Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+67
sheytanelkebir
kvs
Bidoul
Cucumber Khan
TheArmenian
whir
Project Canada
Kyo
Neutrality
soigneerin
Svyatoslavich
Giulio
auslander
Airbornewolf
Rodinazombie
Shadåw
Zivo
Monarchist
Heartbeer
Kimppis
zorobabel
Morpheus Eberhardt
mack8
Flyboy77
victor1985
As Sa'iqa
VARGR198
ultron
Hannibal Barca
HUNTER VZLA
NationalRus
Solncepek
d_taddei2
zg18
Dima
Werewolf
kap-the-head
mutantsushi
Khepesh
Akula971
George1
iraqidabab
higurashihougi
Vann7
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
medo
PapaDragon
flamming_python
OminousSpudd
par far
Prince Darling
KoTeMoRe
ExBeobachter1987
GarryB
Cowboy's daughter
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Stealthflanker
Viktor
Book.
Fred333
JohninMK
max steel
jka
Walther von Oldenburg
AlfaT8
franco
71 posters

    Syrian Civil War: News #2

    NationalRus
    NationalRus


    Posts : 615
    Points : 620
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  NationalRus Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:29 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    It's time we give the Grey Wolf Turks a taste of their own medicine. Support the PKK, and Kurdish separatists to cause a civil war in Turkey, and carve out a Kurdish State in Turkey...yeah let's just take a page out of Turkish books!Razz Twisted Evil

    not sure if failed sarcasm or level 100 debilizm
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:27 pm

    "The recent arrival of the Russian military advisors has found the Syrian Arab Air Force (SAAF) specifically concentrated on the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham’s (ISIS) positions in the eastern Syrian provinces of Deir Ezzor, Al-Hasakah, Homs, and Al-Raqqa.

    On Wednesday morning, the Syrian Air Force launched a series of airstrikes above the Al-Raqqa Governorate that targeted ISIS’ supply route from the aforementioned province to the Deir Ezzor Governorate; this supply route is considered ISIS’ lifeline in both Iraq and Syria due to the long highway that stretches from Al-Raqqa to the Iraqi Al-‘Anbar Governorate. The specific locations the Syrian Air Force targeted in Al-Raqqa were the Azeri Battalion Camp, Al-Khasna Battalion Camp, New Hisbah Headquarters, ISIS Shari’ah Courts, Al-Takhfeekh Repository, and a large weapons supply depot; these coordinates were all provided by the Russian military advisors, as they shared satellite imagery to reveal ISIS’ locations. According to a field report from a senior officer in the Syrian Arab Army (SAA), the airstrikes have done significant damage to ISIS’ positions in Al-Raqqa; this includes the death of over 140 members of the terrorist group, including the field commander of the Azeri Battalion, Abu Dawoud Al-Azerbaijani."

    Source: http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/russian-military-intelligence-help-the-syrian-air-force-kill-a-large-number-of-isis-terrorists-in-al-raqqa/

    medo
    medo


    Posts : 4308
    Points : 4392
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  medo Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:03 pm

    Militarov wrote:"The recent arrival of the Russian military advisors has found the Syrian Arab Air Force (SAAF) specifically concentrated on the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham’s (ISIS) positions in the eastern Syrian provinces of Deir Ezzor, Al-Hasakah, Homs, and Al-Raqqa.

    On Wednesday morning, the Syrian Air Force launched a series of airstrikes above the Al-Raqqa Governorate that targeted ISIS’ supply route from the aforementioned province to the Deir Ezzor Governorate; this supply route is considered ISIS’ lifeline in both Iraq and Syria due to the long highway that stretches from Al-Raqqa to the Iraqi Al-‘Anbar Governorate. The specific locations the Syrian Air Force targeted in Al-Raqqa were the Azeri Battalion Camp, Al-Khasna Battalion Camp, New Hisbah Headquarters, ISIS Shari’ah Courts, Al-Takhfeekh Repository, and a large weapons supply depot; these coordinates were all provided by the Russian military advisors, as they shared satellite imagery to reveal ISIS’ locations. According to a field report from a senior officer in the Syrian Arab Army (SAA), the airstrikes have done significant damage to ISIS’ positions in Al-Raqqa; this includes the death of over 140 members of the terrorist group, including the field commander of the Azeri Battalion, Abu Dawoud Al-Azerbaijani."

