to the Greek Iskra newspaper included former Deputy Defense Minister Costas Isychos, former Deputy Finance Minister Nadia Valavani, as well as former Chairman of the Committee on Foreign and Military Affairs Vassilis Hadjilambrou and a journalist Aris Chatzistefanou, also planned to meet with the Ukrainian ethnic minorities living in the Black Sea region and NGOs as well as with some people from the city council.

However, the Greek delegates were blocked in their hotel by the Right Sector members, who staged a picket outside the building. The ultranationalists wearing paramilitary uniform alongside with masks and balaclavas were waving Ukrainian flags and holding banners and placards that read “Foreigners-Russophiles have no place in Ukraine!” and “Aggressor, hands off Bessarabia!”

A member of the Greek delegation, journalist Aris Chatzistefanou, described the situation around the hotel to RT.

“The delegation arrived [in Odessa] only to communicate with the [local] Greek minority and to ask about the problems that they face including whether [the activities of] the neo-fascist and neo-Nazi groups have anything to do with their everyday life,” Aris Chatzistefanou adding that early in the morning on Wednesday they saw people wearing military uniforms near their hotel, most of which “were the members of the Right Sector.”

Former Greek Deputy Defense Minister Costas Isychos, who also spoke to RT later on Wednesday, said that there had been between 30 and 40 people wearing military uniforms outside the hotel at 9:00am local time that prevented the delegation from leaving the hotel.

According to Aris Chatzistefanou, the Right Sector thugs were demonstrating outside the hotel and “practically setting up a blockade.”

“…One moment they got violent, they tried to storm the hotel but the security of the hotel managed to keep them out,” he said adding that they wanted “to terrorize the delegation,” he told RT.

The Greek journalist emphasized that ultranationalists deprived the delegation of any opportunity “to communicate with the members of the Greek minority here in Odessa.”

“If you have about 30 people in military uniforms, you get the message: you understand that, if you continue [to do] what you want to do, they might get violent,” he commented on his impression about the Right Sector activists’ intentions adding that “it has nothing to do with democracy or… freedom of expression.”

Aris Chatzistefanou has recorded a video demonstrating Right Sector activists blocking the hotel and posted in on Youtube.

Costas Isychos said that the representatives of the Greek consulate who arrived at the scene at the request of the delegation were not able to pick the delegates up and the Greeks remained blocked in the hotel for four hours.

When the delegation managed to leave the hotel it turned out that the meeting had been canceled because of another Right Sector demonstration near the meeting venue, Isychos added.

Aris Chatzistefanou also stressed that the police officers who arrived at the scene had not been able to control the ultranationalists and did not intervene in their activities.

Later on Wednesday, an interim spokesman of the Odessa region police department, Andrey Kostiuk, claimed that the members of Right Sector had not disturbed public order Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  and had not blocked the Greek delegation lol1  lol1  lol1  lol1 , denying that they tried to storm the hotel lol!  lol! , as reported by RIA Novosti.

A spokesman of the Right Sector, Artem Skoropadsky, admitted that the radicals deliberately blocked the hotel in order to prevent the Greek delegates from attending a meeting with local minorities, although he claimed that the ultranationalists were not “holding” the delegation in the hotel.

According to Skoropadsky, the meeting that was dedicated to the issues of European integration was had really been “of a separatist nature,” reported TASS.

“It was a group of Greek radical leftists who wanted to hold a convention… We blocked the hotel to prevent them from going to this event, and we will do it again wherever they may come from," he said adding that, although he did not know the delegates’ current whereabouts, “they certainly missed the meeting.”

According to Greek media, members of the OSCE mission in Ukraine are also monitoring the situation.

“The members of the Ukrainian extremist group are constantly following the delegation and demanding to explain, for what purpose [the Greeks] came to Odessa,” former Greek Deputy Finance Minister Nadia Valavani told Greek news agency, as quoted by TASS. “Right-wing extremists are telling us that we are the enemies of Ukraine.”
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:56 am

Xaxaxa right sextoy.. Very Happy made me spill my morning coffee
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Kiev is preparing to withdraw heavy artillery of less than 100mm caliber from the eastern Ukrainian regions of Donetsk and Luhansk, Ukrainian Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak said Thursday.

KIEV (Sputnik) – “Work on preparations for withdrawal is under way…we are fulfilling all of the Minsk agreement demands and are ready for this work as well,” Poltorak said.

On Tuesday, an agreement was initialed in Minsk on the withdrawal of weapons of less than 100mm caliber as well as tanks from the line of contact in the country’s eastern regions. On Wednesday, Kiev, Donetsk, and Luhansk signed the agreement.

The agreement on the pullback of this caliber of weapon, which the security subgroup of the Trilateral Contact Group on the settlement of the crisis in Ukraine drew up in August, remained a controversial topic between the warring sides until recent weeks.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20151001/1027830948/kiev-donbass-arms-withdrawal.html#ixzz3nJFvcZZt
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:53 pm

JohninMK wrote:Back to MH-17, John Helmer has released a new thread on the background to the rules surrounding the investigation and the difficulties following the release by Australian coroners (only 25 or so fragments found) that I posted yesterday (incidentally this new thread says that the pilots sister has said that there were no fragments in his body!). Hiding the truth (my highlight), if that is the plan, in the modern Internet connected world could be tough.

