Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+67
sheytanelkebir
kvs
Bidoul
Cucumber Khan
TheArmenian
whir
Project Canada
Kyo
Neutrality
soigneerin
Svyatoslavich
Giulio
auslander
Airbornewolf
Rodinazombie
Shadåw
Zivo
Monarchist
Heartbeer
Kimppis
zorobabel
Morpheus Eberhardt
mack8
Flyboy77
victor1985
As Sa'iqa
VARGR198
ultron
Hannibal Barca
HUNTER VZLA
NationalRus
Solncepek
d_taddei2
zg18
Dima
Werewolf
kap-the-head
mutantsushi
Khepesh
Akula971
George1
iraqidabab
higurashihougi
Vann7
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
medo
PapaDragon
flamming_python
OminousSpudd
par far
Prince Darling
KoTeMoRe
ExBeobachter1987
GarryB
Cowboy's daughter
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Stealthflanker
Viktor
Book.
Fred333
JohninMK
max steel
jka
Walther von Oldenburg
AlfaT8
franco
71 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #2

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:37 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:

Good God man!!! Someone should give this man a upvote!

Haha, ty for appreciation respekt
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:45 am

hi all, just wanted to see what peoples views are.

I know previously on here there was mention of Iran taking the south, Russia taking on Hama, and certain parts of Alepo etc. etc,

i wonder if there plan is eventually to link up to Deir ez Zor in the east as its still isolated, i know Hasakah is a bit to far to reach. So whats peoples view on Assad's/Russia's/Iran's intentions for Syria????? create a split in the country with the west a new Syria or to take back whole of Syria???? my personal opinion is the first option is probably going to be the likely outcome, i suppose a third option would be for the Syrian government to make a deal with the Kurds tht if they help the Syrian government then they would promise them the eastern part of Syria that they could create there their own Kurdish state. (at the disgust of Turkey) only problem i can see with this option is turkey would more than likely want to invade and destroy the newly formed state, so maybe the Syrian government could allow to form a semi autonomous state within Syria.

any views on the future of Syria would be great,
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:57 am

hi anyone seen this, i know its not the most reliable source.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/29/us-mideast-crisis-syria-russia-idUSKCN0RT11H20150929

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : info)
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:58 am

Militarov wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

Dunno if you are still pissed at me, but I had to give you a +1 for that. As well, i did spread your message to major Canadian news site.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:03 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

Dunno if you are still pissed at me, but I had to give you a +1 for that.  As well, i did spread your message to major Canadian news site.

Naaa man, i met ultron and Vann, after that i cant be pissed at anyone. Very Happy Nice, sharing is caring.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:05 am

Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

Dunno if you are still pissed at me, but I had to give you a +1 for that.  As well, i did spread your message to major Canadian news site.

Naaa man, i met ultron and Vann, after that i cant be pissed at anyone. Very Happy Nice, sharing is caring.

great to know I cant be the worst Smile

Anyway, fantastic posts! I am extremely impressed and well, saddened at the same time after reading CBC and the idiots who falls for the US Propaganda on this whole ordeal.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:09 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

Anyway, fantastic posts! I am extremely impressed and well, saddened at the same time after reading CBC and the idiots who falls for the US Propaganda on this whole ordeal.

Ty, doing my best, however finding legit sources is trouble these days in all this propaganda war mess, nets of lies and fake reports, photoshopped images and cutout videos..

And yeah, it is very sad that people fall for stuff that various "rebel", "democratic" and "freedom fighter" groups release and claim.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:37 am

Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

Ty, doing my best, however finding legit sources is trouble these days in all this propaganda war mess, nets of lies and fake reports, photoshopped images and cutout videos..

And yeah, it is very sad that people fall for stuff that various "rebel", "democratic" and "freedom fighter" groups release and claim.

I'm sure those White Helmets™️ sleep in USAID­®️ tents...

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 USAID

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:47 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

I'm sure those White Helmets™️ sleep in USAID­®️ tents...

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 USAID

You know nothing John Snow Very Happy

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 Unnamed7 - check this Smile
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:01 am

d_taddei2 wrote:hi all, just wanted to see what peoples views are.
    I know previously on here there was mention of Iran taking the south, Russia taking on Hama, and certain parts of Alepo etc. etc,
    i wonder if there plan is eventually to link up to Deir ez Zor in the east as its still isolated, i know Hasakah is a bit to far to reach.
    So whats peoples view on Assad's/Russia's/Iran's intentions for Syria?????
    create a split in the country with the west a new Syria or to take back whole of Syria????
    Hi, I think you can find public RU statements saying their goal is a unified Syria.