    Source: http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/russian-military-intelligence-help-the-syrian-air-force-kill-a-large-number-of-isis-terrorists-in-al-raqqa/


    Excellent and considering that Iraqi air force is also stepping up their bombings of ISIS, than they will kill in a week more jihadi terrorists than US coalition in a whole year. With such tempo they will kill more than 1000 terrorists this week and destroy a lot of their equipment. Although it is a small number, it will bring an important change on the front as terrorists will have to secure transport lines and situation in their backyard. If before terrorist have superiority about battlefield awareness through US satellite pictures, now Syrian army have the same situational awareness about positions of terrorists units and pound them with artillery and air force.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus


    Posts : 615
    Points : 620
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  NationalRus Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:22 pm

    looks like SAA is advancing on palmyra, saw yesterday from a SAA soldiers twitter acc a pic of Tanks in the Desert that said ther going for palmyra now first news came that the road from T4 "Airbase fortress" to palmyra was recaptured
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA


    Posts : 414
    Points : 434
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Age : 33
    Location : Caracas,Venezuela

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  HUNTER VZLA Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:39 pm

    Syrian Mig-29 flying Ghouta

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 CPsKlcYVEAAYQgm


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 CPsKlbkUwAAq0hc


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 CPsKlbqUsAAIqwO


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 CPsKlcgUsAAlgmh
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2044
    Points : 2222
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:14 pm

    looks China will joining the Russian forces in Syria, they are currently docked in Egypt. Very Happy welcome thumbsup cheers

    http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/chinese-military-personnel-expected-to-arrive-in-syria/

    http://www.examiner.com/article/syria-russian-marines-on-the-ground-chinese-navy-already-the-mediterranean?cid=db_articles
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9740
    Points : 9863
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:17 pm

    In less than a week, Washington did a U-turn and joined Moscow in discussions over its new military initiative to fight the Islamic State (ISIL) terrorist group in Syria, publicist Patrick Smith wrote in his article for The Fiscal Times. "You have to go back to Kerry’s surprise visit to Sochi last May, when he spent seven hours talking to President Putin and his foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, to get this right. The encounter left no doubt that Kerry stands among those in the administration favoring negotiation over confrontation in foreign policy," he wrote.

    The meeting in Sochi was 80 percent Middle East issues, and only 10 percent Ukraine and 10 percent Iran, Smith wrote citing a high-profile Russian official.

    According to the journalist, the recent talks between Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and his US counterpart Ashton Carter were also focused on the same issue. That proves that the US is now revising its Middle East strategy to turn to cooperation with Russia. "Only a couple of months ago Defense Secretary Ashton Carter was on Eastern European borders with Russia promising to escalate the NATO presence. Last week — and on Obama’s orders — it was Carter who made the ice-breaking telephone call to Sergei Shoigu, his counterpart in Moscow. Altogether a revelatory moment," the analyst assumed.

    US rhetoric toward Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad has changed. Previously, Washington insisted that Assad must quit. However, recently US State Secretary John Kerry allowed for the possibility that Assad might remain in power in the short term and the crisis could be settled without another regime change, Smith pointed out. The White House has realized that ISIL is the most dangerous threat in the Middle East and it cannot be defeated without Russia, he added. In simple terms, the diplomats inside Obama’s administration achieved a victory over the militarists who only escalated the crisis in Syria and strengthened ISIL, the author explained. Smith also listed the implications of this drastic turn toward cooperation with Russia. First, it may open the way to a good political settlement in Syria, and there is no more denying this can be done without Russia.

    According to an article by columnist Ishaan Tharoor in the Washington Post, Obama and Kerry considered that option before. Three years ago Russia’s UN envoy Vitaly Churkin told Martii Ahtisaari, a Finnish diplomat and a Nobel laureate, that Assad was willing to enter talks with the opposition and "finding an elegant way for Assad to step down" was highly possible. That was one year after war broke out, and the casualty count was less than 10,000, Smith underscored.


    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150925/1027542154/us-pivot-russia.html#ixzz3mlPknENB
    Book.
    Book.


    Posts : 696
    Points : 755
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Book. Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:56 am

    الاتفاق على تهدئة في الزبداني
    Syria Rebel agree the Assad Hezbo ceasefire Zabadani

    Published on Sep 25, 2015

    It reached the Syrian opposition and Hezbollah to agree to a ceasefire in Zabadani Rural Damascus, and the villages of Kefraya and virulence Brive Idlib



    Rebel agree draw line
    avatar
    Vann7


    Posts : 5078
    Points : 5182
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Vann7 Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:24 am



    If we stop training, arming jihadists, the war will end’ – Virginia state senator to RT

    better late than never.. russia




    “It is my hope and prayer that the United States wakes up and says it is time to end this slaughter. It is time to stop trying to topple regimes, bring order to the Middle East [and] stop the bloodshed. If we stop training jihadists and arming jihadists, the war will end.”