The Dutch-Australian problem on November 5 became clearer a few days later, on November 14 in Melbourne, when two of the Australian pathologists and coronial court officers revealed publicly at an Asian coroners convention that there were no shrapnel wounds in the bodies of the MH1 passengers. Their report can be read here. Noone noticed the importance of the admission.

By the next month the evidence of the bodies was clearer. A Buk missile explosion, with release of more than 7,800 metal fragments raking the port (left) side of the aircraft, starting at the pilot’s cockpit and going back to Row 12, was impossible. An 8-page report commissioned by Coroner Gray and drafted for him by David Ranson, a pathologist who had been working at Hilversum and who was head of the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, was sent to the Australian victims. Gray’s purpose was to identify the cause of death and help the families understand how their loved ones had died, how swiftly, and if they had been conscious of what had befallen them.

That report was released to a reporter named Carolyn Ford. She read it, and then summarized for publication. She didn’t understand the significance of what Ranson had revealed. Ranson himself was still unclear on this last month when he freely chatted. He said he had had regular debriefings and discussions with the Australian Federal Police on his findings. He denied that his use of the term “missile” in his reports meant a Buk. “Don’t confuse the meaning of the phrase, ‘missile injuries’. It means flying objects that strike the body’.” They were “rare”, Ranson has reported.

Does it smell, what I think it smells? Good asset, mister Helmer.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:01 pm

"U.S. President Barack Obama authorized a deal to send $20 million of sophisticated radar equipment to Ukraine, Business Insider reported Wednesday. The Pentagon had been discussing the radar for months, but it wasn't until a high-profile meeting between Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin that Obama decided to finalize the deal. U.S. President Barack Obama authorized a deal to send $20 million of sophisticated radar equipment to Ukraine, Business Insider reported Wednesday. The Pentagon had been discussing the radar for months, but it wasn't until a high-profile meeting between Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin that Obama decided to finalize the deal.

The equipment to be provided by the U.S. will be AN/TPQ-36 radar systems that can target the point of origin of missiles from between 18-24 kilometers (11-15 miles) away. The equipment is so precise that it can originate the location of a missile or artillery weapon after a single shot.Nearly 75 percent of the fatalities experienced on the Ukrainian side, according Ukraine's Ministry of Defense, have been because of artillery or missile attacks, and the new radar equipment could be a game changer for the Ukrainian military. The Ukrainian military was attacked by pro-Russian separatists in the Donbass region Wednesday, the Kyiv Post reported. No fatalities have been reported from Wednesday's attack.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 39 ANTPQ-36_E.T.

The U.S. decision to send the radar could have very significant consequences for the outcome of the conflict in Ukraine, some experts said. "Washington's willingness to move forward with radars sends a clear signal that the U.S. may consider sending lethal weapons should the Minsk II process fail," said Adrian Karatnycky, an analyst for the Atlantic Council, a defense and security think tank. "In the long term, the West must help Ukraine's arms industry modernize, which can be modeled on the successful efforts undertaken in Poland and other Central European states," Karatnycky said."

How many is 22mil of these radars idk, some old price from late 90s says one costs 1,5million USD, but that probably different by now.

Source: http://www.armyrecognition.com/october_2015_global_defense_security_news_uk/us_to_send_20$_million_of_sophisticated_radar_an/tpq-36_to_ukraine_4011020152.html
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:12 pm

^^^^^^^^

'Different outcome'

'Game changer'

LOL, these idiots dont learn. A monkey with a hand grenade is still a monkey with a hand grenade even if you give him shiny new radars.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 pm

JohninMK wrote:Back to MH-17, John Helmer has released a new thread on the background to the rules surrounding the investigation and the difficulties following the release by Australian coroners (only 25 or so fragments found) that I posted yesterday (incidentally this new thread says that the pilots sister has said that there were no fragments in his body!). Hiding the truth (my highlight), if that is the plan, in the modern Internet connected world could be tough.

I read all the article. Part said that the pilot's body showed no signs of shrapnel or bullets, yet there is the photo of one of the pilots, not sure if captain or first-officer, with several large holes, sort of 30mm size, in his thorax. That, and other photos, were taken by a Dutch journalist at the scene before the bodies were removed, yet his photos seem to be totaly ignored by anybody from the "It was Putin" camp. I still do not understand how Australia, admittedly with twenty or so dead on MH17, seem to be controlling the investigation and ordering the Dutch and Malaysians about like servants, and to the extent that armed Australians are in Holland, wtf...   The only reason for this bizarre nonsense I can think of is that it they know it was Kiev's fault, but for political reasons cannot admit this while the junta is still in power. Maybe it had been presumed that Poroshenko would have fallen by now and disclosure of the truth would be less damaging, but as he is still in power the nonsense continues. I have no issues with individual Australians, but there seems to be something wrong with them collectively. All this bizarre arrogant crap with MH17, and it is still remembered that some of the worst and most butthurt posters and mods at MP were Australian.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:08 am