As far as eastern part of country, it seems that how the Iraqi war with ISIS proceeds will play a major part one way or another,` esp. longer term.
    But if ISIS is strongly engaged on both fronts, I see DeZ/Hasakah fronts not being a focus for either side and not changing much in shorter term.
    Removing ISIS from eastern flanks of Hama/Homs does allow re-establishing road to DeZ, but that doesn't mean DeZ front suddenly shifts or escalates.
    (I beleive once Hama/Homs flank is taken care of, poss. DeZ road re-established, focus will be on Idlib, Aleppo, Daraa more so then DeZ/Hasakah)

Not necessarily re: eastern Syria front, but one question is if Iraqi militia e.g. Kata'ib Hezbollah further engage in Syria, esp. if sidelined by Baghdad*. (e.g. Ramadi)
    * Baghdad tension with Iran playing major part here, although new Russian role in anti-ISIS coalition presents new dynamic possibilities.
    I had believed a joint-ops center was being set up in Baghdad also, but that is apparently only intelligence sharing, not ops coordination.
    How the entry of Russia into Syria, and potentially Iraq, affects the US/Iraq/Hashd/Iran conflictive dynamic will be interesting to say the

The Kurds are another aspect, and far from simple IMHO. Notably Russia has included them (PKK/YPG) in statements referring to their coalition.
    I think this must be considered in backdrop of Turkey, i.e. if TK escalates (directly/mujahideen) then RU supplies to PKK can be used "wherever".
    Kurdish role is rather ambiguous over all though, f.e. recent news from Aleppo involving their cooperation/"neutrality" with anti-Assad rebels (non-ISIS).
    I do think Russian role here will be important, as with Iraq/Hashd/Iran dynamic, being a more "neutral" 3rd party mediating solutions for conflictive groups.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:38 am

From the Brits

http://www.rt.com/uk/317082-labour-syria-airstrikes-motion/

Labour delegates at the party’s annual conference have voted to support military action in Syria, but only if four strict conditions are met by the international community.

The emergency motion proposed by Britain’s biggest trade union, Unite, was carried without a vote on Tuesday, the last day of the conference in Brighton.

The motion – which is only advisory – sets out conditions that would be almost impossible to meet in the near future.

It stipulates the government must meet four criteria in order to garner Labour support: authorization from the United Nations, a plan for humanitarian assistance for refugees, assurances that bombing campaigns would strike Islamic State targets only, and that military action is subordinated to international diplomatic efforts to end the Syrian war.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:28 pm

British and French airstrikes on Syrian territory violate internationally recognized legal norms, the Syrian Foreign Minister complained on Thursday. “What Britain and France are doing in the Syrian airspace flies in the face of international law and is a flagrant violation of the national sovereignty of the Syrian Republic,” Walid Muallem said.

Meanwhile, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov dismissed as “untrue” a statement earlier made by his US counterpart John Kerry about the US-led coalition’s actions in Syria being fully in line with the UN Charter.

"Today I said to John Kerry that, unlike in the case with Iraq, which invited the coalition to move in, there has been no such invitation from Syria, nor has the coalition asked for any such permission from the UN Security Council… But he still told the Council that the coalition’s actions in Syria were fully in line with the UN Charter, namely its Article 51, which envisages the right to collective self-defense. Article 51 pertains exclusively to a situation where a concrete state requests outside protection,” Lavrov said, when summing up the results of his talks with the US Secretary of State.

“The coalition has received no such request from the Syrian government, while Russia has,” Lavrov added.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151001/1027841733/syria-coalition-airstrikes-violation.html#ixzz3nJZj10Wi
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Hundreds of Iranian soldiers have arrived in the last 10 days in Syria and will soon join the army of Bashar al-Assad and Tehran-backed Lebanese allies of "Hezbollah" in front of a large ground offensive backed by Russian military aircraft.

Two sources "Reuters" in Lebanon say that one of them stated that "it is possible upcoming operations are focused on the provinces of Idlib and Hama." The goal is part of Assad to regain territories in recent months lost in attacks on anti-government troops.

Actually, he also confirmed on Wednesday President Vladimir Putin, having received permission to use the army abroad: "First, we will maintain Syrian army exclusively in its rightful combat terrorist groups. Second, support will be limited in time - until the conduct offensive operations by the Syrian army. "

Prior to list those conditions, the commander of the Russian military said that Moscow realize how entangled the conflict and that it "does not invite you to hurl headlong into it - our actions will be carried out in a strictly specified boundaries."