    “I am really, really pleased that the Russians are putting some people in there who are genuinely going to fight, because I am not entirely certain which side the United States is on. I think sometimes we play one side, sometimes the other,” he added.




    http://www.rt.com/usa/316558-us-training-jihadists-dick-black/

    Solncepek
    Solncepek


    Posts : 277
    Points : 280
    Join date : 2015-08-27
    Location : USSR

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Solncepek Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:10 am

    "There is nothing more marvelous in the morning than drinking my coffee and smoking my narghileh (water pipe) on the balcony while listening to the melody of Russian planes," says Nafaa, a 46-year old businessman in Sharashir, three kilometers (two miles) from the airport.Very Happy Very Happy
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8


    Posts : 2101
    Points : 2096
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  AlfaT8 Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:05 pm

    Solncepek wrote:"There is nothing more marvelous in the morning than drinking my coffee and smoking my narghileh (water pipe) on the balcony while listening to the melody of Russian planes," says Nafaa, a 46-year old businessman in Sharashir, three kilometers (two miles) from the airport.Very Happy Very Happy
    +1 Smile
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca


    Posts : 1379
    Points : 1389
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Hannibal Barca Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:24 pm

    The clarification, for the unwashed English speaking masses, what is narghileh and how kilometers translate to miles is hilarious.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2044
    Points : 2222
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:50 pm

    Hannibal Barca wrote:The clarification, for the unwashed English speaking masses, what is narghileh and how kilometers translate to miles is hilarious.

    i am from Scotland and speak english but wash, i think yours comments are pretty silly to be honest.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:51 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:The clarification, for the unwashed English speaking masses, what is narghileh and how kilometers translate to miles is hilarious.

    i am from Scotland and speak english but wash, i think yours comments are pretty silly to be honest.

    Waaait... is that Trabant 601cc on your avatar? I own one lol just caravan Very Happy
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2044
    Points : 2222
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:54 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:The clarification, for the unwashed English speaking masses, what is narghileh and how kilometers translate to miles is hilarious.

    i am from Scotland and speak english but wash, i think yours comments are pretty silly to be honest.

    Waaait... is that Trabant 601cc on your avatar? I own one lol just caravan Very Happy

    yes it is, i had it for over 7yrs just sold it 6 weeks ago.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:55 pm

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 CP05_nAVEAEODrp

    "FSA Announces The Close Of Military Headquarters In Inkhil, Daraa Countryside"
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987


    Posts : 442
    Points : 440
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 34
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:56 pm

    Militarov wrote:"FSA Announces The Close Of Military Headquarters In Inkhil, Daraa Countryside"

    What is the reasoning for this move?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:57 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:The clarification, for the unwashed English speaking masses, what is narghileh and how kilometers translate to miles is hilarious.

    i am from Scotland and speak english but wash, i think yours comments are pretty silly to be honest.

    Waaait... is that Trabant 601cc on your avatar? I own one lol just caravan Very Happy

    yes it is, i had it for over 7yrs just sold it 6 weeks ago.

    I have one really well restored, it was my grandfathers so i kinda dont want to sell it, funny vehicle to say at least Very Happy I never almost drive it tho i hate fuel "tap" Smile #Endingofftopictopreventrapebymods
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:01 pm

    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:"FSA Announces The Close Of Military Headquarters In Inkhil, Daraa Countryside"

    What is the reasoning for this move?

    "Several Syrian rebel groups around Damascus and in Daraa joined Jaish al Islam. Lacking foreign support also weakens the FSA there"
    "Jaysh Al-Islam Rebel Group Claims To Have Captured The Army 59 Battalion In Daraa"


    Well we have these two reports maybe its somehow related to one of the two, at least my guess.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2044
    Points : 2222
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:05 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:The clarification, for the unwashed English speaking masses, what is narghileh and how kilometers translate to miles is hilarious.

    i am from Scotland and speak english but wash, i think yours comments are pretty silly to be honest.

    Waaait... is that Trabant 601cc on your avatar? I own one lol just caravan Very Happy

    yes it is, i had it for over 7yrs just sold it 6 weeks ago.

    I have one really well restored, it was my grandfathers so i kinda dont want to sell it, funny vehicle to say at least Very Happy I never almost drive it tho i hate fuel "tap" Smile #Endingofftopictopreventrapebymods

    i use to drive mines all the time, my favourite car of all time
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:08 pm

    https://twitter.com/farwzaz/status/647061918159630336

    Might not be actually related to this but i felt like sharing coz i died laughing xD Argument between Syrian and American Smile

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 XhSKfyD
    NationalRus
    NationalRus


    Posts : 615
    Points : 620
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  NationalRus Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:24 pm

    go to funny posts thread and not syrian civil war news, and fuck gun control btw.


    U.S. Says Rebel It Trained Surrendered Matériel in Syria
    The Pentagon said Friday that an American-trained rebel commander in Syria had surrendered trucks and ammunition this week to forces affiliated with an offshoot of Al Qaeda.

    more:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/26/world/middleeast/us-says-rebel-it-trained-surrendered-materiel-in-syria.html?_r=0
    Solncepek
    Solncepek


    Posts : 277
    Points : 280
    Join date : 2015-08-27
    Location : USSR

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Solncepek Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:54 pm

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Maxresdefault
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 17235
    Points : 17746
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  George1 Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:07 pm

    DoD Confirms US-Trained Fighters in Syria Gave Arms to Nusra Front Militants

    A spokesman for the Pentagon has confirmed that Syrian rebel fighters trained by the United States provided ammunition and equipment to an al-Qaeda-linked group.

    WASHINGTON (Sputnik) – Syrian rebel fighters trained by the United States provided ammunition and equipment to an al-Qaeda-linked group this week, a spokesman for the Pentagon has confirmed.

    The US Central Command (CENTCOM) said on Wednesday around 70 participants of the US train-and-equip program returned to Syria from a training camp in Turkey over the weekend. The group that operates as the New Syrian Force (NSF) was later thought to have defected to the Nusra Front.

    “Today the NSF unit contacted Coalition representatives and informed us that on Sept. 21-22 they gave six pick-up trucks and a portion of their ammunition to a suspected Nusra Front intermediary,” Navy Capt. Jeff Davis said as quoted by The Blaze.

    Refuting the initial claims of defections among NSF fighters on Thursday, Davis previously said all coalition-issued weapons and equipment were “under the positive control” of the NSF.

    Accounts allegedly associated with the Nusra Front tweeted photographs of US-made rifles on Wednesday. It was claimed the rifles belonged to the NSF.

    First reports of so-called moderate Syrian fighters, which were trained to fight militant groups like the Nusra Front and the notorious ISIL jihadist group, claimed the NSF had given up arms in exchange for safe passage.

    Davis said the Pentagon believed the reports that NSF fighters gave up weapons to the Nusra Front were false at the time and that the published photograph was an old “repurposed” image.

    Earlier this month, the Pentagon admitted that only five out of the over 5,000 fighters trained in the $500-million US program were actually fighting on the ground. The figure was later revised to nine.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150926/1027563997.html#ixzz3mrSmvYNZ
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:59 pm

    "SANA – Units of the army and the armed forces on Saturday continued to launch wide-scale military operations against the Takfiri terrorist organizations across the country, inflicting heavy losses upon them in the arms and personnel.

    Aleppo

    Army units targeted terrorists’ movements and hideouts in Kafr Hamra village and Byanoun and Hreitan towns in northern Aleppo on the international highway leading to Turkey, field sources told SANA on Saturday.

    Several of the terrorists’ dens and supply routes were destroyed, along with their vehicles, some of which equipped with machine guns, with numbers of them getting killed in the course of the operations. More terrorists were killed and some of their vehicles were destroyed in the villages of al-Ameriyeh and Khan Touman in the southern countryside of Aleppo, while others were killed in Kfarnaha village in the western countryside. Meanwhile, ISIS terrorists suffered losses as army units targeted their gatherings and positions in the surroundings of the Air Force Academy in the eastern countryside of the province. The army also targeted hideouts and positions of terrorists from Jabhat al-Nusra and other organizations in the neighborhoods of al-Rashidin and Bustan al-Basha in Aleppo city.

    Homs

    Army units destroyed terrorists’ dens in al-Rastan and al-Qariatin in Homs countryside."

    Source: http://sana.sy/en/?p=55905

    Sponsored content


    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:51 am