"Reuters" but adds that multiply signals to form a military alliance between Russia and allies of Assad in the face of Iran and "Hezbollah". First goal of this union is the return of territories in northwestern Syria, while the "Islamic State" is located in northeastern and eastern Syria. In the area of ​​offensive, spoken "Reuters" front act "Nusra" associated with "Al Qaeda" and the strong group "Ahrar al-Sham".

Many military analysts believe that it is offensive to those squads dangerous is near Latakia and the base, which is now the Russians used. So they endanger not only key for Assad city in western Syria, but Russian naval station at Tartus.

"Vanguard of Iranian ground forces began to arrive in Syria - soldiers and officers trained specifically for this battle. These are not counselors ... talking about hundreds of equipment and weapons. After them will come yet," said the second source agency. According to him, the operation will include Iraqis.

So far, the Iranian military support for Assad comes mainly in the form of military instructors and mobilizing Shiite fighters, including Iraqis and some Afghans for fighting alongside the army of Damascus. "Hezbollah", for example, fought in support of the president from the outset of the conflict.

Also on Thursday, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei - the supreme spiritual leader of Iran, called on the armed forces of the Islamic Republic to increase their readiness to defend the country's influence in the Middle East.

"The army urgently needs to raise its readiness, so that even our enemies and not think to attack," Iranian media quoted his words in front of senior officers
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 pm

SyAAF Mi-25 releasing 4 barrels over Darayya

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:01 pm

George1 wrote:SyAAF Mi-25 releasing 4 barrels over Darayya

I see the video has the White Helmets™ watermark/insignia, btw:

Obama’s Ludicrous ‘Barrel Bomb’ Theme
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Those aren't barrel bombs. They are clearly FAB/OFAB 250.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:25 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Those aren't barrel bombs. They are clearly FAB/OFAB 250.

The legitimacy was already flushed down the toilet by the White Helmets™️ insignia/watermark.

Ironically enough the U.S. Pentagon pioneered the use of barrel bombs in the Vietnam theater, and ironically enough the same theater they used an ungodly amount of chemical weapo.....err...um....pesticide...Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Last edited by magnumcromagnon on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Drone above Aleppo, Iranian Shahed-129 most likely i guess.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 APILAS2

"A video recorded during fighting near Maliha, Syria, in June 2015 shows a Syrian rebel fighter armed with a French APILAS (armour-piercing infantry light arm system). The APILAS is a single-shot, disposable 112 mm rocket-assisted recoilless anti-tank weapon, first issued to French forces in the mid-1980s and later in service with some 15 countries. At 9.0 kg, the APILAS is considerably heavier than other single-shot, disposable anti-tank weapons in service with modern militaries. However, its 4.7 kg projectile delivers a 1.5 kg shaped charge warhead which offers penetration of rolled homogeneous armour (RHA) in excess of 700 mm . This is significantly more than most of its contemporaries at time of issue. The APILAS is also capable of penetrating more than 2000 mm of concrete. Several sources note that the APILAS proved an accurate weapon at shorter ranges, but most sources list its range as limited to either 320 or 350 m." Source:

Original video.

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 10_rsk_koulutusta

Soldiers train with APILAS in Finland.

But why i have shown this to you is the reason one of the most notable user of this systems is....is...Saudi Arabia. They ordered biggest amount together with France and Italy.

Last edited by Militarov on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:50 pm

jocolor   Razz
    "US Can’t Find 9 CIA Trained Rebels in Syria, but McCain Claims Russia Did"

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151001/1027873659/media-accuses-russia-of-hitting-CIA-trained-rebels-pentagon-denies-it.html#ixzz3nLMw5Gj8

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 1026784681

Last edited by PapaDragon on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:10 am

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 CQQSkIFUkAAiduC

Yay, another good pic of Iveco LMV.
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:13 am

Russian journos from Komsomolskaya Pravda with Syrian army near Idlib

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:54 am

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 CQQ6oQVWgAAlFir

Another pic of Nusra fighter with M240.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:58 am

Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 CQQ6oQVWgAAlFir

Actually that's a EP M240L, funny this is the newest version available to US troops.

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:01 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 13 CQQ6oQVWgAAlFir

Actually that's a EP M240L, funny this is the newest version available to US troops.

Yes, that one was delivered to Division 30 directly from US army storages, they got new weapons never used by US Army. Not used equipment as some first stated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:53 am